Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

and only one way to get the answers

Do we need to fund swapposetory.avi, I got some spare cash from not smoking all this weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
in order to reach the next level, you must open your third eye

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

blasting tool and shoving a weed pill up your rear end

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Mozi posted:

in order to reach the next level, you must open your third eye

Oral THC spray in eye?
Directions unclear.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

A few days ago I smoked up at 4 AM on this beach in Oregon. Definitely up there for one of the best smoke spots of my life.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

frogge posted:

Oral THC spray in eye?
Directions unclear.

well, can't hurt

at the very least do the two upper eyes first

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

A few days ago I smoked up at 4 AM on this beach in Oregon. Definitely up there for one of the best smoke spots of my life.

Man I can *feel* this picture and I am so jealous.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

What's a good vape pen for wax? Some have capsules and I guess somehow that keeps it cleaner? You kids have bamboozled me.

Edit:I have a terp pen and it's fine but not super portable or discreet.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Normally I'd have a ton of options to offer, but there's not a lot to link right now due to the ~*~vape mail ban~*~

PuffPuffPassIt is still shipping vapes from what I can tell, and I've been eyeing the Yocan Armor (and coils) as a possible upgrade for my well-worn Yocan Evolve collection. It's tiny, it can charge from micro usb, and both the mild variable power settings and 10 second preheat also make the battery a good choice for cartridges.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If you want something that you can clean and not have to replace the coil, the Saionara and the Divine Crossing v4 are quite good. You want the coil+bucket configuration. Finding the right shape of battery you want might be a problem right now if discretion is what you're after, persistence probably wins out though. It's not a reflex to always suggest this format, it's just the lowest maintenance battery-powered style I know about.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
got dabs , pizza, and I can't seem to decide on which terrible TubiTV show to watch.
its between Greatest Tank Battles in History and Redwall
gently caress it its the tanks im actually invested in the Redwall storyline and need to be awake to watch it

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Sjs00 posted:

got dabs , pizza, and I can't seem to decide on which terrible TubiTV show to watch.
gently caress it its the tanks im actually invested in the Redwall storyline and need to be awake to watch it

Redwall books owned.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

this is beautiful. which beach is it?

im extremely hoping everyone in my band can get vaxed this spring and we can start touring pacific nw this summer. i love the oregon coast

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

ZuluDashOne posted:

Redwall books owned.

Yeah they did

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've got a dab pen but it's not that great and I can't remember the name anyways.

Also the police found my stolen car so it looks like my strategy of 'smoke more weed and don't worry about it' has paid off once again.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i took this at heceta a couple years back, lovely spot:

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
Hey weed thread, I have a question and I wanted to ask the experts.

We have a lot of old vape carts, and want to try to reclaim all the bits left in them. If we open the carts, soak them in everclear, evaporate off the alcohol, can the oil be used? Any recommendations from here, or is this a terrible idea that will kill me?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That'd be fine, just make sure it's well ventilated.

You could just put them on a piece of parchment paper on a griddle on low temp and let them seep out. 200°F or so should be fine.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'd be hesitant to do that to any cheap plastic cartridges, but the glass and steel ones should hold up to the everclear fine

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

There was a small tent outside my dispensary selling Girl Scout Cookies to anyone coming out the exit today :patriot:

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That'd be fine, just make sure it's well ventilated.

You could just put them on a piece of parchment paper on a griddle on low temp and let them seep out. 200°F or so should be fine.

I don't have a griddle but I have a toaster oven, and I've thought about rigging a thing to do something like that. The part where some of the carts are plastic has given me pause though. I should probably sort them out first.

DoombatINC posted:

I'd be hesitant to do that to any cheap plastic cartridges, but the glass and steel ones should hold up to the everclear fine

Can you expand on this?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Rack posted:

Can you expand on this?

Some plastics and rubbers don't hold up well to solvent exposure, even something as relatively pedestrian as alcohol. You'll see that sometimes if you clean something plastic with rubbing alcohol the texture or color will change, or it will get "streaks" on the plastic where you cleaned it - that's the plastic basically corroding away into the alcohol solution. It's something to consider any time you're using alcohol to clean, and it's something to consider many times more if you plan on then evaporating that alcohol off and smoking the residue.

Most cheap plastic cartridges will have mouth pieces that you can easily pull off, and under is usually a little rubber stopper. If you pull those from some cartridges and leave them upside-down in something you can harvest from (like a shot glass or comparable) then gravity will get most of the leftover oil for you after a few days. Better cartridges, with glass bodies and metal interiors, hold up fine to alcohol - and some can even be re-used in a pinch if you've got something to fill them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah if it were me I'd probably skip the solvents and just harvest what you can from the carts. They are usually diluted somehow so they will still 'pour' out, just slowly

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Sjs00 posted:

Holy poo poo there's a redwall show?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rack posted:

I don't have a griddle but I have a toaster oven, and I've thought about rigging a thing to do something like that. The part where some of the carts are plastic has given me pause though. I should probably sort them out first.

Doesn't have to be terribly hot, but you're smart to avoid the plastic ones. Honestly, even just a little over 100°F will probably be enough if you give it time. If you have a warm lamp, you can probably just set them under it, opening down, on parchment paper for a few hours and see what you get.

I take my dab containers, overwhelmingly glass, throw them on a cookie cooling rack, on top of parchment on a cookie sheet, toss it in the oven for 20-30 minutes on as low a setting as the oven goes. Every couple months I get a gram or more leftover from the containers.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Earwicker posted:

this is beautiful. which beach is it?

im extremely hoping everyone in my band can get vaxed this spring and we can start touring pacific nw this summer. i love the oregon coast

Wakonda Beach, south of Waldport. My campsite was right by the beach!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Doesn't have to be terribly hot, but you're smart to avoid the plastic ones. Honestly, even just a little over 100°F will probably be enough if you give it time. If you have a warm lamp, you can probably just set them under it, opening down, on parchment paper for a few hours and see what you get.

I take my dab containers, overwhelmingly glass, throw them on a cookie cooling rack, on top of parchment on a cookie sheet, toss it in the oven for 20-30 minutes on as low a setting as the oven goes. Every couple months I get a gram or more leftover from the containers.

I used to take the fancy carts my dealer gave me and put those out, upside down with the top off, in the sun during the summer for 2-3 hours. Worked like magic!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

frogge posted:

Holy poo poo there's a redwall show?
hell yeah there is

bouta smoke up a fat dab then some late breakfast!

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Rack posted:

Can you expand on this?

I work with ethanol exclusively for extractions and I agree with DoomBat. There's a reason I shelled out for a glass tempered lidded vac purge chamber, rather than assuming that some of the plastic ones which claim they are fine for "degassing wood products" would not, in fact, degrade.

Ethanol is a powerful organic solvent and unless you know the chemical composition of the carts, you don't have any good way of knowing if you're dissolving some amount of petrochemical garbage that you'd prefer to not vape. There's a reason that my cannabis doesn't touch anything besides ethanol, glass and silicone before it hits my lungs.

If you did go this route and then decarb it and eat it rather than vaping, I'd sort of assume the net impact of eating trace dissolved plastics would be a lot more negligible. IANAD, but it sounds like we all eat about a credit card's worth of plastic a week anyway so :shrug: :allears: YOLO

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lots of good info and replies here, thank you all! I think I'll do a couple small trials with heat+gravity to see how it goes, and I'll wait on the ethanol.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Two weeks deep into my T-break today and I'm actually feeling really, really good. It's quite Some poo poo to deal with all of my emotions head on, but I'm also thankful that the fog of ADHD/Depression has almost completely lifted. If you think you need a break, loving do it. I wish my brain could handle smoking weed every day, but we all need to recognize that we handle this poo poo differently. Weed is an absolutely wonderful tool, just make sure that you use it in a way that's beneficial to you

Also, gently caress, I've been sounding like a total stoner even while sober lately

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm on 3.5 weeks here and it's been pretty good. My cravings are all but gone and I've been able to focus better at work and stuff.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

PokeJoe posted:

I'm on 3.5 weeks here and it's been pretty good. My cravings are all but gone and I've been able to focus better at work and stuff.

This is maybe more of a serious about weed question, but at what point do you decide that maybe you're doing better without it? Sounds like you're close to a month and having a net positive experience.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I swear I was halfway through typing a comment on another forum when the edible suddenly kicked in and it took about twice as long to type the last half of the comment as the first and I suddenly wondered if the comment made any sense at all entirely.

Also have you ever been on an internet comment form about weed, and wondered while high whether it was a thread for posting while high on weed or just for posting about weed, and then wondering and worrying that maybe it’s a thread ABOUT weed and people will be pissed if you go in and post while being high off your gourd and post nonsense.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
So, is this a threwd for high-posting or only for posts about weed that made sense instead of the nomsense i think when I’m high?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
just post

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
See I didn’t used to get high very often, but I’ve started smoking. I worry a lot when I’m high is that normal?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Sucrose posted:

See I didn’t used to get high very often, but I’ve started smoking. I worry a lot when I’m high is that normal?

It makes it kind of unpleasant. I worry enough sober. In fact I would prefer not to be high than be high right now. But I’m kind of stuck, see? I guess my question is are there any techniques for having a more pleasant high than unpleasant one?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I need a “Have a good high rather than bad high” guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Sucrose posted:

It makes it kind of unpleasant. I worry enough sober. In fact I would prefer not to be high than be high right now. But I’m kind of stuck, see? I guess my question is are there any techniques for having a more pleasant high than unpleasant one?

If you're in a legal state, look for high CBD varieties. It's supposed to moderate the anxiety-inducing effects of THC.