Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

You know, you could take off his mask, put it back and just not tell the Kingpin that you did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alhazred posted:

You know, you could take off his mask, put it back and just not tell the Kingpin that you did it.

He's fought Spidey before, he would notice if the pocket of air was missing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ha ha, this superhero with super strength can't possibly bend these metal bars!

Though maybe they're made of adamantium but I don't even know if they were going for any continuity with Marvel stuff at this point in the strip (since even late into the strip's run long time Marvel characters were introduced as having never been seen before).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Who could see this coming?

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
Spider-Man's visibly in some form of distress as the cage is being shrouded in smoke and disappearing, and the audience's only reaction is "Oh wow, what an exit!" :allears:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Who could see this coming?

Darn, half the lights in my office broke again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Why would you think, after being brought here at gunpoint by my order, that I'M the bad guy? :mad:"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he just has to tell her that he isn't a bad guy and she instantly forgets all their past interactions. i suspect she was bitten by a radioactive daytime tv talk show host.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

I initially saw the set of lights as a speech bubble, and saw it as Spidey being all "Oooooo! You tricked me!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ah, his Samurai Room.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wait is this the airpocket one????

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon posted:

Wait is this the airpocket one????
I have tried not to read ahead but it may be. It's definitely one I've seen before.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Is this entire complicated plot just because Kingpin wanted a sparring partner who can stand up to him?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Ah so the bars were electrified, that's why he can't bend them. It's a good thing Spider-Man has nothing he could use to latch onto a bar and pull it out with his super strength, then.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ok but the floor isn't electrified (somehow). He can just punch that to get out. Given they could raise and lower that thing no problem it probably isn't super thick.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He is, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would he try to escape? he has to wait for them to come back with his $1000.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"...my guest being being forced to stay under threat of violence."

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Secret gym.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"oh, i'm a guest? that's okay then."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So everyone in that room thinks Kingpin is about to do something sexually depraved, right? Like "oh don't mind me I'm just carrying this unconscious costumed man into my secret private workout chamber don't read anything into it."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lobok posted:

So everyone in that room thinks Kingpin is about to do something sexually depraved, right? Like "oh don't mind me I'm just carrying this unconscious costumed man into my secret private workout chamber don't read anything into it."
This must have been rerun in 2017 because I made this then (spoilered because it's all panels from later this week).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Amazing, haha

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Spiderman VS a TV Psychologist was the first storyline that came up when I started posting 1999 NSM in the main comics thread(time is a flat circle), so maybe you made the edit then?

If only there were surfaces of the cage that weren't electrified. If only.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Johnny Walker posted:

"...my guest being being forced to stay under threat of violence."

He's gonna dress Spidey in one of those dumb fakey samurai uniforms and beat him up isn't he?

"No, you must defeat me as Generic Samurai!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch posted:

Spiderman VS a TV Psychologist was the first storyline that came up when I started posting 1999 NSM in the main comics thread(time is a flat circle), so maybe you made the edit then?
Could be! Man, I hope we aren't already getting into stuff most of us have seen already.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lobok posted:

:perfect:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Sir why are we rubbin lard on the walls of your training room?

Never you mind gentlemen, you'll be handsomely rewarded!

This place is gonna stink.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

He was willing to pay the "samurai" $1000 to fight him, he should just have extended the same offer to Spider-Man

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Qwertycoatl posted:

He was willing to pay the "samurai" $1000 to fight him, he should just have extended the same offer to Spider-Man

:aaaaa:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Qwertycoatl posted:

This thread is actually one big Choose Your Own Adventure and the concurrent storylines we're following both end on the same page.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

oh my

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I love that $1000 is considered a high sum of money both in 1979 and 1999, twenty years later.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Saoshyant posted:

I love that $1000 is considered a high sum of money both in 1979 and 1999, twenty years later.

It's almost like wages have stagnated despite rising cost of living!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Spider-Sense, throbbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Qwertycoatl posted:

I was going to go back to edit this to be 1999 timeline-specific but then I realized I didn't have to.