Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Made myself uncomfortable by thinking about the time Jonathan walked in on the housekeeper who had just discovered his sex sleeve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can confirm that Without Limits is the better Steve Prefontaine movie. Donald Sutherland plays his coach!

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Crazy poo poo goes down at Seth's Sweetgreen, huh? First he walked into a empty store and now he gets straight-up assaulted.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
This sweet greens story is killing me

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Does anyone remember what the episode number is for the live show (ages ago) that had really bad audio? Think that's the only episode I never listened to and feeling like I should close the gap.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

UYD: Crew cuts and LASIK

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

GraPar posted:

Does anyone remember what the episode number is for the live show (ages ago) that had really bad audio? Think that's the only episode I never listened to and feeling like I should close the gap.

It was from early March 2014 in DC. Saw it live and had a blast. Was super bummed about the audio quality problems because the show was great. No idea what the episode # is though.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Seths food orders are so crazy, I love it. he must be known all around town as the weird guy that gets a plain patty on an empty bun

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

mcvey posted:

It was from early March 2014 in DC. Saw it live and had a blast. Was super bummed about the audio quality problems because the show was great. No idea what the episode # is though.

Perfect, cheers - turns out it's #412.

Just listened to a few seconds, audio not as bad I was expecting, possible that eight years of most podcasts having constantly lovely audio for live shows has made me used to it.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Crazy poo poo goes down at Seth's Sweetgreen, huh? First he walked into a empty store and now he gets straight-up assaulted.

Lol I thought this was Seth overreacting as usual but Jesus

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is this the same Sweetgreen where Seth doesn't talk, or was that a different place?

E: lmao "I go outside, first thing I do is put money in the meter"

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
The place he didn't talk at was a different place, I was thinking the same thing and pulled this up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3VnwjPuIc

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Professor Latency posted:

Lol I thought this was Seth overreacting as usual but Jesus
If anything, he kind of undersells it a bit (for him, anyway).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seth emits some sort of frequency that triggers psychotic episodes.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

lol at the thought of seth rolling in there on the reg to order a $15 salad with nothing on it

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

General Dog posted:

Seth emits some sort of frequency that triggers psychotic episodes.

HELLO SATAN!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

flesh dance posted:

lol at the thought of seth rolling in there on the reg to order a $15 salad with nothing on it

And for breakfast no less! Somehow the craziest part of the story.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
https://deadline.com/2021/04/arclight-cinemas-and-pacific-theatres-wont-be-reopening-1234732936/

someone ought to do a wellness check on Seth

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

a wellness check on Seth

This could be the show's subtitle/Apple Podcasts description

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
I found a copy of seafood without a bike in a game shop a few years ago and I regret not picking it up

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
UYD: A cuppa bupparanch

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

you're missing out if you dont watch jahs streams

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
He was ripping American Spirits the other night, but I hosed up the screenshot.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Happy sober-versary Seth :toot:

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Jah: You got sober on 420?

Seth: Yup.

Jah: You loving rear end in a top hat.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Incredible emotional whiplash for Seth at the start of 854

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GraPar posted:

Incredible emotional whiplash for Seth at the start of 854

I've been to three movie theaters in my city in the six years I've lived here. Two are closed and the third is in a mall which is in super-rough shape so yeah. One of the closed theaters is apparently getting purchased and re-opened by a local film group though!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Lace was your girl, but Ice was your man

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I’ve finally started my Bosch watch. 3 eps in and I’m on board for the whole series. They were right about the theme song though, it is so so so bad. Sounds like someone played a tape recorder far away from a mic and used that as the sound for the song.

Help me out here. My friend says that Seth hates Bosch, or at least used to really hate it. Is there any truth to this? I can maybe remember Seth ripping on Bosch existing, instead of all their hopes and dreams for making it Hollywood, but did that eventually turn into love?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It wouldn't surprise me if, as with BREAKING BAD, Seth just hated it for arbitrary reasons without having seen it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Seth only likes transformers.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

hating things but being unable to stop watching them is so relatable

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I always gathered that Seth liked Bosch

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
$etherium

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

336, Aug. 22, 2012
[Jonathan abruptly returns to the subject of unusual suicides raised much earlier in the episode with the story of a passenger who leapt to his death from a helicopter touring the Grand Canyon]
J: I'm just thinking about that dude that dipped out, is there any way that you could kill yourself, without hurting anybody's feelings? [...]
S: No, you'd have to be like just, the person, like Donald Trump could kill himself and people would be like, "Oh! Awesome!" [...] If you woke up and someone was like, "Donald Trump killed himself," it would be like, such a joyous expression of everything that this nation has to offer. People could just like, finally breathe.
J: It got to him finally.
S: It did it. It got him.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

857: Jonathan semi-seriously suggests that smoking 2 packs a day might better because it creates a “tar wall” in your lungs, protecting them from the harm a casual smoker receives. Seth does not agree

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jonathan doesn’t have all the answers, but he’s asking the right questions.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

In my experience everyone who smokes, including myself before I quit, believed in some version of that theory to some extent.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Ep 623 about 8 mins in Jah explains that Mom and Pops bought him a Nintendo Switch for Christmas with Breath of the Wild.

Seth immediately makes fun of him for being a bearded 8 year old

Jah: "I have seen the sunrise more times than when I was doing cocaine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Ep 623 about 8 mins in Jah explains that Mom and Pops bought him a Nintendo Switch for Christmas with Breath of the Wild.

I forget, does this come before or after "...I've been watching so much anime."