Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing
And on to the 5th Overtime we go...

drat these guys must be out of gas at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Thread title never more appropriate.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welp. Wild game.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

gently caress me. What a game

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Soft goal, should have just let that first goal stand and send everyone home three hours ago. (kidding)

What a game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Someone check on our thread pal Grand Theft Autobot pls

That had to have put him through the ringer

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I was listening to the call on KDAL in bed with my earbuds in my Shepard jersey. Bruce Ciskie ran out of canned interviews to play during intermission, so he was digging into his archives. Great content.

Stejskal played out of his mind, I hope he's available for the Frozen Four. I trust Fanti too, he had some clutch saves to close it out.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

As far as signature wins, this is on the level of beating SCSU in double OT for the NCHC Tournament Championship. Very similar games too, where we played our game no matter what, absorbed every hit the other team could throw, and waited for opportune moments to strike.

We can do this thing.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

SCSU sucks but I need them to win to keep my dream nearly all MN frozen four alive.

Also gently caress BC.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

gently caress both these squads, but SCSU is way better than most people give them credit for.

edit: hah yeah wow they are fuckin working BC

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

UMD will take care of this Husky problem everyone seems to be dealing so poorly with.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Yep, Gophers losing to Mankato, sounds about right. :/

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mankato vs St Cloud is going to rock so loving hard.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I didn't realize Minnesota only had 22 shots, and just 9 between the first two periods.

Goddamn, Mike Hastings just grinded them to dust :stare:

E: and yeah, Cloud/Mankato should be an awesome game. I've got no idea what to make of UMass/Duluth, I haven't seen any of UMass this year.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 29, 2021

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Duluth has been the hardest out in the tournament for more than half a decade, and Sandy is running the game to perfection right now. UMD should be the favorite.

By hardest out, I mean that the dogs have been in the tournament every year since 2015 and have gone 14-3. Sandelin has won at least one game every tournament he's been in, and his overall tournament record is 21-6.

edit: they also just took the best team in the country to 5 OTs and actually won the game twice.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 30, 2021

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Rico Blasi is the new head coach at St. Thomas.

https://twitter.com/USTMensHockey/status/1377976648570609666?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I had a feeling he'd be back coaching soon. Good on him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
should have promoted him to AAD

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MavHockey/status/1379449361940185095

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

St Cloud is really loving good. I hate it.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Minnesota State is really loving good. I hate it.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
UMass lost four players to COVID protocols ahead of tonight's game. Starting goalie Lindberg and top scorer Gicewicz are among them. I hate it.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

That indeed sucks. Just like Minnesota State sucks.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That indeed sucks. Just like Minnesota State sucks.

I can get behind this sentiment.

But may I add that St Cloud State also sucks.

(And UMD for good measure).

I do like when MN schools win the NCAA at least, but I wish the big one could pull it off more often.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
let's go zoomass :toot:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
:siren: UMass wins it in OT! :siren:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Huskies are going to destroy UMass

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

nah 5-1 UMass ez clap

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

BooMass, imho

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

"Um... rear end." It's right in the name.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

seriously though what the gently caress happened to UMD during the intermission between 3rd and OT? they went from controlling the entire flow of the game to getting hilariously bodied nonstop

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

broke: BU/BC/Maine dominate Hockey East, win titles

woke: Providence/UMass Amherst/UMass Lowell dominate Hockey East, and two out of them win titles

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Huskies are going to destroy UMass

:thunk:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Cannot believe one of my alma maters will be national champs. Also, eat my rear end, St. Cloud. You're a miserable city filled with miserable people who elect fascists like Michelle Bachmann.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Lol I'm super dumb at sports

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

Cannot believe one of my alma maters will be national champs. Also, eat my rear end, St. Cloud. You're a miserable city filled with miserable people who elect fascists like Michelle Bachmann.

This is all true

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

SCSU's student body is also dumber than loving rocks.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

SCSU's student body is also dumber than loving rocks.

Fun to party with though. :cheersdoge::cheersbird:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Yes and no. They drink a ton of alcohol, but I wouldn't say they're particularly good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

i was a lot closer with that 5-1 prediction than i thought. i genuinely did not expect UMass to win tbh