Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Okami was one of the few games where the ending made me cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Acerbatus posted:

I still have no idea why people are making such a big deal out of this, I just said I didn't like it!

That said, if people are going to bitch at me for misgendering someone I didn't know the gender of, I'm also not a dude.

I apologise for misgendering you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acerbatus posted:

I'm also not a dude.

Sorry, my bad

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Woke up and read Rarity's posts about the end of MGS4 and drat that game is awesome. Wish I could play through it again but my PS3 isn't easily accessible right now.

Thanks for bringing back my memories of the end of that game Rarity! The Snake Ocelot fight is just too good :D

I stayed up until 1am playing MHR and I just want to start playing again, it's so good...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No worries.

Also, to be completely clear

Rarity posted:

I doubt I'll be posting as often (so that one dude can chill tf out) but I always livepost through my video games :hai:

I really don't mind people liveposting playing games, I just don't like double posting because when I started posting on SA it was probatable and I got used to that. :shrug:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never played Okami either. It's wolf Zelda but without Twilight Princess' bullshit I think? Never really caught my interest but the screenshots are pretty.

Speaking of old games that have been released a dozen times, how is The Legend of Kay? That's another that looks pretty but I never touched.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
okami is beautiful and i think i would really like it but the text scrolls so slowly, it's like chilled molasses

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Live posting is cool when there isn't a million big screenshots in every post.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Acerbatus posted:

I really don't mind people liveposting playing games, I just don't like double posting because when I started posting on SA it was probatable and I got used to that. :shrug:

The ship has sailed my friend, this is NuSA now!

stev posted:

Live posting is cool when there isn't a million big screenshots in every post.

If you're going to put that much effort into it you may as well just start a lets play thread

But if you're not posting screenshots then yeah who cares

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Double posting is cool

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
and good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

that being said yes it is very long and kinda slow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Double posting is cool

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Acerbatus posted:

I'm also not a dude.

my bad, 'dude' isn't a gendered term in my neck of the woods, and i didn't intend that post to read as hostile as it did

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i just want okamiden to get a port to switch or something because the idea of okami but you're a puppy rules... but the limitations of original DS probably didn't do it justice.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I think I have like 4 different versions of Okami at this point, the latest being the Switch version. It is just too slow for me I think, can't get into them, but always wanted to on account of the art style.

Finished Prey today, and that is a really solid game. But the more I think about the ending the less it makes sense. SPOILER FOR THE ENDING OF PREY: https://youtu.be/Jr9Kaa1sycs?t=146

Briefly started playing The Evil Withing, since i heard they had fixed the PC version, but it ran like garbage for me in the 60fps vsync option (the other option was 30fps). Managed to play trough the first act and not really liking what I saw. Looked up the completion time and when I saw it was 15hrs + I deleted it.

Wondering what I should play next. Bayonetta maybe?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okamiden was bad and is better off forgotten

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Play the gamecube strategy pinball game odama imo

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Finished Prey today, and that is a really solid game. But the more I think about the ending the less it makes sense. SPOILER FOR THE ENDING OF PREY: https://youtu.be/Jr9Kaa1sycs?t=146

lol.

The last quarter of the game felt more than a little bit "oops we're out of money" but I didn't mind the switcheroo.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okami is cool but it's got the exact same Zelda problem where every puzzle is pre-solved for you so every time you enter a room and find a new puzzle type Issuun tells you exactly how to solve it and what abilities to use when and you never get to really go all-out and get creative with your abilities

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i will double post till the day i die

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whole lotta people transparently trying to fill in the justified double post square on their bingo card :thunkher:

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Somehow got one shot by Magnamalo (along with someone else) causing the random team I was hunting with to fail the quest. Feel a bit bad about it :(

Maybe should try partying up with some goons next time :D

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

It's a really nice day today though so maybe I should stop playing games for a bit and go outside for once

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bovis posted:

Somehow got one shot by Magnamalo (along with someone else) causing the random team I was hunting with to fail the quest. Feel a bit bad about it :(

Maybe should try partying up with some goons next time :D

When you are covered in purple energy you are blighted and need to purge it with deodorant or a hunting horn song before malo triggers you to blow up.

Its the first quest in the game that required a build tweak for me to do with pubbies. Had to gear towards keeping random stupids alive

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

Whole lotta people transparently trying to fill in the justified double post square on their bingo card :thunkher:

Just lol if you don't already have a line filled.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

When you are covered in purple energy you are blighted and need to purge it with deodorant or a hunting horn song before malo triggers you to blow up.

Ah didn't realise deodorant would cure it! I've fought Mag a few times before and they all went fairly smoothly (except for carting two times in my first solo fight) so it was a bit out of the blue. Thanks for the advice!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its not a problem solo. Its a problem with clueless pubbies

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Doesn't wirebugging get rid of the purple too? Or is that only on low rank?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Walla posted:

Just lol if you don't already have a line filled.

Some of us are halfway done already :smug: I just need to post a pet to get my second line. Like for example if I included a gif of everyone's favourite pet dinosaur here

Just like that see

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Some of us are halfway done already :smug: I just need to post a pet to get my second line. Like for example if I included a gif of everyone's favourite pet dinosaur here

Just like that see

yoshi's not a pet, this is a blatant bingo foul and i will see you in bingo court

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Looper posted:

yoshi's not a pet, this is a blatant bingo foul and i will see you in bingo court

They call him such in the movie

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
p5 strikers is cool but I am really feeling the lack of akechi and kasumi.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Okami for the Wii had the issue with one of the weapon types where it distinguished between mashing the attack button and holding it. The problem was that the attack "button" was waggling the wiimote. How the heck you're supposed to distinguish a mashed waggle from a held waggle, I'll never know

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Okami for the Wii had the issue with one of the weapon types where it distinguished between mashing the attack button and holding it. The problem was that the attack "button" was waggling the wiimote. How the heck you're supposed to distinguish a mashed waggle from a held waggle, I'll never know

You had to hold it vertically to charge it. It sucked!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

lol I had that on page one

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I think I have like 4 different versions of Okami at this point, the latest being the Switch version. It is just too slow for me I think, can't get into them, but always wanted to on account of the art style.

Okay well now I’m interested in playing Prey

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLrJTBO6IdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yoshi is an animal, eating yoshis is not only acceptable but encouraged.