Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m fully vaccinated, motherfuckers! Time to lick some strangers

a cyborg mug posted:

This morning our headmaster accidentally sent a message that you've been exposed to the corona virus and have to quarantine starting immediately.

To the entire school.

The. Entire. School.

Kids, their parents, every single teacher.

It was an honest mistake and not intended to be a very bad April Fools joke but boy did stuff get exciting here for a moment or two

edit: to be clear, we've been doing in-person school for all kids in grade 6 or lower (I teach 5th grade) all year long

Hahaha holy gently caress, I can’t even imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Congrats friend. My first shot turned out to be real

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

It’s opening day! Go Braves!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My lovely evil Red Sox are going all the way this year babey

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're posting the worst rear end in a top hat teams in baseball one at a time. Houston astros

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the worst thing you can say about the Orioles is that they frequently stink, the second worst thing you can say about the Orioles is that time Cal Ripken's mom got probably fake kidnapped and then everybody just sort of forgot about it and he started doing ads for Roy Rogers

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Good news: The Mets did not lose their opening day game!
Bad News: The game was postponed due to Covid related issues.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
*checks googles*

Cleveland Baseball Team lost opening day, whatever. Baseball has been dead to me since 2016.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/646430214969532416?s=21

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Cavauro posted:

we're posting the worst rear end in a top hat teams in baseball one at a time. Houston astros

All I'm saying is that the only way my team ever won required tearing a hole for the entire Universe to sink down into this hell dimension and doomed us to the last four and a half years and over half a million dead from a plague. Nobody out-assholes the Cubs, and that's not even talking about our ownership.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

post em if you got em

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I miss going to minor league games. I'd go see my Lakewood Blueclaws at least once or twice a year. Get shitfaced off of terrible, expensive beer, eat a big italian hot dog, get a lil plastic souvenir helmet filled with Italian ice, high-five the off brand Philly Phanatic they have as their mascot, it's truly a beautiful time that I'm excited to get back to

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
fuckin love baseball babaaaay yeaoooow

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCFiHMSyAw

The shift from smoke to flame to the atomic beam (and that sound effect!) are just incredible, and the wide-shot with no sound but the score towards the end is so loving good.

The part where the entire city is glowing on fire and Godzilla just slowly marches forward makes him look so cool and like a literal god of destruction.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I miss going to minor league games. I'd go see my Lakewood Blueclaws at least once or twice a year. Get shitfaced off of terrible, expensive beer, eat a big italian hot dog, get a lil plastic souvenir helmet filled with Italian ice, high-five the off brand Philly Phanatic they have as their mascot, it's truly a beautiful time that I'm excited to get back to

Love minor league games. We have the “original” thirsty Thursday here where beers are a dollar, it used to be a 32oz for a dollar but the city made them stop. I worked there all through high school, fun times. Except the time the mascot yelled at me because I interrupted him
when he was getting into character.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit Godzilla vs. Kong almost nailed the only thing I was looking for from the movie but didn't quite stick the landing. All I wanted was for at the end for Godzilla and Kong to give each other the little "You're a'ight" nod goddammit Hollywood what the gently caress are you doing get your poo poo together :argh:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

karmicknight posted:

*checks googles*

Cleveland Baseball Team lost opening day, whatever. Baseball has been dead to me since 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-bsTkkXVY&t=19s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what are the best shows going on

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

columbo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I heard Pepsi has their own game show now

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

e: double post. The phillies made me care about baseball for a few years, then promptly stomped that enthusiasm into the mud for a decade

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pis sucker

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

What We Do in the Shadows

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't see poo poo! lol

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Everyone hates the Cubs where I am so I pretend to hate them because I don’t give too much of a poo poo about sports; I am one of the towns with a good couple of teams too

I would fund mass helicopter travel, just stop loving up downtown traffic gdi

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my mom and I briefly paid attention to baseball during that weird and lovely couple of years in which the Mariners were really quite good, with the likes of Ken Griffey Jr. and Randy Johnson (aka the “Big Unit”) (b/c his name is very close to being a penis joke and also he was a pretty dang good and powerful pitcher) (he might also have had a sizable one but I sure as heck wouldn’t know, as I was a kid then)

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 2, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like the Cubs I was very happy when they won. I like that Pearl Jam song about them

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I like the Cubs I was very happy when they won. I like that Pearl Jam song about them

80s Cubs Jersey is stylish as hell I used to have one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

What We Do in the Shadows

Seriously :hmmyes:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

The Expanse.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I really enjoyed Wandavision and am liking what they've done so far with Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I’m rewatching The Sopranos. It’s my wife’s first time. It’s a lot of fun but I keep having to stop myself from spoiling stuff.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

I’m rewatching The Sopranos. It’s my wife’s first time. It’s a lot of fun but I keep having to stop myself from spoiling stuff.

If you spoil something, just tell her, "I'm sorry T."

Finally watching that show was one of the few good things to come out of the past year. I kick myself for waiting so long. And tonight I started re-watching Justified for the wonder that is Walton Goggins.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell you what. major league 3 is worth watching for the goggin

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Captain Magic posted:

Same and same. Just finished the first series last night.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

Watching with a first timer is so much fun, especially seeing the way they think the stories are SURE to go. A friend was utterly convinced that in season 2 AND 3 Christopher was going to die for certain, there was just no way he was making it through alive and of course when he dies in season 6 they never saw it coming :allears:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Goggins in Vice Principals is like playoff Jordan levels of good.

Also the Expanse owns so much.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Righteous Gemstones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok posted:

give me my first shot please

thank you :razzy: