Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
god why are foot fetishes so weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ReAYdCqjg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Got all of the SHF Lukes. They’re definitely awesome figures.

But mostly I got the two sequel figures so I could kitbash my own headcanon Grandmaster Luke.

Seriously, that Hamill sculpt is fantastic.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Figuarts Crait Luke really is fantastic. I’ve had mine displayed for about a year now, and I usually rotate stuff off shelves after a couple months.

I’d love to get the ANH Luke but he’s out of my budget for now. Really regret not buying him when he was new.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Figuarts Crait Luke really is fantastic. I’ve had mine displayed for about a year now, and I usually rotate stuff off shelves after a couple months.

I’d love to get the ANH Luke but he’s out of my budget for now. Really regret not buying him when he was new.

Keep your eye on eBay. I got one for retail, mint in box, off someone last week. I always set alerts for new items on stuff I'm searching for.

But yeah, I'm stunned by how good the Ach To Hamill likeness is, and almost equally shocked at how...interesting...the Crait likeness is. The digital painting might not have been the best choice for his beard on that one.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My Hasbro Pulse Royal Cobra Commander shipped, but oddly it was saying it shipped ( with a link ) USPS, yet the actual tracking number is for FedEx. I know it's likely Smart Ship, but still the number doesn't even work for USPS at all.

Also finally did the math and figured out that I have spent enough time searching for the Master Ninja Super Shredder that it's effectively 'cost' over $160 of my time according to what work evaluates my time to be worth. My Wife had told me to do this math and I realized that paying $60 for a $30 figure is really not that big of a deal. I even found someone selling for $50 shipped, which is a bit ridiculous to me, it likely ended up being a profit of ~$7 for the guy.

If only I was a fan of Predator/Gremlins, I would be able to walk out with all of the figures I could want from Target/Wal-Mart.

:sigh:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

When I finally get to go to Japan, I'm taking an empty suitcase for all the weird plastic crap I'm going to buy.

I have gotten the system down of taking 2 large suitcases- one with my clothes etc and another is full of gifts for friends that gets emptied out while I'm there and then gets filled up with all the stuff I buy. Totally worth it. Also the coins you inevitably end up with you can spend on gachapon in the airport.

Speaking of Japan... the Dokuro Tarou soft vinyl I pre-ordered in November finally showed up! This is the main hero character in the imaginary series by my favorite Showa-era style toy maker, Elegab! I've been collecting his kaiju for years and it's great to finally see the main character realized in standard size! :unsmith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Drowning Rabbit posted:

My Hasbro Pulse Royal Cobra Commander shipped, but oddly it was saying it shipped ( with a link ) USPS, yet the actual tracking number is for FedEx. I know it's likely Smart Ship, but still the number doesn't even work for USPS at all.

Also finally did the math and figured out that I have spent enough time searching for the Master Ninja Super Shredder that it's effectively 'cost' over $160 of my time according to what work evaluates my time to be worth. My Wife had told me to do this math and I realized that paying $60 for a $30 figure is really not that big of a deal. I even found someone selling for $50 shipped, which is a bit ridiculous to me, it likely ended up being a profit of ~$7 for the guy.

If only I was a fan of Predator/Gremlins, I would be able to walk out with all of the figures I could want from Target/Wal-Mart.

:sigh:

Well thanks for this. I tried my tracking number on FedEx and it worked. Only problem is it says it was delivered yesterday morning and I was home all day, nothings on my porch. Now I have to figure that out.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kingtheninja posted:

Well thanks for this. I tried my tracking number on FedEx and it worked. Only problem is it says it was delivered yesterday morning and I was home all day, nothings on my porch. Now I have to figure that out.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Mine did work in FedEx, expected Smart Post, but it was actually just FedEx. Didn't expect it to show up on my porch today:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The Marvel Legends Eternals and Shang-Chi movie figure waves have leaked, before HasbroPulse's fan event next Friday, the 9th. I don't see any of them being big sellers at retail, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

I am so psyched for G.I. Joe Classified reveals!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Sorry to hear that. :(

Mine did work in FedEx, expected Smart Post, but it was actually just FedEx. Didn't expect it to show up on my porch today:

Is the cape wired or just cloth?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am so loving stupid. I don't know why I was so obsessed with buying MISB Classics figures and ripping them open. Yeah I got deals on some but I just realized I could have flipped a few of them for solid cash and bought loose ones. UGH. DUMB.

Anyways, moving on to trusted sellers with 100% complete listings, just bought Snout Spout, Rokkon, Stonedar, Mighty Spector, Sir Laser Lot and Sssqueeze for less than what a Slime Pit He-Man costs. If I keep buying loose completes I can effectively double the number of figures I buy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dale-Taco posted:

Hasbro never wires their capes, sadly.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I am so loving stupid. I don't know why I was so obsessed with buying MISB Classics figures and ripping them open.

Its about the thrill. Much like tossing car batteries into the ocean its perfectly legal.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fuzz posted:

Dale-Taco posted:

Hasbro never wires their capes, sadly.

Fuzz is unfortunately very correct here.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

I am so loving stupid. I don't know why I was so obsessed with buying MISB Classics figures and ripping them open. Yeah I got deals on some but I just realized I could have flipped a few of them for solid cash and bought loose ones. UGH. DUMB.

Anyways, moving on to trusted sellers with 100% complete listings, just bought Snout Spout, Rokkon, Stonedar, Mighty Spector, Sir Laser Lot and Sssqueeze for less than what a Slime Pit He-Man costs. If I keep buying loose completes I can effectively double the number of figures I buy.

Bet it was fun as hell though. I unpacked a bunch of MISB World of Springfield figures a few years ago for storage and it was something.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm perfectly content with my OG classified commander, but drat if this doesn't make me feel like I missed out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cloks posted:

Bet it was fun as hell though. I unpacked a bunch of MISB World of Springfield figures a few years ago for storage and it was something.

I had a dude tell me I didn't deserve the Battle Armor Faker I opened and implied I deserved an rear end kicking over it.

So I then opened a MISB Panthor. $750ish worth of toys ripped open and that dude was probably tweaking out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
MIB collectors are weirdos and should rightfully be trolled. The only toys worth keeping MIB are truly vintage stuff, and even then it’s mostly a matter of aesthetics. Most MOC Kenner Star Wars stuff can be had for like ~$75-150, which is relatively nothing.

The only modern toys I have displayed MIB are either signed by actors or weird limited stuff like a George Lucas Stormtrooper or a Ralph McQuarrie Hoth general.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you keep it in the box you don't own the figure, you just own a box.

Some dude proved this with a cat.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I think we forget this as collectors because MIB is such a big deal to a lot of people, but part of what you pay for there is the security of knowing the figure is in fact complete and undamaged. Barring some manufacturing error, I guess. (butt crack! :argh:)

I spent a long time looking for one of those Classics Bubble Power She-Ras and the loose ones were really suspect a lot of the time. I saw chipped paint, parts broken and glued, a lot of serious rips to her skirt from being posed straddling Swift Wind. One son-of-a-bitch even put up a regular She-Ra with the Bubble Power accessories, meaning it was NOT the improved body which is the main selling point of the figure; they basically combined parts to make the She-Ra they wanted and sold all the leftovers. It makes sense to do that, but trying to sell it AS the improved figure was shady as gently caress, and they didn't even lower the price. I kept looking at the loose figures and even bid on a couple, but they usually sold for MIB prices anyway. When I finally bought one, I bought it MIB.

I understand buying loose if and only if you know for sure that figure is complete and mint, and given it actually does save you a lot of money. I don't think it's crazy to buy and open carded ones if the price difference isn't huge.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I keep my black series in a box mostly cause it just looks nicer to me. And less to dust haha

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

I keep my black series in a box mostly cause it just looks nicer to me. And less to dust haha

Dusting is for suckers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I think we forget this as collectors because MIB is such a big deal to a lot of people, but part of what you pay for there is the security of knowing the figure is in fact complete and undamaged. Barring some manufacturing error, I guess. (butt crack! :argh:)

I spent a long time looking for one of those Classics Bubble Power She-Ras and the loose ones were really suspect a lot of the time. I saw chipped paint, parts broken and glued, a lot of serious rips to her skirt from being posed straddling Swift Wind. One son-of-a-bitch even put up a regular She-Ra with the Bubble Power accessories, meaning it was NOT the improved body which is the main selling point of the figure; they basically combined parts to make the She-Ra they wanted and sold all the leftovers. It makes sense to do that, but trying to sell it AS the improved figure was shady as gently caress, and they didn't even lower the price. I kept looking at the loose figures and even bid
on a couple, but they usually sold for MIB prices anyway. When I finally bought one, I bought it MIB.

I understand buying loose if and only if you know for sure that figure is complete and mint, and given it actually does save you a lot of money. I don't think it's crazy to buy and open carded ones if the price difference isn't huge.

With Classics the price difference can be massive. A few as much as $100. The ebay seller I bought the new batch from has thousands of positive feedbacks so I feel good about this batch. Buying loose is going to let me finish this collection by the end of 2021.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Dusting is for suckers

I'm extremely excited to get my new display case from Wayfair this month solely so I don't have to see dust collect on all my figures. When I used to be able to have friends inside they'd comment on the dust, with one buying me a delicate paintbrush to help.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I keep some toys MIB if the packaging is important to what the toy is - namely the Venture Bros Mego and the Black Series figures on vintage Kenner style cards.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man, I remember back in the day when a figures value literally halved when you opened the box. It still catches up with me to this day when I see something loose for sale and I'm like "WAIT A MIN, THAT SHOULD BE CHEAPER". I guess cause it's not played with or stuck up a sibling's butthole or something, but still.

Of course, I'm still pissed that Legends cost $20 now when they used to run like 10, MAYBE 15 bucks WITH A BIGASS ACCESSORY LIKE A BIKE OR SOMETHING.

Basically, :corsair:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was America’s fault because of the gulf war.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A few MOTUC are pricey loose or MISB and the difference is minimal Scare Glow and Fisto for example. But I cross shopped and loose Rokkon and Stonedar was $40 cheaper than the cheapest MISB set. Weirdly a boxed He-man/King Hiss set can be had nearly as cheap as just loose He-Man at the moment.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

That was America’s fault because of the gulf war.

I miss the days of stopping in at Walmart or TRU on my lunch break and getting a complete Legends wave with variants for $70.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whenever we would go on shopping trips over the border as kids my brother always got like 5 Spider-Man figures from the $5 bin at KB.

Back when they were just desperate, with underwater Spider-Man and arctic Spider-Man etc.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The Marvel Legends Eternals and Shang-Chi movie figure waves have leaked, before HasbroPulse's fan event next Friday, the 9th. I don't see any of them being big sellers at retail, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

I am so psyched for G.I. Joe Classified reveals!
I have no idea why they would do a Mr. Hyde BAF. He makes little sense, and even less without a Daisy/Quake in the wave. Here's a link to them on reddit if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Target backordered the Cyclops I pre-ordered for them till mid april. Hope I still get it, but guess I'll need to keep an eye out for it. I got all of the wave except Moira/Professor X. If anyone only ordered one or both of those figures and wants to sell the BAF piece let me know.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fritzler posted:

I have no idea why they would do a Mr. Hyde BAF. He makes little sense, and even less without a Daisy/Quake in the wave. Here's a link to them on reddit if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Mr. Hyde was also in Helmut Zemo's Masters of Evil in the mid-'80s and Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts in the '00s, and both teams have been pretty well-represented in Marvel Legends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mr Hyde existed for like 30 years before Daisy, why does it make no sense for him to exist without her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The BAF doesn’t always have anything to do with the lineup.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Mr. Hyde was also in Helmut Zemo's Masters of Evil in the mid-'80s and Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts in the '00s, and both teams have been pretty well-represented in Marvel Legends.

In fact this Hyde is specifically from Parker’s Thunderbolts where they went back in time and he got a bowler and cane.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can’t find pics of the Eternals MLs?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Mr Hyde existed for like 30 years before Daisy, why does it make no sense for him to exist without her?
I guess, I feel like I haven't read less stories with him than Daisy in my life, and she is much better represented recently. I mainly thought it was weird to include him in a Shang-Chi line, but I know they don't have to relate. Daisy has been much more relevant recently, especially starring on a TV show for years. I would have guessed that a figure of her would appear before one of him.

The_Doctor posted:

I can’t find pics of the Eternals MLs?
Here's a bunch of pics on reddit someone screenshotted.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fritzler posted:

Here's a bunch of pics on reddit someone screenshotted.

Thanks! Those are some boring rear end figures.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Oh man, I just tallied up how many preorders I have for the next few months and I definitely need to cancel some stuff, probably most of the $800 worth of mythic legions on bbts :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Fuzz is unfortunately very correct here.

I assume it's just a price issue, since that's a whole extra level of production needed for the capes, but I feel like knowing Hasbro, there might be some weird safety concern like a wire could come out of the cloth and stab a kid in the eye or something.