Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

drinking tea...makes me have to pee

Good, hydration is important :haibrower:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i'm all hopped up on that oolong juice

Escape From Noise

Had some puerh and talked with a friend back in the US about us both being depressed and sick of life. It felt good to be able to openly discuss.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Escape From Noise posted:

Had some puerh and talked with a friend back in the US about us both being depressed and sick of life. It felt good to be able to openly discuss.

i can't wait to get the jab and make tea for friends i need to find a portable gong fu set i just want to share with people

Escape From Noise

Might look into the possibility of going back to the US to get vaxxed. General availability may not even happen this year. Even the most optimistic timeline has it only just beginning in mid July, right before the olympics start, but they've only secured enough doses for half the population and medical staff are in short supply.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Might look into the possibility of going back to the US to get vaxxed. General availability may not even happen this year. Even the most optimistic timeline has it only just beginning in mid July, right before the olympics start, but they've only secured enough doses for half the population and medical staff are in short supply.

drat, for truth.

If you do swing by the states, come stop by Austin and have tea!

Escape From Noise

We'll see if the timeline can work out

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I suggested this to my cousin that lives in Norway because the European vaccine situation is kind of a mess too.

Anyway I’m having a nice cup of East Frisian BOP for the first time in a while and it’s very nice.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Vivian Darkbloom

400 grams of tea is a lotta nugs

Escape From Noise

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

:nice:

Dip Viscous

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

i can smell this pic through the internet

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good nugs there

I have some oolong called Taiwan "Strong Fire" that's super nutty and good and it looks very similar to that

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hello tea friends i am new here

i do not know if i should have some english breakfast or honey lemon ginseng today. please help me make a decision

Escape From Noise

Kith posted:

i do not know if i should have some english breakfast or honey lemon ginseng today. please help me make a decision

Hello and welcome to the tea thread!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Kith posted:

Both!

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

fair assessment

but now the question is which to have first

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kith posted:

fair assessment

but now the question is which to have first

Also both, double fist you are mugs, it is Tea Time

RickRogers

Teddy Thunders posted:

T4T4Life

(Personally, start heavy and go lighter and more sour to cleanse the pallet; like opposite to wine tasting where I go darker and drunker)

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

almost tempted to put both bags in the same mug. i have always wondered how that would work out

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kith posted:

almost tempted to put both bags in the same mug. i have always wondered how that would work out

It's either gonna be weirdly good or it's gonna taste like sour paper bag on a hot day.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Get in, loser friend, we're drinking tea.

Dip Viscous

Kith posted:

yes, combine. poo poo works every time.

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Teddy Thunders posted:

It's either gonna be weirdly good or it's gonna taste like sour paper bag on a hot day.

paper bags are our friends so i will go forth boldly

in like two hours, when i'm done being crippled and actually get out of bed

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Paper Bag is a good song by Fiona Apple.

Also good morning, it's time to be awake and not be able to reach the tea that was gently placed on the bedside table because I'm stuck in between the pillows again.

I need to get it before it's cold, it's genmaicha and I want it real bad.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I am visiting family and the water up here is funny tasting and it makes my tea very funny tasting

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kith posted:

how sweet do ye feel, if you are feelin pretty sweet then the hlg, if you are feelin decidely malty then the breakfast with a touch of milk

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I am visiting family and the water up here is funny tasting and it makes my tea very funny tasting

No one said you have to use water to make tea. Try hot milk, or hot apple cider, or hot maple syrup, or hot gin.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Evian or other bottled water for emergency tea or just a filter might help, otherwise, good luck friend...

Escape From Noise

To our new posters just remember:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Sleepytime tea is a hell of a drug

Also could a mod change the thread name to "Tea Time! Sleepytime is a hell of a drug" ? That'd be great!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bad idea: You could vape sleepytime tea but don't because it will absolutely hurt

Good idea: Just put the hot water in the cup, boil the freaking leaves already

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

On that note it's that good good milk oolong, hot with a little drop of last year's wildflower honey. Having with a Coffee Crisp mini and a little goi cuon and it's real nice I gotta say

RickRogers

Does sleepy time tea have verbena in it? Because that is a pretty chill cup of tea for me

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith posted:

paper bags are our friends so i will go forth boldly

in like two hours, when i'm done being crippled and actually get out of bed

turns out it was many more than two hours. the bags are steeping. i will report back on my two-bag adventures

Vivian Darkbloom

is there any special advantage to ceramic teapots vs metal or glass?

Kith

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith posted:

turns out it was many more than two hours. the bags are steeping. i will report back on my two-bag adventures

a little bitter but overall okay-ish, tending towards unimpressive. the lemon really stomped the life out of everything else

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I’m worried I’m gettin hooked on chamomile tea :ohdear:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I’m worried I’m gettin hooked on chamomile tea :ohdear:

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Escape From Noise

This is an intervention! Look at you! You can hardly stay awake!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

This is an intervention! Look at you! You can hardly stay awake!

I’m just....just a little.....just a little sleepy. It’s.... it’s totally normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

is there any special advantage to ceramic teapots vs metal or glass?

Ceramic is going to give you the best heat distribution and probably the most "pure" flavor as opposed to metal which will give better heat retention and can affect the minerality of the water a bit, esp cast iron

Ceramic or glass will heat up the quickest and will cool off the quickest, metal pots will take longer to heat up but will stay warmer longer

At the end of the day it's really more about aesthetics than anything else. Cast iron especially is heavy as hell and might be uncomfortable to pour. I personally prefer ceramic for most things. I don't have a lot of experience with clay pots but I'd like one