Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The T45's biggest problem is that it's in the same tier as some epic heavies, so if it's just "balanced" it's gonna suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That is the T8 chieftain, which I hear is a pile of poo poo, that is getting buffed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh, and evidently the Chieftain/T95 is underpowered. :rolleyes:

It is kind of a raging piece of poo poo lol.

BadLlama posted:

Outside of the mobility thing, it doesn't seem half bad

https://tanks.gg/v11210ct/compare/skoda-t-45?t=amx-m4-45%7Ecarro-p88%7Et29%7Etiger-i%7Etiger-p%7Evk-4503

also lol at how loving broken the Tiger is and ppl still cry about sucking in it.

Here, I found a video of the Tiger in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMeUvpPMFe0&t=32s

Edit: Slight exaggeration on it's RoF

Double Edit: I just remembered this video exists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsIA7VrcFXw

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 2, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, I read it as being the T10, not the T8, since it was lumped in with the M60 and 121B.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I have been playing World of Tanks: Blitz on the Nintendo Switch lately and its absolutely hilarious. People are REALLY stupid and I almost feel bad because I have a good feeling the switch people are just kids trying to shoot each other. I am going down the American line trying to get the T110E3. Its extremely easy to snipe people as they don't have reactions as you do on PC. But thats what makes me better than those I am playing with. Been wiping the floor with people and just getting gold and credits with every battle.

The only thing I do not like about the switch version is that the only controller I can use reliably is the controllers that come on the side of the switch. My gamecube controllers that I own Smash Brothers with are not 100% compatible and makes it hard to play. But on the plus side, tanks are really cheap to purchase in this version. And there are even some Tier X premium tanks you can purchase. But for now I already spent enough on the PC version so I am just having fun using the skills I learned on PC to dominate people on Blitz.

Back in PC World of tanks. I purchased the Souma SM.

75 X5 missions.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 2, 2021

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Do we still have goon tank guilds. Considering coming back to platoon after all this time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm telling you guys, tier 6 is where it's at.

Here's my stats for the night:

Here are 3 back-to-back Ace Tankers.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

The only thing I do not like about the switch version is that the only controller I can use reliably is the controllers that come on the side of the switch. My gamecube controllers that I own Smash Brothers with are not 100% compatible and makes it hard to play.

It was my understanding that the GC controllers connected to the Switch via an adapter are only compatible with Smash Bros.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Do we still have goon tank guilds. Considering coming back to platoon after all this time.

Hey, look who's back! :) And yup, PANSY is still around!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

I'm telling you guys, tier 6 is where it's at.

Here's my stats for the night:

Here are 3 back-to-back Ace Tankers.

Honest question: how do you make the most of the Tiger 131? I try to play it like a baby tiger, ie. hang back and try to use the accurate gun but that only works in pure T6 games, any time I get downtiered against T7s or god forbid T8s I might as well drown myself for all the use I'm going to be in that thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Honest question: how do you make the most of the Tiger 131? I try to play it like a baby tiger, ie. hang back and try to use the accurate gun but that only works in pure T6 games, any time I get downtiered against T7s or god forbid T8s I might as well drown myself for all the use I'm going to be in that thing.

Bottom tier games are always all about farming damage from other players' spotting. You want to play like a slow, turreted TD, so press 2 and don't be anywhere near the front lines, preferably somewhere behind two bushes where you can get flank shots on the enemy. If anyone gives you flak for not "going where the heavies are supposed to" tell them to eat poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Bottom tier games are always all about farming damage from other players' spotting. You want to play like a slow, turreted TD, so press 2 and don't be anywhere near the front lines, preferably somewhere behind two bushes where you can get flank shots on the enemy. If anyone gives you flak for not "going where the heavies are supposed to" tell them to eat poo poo.

Yeah, that's about what I'm doing already. I guess the big problem is not dabbing the 2 key often enough.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Atomizer posted:

It was my understanding that the GC controllers connected to the Switch via an adapter are only compatible with Smash Bros.

Hey, look who's back! :) And yup, PANSY is still around!

Well there's a name I immediately recognize. lol. Sent you a message already

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 3, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Atomizer posted:

Good thing the wireless ones are good!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/g82JmQH.mp4

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stats after another night of tier 6 premiums:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/dEYttBe.mp4

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
world of tanks now on switch?

:discourse:

ole first game a the week or month or whatever

first ace in this http://wotreplays.eu/site/5838380#sand_river-turmoilx-bat_-ch_tillon_bourrasque enough time has went by where i can finally ace or or it was a decent game idk

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 4, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have been playing World of Tanks: Blitz on the Nintendo Switch lately and its absolutely hilarious. People are REALLY stupid and I almost feel bad because I have a good feeling the switch people are just kids trying to shoot each other. I am going down the American line trying to get the T110E3. Its extremely easy to snipe people as they don't have reactions as you do on PC. But thats what makes me better than those I am playing with. Been wiping the floor with people and just getting gold and credits with every battle.

I hear that. I've been playing the PS5 version of World of Warships, and I was a pretty decent WoWS PC player (about 53-54% solo winrate) and I'm just wiping the floor with console players. It's kinda fun to progress through ships in one game and get 3x the XP and damage of the next person. I've had a few games where I've been the last survivor against 4-5 enemies, and still able to win easily.

I wouldn't switch over to the console version permanently because it feels ... small, somehow. Maybe it's the massive UI, maybe it's the weirdly missing options (you can't easily see your gun or torpedo range in game, for instance) but it's fun enough to play while my old cat naps on my lap.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I guess it's alright. Still not a huge fan of the lack of splash, low damage, low stun time and awkward travel time.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

*does 2600 damage in a tier 6 tank*

"I'm not sure this tank is good..."

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I can tell you that all tier 6 tanks are mediocre, it's the other tier 6 players that are bad.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I guess it's alright. Still not a huge fan of the lack of splash, low damage, low stun time and awkward travel time.

Yeah but all those apply to every T6 SPG, and most of them aren't anywhere NEAR as good as the M44.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
My issue is it never really felt fun and I was always vaguely frustrated the whole game. My crew isn't 100% in the tank yet though (aside from the commander and 2 loaders. I threw some awarded crew in the loader positions and slammed a book onto the commander). I'm waiting to see how it feels once they've all got BiA but right now I don't think I'd play it for fun.

edit: I should note that I fought 4 tanks at close range. I killed a medium with a cheeky shot over a rock, my m12 died for my sins cause I missed the shot on the heavy and their arty lorraine and m44 were absolute legends that cruised up to our base to td me and the other arty on our team. I somehow survived every time. Usually donked them and someone else finished them off before they could fire.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 4, 2021

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Morality? WHAT'S THAT????

*cackle*

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Somehow I'd completely misplaced that you can complete Battle Pass missions in tier 4s.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5838883#empire_s_border-mariuslecter-wz-132

https://i.imgur.com/ltPL6Rh.mp4

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

saintonan posted:

Somehow I'd completely misplaced that you can complete Battle Pass missions in tier 4s.

You can complete them in tier 3. Possibly even tier 2 and tier 1, but I haven't tried.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You can complete the missions in any tier, but the tanks below tier 6 don't earn any battle pass points for placing in the top 10 exp in a battle.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i am super rusty at this game this replay will have you clenching your butt or something like you're watching a massive noob, because you are, a lucky one http://wotreplays.eu/site/5840053#arctic_region-turmoilx-panhard_ebr_75_fl_10 was also my first game in this tank its cringe worthy and thats why its so great

had to logout after that action burst

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah I like the Bretagne Panther.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5840064

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you like the Bret get the Pudel

https://tanks.gg/compare/bret-panther?t=pudel

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have the Pudel too!

E: turbo on the E-100. Bad idea, good idea? I've been playing it some, and it's a pretty good tank when it gets to where I'm going, but that often takes a frustratingly long time because this thing is slooooooow.

I'm currently running vents, rammer and v-stab.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 5, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5840853#highway-mariuslecter-m41_walker_bulldog

e;
Another one.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 6, 2021

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Alright I'll begrudgingly admit the M44 is decent. You really need the crew to be good so that you hit more shots cause the splash is so pitiful and stun time is bad so you won't get much by way of assist damage. But once you've got reload time down and accuracy up, those issues aren't as bad, including the low-ish damage per shell.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The M44 isn't decent, it is cancer, and stupidly good.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Currently my stats in it are much worse than they were in the Hummel but that was also way back in the day so dunno. To be fair, I played almost 200 games in the Hummel and only 26 so far in the M44 so I'm guessing I was just better at the game and the tank back then.

I'm slowly getting better at the game again. Been back for bout 2 weeks now so remembering how to play and also recognizing all the new tanks and how to shoot/avoid them. 6 more days until my account reaches 10 years!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Currently my stats in it are much worse than they were in the Hummel but that was also way back in the day so dunno. To be fair, I played almost 200 games in the Hummel and only 26 so far in the M44 so I'm guessing I was just better at the game and the tank back then.

I'm slowly getting better at the game again. Been back for bout 2 weeks now so remembering how to play and also recognizing all the new tanks and how to shoot/avoid them. 6 more days until my account reaches 10 years!

It's hard to get back into this game from a long break. Maps change, tanks change, meta change etc.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RosaParksOfDip posted:

If you played the Hummel "back in the day", it was probably before all arty got "reworked" (nerfed to poo poo) about a year or two ago.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/os7JK2E.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So I finished my first referral account, and after a long deliberation and a string of heartbreak with squishy tanks I picked the 112.
It made the game somewhat fun again, even losing it's tough enough to dish out plenty and make enough dough to feed my 2M skillbook addiction.
The classic IS-2 gun works better than I imagined, you just have to pick on squishies and stay away from Defenders/E75 etc until they are low enough for the occasional HEAT round.

Now the second referral choice is tough. The T-54 mod1 would be a sure thing if it had pref MM like the 112.
But I'm not sure if its armor is even worth anything? The 112's is just barely above the 'armor actually works' threshold, any less and I'm afraid it might just be dead weight.