Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Last Celebration posted:

Zoro tanking a combined attack from two emperors because I guess that’s the level of abuse post-skip Zoro can tank now, and more action along with the fight starting to turn.

I don't think he tanked it, but managed to stop the attack for just long enough for Law to teleport him away with his DF, since there was a panel of Law doing the fingerpose for "Room", and Zoro ended up next to him on the ground. Also, Zoro would have been loving dead had Law not pulled them out.

Warden fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I absolutely love how everyone used the moment Zoro bought them to run away from the big super attack, but Luffy used that moment to fuckin jump on Kaido's face and try to continue the beat down. Luffy rules.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
one piece loving owns

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This chapter was so good that it made me wanna cry

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

gnome7 posted:

I absolutely love how everyone used the moment Zoro bought them to run away from the big super attack, but Luffy used that moment to fuckin jump on Kaido's face and try to continue the beat down. Luffy rules.

Hmm, yes, Luffy rules.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Law needs to deliver that package to Nami asap.

e: Also love the part where Luffy taunts Kaido for dodging

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 2, 2021

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zoro actually opening his mouth and letting the sword fall to make sure his message got across was surprising

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This battle really does feel like an RPG final boss with all the supernovas playing different classes

rannum posted:

Zoro actually opening his mouth and letting the sword fall to make sure his message got across was surprising
Zoro usually talks while holding a sword in his mouth by using his heart, but his heart was too busy to talk right now

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I don't watch the anime, but christ the whole three sword thing must be a pain to animate. It's so terribly impractical, I love Oda for making it the 2nd crewmbember's gimmick and sticking with it all these years.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Iirc he just made Zoro a three sword guy cause he couldn’t think of a non-generic sword guy thing, and while Zoro himself is far from generic his one move that’s not just “sick anime pose with swords” is one of his no sword techniques (dragon twister) so umm I guess he was right?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Luffy looks like he's been having a blast more than any other fight I can remember. The guy's really living his dream. Law is still a bro. I really thought Zoro was going to be out of commission after that block, so it was kind of hilarious that he was immediately included in the next attack. By the end of the fight, Killer and Kid are going to be propping up Zoro to tank hits like Scott Sterling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY2nVQNlUB8&t=105s

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm not sure how well Luffy will be holding up after tanking a spiked club to the face from Kaido in hybrid form; it didn't look like he was able to defend himself at all.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm not sure how well Luffy will be holding up after tanking a spiked club to the face from Kaido in hybrid form; it didn't look like he was able to defend himself at all.
I think he blocked it with his black hands.

Unless you mean at the end, and yeah who knows.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

RING OUT :frogout:

If they manage to keep Kaido and all of Big Mom's homies distracted long enough, she's screwed. Unless Perospero or someone else suddenly shows up.

Jose posted:

one piece loving owns

dude wtf spoiler tags

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like it can't be, but is that the first color spread with Jimbe?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

DizzyBum posted:

RING OUT :frogout:

If they manage to keep Kaido and all of Big Mom's homies distracted long enough, she's screwed. Unless Perospero or someone else suddenly shows up.

I could see this being the moment where the rest of the Big Mom crew finally make it back up the waterfall a third time since everyone else is distracted. So they might be down there to catch her or pull her from the water

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Color spread solidifies Tama as the most OP character in all of One Piece. Girl managed to run off with the straw hat while wearing straw shoes. A true flex.

Sub Harrison posted:

Law needs to deliver that package to Nami asap.

e: Also love the part where Luffy taunts Kaido for dodging

I like that Kaido knows enough to take poo poo seriously and dodge, while Big Mom refusing to do so made her fall down and go boom. Always listen to Piccolo and dodge, kids.

Havoc904 posted:

I could see this being the moment where the rest of the Big Mom crew finally make it back up the waterfall a third time since everyone else is distracted. So they might be down there to catch her or pull her from the water

A falling Big Mom knocking them right back down the waterfall they just climbed back up would be amazing.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

gnome7 posted:

That loving grin

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Hoooooly loving shiiiiit that was so intense. :suspense: :tviv: :dogcited: :f5:

I love how even Zoro was like, "this is completely insane!" Also, it was loving awesome to see the ultra-Haki we saw with Roger vs Whitebeard now being used against Luffy as he's tested on their level. The Yonkou are not loving around, this is the real deal life-or-death big leagues poo poo.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 3, 2021

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I've seriously re-read this chapter like 10 times already. What an incredible moment!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ya know, this arc is called 'the four emperors saga'. Wonder when Shanks will show up, or Blackbeard. Or, if we're going to find out after this is all done that Shanks is holding Blackbeard from interfering with this fight. Especially if he defeats and/or kills Shanks sure would set up the next arc wonderfully.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The World Inferno posted:

Ya know, this arc is called 'the four emperors saga'. Wonder when Shanks will show up, or Blackbeard. Or, if we're going to find out after this is all done that Shanks is holding Blackbeard from interfering with this fight. Especially if he defeats and/or kills Shanks sure would set up the next arc wonderfully.

there is 0 chance shanks dies before luffy can meet up with him. like i think he will lose their encounter but he still needs to meet luffy, probably after he becomes the pirate king

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jose posted:

there is 0 chance shanks dies before luffy can meet up with him. like i think he will lose their encounter but he still needs to meet luffy, probably after he becomes the pirate king

i dont think luffy needs to meet shanks, he just needs to pass the hat on, and he can pass the hat on to the person that inherits shanks' will.

that said i think usopp needs to meet his dad so it'll probably happen

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I doubt that big mom actually lands in the water, but she's certainly out of commission. It's one piece so a fall from 5000 ft. won't kill her but she's not jumping back into this battle without getting bailed out by King or someone else.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shanks meets up with Luffy before the last push to Raftel and they have a huge party but then Teach shows up and kills Shanks before zehahaha-ing his way to One Piece.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Raspberry Bang posted:

Sure, Kaido’s hybrid form is neat but I’m waiting for his awakened form when he turns into Godzilla.

With cutie pie eyes! :biglips:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

JahRoo posted:

I doubt that big mom actually lands in the water, but she's certainly out of commission. It's one piece so a fall from 5000 ft. won't kill her but she's not jumping back into this battle without getting bailed out by King or someone else.

She's gonna bonk her head again

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
This isn't Game of Thrones, Shanks and Luffy are going to meet up again and talk about the hat. They'll probably have a huge party, think about fighting it out, and decide they're a poor matchup. Luffy doesn't fight swordsmen, Shanks couldn't brawl at Luffy's level if he wanted to, and they're probably equal at haki.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

kaido will stop as hes about to kill luffy, notice big mom is falling and swoop in to save her. finally with the love of his life in his arms, kaido realizes his mistakes and flies off into the night with his new wife, leaving wano and piracy behind forever to live a quiet but romantic life

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Minion of Freya posted:

This isn't Game of Thrones, Shanks and Luffy are going to meet up again and talk about the hat. They'll probably have a huge party, think about fighting it out, and decide they're a poor matchup. Luffy doesn't fight swordsmen, Shanks couldn't brawl at Luffy's level if he wanted to, and they're probably equal at haki.

They're going to have a Davy Back Fight where Usopp beats Yasopp in a shooting contest.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The youtube guy Totally Not Mark had a really good theory that Shanks will teach Luffy lvl2 of conqueror's haki, just like Hyou and Katakuri taught him armament and observation lvl2. I think Shanks will appear just before Luffy makes his journey to Raftel.

But before that, I'm content to focus on how the gently caress Luffy takes out both Kaido and Big Mom.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I am tired and posted that in the wrong place.

Fat_Cow fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 3, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fat_Cow posted:

I wonder how she feels.

Wrong thread?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I really felt like the perspectives in this chapter brought the fight and characters to life, it almost felt presented in 3D - to me it elevated the grandeur of the arc to another level entirely.

I think I reread it 4-5 times, just today. This is truly peak One Piece in so many ways! Each individual panel highlighted different characters’ idiosyncrasies perfectly, all the while maintaining a pitched and hectic battle and still moving the overall story closer to the ultimate climax . Its truly amazing that Oda is still writing/drawing/planning and improving in those aspects with each subsequent chapter, without letting the story come close to stagnating.

We’re very, very lucky to be able to enjoy this level of One Piece.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also I'm not sure if it's because of all the explosions, but the art style and inking seems much more intense and different than usual, almost like Street Fighter IV with the heavy use of black and ink smears. And it's awesome. :iia:

E: Kaido's hybrid form kind of reminds me of Dabura, he's definitely got a Satan or devil thing going on with his appearance.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 3, 2021

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Big Mom and Kaido doing a team attack is one of the scariest things I've seen in this series.

Conversely, the Red Scabbards slicing off Orochi's heads is one of the most satisfying.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Big Mom and Kaido doing a team attack is one of the scariest things I've seen in this series.
I thought only the heroes were supposed to get Double Tech and Triple Tech! (It was awesome and I love team-up attacks)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The World Inferno posted:

Since Luffy is currently the official unofficial 5th Emperor, if one of the other 4 gets kicked out of the club it's still the 4 Emperor Saga.

Lord_Magmar posted:

They're going to have a Davy Back Fight where Usopp beats Yasopp in a shooting contest.

I would love a Davey Back fight where Luffy and Shanks are taking things instead of crew from each other with each win. I get all your meat! Well I get all your booze! Now I'm taking that super cool looking piece of armor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, from what we know Shanks doesn’t really seem like a bad guy compared to the other emperors (unless he has some dark secret nobody knows about) so I imagine the encounter will be a bit more light than usual.

What territory does Shanks control anyway?