Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Wow, this E/G vs J/L game is a whooping.
Edit: it was 10-0 for E/G after the 3rd.

Inspector_666 posted:

Ok so it's End Of Season Sale time, and I'm wondering if anybody has recommendations for shoes. It seems like getting a pair of sneakers custom-fitted with a slider isn't really much pricier than a mid-range pair of dedicated shoes, and they also look exponentially better and I know they'll be comfy. But as a dumb idiot newbie, am I setting myself up for failure somehow?

Don't get the Goldline Quantums. I liked the idea of swapping discs instead of buying new shoes, but I've already had to replace the grippers because their smaller size seems to make them wear out quicker.

FrenzyTheKillbot fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Tough day for walker so far

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I haven't been nearly as invested in this tournament as I was for the Scotties or the Brier, but it's still fun to watch :unsmith:

I think Kerry and Brad have this one though. That was a big steal.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

What a turnaround for Bottcher there! Mouat looked drat good for the first half and then... not so much.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is there any way I can watch the Worlds here in the US? ESPN isn't showing it :smith:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Is there any way I can watch the Worlds here in the US? ESPN isn't showing it :smith:

featured matches are on the WCF YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKIdgLUYV-Z1DM0_W_Z_gA

US team matches on NBCSN

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Qwijib0 posted:

featured matches are on the WCF YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKIdgLUYV-Z1DM0_W_Z_gA

US team matches on NBCSN

Thank you, I am now very excited/stressed to watch USA vs Canada tomorrow morning.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Amazing how every bounce is going Team Canada's way so far...

EDIT: Than now Team USA burying themselves :smith:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 5, 2021

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Decided to check the score of this morning's draw and saw the Canada-US score... yikes!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't think a single stone for Team USA has finished where they wanted it to.

"Can't shut us out, boys!" ahahahah I love Matt Hamilton.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 5, 2021

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Canada is down 7-3 to Korea after a missed shot for a Korea steal. Just one of those games I guess, hope they can get back on track

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Three more for the U.S. where they will be pretty heavy favorites. Could get to 10-3 in round robin. Great day today.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Two big losses for Canada yesterday, things aren't looking great for them :smith:

Moulding looked super sad last night in the post game interview.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Two big losses for Canada yesterday, things aren't looking great for them :smith:

Moulding looked super sad last night in the post game interview.

Moulding looks like he's still in pain. He's blown a lot of shots, and had like 4 picks so far to boot.

Still, if they beat Norway tonight they're guaranteed to be in the top 6.

There has been some drat nice curling this week. i was going to go back and gif the one shot Korea made against Canada because they haired a guard, and even from an angled camera view of it, there couldn't have been a sheet of paper between the two rocks.

It's awesome to see so many competitive countries, and it's awesome to see Korea doing well considering their whole curling program got blown the gently caress up because of 3 greedy assholes.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

It's weird though, Moulding was making drat near everything early in the tournament. You're right, he's been falling apart the last couple days.

Poor guy :(

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Wonder if his back is still bothering him and he's trying to play through it

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Something's going on with moulding, you can see him grimacing when he takes his shot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah he's clearly playing through it, grimacing and constantly working at his lower back witb his hand.

But hey, Team Canada and US officially qualified for the next round so :toot:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So they're not streaming the Scotland-Norway game at all?

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Sixten Totzek is a rad as hell name.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
What are we looking at for qualifiers tonight? Or have to wait on the US to know matchups?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Canada/Scotland in the 4/5 tonight, U.S./Switzerland in the 3/6 tomorrow morning.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

drat, Scotland was just on it tonight.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Yeah Scotland was excellent. Sad to see my boy Brendan going home.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Covid in the bubble :ohdear:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Well, poo poo.

https://twitter.com/worldcurling/status/1380737926078816256?s=19

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Qwijib0 posted:

Covid in the bubble :ohdear:

Where'd you hear that from? I'm not seeing anything on the cbc site.

Scotland played an amazing game last night, they deserved to win. I thought Canada played really well though. I am proud of their effort :unsmith:

E: well poo poo

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

drat, heartbreaking loss for Scotland. They played super well all week, and one bad shot fucks ya.

Good tournament!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/1Eq4ST8.mp4

Crazy

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I kinda didn't care about the pintys events at all. I'm back for the women's worlds though.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
im just here for the curling and WCF has it on youtube streaming

first couple games for team kim going very not well :(

not-Russia pulling off some cool poo poo tho https://twitter.com/TSNCurling/status/1388480731370999809

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The NBCSN production values are just so bad compared to TSN

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At a cost. Half the announcers caught the rona and now we don’t get any games till Tuesday.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Also if anyone else is wondering, there's no broadcast coverage through Tuesday since the COVID positivity was tv crews, not teams.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

At a cost. Half the announcers caught the rona and now we don’t get any games till Tuesday.

Should have just left it to just TSN in the arena and everyone else remote announces. Curling is pretty much the easiest sport to do that with too since you have the house cams.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/CurlingCanada/status/1388995317543038976

It looks like Einarsson has to run the table to finish 6th at this point.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Team USA might just get the comeback here

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Resurrecting this thread to see what people thought of the Canada trials

Also news out of the bottcher camp, they cut Darren moulding and lied it was for personal reasons which moulding is mad about, then he spoke to Sportsnet and said bottcher is actually a bit of a dick and his attitude got worse when they brought in the new coach. Sad to see a break up like that, I think everyone liked that team but they blew it at the trials and I'm sure that didn't help any fractures

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Happy with Jones and Gushue going to the Olympics. Gushue is the Canada curling darling. Jones has the shot to cement best of all time status.

And yeah that's a poo poo move on botchers part to say moulding was stepping away for personal reasons when really they cut him. Maybe if muskowy is still out for Saskatchewan moulding can slide into that team for the Brier and get some revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It sucks that my curling dad and uncle are on the outs, they really were my favorite pair in the sport :smith:

(I guess I'm just going to fall back to Matt Hamilton and Shoostie now?)