Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's got a hell of a good theme song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I went on a little bender and somewhere, I thought here but I'm probably mistaken, I saw a recommendation for the kiwi show Late Night Big Breakfast.

I'm not one to binge on a show, but once I saw the first episode I was absolutley hooked. A smooth blend of mockumentary, dry wit and absurdism, it's a hell of a find and worth the dig. It's a definite pro-click if you like Wellington Paranormal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEB9s2zpq8

e: catching the cast and crew corpsing is probably the best part

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I went on a little bender and somewhere, I thought here but I'm probably mistaken, I saw a recommendation for the kiwi show Late Night Big Breakfast.

I'm not one to binge on a show, but once I saw the first episode I was absolutley hooked. A smooth blend of mockumentary, dry wit and absurdism, it's a hell of a find and worth the dig. It's a definite pro-click if you like Wellington Paranormal.

lol that skit is basically How To Basic (but still looks hilarious)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I would think most Americans would need subtitles to understand the basic dialogue, never mind the actual slang and local references.

for some reason i can understand maaka well enough, but both o'leary and minogue are tough to distinguish. the NZ accent is a bit mumbly to my american ear

Milo and POTUS posted:

How are they poo poo

poo poo at their jobs and the situations they find themselves in, otherwise they seem like lovely people

the vampire from S1 being delighted that his glamour actually worked on them for once kind of nails it

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 25, 2021

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jermaine says he doesn't more time theme song than on the script

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's got a hell of a good theme song

Yeah, it's perfect. I'm assuming that NZ has lots of those cheap to make shows where they just follow cops around on their beat (basically Wellington Paranormal without the paranormal) and the theme song sounds like a cross between the music to any of the Aus versions of those shows and someone's half remembered rendition of the X-Files theme.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Senor Tron posted:

Yeah, it's perfect. I'm assuming that NZ has lots of those cheap to make shows where they just follow cops around on their beat (basically Wellington Paranormal without the paranormal) and the theme song sounds like a cross between the music to any of the Aus versions of those shows and someone's half remembered rendition of the X-Files theme.

yeah it fits well into that genre of spoopy tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv1Eo0Kip4I

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

lol this is pretty good

It's a bit more...completely insane, and it's not Kiwi, but check out Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

How long has this show been around? I feel like I saw a clip of something exactly like this but from like 20 years ago, definitely pre-YouTube, but that seems too long ago to be this same guy.

Barry Foster posted:

It's a bit more...completely insane, and it's not Kiwi, but check out Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun

I've seen a lot of recommendations for this, and I think I only made it three minutes or so into the first episode. I don't even know how to describe it, but it just felt very grating to me, like it was a relic of internet humor from a decade ago.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Recent episode "Ma'am we're sorry to inform you, but your husband's been swallowed by the toilet."

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Chairman Capone posted:

I've seen a lot of recommendations for this, and I think I only made it three minutes or so into the first episode. I don't even know how to describe it, but it just felt very grating to me, like it was a relic of internet humor from a decade ago.

You're not alone, I haaaaate their brand of comedy. Just felt to me like a "that one kid yelling out random poo poo in class for attention" vibe, but from actual grown rear end men

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

*deleted for dog-piling*

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A wee bit of news about season 3. Mostly just that "someone we all know and love" will be returning to the season-long story arc. And the Jackie Daytona episode has inspired them to explore more ways to bring characters to different settings.

They explicitly said the "character we know and love" won't be Kroll. Could be Jenna? Jeffsk?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm hoping it's more Mark Hamill

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I hope it's Sam, the cat familiar.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

it's Sam, the cat familiar.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The most realistic one I think is Rhys Darby.

But second choice is Gregor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Probably Jenna though.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Garrett could have got out of vampire jail after Gizmo killed everyone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gizmo couldn't have turned a baby unless you mean he escaped?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I had beef wellington for dinner last night. Very spooky!

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

I had beef wellington for dinner last night. Very spooky!

I’ve had beef Wellington in Wellington!

The show brings back all sort of bittersweet memories for me.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

freeasinbeer posted:

I’ve had beef Wellington in Wellington!

The show brings back all sort of bittersweet memories for me.

But were you also wearing a pair of Wellingtons at the time?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gizmo couldn't have turned a baby unless you mean he escaped?

Yeah, he probably escaped, with the other prisoner.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fair enough, they had been in that room for 1000 years after all!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilj3P1g8dRU&t=497s

Holy hell, just when I started doing a deep dive into KiviTV a wild Mike Minogue appears on Late Night Big Breakfast!

Consider this a double recommendation.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I figure this thread might help, but does anyone know where to watch the new NZ show Creamerie outside NZ? It's basically Y the Last Man but featuring three Chinese ladies in a cow farm, I found episode 1 which was great and I want more

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 3 has recently wrapped filming.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The CW announced that Wellington Paranormal will start July 11th.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...5/20210429cw01/

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/HARVEYGUILLEN/status/1389013135881871361?s=19

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I figure this thread might help, but does anyone know where to watch the new NZ show Creamerie outside NZ? It's basically Y the Last Man but featuring three Chinese ladies in a cow farm, I found episode 1 which was great and I want more

I can't help you find the episodes, but I've seen them and it's so loving excellent.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thanks for the "recommendation", currently watching episode one.

Not sure if Dailymotion streaming links are still okay but it's available.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
I have binge-watched the first two seasons, thanks to my Spotify subscription somehow also giving me a Hulu sub.

I'm not sad as I must wait for the third season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

aga. posted:

Thanks for the "recommendation", currently watching episode one.

Not sure if Dailymotion streaming links are still okay but it's available.

It's so loving GOOOD.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I don't know if this was already revealed or not, but Anthony Atamanuik was on the most recent episode of Improv4Humans and mentioned at the end that he's going to be back in the third season of WWDITS.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chairman Capone posted:

I don't know if this was already revealed or not, but Anthony Atamanuik was on the most recent episode of Improv4Humans and mentioned at the end that he's going to be back in the third season of WWDITS.

I guess we'll finally find out how his Brain Scramblies is working out for him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean, he's the neighbor.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
You might recognise a familiar face in the thumbnail for this upcoming flick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WzPQNIBJ4

Looks like Harvey is running the risk of getting typecast into supernatural black comedies, but I'm fine with that. :neckbeard:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Looks like Harvey is running the risk of getting typecast into supernatural black comedies, but I'm fine with that. :neckbeard:

Oh loving yes I'll watch anything with Sam Richardson in it that guy is probably the funniest comedic actor working right now

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In other WWDITS appearances, Kayvan Novak is in the Cruella de Vil movie as the guy who creates the Cruella de Vil song.