Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It would be extremely funny if a queen dipped their names in ice water as prep but I'm sure that would be extremely painful

Also holy poo poo can Symone just lip synch every week even if she wins? I can't take my loving eyes off her whenever she does. Utica did a really good job too but Symone is just 'it' for me when it comes to how much personality shes shown in the lip synchs so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Symone lipsyncs as if she knows she's the only star on the stage. She barely does any stunts but she projects such self-assurance with every movement and yeah, it's mesmerizing.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Bushido Brown posted:

I still would have rather have Denali still in it or something, but I see a case for her over Olivia. I’m really tired of the sexy baby shtick.

I was wondering why I suddenly became so annoyed during Oliva's set, but yeah, this is it. It almost reminds me of when nerds or e-girls do the creepy "hentai girl" voice, it's just uncomfortable.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It would be extremely funny if a queen dipped their names in ice water as prep but I'm sure that would be extremely painful
I've heard of one of the RPDR queens doing something similar to this . . . I want to say that Naomi Smalls uses something cold to help with tucking, but I might be misremembering.

blizzardvizard posted:

Symone lipsyncs as if she knows she's the only star on the stage. She barely does any stunts but she projects such self-assurance with every movement and yeah, it's mesmerizing.
Symone really exudes confidence on a level above everybody else on this season and it's pretty stunning to watch. I'm not looking forward to next ep when she seems to have a bit of a breakdown :(

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

beepsandboops posted:

I've heard of one of the RPDR queens doing something similar to this . . . I want to say that Naomi Smalls uses something cold to help with tucking, but I might be misremembering.

Granted, I've never tucked, but I'm not sure how that would help since everything becomes much less pliable when all cold and shriveled up like that. You'd think that you want everything to be warm so that you can pull and stretch as much as possible.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think you would want the balls to be cold but the actual sack and wang to be warm. I haven't tried to seriously tuck in a few years but imo that would be ideal if it was possible

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Read After Burning posted:

I was wondering why I suddenly became so annoyed during Oliva's set, but yeah, this is it. It almost reminds me of when nerds or e-girls do the creepy "hentai girl" voice, it's just uncomfortable.

Yeah the earlier runway was kinda uncomfortable because it was a grown man just dressing up as a little black girl and then add onto that the sexy baby set it's just way too much

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Eej posted:

Yeah the earlier runway was kinda uncomfortable because it was a grown man just dressing up as a little black girl and then add onto that the sexy baby set it's just way too much

This just reminded me of Coco Montrese in season 5:

I tried to forget this for years. Never wanted to be reminded of it again.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race S13/UK2 - really tired of the sexy baby shtick

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

This just reminded me of Coco Montrese in season 5:

What I find interesting about that look is it went from being a terrible runway look, to an absolutely perfect lip sync look for “When I grow up”

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm in a weird mood today and thought to myself how fun it would be to watch a lipsynch to a Lords of Acid song like :nws: "Rover Take Over" :nws:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

As horribly creepy as baby doll Coco was, she absolutely killed that lipsync. Some bad manners about blocking the other performer, but I seem to recall that being pretty universal that season. The producers must have said something to the newer seasons, it doesn't happen as much anymore.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

angerbeet posted:

As horribly creepy as baby doll Coco was, she absolutely killed that lipsync. Some bad manners about blocking the other performer, but I seem to recall that being pretty universal that season. The producers must have said something to the newer seasons, it doesn't happen as much anymore.

I watched a bit of Season 3 and holy MOLEY the bad manners during lipsyncs then... I thought two queens pushing each other around during the lipsync was bad...

BUT THEN MIMI IMFIRST FULL ON FIREMAN CARRIES ANOTHER QUEEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE JUDGES.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I really hated Alaska's constant interactions with her lip sync opponents in AS2. I think that may have been the last season where that was heavily featured.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Der-Wreck posted:

I watched a bit of Season 3 and holy MOLEY the bad manners during lipsyncs then... I thought two queens pushing each other around during the lipsync was bad...

BUT THEN MIMI IMFIRST FULL ON FIREMAN CARRIES ANOTHER QUEEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE JUDGES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkzTXNcjyQ

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

I really hated Alaska's constant interactions with her lip sync opponents in AS2. I think that may have been the last season where that was heavily featured.

She does seem to recognize that this was poor form, at least (and/or especially) in the case of licking Katya.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:lol: at the lack of posts from this awful episode.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

:lol: at the lack of posts from this awful episode.

Like, I hate that Kandy was given a pass to the final 4 since the very beginning, at this point, at least she has more personality than Olivia who started strong and has been coasting ever since. I think I would have liked to have seen Denali who seemed to get the Jan treatment this season.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't much care for Kandy, but I DO agree with her lust for Joey.

Because dayum.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't much care for Kandy, but I DO agree with her lust for Joey.

Because dayum.

I. KNOW. I was teased earlier in this thread for finding Joey hot, but god drat he is maybe one of the hottest guys to ever appear on the show. Excluding Bryce on the pit crew.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

I. KNOW. I was teased earlier in this thread for finding Joey hot, but god drat he is maybe one of the hottest guys to ever appear on the show. Excluding Bryce on the pit crew.

For me, it's a toss up between Asstina, Farrah Moan, and Courtney Act. Maybe Katya, too.

Like goddamn. :swoon:

This show was what pushed me to finally come out to my wife as bisexual. "Sorry, I'm gonna lust over some queens." It's all good.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
This is a great lip synch song and this lip synch is pretty meh to me. Sad.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This show was what pushed me to finally come out to my wife as bisexual. "Sorry, I'm gonna lust over some queens." It's all good.

I'm happy to hear that you came out! That's a big deal!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The challenge went on too long, but wasn't the worst acting challenge. Funniest part for me was India's breastplate. Aside from the cat fight, that was about it.

Lip sync was pretty great for a non-Denali one. Both looked like they were having a great time.

Agree with what was said about Olivia. She's gorgeous, but needs to develop her drag persona more. The polite diva thing is amusing, but gets kind of grating when it's her only setting.

Gottmik's and Symone's runways were perfection.

Anyway, Symone or Rosé for the crown, but I wouldn't scoff at a Gottmik win if she kills the next episode and LSFTC.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I kinda lost the momentum of watching the main season when drag race UK ended. I think I'm going to do a binge to catch up right before the finale. These episodes sound rough though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

IMO, every season kind of gets less entertaining as more queens leave past the halfway point. A lot of fun personalities are gone by then, and everyone just talks about making the top 3/4.

Anyway, read some tea claiming that this Cher lip sync was swapped from the disco episode where Tamisha went home 👀 Although Kandy did all right tonight.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

It was a boring episode because we all knew even if Kandy was just Kandy in the acting challenge and came out in the worst outfit, which she did, she would still be given a pass into the top four. Undeserved.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trash poo poo.

Also once they all started making GBS threads on Olivia I just ffw'd cause the writing was on the wall. You put Kandy in any of those roles and it would have been the same. You wanna talk about one note? It's them. Yeah, Olivia should have chosen a different role but whatever - it was fine. The runway was really drat good.

Gottmik sewed a bunch of watches on - zzz. Safe though as the performance was the best out of all em.

It's hopefully either Rose or Symone. Just end this loving season already.

E: Also Rose snatching the win from Symone - lmao - a poor mans Klaus Nomi is all I saw.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 3, 2021

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I disliked Kandy from the start but would rather have her around for another episode than Olivia. The sweetness was cloying and I’m glad it stopped.

I am a bit surprised they gave Rosé the win. I thought she deserved it (mostly for selling the physical poo poo like climbing the cord) but I expected another Gottmik win.

I think it's Symone's to lose and Rosé is being built up to be the competitor who loses, but I'm fine with either winning.

Gottmik is also excellent but seems to have Raja-level connections and will be absolutely set forever at this point.

Only Kandy winning would upset me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My partner and I broke up so I immediately cancelled the Stan subscription cause I probably don't want to watch it for a while without her but tbh we made it to the end of UK and that's fine given how bad this season has been. Someone let me know when Symone wins thank you and namaste

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/joeynolfi/status/1378143623649329155?s=20

Vintersorg posted:

Gottmik sewed a bunch of watches on - zzz.

?????

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If you're like me and weren't paying attention when this happened, here it is again.

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1378154345720610817?s=19
Symone :allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Still think it's odd how much screentime they give Kandy's lust for Joey when he already has a partner, especially considering how weird the fanbase gets about shipping queens.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

gandlethorpe posted:

If you're like me and weren't paying attention when this happened, here it is again.

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1378154345720610817?s=19
Symone :allears:

Yeah, that was great.

I loved this week's episode. There wasn't much to talk about in terms of drama, but it was one of the best acting challenges they've had.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nihonniboku posted:

I think I would have liked to have seen Denali who seemed to get the Jan treatment this season.

:emptyquote:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Janali. Alaskjan.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Pan Dulce posted:

It was a boring episode because we all knew even if Kandy was just Kandy in the acting challenge and came out in the worst outfit, which she did, she would still be given a pass into the top four. Undeserved.

I'm- yeah
I mean I'm annoyed that Kandy is top 4 but I'm kind of just numb to it at this point, the writing's been on the wall for half a season now

:can:, but I'm also feeling kind of similarly about Gottmik?
I don't haaaate that she's top 4, she is legitimately good at some things and brings good looks, but it's really not feeling... earned? The producers and editors have been doing backflips for her

I have not spoken to a single person that believes she won the bag ball over Utica
In the disco challenge, they hide her behind other queens while she is visibly out of sync and doing the wrong moves for the majority of the group choreo
In the Rusical she is off beat and messing up the simplified choreo she was given, (which had the added benefit of kneecapping Denali who was very much capable of the difficult choreo,) yet was given top 3
She's leaned on "whiny campy comedy" for the third time this week and yet somehow every week it's fresh and hilarious and not one-note, which is especially jarring coming off of the legitimately great comedy queens from DRUK like Bimini

I just really want the show to at least feel like a meritocracy, and while Mik is good, I don't know if she's really had to fight?

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 4, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah she's definitely being pushed by production to a top placing spot for I think fairly obvious reasons but that one confessional where she feels like she can do comedy after that roast makes me cringe internally because a real crowd would probably eat her alive

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I agree that she got carried to the finish line for a decent chunk of the race, but she is still firmly in the better half of the cast so eh. It's kinda like when Kim Chi was given passes to top 3, I didn't mind it because the queen herself was clearly talented and very likable. Mik probably knows and is fine that she's there to be part of the runners-up anyway.

Utica really should have won the ball, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I know that the queens show up to RPDR with outfits already made, but are there a lot who have most if not all of their outfits made by a professional designer? I know that's what Gottmik's situation is. I don't normally follow behind the scenes stuff, so I have no idea how common or rare this is.