Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well guys, I've joined the club. I demo'd some utility irons and ended up settling on a Srixon ZU85. I swing it a lot better than my 4 iron so it's time to give up that ghost. I now have a really weird top of bag of driver - 3 wood - 2 iron - (one length 3 hybrid) - one length 5 iron, etc. etc. It's odd but it really works well for me.

I had this shaft on that I didn't know existed but loved how it felt. It's called a SteelFiber i110 made by Aerotech. It's a kind of Steel / Graphite combo shaft - cool technology!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I promise I'm done but this was awesome:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kirios posted:

Well guys, I've joined the club. I demo'd some utility irons and ended up settling on a Srixon ZU85. I swing it a lot better than my 4 iron so it's time to give up that ghost. I now have a really weird top of bag of driver - 3 wood - 2 iron - (one length 3 hybrid) - one length 5 iron, etc. etc. It's odd but it really works well for me.

I had this shaft on that I didn't know existed but loved how it felt. It's called a SteelFiber i110 made by Aerotech. It's a kind of Steel / Graphite combo shaft - cool technology!

I love my utility. I have one of the "first" ones I think, the Callaway X Utility Prototype, and it's such a versatile club. It's almost 10 years old at this point but I love it.

Aerotech shafts were really big on GolfWRX a few years ago but it seems like they're rarely offered.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
god drat dude, that must feel awesome! happy for your success and happy for my little joker buddy.

also, finally joined a mens club and got my ghin this year, 16.5! Super stoked and hope to be less lovely by years end.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

5 way playoff for 1 spot at Augusta National Women's Amateur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZG-o9fJXnY

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Mcqueen posted:

god drat dude, that must feel awesome! happy for your success and happy for my little joker buddy.

also, finally joined a mens club and got my ghin this year, 16.5! Super stoked and hope to be less lovely by years end.

Awesome! Glad you like it. I have the factory working on 3 new ones right now and I just got 5 more designs from my designer so I'm going to get them working on those too. I hope to get enough ahead of me so I can basically have 2 months of releases if I'm releasing every week that way it'll be constant.

I also bought a SkyTrak from a buddy of mine on another forum. He was looking to upgrade and I told him I wanted to buy his. He asked me to make an offer so I said "Well, they were going for $1,500 used before Covid, so is that good or are you looking for more?" and he was like "Nah, let's make it $1k." So I obviously jumped on that. He shipped it out this morning and I should have it on Monday. Looking forward to getting that set up. The best part is my company reimbursed me for it through our fitness program. Now I just need to get a projector, screen, and the software.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Daric posted:

The best part is my company reimbursed me for it through our fitness program.

Tell me more about this because my wife's company reimburses her for fitness equipment as well. How'd you slide that one through lol

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

mattfl posted:

Tell me more about this because my wife's company reimburses her for fitness equipment as well. How'd you slide that one through lol

We have a list of stuff that’s allowed/not allowed and launch monitors was listed under golf. I bet her company would do it too.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mcqueen posted:

Golf Megathread 2021: Super stoked and hope to be less lovely by years end.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daric posted:

We have a list of stuff that’s allowed/not allowed and launch monitors was listed under golf. I bet her company would do it too.

oh gently caress I am so jealous :argh:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

:hmmyes:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Daric posted:

:hmmyes: I will look into this. We did get Apple Watches from that program so who knows! She has like hundreds of hours of sick time that she can convert to use for things like this.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mr. Mambold posted:

Super Stroked and hope to be less lovely by years end.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Got my ball marker in the mail, it’s awesome, great work Daric. The handwritten note was an awesome touch too. Best of luck with everything!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Douchebag posted:

Got my ball marker in the mail, it’s awesome, great work Daric. The handwritten note was an awesome touch too. Best of luck with everything!

Great, I'm so glad y'all are liking them!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daric posted:

Great, I'm so glad y'all are liking them!

I don't have any interest in the ball markers but I'd happily throw you :10bux: toward R&D and whatnot because I think it's a cool thing you're doing and the quality of the product looks pretty awesome.

If you have an outlet for that please post it here or PM me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

This is the spirit with which we all chase little rocks around golf courses

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's been a while since I did it (dealt with some weird swing nonsense and had to relearn some things) but I did it - I broke 90 again! Shot a 87 today at Quail Valley in Bend - cool little track. I've been hitting low 90's but hadn't broke 90 since the original time. Hitting 2 iron off the tee on the 3-4 Par 4's that get really tight but are shorter holes really helped out. I also walked 36 holes for the first time today....no push cart or anything. It honestly wasn't too bad - my feet are sore but the rest of me is fine. This mini golf trip to Bend has been really awesome - can't wait to do more golf trips in the future.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Just picked up a Thanos marker and I'll be hoping for a Doctor Doom, Venom, Mr. Freeze, and Shredder to add to the collection.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Dr. Capco posted:

Just picked up a Thanos marker and I'll be hoping for a Doctor Doom, Venom, Mr. Freeze, and Shredder to add to the collection.

Well the good news is that out of the next 8 I have coming, you’ll be happy with 2 of them.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Shrapnig posted:

I don't have any interest in the ball markers but I'd happily throw you :10bux: toward R&D and whatnot because I think it's a cool thing you're doing and the quality of the product looks pretty awesome.

If you have an outlet for that please post it here or PM me.

Man, I missed this last night. Keep your money, I just appreciate that y’all are supportive. I’ve been posting on SA for a longggg time but at this point this is the only thread I post in and it’s because y’all are all a good group.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How many do you have left Daric? I'm not ready to buy then yet but next week I'm gonna get at least three. Also, do you know when batch 2 will drop?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Kirios posted:

How many do you have left Daric? I'm not ready to buy then yet but next week I'm gonna get at least three. Also, do you know when batch 2 will drop?

I still have plenty! They’re moving but unless something drastically changes I’ll still have enough next week.

I don’t have an exact date for the next batch but I’m hopeful I’ll have them in the next few weeks. From that point on there shouldn’t be any more gaps.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Final round of the Augusta National Women's Amateur had a 1 hr frost delay, I wonder if that means we'll get an extra hour of coverage. It's on NBC right now and will probably switch to Golf Channel once the PGA Tour event is supposed to start at 3:30pm. Decent battle for the lead but the players are spread across the final 2 pairings instead of in the same final group.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
holy poo poo am i bad at golf. completely lost my swing over the winter and unsure how to fix. f.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Petey posted:

holy poo poo am i bad at golf. completely lost my swing over the winter and unsure how to fix. f.
1,000 balls a day like Vijay Singh

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Pay George Gankas $50 a month and learn to get wet

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Final round of the Augusta National Women's Amateur had a 1 hr frost delay, I wonder if that means we'll get an extra hour of coverage. It's on NBC right now and will probably switch to Golf Channel once the PGA Tour event is supposed to start at 3:30pm. Decent battle for the lead but the players are spread across the final 2 pairings instead of in the same final group.
We had a 1 hole playoff and ended up eating into 1 hour of the PGA Tour event. Nice.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just broke my record! Shot an 86, which now means my last two rounds were sub 90. Getting decent at golf is freaking awesome, A+ would recommend.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If you guys aren’t watching the ANA Inspiration on Golf Channel, you should. Patty Tavatanakit is gonna be a superstar.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Josh Lyman posted:

If you guys aren’t watching the ANA Inspiration on Golf Channel, you should. Patty Tavatanakit is gonna be a superstar.

I've never seen her play until now but that swing is about as simple and repeatable as it gets. Surprised she hits it as far as she does considering she's 5'5".

Mirim Lee is playing with a mask on, jeeze. Golf is like the perfect socially distanced activity! Pros don't even have to touch the flagstick.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 4, 2021

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Man Spieth is looking great coming into the Masters.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Drive Chip and Putt national finals and holy poo poo I am so jealous of this swing

https://twitter.com/drivechipputt/status/1378697568926961664?s=21

https://twitter.com/golfdigest/status/1378705810772144138?s=21

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 4, 2021

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

good lord, kid

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
imagine being the dad to that kid. just getting absolutely smoked by your 12yo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mcqueen posted:

Pfft forget that.

Think of the ringer bets you could pull off.
"Jeez guys my partner didn't show, is it ok if my daughter plays?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mcqueen posted:

Hah so because of COVID, they didn’t have Drive Chip and Putt last year so even though she’s in the 12-13 age group, she’s actually 14 (she also won in 2019).

Regardless, that’s a swing that even Adam Scott could be jealous of.

Edit: lmao from her website, Trackman 2021 numbers. She’s from Las Vegas so I’m sure Stanford will try to scoop her up.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 4, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I never lost faith in you, Jordan.

Also holy poo poo @ Lydia Ko at the ANA.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Golf Channel coverage is such garbage. Tons of players on the course. Just shows leader walking, eating and drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Douchebag posted:

Golf Channel coverage is such garbage. Tons of players on the course. Just shows leader walking, eating and drinking.
It’s the same with Tiger and Michelle Wie. They showed every one of her shots last week and she missed the cut.