Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wonderbox and Fantasian are going to look so good on the Switch. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
AI The Somnium Files:

Pollyanna posted:

One thing is for sure: whatever route you take in the dreams changes reality.

:allears:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Arzaac posted:

I'm spending my morning in the hospital! (Nothing serious, I got chest pains and panicked but luckily it's not a heart problem. :v:)

Just biding my time here, playing an idle game on my phone and reading manga.

Feel better!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Walla posted:

Wonderbox and Fantasian are going to look so good on the Switch. :)
i would like to see wonderbox on other platforms, i'm not sure if it'll happen or not for either game since fantasian was announced from the very beginning as an apple arcade project

wonderbox has a cursor in menus though, and the level designer doesn't use the controller at all, so it might come to PC with that in mind

with fantasian, it's the first half out now and the second half out later in the year, so if it does come to other platforms, it would come when the game is fully finished like World's End Club or Shantae 5

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ymgve posted:

It looks like I have a Minecraft version dated 2010-07-11 somewhere. Is that old enough?

There are also some old versions on a certain pirate site, but they are without seeds

it appears so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Seeing World of Demons makes me want more Okami

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

ArfJason posted:

ZAGREUS
in the name of hades, Games Chat Thread, I request your help in this journey:
The Minecraft Launcher lets you install pretty much any version that's ever been released going back to May 2009. The earliest one is rd-132211.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ArfJason posted:

it appears so

Sent you a PM

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Now that it's on console I'm downloading SA goty 2019 "Disco Elysium"

will it live up to the hype?!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

quote:

Actually, I just remembered something quickly could you also tell people to check their %temp% folders for https://www.minecraft.net minecraft.net or Minecraft folders? And link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OCxMNQLeZJi4BlKKwHx2OlzktKiLEwFXnmCrSdAFwYQ/

People can have versions in their temp folders without their knowledge if they still have the same pcs or hard drives

Volte posted:

The Minecraft Launcher lets you install pretty much any version that's ever been released going back to May 2009. The earliest one is rd-132211.

ill tell them but i assume they know this. they have a dude who coded this multilauncher thing that lets you pull old versions too (multimc?) in their discord.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

cheetah7071 posted:

ah now I remember why I always go into shadowverse hibernation sooner or later, it's because I'm incapable of healthily dealing with the tilt of being on a losing streak in a competitive game

Same, it’s why I (mostly) avoid any competitive games these days. I’ve been playing NBA 2k21, but I’ve had to be very vigilant about not allowing myself to creep into online play.

In other news, the Kentucky Route Zero composer released some deep cut tracks from the game on Bandcamp today:

https://benbabbitt.bandcamp.com/album/kentucky-route-zero-memory-overflow

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Now that it's on console I'm downloading SA goty 2019 "Disco Elysium"

will it live up to the hype?!

I am usually extremely anti hype but DE really is that rare case where it's as good as everyone says. It's so dope and I'm not even very far yet

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

it is also bandcamp friday so the creators keep all the money, if anyone didn't know

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The combat in Atelier Ryza is weirdly confusing. Does the game ever get hard or will I be okay with barely understanding what's going on

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Simone Magus posted:

The combat in Atelier Ryza is weirdly confusing. Does the game ever get hard or will I be okay with barely understanding what's going on

The first game? There will be two insane difficulty spikes later on. The game also tells you basically nothing about how to actually make strong items. All the Atelier games are like this though, so I generally play this way: I ignore every single enemy until I get to a boss battle I can't beat, and then I will fight some enemies to level up which will go very quickly since I will be way underleveled. Your stats only barely matter in these games and are only useful for not dying and having HP/Defense, since all of your damage is coming from items which are independent from your stats. As long as you stay on top of your alchemy level and make every item you can as soon as it seems like you're able to you should breeze through 90% of the game until the final boss where you'll have to spend a little more time prepping

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Screaming Mantis fight is pretty cool but I spent 15 minutes trying to use the wrong gun and oof that was not a good time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao the Psycho Mantis cameo complete with flashback of a PS1 console

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

I couldn't wait and I finished the game a couple days ago but I'm really enjoying living vicariously through your playthrough

i'm especially interested in your posts from this point onward because hoo boy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Love Meryl getting a big "Hold the line!" moment

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm playing Metro Exodus again now that I can have it on a ssd

Borebeeeen

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Rarity posted:

Fun fact: Mantis' scream of VIBRATION IS BACK is because some early PS3 controllers didn't have it. If you used one of those he got sad that he couldn't use one of his classic tricks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of my friends is playing Metal Gear Solid for the very first time https://www.twitch.tv/karkalla

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

i haven't played Ryza but generally Atelier is all about item crafting and usage. getting better at alchemy has a direct correlation to your improvement in battle because your items get stronger bonuses and attributes. sometimes it's best just to gently caress around crafting items because if you combine the right ingredients and use the right bonuses you can get crazy good results out of even tier 2 bombs and heals (at least this is the case in the PS3 Atelier games)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

MGS4: This splitscreen sequence is probably really cool but I'm too busy trying to survive to properly appreciate it

Raiden now is not the time to be talking about eggs!

I played mgs4 twice at least before I just watched a youtube of the raiden fight with vamp, during the snake fight. It's really cool! It's worth going back and watching it. How does anyone stand up to Raiden at all though?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

redreader posted:

I played mgs4 twice at least before I just watched a youtube of the raiden fight with vamp, during the snake fight. It's really cool! It's worth going back and watching it. How does anyone stand up to Raiden at all though?

nanomachines, son

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah it can be difficult to feel like you're getting better at the alchemy because there's not reeeeeeeeeeaally a lot of skill involved, it's mostly just using what you have available. But, even the beginner items have traits you're not meant to be able to activate until the mid/late game, so at the start you'll be like "what the heck am I doing wrong to not be able to activate all the skills" but the actual answer is that you just don't have high enough level base items.

The real trick to the entire Atelier series is pretty much the same in every game. Eventually, you will get enough recipes to where you can make a chain of fusions that loop into itself. So like, you start with a Red Neutralizer, which requires a liquid to make. You fuse it, then you fuse that into something else, and keep going and keep going until eventually you fuse it into an item with a liquid property, so you make it back into Red Neutralizer, meaning you can basically duplicate items. Along the fusion chain, you keep increasing the item quality and adding in any traits you want, so at the end you have a large number of high-quality base materials with very strong traits that you can then use to make any items you want. The higher the quality of the base materials, the more points you get to unlock traits with, so with a bunch of 99+ quality items you'll be maxing out items easily.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

does Disco Elysium on PS4 like, work for anyone

I was getting a lot of input lag in the character creation menus then the game froze on the first loading screen/it worked on my third try but I have to interact with half the objects multiple times before it registers for some reason

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I turned Ryza up to hard, and thought that was about right.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
O I've played plenty of a tillier games, I was specifically just talking about how the combat system in reisa is this weird pseudo real time confusing jumble of things , also you can thank googles voice recognition for the fact that a tillier is not spelled correctly in this post

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
And neither is reisa lol, I guess it's having a difficult time with my Irish accent

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

does Disco Elysium on PS4 like, work for anyone

I was getting a lot of input lag in the character creation menus then the game froze on the first loading screen/it worked on my third try but I have to interact with half the objects multiple times before it registers for some reason

It's a bit of a mess right now unfortunately. I'm waiting on patch 1.2 to continue personally.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

What is this heresy I see before me?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

O I've played plenty of a tillier games, I was specifically just talking about how the combat system in reisa is this weird pseudo real time confusing jumble of things , also you can thank googles voice recognition for the fact that a tillier is not spelled correctly in this post

The Atelier thread might be able to help there. I haven't played Ryza myself but yeah the combat looks more complex on a systems level than previous Atelier games, with the Tactics meter and all that.

Cannot tell if this is blessed or cursed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4: holy poo poo Johnny's a badass. A hot poopy pants badass :stwoon:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
silvagunna right now doing a thing where the red luigi never really existed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbehXK7uC3Q

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

MGS4: holy poo poo Johnny's a badass. A hot poopy pants badass :stwoon:

Welcome aboard the Johnny train.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god Johnny and Meryl are the best :3:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Harrow posted:

Cannot tell if this is blessed or cursed

Blursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can tell Kojima really liked Mr. and Mrs. Smith with the Johnny and Meryl stuff