Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shigaraki will do something so evil, that Deku will have no choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbtW58x08GE&t=33s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku will not murder Muscular, but he will rip his arms and legs off. A fair trade if you ask me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Won't murder, will maim.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

oh jay posted:

Shigaraki will do something so evil, that Deku will have no choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbtW58x08GE&t=33s

Well he's already killed a dog

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ImpAtom posted:

I mean people are empathizing with "the crazy murdertouch man" "literally a serial killer" and "burns people alive for fun" man. Give Muscular a reasonable excuse and probably could happen.

It was considered shocking and awful when the guy who lived to help murder/kidnap children and repeatedly did his best to help with that goal was stabbed by a hero to prevent him from going to help murder and kill people.

Deku murdering someone would be fuckin' awful no matter who it was.

I hear what you’re saying and I agree, but do consider:

“I accidentally killed my family and was groomed to be a child soldier.”

“I’m the product of an abusive home where strength was everything and I want revenge and to expose my father for what he is”

“I LIKE MURDER”

Functionally they’re very similar but presentation matters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guys, here's what's going to happen when Deku fights Muscular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxMs9WGG20g

But obviously, since it's Muscular he's going to get back up and Deku's gonna have to be more analytical about dismantaling him in round 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLuhWLNqpiA

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Deku is going to hit Muscular with the Diamond Cutter and get the three count before Muscular knows what's happening.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Azubah posted:

Won't murder, will maim.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
so confirmed that no MHA this week?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

so confirmed that no MHA this week?

The Viz site still says new chapter in 3 days.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This around the time speedscans would show up, right? I feel like that would answer whether there's a break or not.

Edit: I'm not saying go look for them, but I'm sure someone here has already and could answer.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Electric Phantasm posted:

This around the time speedscans would show up, right? I feel like that would answer whether there's a break or not.

Edit: I'm not saying go look for them, but I'm sure someone here has already and could answer.

They would indeed normally be out by now, and are not so its a good assumption nothing this week.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the initial thing was that the viz shonenjump site said next week, but it's back to saying Sunday

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I checked twitter and there is no chapter this week because Horikoshi is sick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He started drawing all the blood and gore from Deku's murder spree and it broke his spirit.

I get it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rhonne posted:

I checked twitter and there is no chapter this week because Horikoshi is sick.

After seeing the leaked pages of gory hyperdeath I'd say he's sick too. It's like he just binge read all of Crossed and became inspired.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Massacring an entire village to get good photo references was definitely the way to go though. Art requires sacrifice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm not certain the narrative purpose Izuku pulling Muscular's spine out through his dick slot for ten pages but I respect Horikoshi's right to draw it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I knew Deku was going to show off some new tricks but killing Yo Shindo and using Black Whip to work his body like a puppet and heckle Muscular while he beats him down is a bit too edgy for my taste.

Not sure about this Bakugo/Mineta team up in the last panel!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
why'd he have to show musculars dick though

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Farg posted:

Muscular broke all his clothes with those 12,000 layers of muscles, so tearing off those muscles is going to show the pasty body beneath.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Farg posted:

He didn't. He got to.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

christmas boots posted:

I hear what you’re saying and I agree, but do consider:

“I accidentally killed my family and was groomed to be a child soldier.”

“I’m the product of an abusive home where strength was everything and I want revenge and to expose my father for what he is”

“I LIKE MURDER”

Functionally they’re very similar but presentation matters.

You can also see bits of the good person that Shigaraki (or Toga, Twice, etc) could have been now and then, with Shigaraki's current self demonstrating a weird mix of his childhood desire to be a hero and save people with his upbringing by AFO and being conditioned like a dog to associate destroying things and killing people with happiness. I think this contributes too, and is also why, while he does have his fans, you seem to see fewer people suggesting the possibility of Dabi being redeemed than Shiggy or the rest of the "main" League villains; unlike the rest, he doesn't really demonstrate any positive qualities, even seeing the rest of the League as tools rather than the friends/family the rest developed into, plus while they're all killers he's the only one that seems to actually enjoy making people suffer.

Muscular has all of Dabi's problems there, being an unrepentant sadist and murderer who shows shows absolutely no redeeming qualities (besides maybe his "kill or be killed" philosophy including respect for those strong enough to challenge him instead of him being a hypocrite when the tables might get turned; he seemed to remember Kota's parents positively, after all), and we haven't even gotten a sympathetic story for him. He just kills people because he likes killing. So, yeah, people aren't going to sympathize with him much, which is probably the point; for an even more direct comparison, while I was writing this post I realized that Rappa is a pretty similar character in a lot of ways, but he was presented as much more likable despite also being a murderer who wants to punch a child to death (or be punched to death by said child, he's cool with either really), which suggests that if Horikoshi wanted his audience to like Muscular, he probably could.

I don't think that means that Deku is going to kill Muscular, or anyone else, of course, or even maim him horribly or whatever (unless maybe if you count punching off all that excess muscle fiber as maiming, I guess it depends on how that stuff works and how easily it falls off/goes away normally*). Just commenting on the sympathy thing.

*Tangent regarding Muscular's, well, muscles, wow his power is gross when you think about it for more than a little bit.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 2, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

*Tangent regarding Muscular's, well, muscles, wow his power is gross when you think about it for more than a little bit.

I mean, his power is pretty gross even if you don't think about it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

God, this week's chapter was powerful. I think this page is my new favorite out of the whole series
[/spoiler]
[/spoiber]

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That reminds me: did Compress die or was he just captured?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The wiki said "captured"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, by the Grim Reaper

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Everyone at the time seemed pretty sure compressing his own rear end would lead to his death, despite all the timeskip thrown around its only been a few weeks at most so he could easily still just be dying in the hospital somewhere.

Or come back with a robot rear end.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

That reminds me: did Compress die or was he just captured?

Captured but severely injured. I think we’d know by now if he died on the way to the hospital, but he could be in a coma or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He's been placed in an Iron Butt.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I know some are tragically born without, but for those who had an rear end only to lose it... can they still be said to be alive?

I don't believe so.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I Have No rear end, and I Must Poop

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Maybe he can get physical therapy from the rear end Hero, Donkey Hote.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

A villain who compresses his own butt off.

A shameful villain.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I don't think everyone should be making light of Mr. Compress's significant contribution to the Jaku fight. Shiggy would have never gotten away if Compress wasn't willing to work his rear end off to get things done.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

nrook posted:

Maybe he can get physical therapy from the rear end Hero, Donkey Hote.
Shouldn't it be from his sidekick, Chopansa-san?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

E. Revenant posted:

I don't think everyone should be making light of Mr. Compress's significant contribution to the Jaku fight. Shiggy would have never gotten away if Compress wasn't willing to work his rear end off to get things done.

It was one of the best rear end-pulls I've seen.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Latest ep of the anime had the Shoto+Endeavor *slurrrrp* scene, but they didnt linger on Shoto and his noodles long enough to be as funny as I found it in the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Muscular's tragic backstory is that he was Mitsuki's little brother, and her stealing his chicken nuggies right out of his hand when he was 5 convinced him that strength is the only thing that mattered in this world.