Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1374713010766372867?s=19

Big fan of Tre Mann, he sucked as a freshman after coming in as a pretty big recruit but he got way bigger and was a monster shot maker this season. Should be an easy first rounder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

MourningView posted:

I do think he's going to be at least pretty good wherever he winds up, he's a good shooter, plays D, and is a really smart passer. But if he has a weakness it's that he can't really create an easy look for himself in the half court, so playing with another guard who can get in the paint would probably be the ideal. Maybe it's better with NBA space but kinda hard to have more space than Gonzaga lol

Sounds like a good fit in Orlando actually

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

Sounds like a good fit in Orlando actually

He'd be cool with Cole long term I think.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love Trey Mann because his emoji tat pisses the right kind of people off and I'm glad his game has come along.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do y'all think of the Baylor guards? I think they are real solid, but Im having a hard time seeing them go too high.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ButtWolf posted:

What do y'all think of the Baylor guards? I think they are real solid, but Im having a hard time seeing them go too high.

I love Butler, I'd have probably taken him in the first round last year and I definitely would this year. Good shooter, best ball handler in the class, and he's come a long way as a passer.

Mitchell is probably the best defensive guard in the class or close to it but I don't trust his offense as much. He shot well this year but pretty bad in the prior seasons and has never been a good free throw shooter. I'd take him in the second but I can't see first round.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I could swear MV or Lockback had posted about Alperen Sengun, but I couldn't find anything in the thread.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I could swear MV or Lockback had posted about Alperen Sengun, but I couldn't find anything in the thread.

MourningView posted:

I like Sengun a lot, think he has an argument for being the best Euro in the class and I don't think I'd take much issue with him going in the late lotto. I definitely believe in his shot coming around evenrually. He doesn't take a ton of threes but there have been games where he hits step backs and other pretty advanced stuff and all his other shooting indicators are good. Plays pretty good D too. Anyone lighting up a genuinely good league at that age to the degree he has is probably going to be at least a solid NBA player

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

TY. Looks like the mock draft community agrees with you.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1376608716645146624?s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What do you guys think of Kai Jones

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

What do you guys think of Kai Jones

Probably the biggest boom or bust guy in the draft but I think you could take him anywhere after like 6 and not be reaching too much. There just aren't many guys that size with those kinds of movement skills and athleticism and he flashes a lot of skill in terms of his handle and shooting touch. But it was still mostly flashes and he wasn't good at all as a freshman so there's plenty of reason for concern.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Probably the biggest boom or bust guy in the draft but I think you could take him anywhere after like 6 and not be reaching too much. There just aren't many guys that size with those kinds of movement skills and athleticism and he flashes a lot of skill in terms of his handle and shooting touch. But it was still mostly flashes and he wasn't good at all as a freshman so there's plenty of reason for concern.

Yeah I think that's true. You watch him in games and he's just a classic rim running center, but if you cut up his whole season he's the poor man's Evan Mobley.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah I think that's true. You watch him in games and he's just a classic rim running center, but if you cut up his whole season he's the poor man's Evan Mobley.

he has like two drives a game where he randomly looks like a 6'11" sga or something and he shot pretty well from 3 on a relatively tiny number of attempts

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1378017480539537412

I'd recommend he find a nickname ASAP

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

His family is from Liberia and he's very aware of the other David Duke. Every time it comes up he takes the Michael Bolton in office space approach.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
He just needs to go out there and be so good at basketball, the evil bastard becomes his footnote.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He wants to do the opposite btw. There was an interview about it and he wants to make people associate the name with him rather than the shitheel

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

gently caress Duke, always and forever

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

He wants to do the opposite btw. There was an interview about it and he wants to make people associate the name with him rather than the shitheel

I hope that he wins Rookie of the Year and that old racist dies a few days later

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1378545794182041601?s=21

https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/status/1378547912779603970?s=21

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Paul Zuvella posted:

Potential to be my favorite player, love this poo poo

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

A big goongrats to Johnny Juzang for winning the 2021 Now I Don’t Watch Much Basketball But Someone’s Gotta Draft This Guy! Award

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

A big goongrats to Johnny Juzang for winning the 2021 Now I Don’t Watch Much Basketball But Someone’s Gotta Draft This Guy! Award

john paxson account found

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Algund Eenboom posted:

sad for max abmas that he only got this for like a week.

But yeah this and a resurgence in Suggs 1 takes because he banked in a half court shot are going to be the big annoying things from people who don't pay attention to draft stuff year round

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/Aaron_Torres/status/1378548055226523650?s=19

weird that these smug dipshits don't want to talk about what happened to BJ Boston by going to college

The G-League was also good for all of the Ignite guys, Green and Kuminga are both probably going top 5 which wasn't at all a lock for Green who was usually better liked by college recruiting people than NBA draft people. Nix has some late first round buzz after being an afterthought this time last year. Todd is almost definitely going to get drafted after being outside most mocks going into the year

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think the fact that Green struggled and then broke through against pros and semi pros ended up being a positive for him, whereas if he had struggled initially in college, with as tight as this class is it would've cost him 3-4 spots. To me that makes Ignite a success.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the other thing about the g-league is that nobody there is trying to climb ranks or secure a second coaching contract by winning games; the express goal is player development

it'll be interesting to see where kuminga and green are in their development relative to the rest of the non-cade rookies next season

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/Aaron_Torres/status/1378548055226523650?s=19

weird that these smug dipshits don't want to talk about what happened to BJ Boston by going to college

The G-League was also good for all of the Ignite guys, Green and Kuminga are both probably going top 5 which wasn't at all a lock for Green who was usually better liked by college recruiting people than NBA draft people. Nix has some late first round buzz after being an afterthought this time last year. Todd is almost definitely going to get drafted after being outside most mocks going into the year

Lmao this reply

https://mobile.twitter.com/LopezOnSports/status/1378548923686588419

Cause like, fucken Russ Smith is just raking in those tournament hero bucks

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Mateen cleaves doing a Scrooge mcduck dive into his pool of final four cash

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

the other thing about the g-league is that nobody there is trying to climb ranks or secure a second coaching contract by winning games; the express goal is player development

it'll be interesting to see where kuminga and green are in their development relative to the rest of the non-cade rookies next season

It's interesting how a lot of intl players who are more like top 500 than top 50 have come to the NCAA over the last several years, because 4 years of practice and playing with a focus on improvement is more than they'll get on an international team who wants to win tomorrow and doesn't care about prospects because they know they'll leave for the NBA.

That was followed by this new overseas push for top guys, and the NBA responded in only about 3 years, to provide cash and coaching so that top prospects aren't scattered far afield. The cost savings for scouting trips is probably worth it alone.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

sad for max abmas that he only got this for like a week.

But yeah this and a resurgence in Suggs 1 takes because he banked in a half court shot are going to be the big annoying things from people who don't pay attention to draft stuff year round

But for real...what is Juzang’s stock looking like

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

But for real...what is Juzang’s stock looking like

He's done enough to get picked but it should be in the second round. he has some interesting shotmaking stuff for his size but an nba team isn't going to let him dribble the air out of the ball for most of the shot clock before jacking up a contested midrange jumper like UCLA does and he doesn't do anything off ball. You generally have to be a lot more athletic and a better playmaker than he is to fill the role he has right now in the NBA. I do think he's a good shooter but being an off ball shooter is a very specific skill set he hasn't shown.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 5, 2021

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

He's done enough to get picked but it should be in the second round. he has some interesting shotmaking stuff for his size but an nba team isn't going to let him dribble the air out of the ball for most of the shot clock before jacking up a contested midrange jumper like UCLA does and he doesn't do anything off ball. You generally have to be a lot more athletic and a better playmaker than he is to fill the role he has right now in the NBA. I do think he's a good shooter but being an off ball shooter is a very specific skill set he hasn't shown.

Thank you for the insight, I will now sound smarter when I talk to my UCLA fan coworker

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Algund Eenboom posted:

Davion Mitchell is now getting ranked in the top 10 by people so condolences to Johnny for a short reign here.

(mitchell around like 20 is probably fine but I don't think he's even the best baylor guard)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/DraftDummies/status/1380624222465130496?s=19

giddey quickly becoming my dude in this draft although I think he might wind up top 10 for just about everyone fairly soon. Cazy handle and passing for his size and the shot is coming along. Also regularly getting double digit rebounds despite weighing like 180 pounds and playing in a professional league where tackling is legal

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The clips of Giddey I've seen are entertaining, he's like Boris Diaw without the strength and special french flair, just sort of tumbling to the hoop from the three point line and throwing passes over his back

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
he's kinda like lamelo but like 10% less extreme in every respect

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MourningView posted:

he's kinda like lamelo but like 10% less extreme in every respect

Except for the “his dad” category, which is probably closer to 90% less extreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU