Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
TFT is great for more than harvest crafting. You can sell challenges, boss carries, organizing rotas, bench services etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I fully intend to keep doing harvest crafting. You can still make some fantastic poo poo with non-influenced items. Jewels, in particular, will still be largely easy to make.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think I’m going to try TR pathfinder and really push it

Unless the patch notes have something juicy for melee

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
TFT is actually going to be even more important in the next patch because all they did is make the good stuff rarer and more specific, which means you need to trade to find what you actually need and to offload your good stuff for exalts.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I really don’t think the people pretending harvest is dead now know what you can do with harvest

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

TFT is actually going to be even more important in the next patch because all they did is make the good stuff rarer and more specific, which means you need to trade to find what you actually need and to offload your good stuff for exalts.

Basic augs may be less common, and depending on their wording augment speed might be extremely rare now. The higher tier crafts are not getting significantly rarer and the base Harvest rate is going up by 60% though so that will even out a lot. Nothing is getting more specific, you just cannot aug influenced items outside of the aug influence which is unchanged.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of crafts used on TFT are add/removes, which are completely gone.

Not that TFT is going to be useless, but it will be used less for sure because the available options are going to be lower.

Harvest will still be powerful, especially for specific things that may as well be impossible to make in any normal way. Cluster Jewels are a great example where you can often aug into very specific mods due to the tiny mod pool. You're not going to find someone buying hundreds of the same craft though, or at least not to the same degree at all. Without the ability to remove you're just so much more limited in the ability to consume crafts.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Vasudus posted:

I fully intend to keep doing harvest crafting. You can still make some fantastic poo poo with non-influenced items. Jewels, in particular, will still be largely easy to make.

I'm not a huge fan of harvest generally, but I do really like that making 3/4 mod jewels is about 1000x easier with it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Also, you won't be able to use Aug {tag} mods on conqueror items anymore.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

I think I’m going to try TR pathfinder and really push it

Same. I'd like to try to do some Transcendence shenanigans with it too, assuming that doesn't get nerfed.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I hope we see some cool looking new skillgems with next league. Last one only had hydrosphere, which isn't exactly a main skill and more of a combo/support skill. Let this be the league for syndicate Haku hammer slam :pray:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to see Replica Oni-Goroshi and it's the same item with the same lines except it's read by Gilbert Gottfried.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

I want to see Replica Oni-Goroshi and it's the same item with the same lines except it's read by Gilbert Gottfried.

Please post the crowd funding URL for this tia

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone notice GGG is actually attempting to optimize the game? And actually manage the 29 gig content.ggpk? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3076718

Of course it seems they had to delay the patch because they found it breaks things in testing, but godspeed to them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

From Reddit . Nice

Edit

I can’t post from Imgur so too bad for all of you

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Just in case people had some crazy notion that POE2 would come out this year:

quote:

We are unlikely to start a Beta for Path of Exile 2 until 2022 at the earliest.

From https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3077132

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

Please post the crowd funding URL for this tia

I have many great ideas for items that will sadly never be made, along with Replica Oni-Goroshi there's the Breakfacer, a helm that covers all of your face except your forehead. Your unarmed attacks hit with your head now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

Breakfacer, a helm that covers all of your face except your forehead. Your unarmed attacks hit with your head now.

I don't know why* this made me think of it, but now I want unique boots that turn all of your movement animations into the Duelist's Leap Slam animation. They can be called "The Red Twirl".

*I do know why, it's whiskey

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm done with uh the Ritual League. I started very late due to assorted reasons. I played three characters:

Cactuar v4 - Thanks for the ~400 Ex that assorted people donated to me but even with 400 Ex worth of gear I don't think I can make this thing kill Sirus. The clearspeed is not bad - to be honest there's little difference between a Chest with Enemies Explode and all the goodies that 400 Ex can buy versus the standard garbage that this build is. Most enemies die upon touching you so the gameplay, especially Delving, is the same.

The problem is that it's really hard to scale Gladiator Reckoning/Riposte damage while still preserving the very key attribute that you sort of need to tank everything in the world to hit back.

I dunno. I think this can still work someday. It's certainly the easiest Delver, feels like Righteous Fire a bit. You just walk and things die, at least until they scale enough so that you die instead.

Bossing: 1/5
Mapping: 4/5 it's not bad at all for a melee build things touch you they die you just walk as fast as you can, it can breeze through breaches.
Legion: 0/5
Blight: 0/5
Final Fantasy Meme: 4/5

Chieftain GenCry EQ - This was some bizarre experiment with Transcendence, Nebuloch and stacking Endurance Charge for a character with ~1.3m EHP and 3k hp/s + Disciple of Kitava without resorting to Block. It was absolutely terrible.

Bossing: 1/5
Mapping: 2/5
Tankiness: 3/5 it wasn't even that good.
Efficiency in preventing GenCry from being nerfed: 5/5

BA Elementalist - Finally got to play the rework and good lord Elementalist was my favorite ascendancy when it only went up until Cruel Lab, now it's just loving ace. I played a semi-homebrewn Shaper of Flames/Storms + Elemancer character with Burning Arrow and it's fun.

My build ultimately was half-assed as gently caress, I didn't get to optimize the cluster jewels, I was running garbage auras (Vitality/Clarity/Herald of Ash don't judge it's the socket colors I had) instead of Malevolence/Wrath, my gear was all over the place and I didn't have the good flasks and stuff.

Still there's something intrinsically satisfying about Elementalist, just zapping around with golems, being immune to Uber Lab, all that sort of stuff. I did Simulacrum for the first time ever (and managed to clear wave 20), got two Maven kills, the second one deathless*, and I almost managed to clear The Feared down to only Uber Atziri remaining but I'll blame lag just because (seriously São Paulo keeps rubberbanding me to Fireblasts).

It's amazing how a two minutes Sirus is so much easier than a 90 minutes one.

Mapping: 5/5 A++ will one shot everything again
Bossing: 5/5 A++ will instantly die to Hydra again.
Sound of Golems walking around you idle in your hideout: 4/5 still beats Spectres bashing their shield.
Doing Shaper with 2.9k hp as soon as you beat the campaign: 5/5
São Paulo server: 750ms

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elentor has played with her ridiculous builds, league is now complete

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Elentor posted:

Legion: 0/5

This got a hearty chuckle

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Finally got 40/40. Despite flaming the guy for suggesting running twinned city squares that's what I ended up doing.

My prediction for the next league: craftable currency.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Elentor posted:

BA Elementalist
Bossing: 5/5 A++ will instantly die to Hydra again.

lol what the hell killed you there. i didn't see any projectiles

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zmej posted:

lol what the hell killed you there. i didn't see any projectiles

A lot of people analyzed that video and the only solid conclusion was "my character died of a heart attack".

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Elentor posted:

A lot of people analyzed that video and the only solid conclusion was "my character died of a heart attack".
everytime craigk plays dota, an elentor character dies in poe

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure it out.

I concur with the heart attack diagnosis.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of this League, I finally got my rear end around finishing Bestel's Epic and getting 12 challenges. I am now most proud to announce that I have added another #FF0000 weapon effect to my ever growing collection. Since I can't make a perfect square yet just pretend I added an extra 180 points.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Elentor posted:

another #FF0000 weapon effect to my ever growing collection. Since I can't make a perfect square yet

Next league

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/brittlekneetv/status/1377849697562398722

this should be pretty cool although probably not anything new to a lot of y'all thread readers or stream watchers

Raelcun posted on reddit that the runners will be Imexile, Tytykiller, and Balaar

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 3, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So one thing that always really slows me down while leveling is goddamn gem links and feeling unsure when I should upgrade gear. I feel like I spend a lot of time in town looking for stuff with the right colors and sometimes links but only for my main skill. Should I just worry less about gear untill my resistances get lowered?

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

You can complete the acts with literally anything and by then have a few chaos to buy your gem setup.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zmej posted:

everytime craigk plays dota, an elentor character dies in poe

nobody has that many deaths in poe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xun posted:

So one thing that always really slows me down while leveling is goddamn gem links and feeling unsure when I should upgrade gear. I feel like I spend a lot of time in town looking for stuff with the right colors and sometimes links but only for my main skill. Should I just worry less about gear untill my resistances get lowered?
I pretty much only care about my main damage link before maps. I keep an eye out for a hat or gloves in the colours I want and then forget about that slot until the next socket breakpoint or Tabula drop. If an item's going to not give me enough slots to run all my auras or whatever that I need for the build I don't bother since the stats on levelling gear aren't going to outweigh having the aura up. Secondary supports will go in and out of my gear as sockets allow, at most I might throw a chromatic at something to 'correct' an off-colour but I stick with gear that I won't need an off-colour on even if it's low tier.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

A lot of that stuff has to run on experience and instinct that you only get after running a build or something similar to it for a while. I've played the game for close to a decade but have hardly touched some archetypes. I can run melee builds to red maps on self found garbage while I watch tv but if I tried to league start something like a miner or a poison build I'd end up spending a lot of time trying to decide how to get by on 3link, 4links, which gear slots were worth upgrading when, etc.

You can generalize some experience for sure, but if you really want to streamline your run up to early maps there's no substitute for picking a good build and just doing it a few times.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Elentor posted:

I'm glad I did this so early in the league, now I get to sell all the goods and carry people and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9eK6d1psU

This was a fun if messy fight.

Respect. :)

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Here's what I would do if I would not be too lazy to do this before league start:

- write down a list of links from Lioneye to maps with colors
- compare what bases have best chance of 4L of these colors (like int/str armor for red-blue links or ev/int for blue-greens)
- add these specific colors to leveling filter with big red tags
- have a post-it close to monitor with list of total links needed (off top of my head like b-b-b-b r-b-b-b b-b-b-g r-g-b)
- pick only these if they drop, scour\alch\ess if needed
- craft resistances\hp at hideout

Alternatively, check 'adjacent' builds for supplied filters, like ShakCentral does for his Occuvortex build (b-b-b-g+ with INT/es bases) every league.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/brittlekneetv/status/1377849697562398722

this should be pretty cool although probably not anything new to a lot of y'all thread readers or stream watchers

Raelcun posted on reddit that the runners will be Imexile, Tytykiller, and Balaar

That's cool, GDQ hosts a lot of Diablo 2 runs and I think PoE is a more interesting speedgame - I mean, they pushed race leagues for quite a while.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BA Elementalist Epilogue:

I did the feared the hidden blabla every boss and then to wrap up uber elder, some good old São Paulo action:

https://i.imgur.com/gKGhLzp.mp4

Deathless.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
pathofexile.com say "Throughout the weekend, Transcendence Helmets and 2x Warlord Mystery Box microtransaction packs will be given away on Twitter and during the live cast. "

What does that mean? Who's live cast, Path of Exile twitch specifically or any of their buddy streamers? Are the Transcendence helmets guaranteed like the Magma Wings were last time or are these some weasel words where they have 10 helmets and 2 warlord boxes for the whole planet? Gimme free poo poo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably for watching raiz's stream which is the "main" race stream and was linked right above that paragraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

BA Elementalist Epilogue:

I did the feared the hidden blabla every boss and then to wrap up uber elder, some good old São Paulo action:

https://i.imgur.com/gKGhLzp.mp4

Deathless.

I thought GGG warned you already about hacking their game. :colbert:

That is some serious rubberbanding though.