Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I'm not sure what you're selling, but I'm sold! Do I have to buy the tin foil hat from a licensed vendor or can I DIY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Ariong posted:

It's a curved line that ends up near where it starts, similar to horseshoe theory.

:golfclap:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ariong posted:

It's a curved line that ends up near where it starts, similar to horseshoe theory.

Horscock theory?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Karia posted:

I'm not sure what you're selling, but I'm sold! Do I have to buy the tin foil hat from a licensed vendor or can I DIY?
You have to DIY from the foil wrapper of Toblerones. It's the only foil you can get pre charged with triangular energy.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Men will literally create a politics triangle instead of go to therapy.png

Reads further...

Men will literally create a politics triangle instead of go to therapy for being a psychopath.png

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

Also what loving kind of spectrum goes "currency focused, justice, friendship, freedom, investment, property focused"

Like show me the loving line that goes between those things.

I'm pretty confident that "currency focus" is a smartypants libertarian good boy way of saying "redistributive focus" because currency is the tool of redistribution (by government fiat!), hence also the polar opposite of focusing on property rights

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Karia posted:

Selling purestrain gold, friend. The purest.

I think it was supposed to be like, left over from the Big Bang rather than less pure gold? I don't even remember. TobleroneTriangular was a genius.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

All this makes me think is "Life, liberty, happiness: pick two"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Horscock theory?

More like poppycock theory.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ariong posted:

All value is stored in the balls.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

vyelkin posted:

I want fiat money and equality, please

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

I'd say it looks pretty typical for a person with an ongoing psychosis problem, or bipolar and having a manic episode.

One wonder of the Internet was that suddenly mentally ill people were able to communicate with the outside world. The wonder of social media is that they can now go viral and reach 10 000 readers in minutes.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I'd say it looks pretty typical for a person with an ongoing psychosis problem, or bipolar and having a manic episode.

One wonder of the Internet was that suddenly mentally ill people were able to communicate with the outside world. The wonder of social media is that they can now go viral and reach 10 000 readers in minutes.

Don't forget that people with similar psychoses can find each other and tell each other that their delusions are real.

That's a fun one.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I find it fascinating that the graphs or signs psychotic make are always crammed with “information”. You rarely see something simple like a map of UFO incidents versus 5g towers or whatever. It’s always got lines from one concept to another, geometric shapes, and way too many words. It’s never just the Illuminati are controlling the world, but that the Illuminati are working with the lizard people to create ghosts to try and scare Jews who want to kill the FBI because in 1950 the Russians secretly developed psi powers and being telekinetic means you can’t move through time.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Domus posted:

I find it fascinating that the graphs or signs psychotic make are always crammed with “information”. You rarely see something simple like a map of UFO incidents versus 5g towers or whatever. It’s always got lines from one concept to another, geometric shapes, and way too many words. It’s never just the Illuminati are controlling the world, but that the Illuminati are working with the lizard people to create ghosts to try and scare Jews who want to kill the FBI because in 1950 the Russians secretly developed psi powers and being telekinetic means you can’t move through time.

When I'm on manic conspiracy phases, I tend to want to explain everything at once. Just one thing at a time leaves open questions!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Post poste posted:

When I'm on manic conspiracy phases, I tend to want to explain everything at once. Just one thing at a time leaves open questions!

any time I swing manic I try to avoid posting or talking much because I know I do this to excess and even goons think it's lame as hell

of course because I'm manic I :justpost: anyway

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

ikanreed posted:

Don't forget that people with similar psychoses can find each other and tell each other that their delusions are real.

That's a fun one.
GANGSTALKING IS REAL OK?!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
New alignment chart dropped.

https://berthub.eu/articles/posts/vitamin-d-the-new-covid-19-chloroquine/

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Didn't they try this for years with vitamin c and even got a nobel laureate to spend his last years macro dosing it in increasingly bad health?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

ikanreed posted:

Didn't they try this for years with vitamin c and even got a nobel laureate to spend his last years macro dosing it in increasingly bad health?

Linus Pauling, yeah. One of four people who have been awarded multiple Nobels. (Chemistry and Peace.)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

vyelkin posted:

Wait, you got two?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Splicer posted:

Wait, you got two?

Seriously. Reminds me of this tweet I saw recently:

https://twitter.com/samlymatters/status/1377297171784040450

It's like, I live in Massachusetts. I don't even have one!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"pick none" is a pretty apt description of the UK too.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Iowa also fails two.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Not many US states are going to pass the bottom left one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

Seriously. Reminds me of this tweet I saw recently:

https://twitter.com/samlymatters/status/1377297171784040450

It's like, I live in Massachusetts. I don't even have one!

I got Moonbeam.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The thread sub-title is "This is a useful way to look at data". Can someone link to the post/graph that prompted this? I don't have the search function myself and I haven't been able to find it by browsing. I remember it being an especially good/stupid one, want to show my gf.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

PYF awful/funny graphs and charts: This is a useful way to look at data

The tweet I believe it refers to has been deleted.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Count Roland posted:

The thread sub-title is "This is a useful way to look at data". Can someone link to the post/graph that prompted this? I don't have the search function myself and I haven't been able to find it by browsing. I remember it being an especially good/stupid one, want to show my gf.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Daylight savings putting everyone back an hour makes the temperature chart interesting.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/jfruh/status/1379463162844438530

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"Wait, wait, wait - so we put this graph in the statement we send out, and bing-bang-boom! More investors! Thank you, I'll be here all week, you've been a great crowd,, don't forget to tip your interns!"

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Ariong posted:

What the gently caress? I'd better go to the site linked for more information.

Are these... patch notes??? Uhhm. Maybe I should read the FAQ.

O_o
My "I am not a psychopath" FAQ has people frequently asking a lot of questions already answered by my FAQ.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I mean ... depending on what you're charting, inverting the Y-axis isn't totally nuts. Like, when 0 = good, and higher numbers = bad, or you're charting some kind of % loss or whatever, inverting it can make an intuitive sense to your audience.

Usually not best practice, and it's easier to lie this way if that's your intention, but when you're a doofus in a conference room with other doofuses and scratching something out on a flipboard, whatever.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Have some awesome data compression from outlying statistics from a lovely Bloomberg article.

And the useful nugget at the end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

COVID-19: the safer choice for children overall?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Captain Hygiene posted:

COVID-19: the safer choice for children overall?

I mean, there's definitely evidence that following COVID restrictions absent COVID forever would lower overall mortality, yeah.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

What's the issue with those charts? I don't like how the 2020 data is incomplete but is still used for a comparison. Doesn't seem that bad though.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's an interesting point about indexing in there but I'm not sure what it is.