Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looking through the replies to redbard, apparently that could be a yahoo account generating a default avatar due to not displaying gmail images properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's great to see people on Twitter and Reddit already focusing on the Yahoo mail stuff and "this isn't how he talks" instead of the actual content of the document.

Good going, all. Keeping it real.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That's his email picture on yahoo of all things. I took this like 5 minutes ago from when I talked to him before.

I really don't believe it as whenever he types it's full grammar and straight to the point. Really nothing like what those messages are.Also the getting hung up on the yahoo thing makes sense as if it's fake then it calls everything into question :shrug:

E: Oh there *is* more. I only saw the emails when I was trying to look into it.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Speaking as someone who only very rarely writes differently in different contexts, the "he doesn't normally write like this so it must be fake" is a loving incredible dodge.

The subreddit mod saying the audio must be spliced is only a single shade more respectable than screaming, "Deep fake!"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The reddit moderators immediately shutting down discussion of the issue seems like a comically poor approach to the situation no matter which way you slice it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Listening to the audio and man I have no idea. It doesn't really sound like him through all the distortions minus one part. I'll just sit on it and hope that he's innocent- but if he isn't then drat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean fact is 99% of the time in these sorts of cases theres no silver bullet or anything, what we have now is probably all were ever gonna get.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

If I had a nickel for every time I found out that a rock star/online video game content creator whose stuff I watched sporadically was a sex bad in the last month, I'd have ten cents. It's not a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
This thread is 120 pages long with scores of examples. It is not even remotely weird that two creators you vaguely like are awful people.

It is shockingly commonplace.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

graventy posted:

This thread is 120 pages long with scores of examples. It is not even remotely weird that two creators you vaguely like are awful people.

It is shockingly commonplace.

Could you please post those examples? Like I'm not doubting you but I'm scrolling through and I can't find anything other than arguing about the validity of the claims.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, I watch Vinny a lot but I know nothing at all about his personal life and I kinda like it that way. This, whatever this is, seems suspicious as hell though and I don't know that I'd take it at face value. We're not talking about a Ninja-level Twitch Superstar who can keep that many people quiet, hell he's not even really Grumps-level. If there were anything on the guy that's been going on that long with that many people we'd know about it now.

Basically what I'm saying is, like any "conspiracy theory" involving that many people isn't going to be kept silent for that long over that many years. Hell, the Dan Avidan accusations were floating around before it blew up recently, there was apparently a whole drat play made about it. It was just downplayed because Game Grumps has a huge fanbase willing to defend them, and lawyers and money, etc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, I watch Vinny a lot but I know nothing at all about his personal life and I kinda like it that way. This, whatever this is, seems suspicious as hell though and I don't know that I'd take it at face value. We're not talking about a Ninja-level Twitch Superstar who can keep that many people quiet, hell he's not even really Grumps-level. If there were anything on the guy that's been going on that long with that many people we'd know about it now.

Basically what I'm saying is, like any "conspiracy theory" involving that many people isn't going to be kept silent for that long over that many years. Hell, the Dan Avidan accusations were floating around before it blew up recently, there was apparently a whole drat play made about it. It was just downplayed because Game Grumps has a huge fanbase willing to defend them, and lawyers and money, etc.

Yeah...I'm not blaming victims by any means but as someone who watches a lot of Vinesauce there needs to be more evidence than just those emails or recordings because they're sketch as gently caress. If anyone has any other accusations or evidence please post it. There's also the fact that when these things come out they've almost always been open secrets for years, but Vinny has always been extremely clean specifically because he keeps real life interactions to a minimum.

EDIT: If this is an April fool's joke it's in extremely bad taste.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 3, 2021

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I read through some of that transcript and he namedrops Ross O'Donovan and Dan Avidan in like a single paragraph. Yeah... nah! Probably not!

Seriously that reads like a fanfic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Yeah...I'm not blaming victims by any means but as someone who watches a lot of Vinesauce there needs to be more evidence than just those emails or recordings because they're sketch as gently caress. If anyone has any other accusations or evidence please post it. There's also the fact that when these things come out they've almost always been open secrets for years, but Vinny has always been extremely clean specifically because he keeps real life interactions to a minimum.

EDIT: If this is an April fool's joke it's in extremely bad taste.

I mean there's people in the twitter replies saying they don't know about these specific cases but that they're aware of people who have had similar experiences with Vinny and think the accutations match up. Like, I don't think those other allegations go beyond "the dude's acted scummy with some of his fans" but even if that doc is totally faked it seems some fans have had bad experiences with the guy.

Also, even if this whole thing is fake and slander it's not an April fool's joke. Like, c'mon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean there's people in the twitter replies saying they don't know about these specific cases but that they're aware of people who have had similar experiences with Vinny and think the accutations match up. Like, I don't think those other allegations go beyond "the dude's acted scummy with some of his fans" but even if that doc is totally faked it seems some fans have had bad experiences with the guy.

Also, even if this whole thing is fake and slander it's not an April fool's joke. Like, c'mon.

The only one I saw claiming that was Red Bard. Could you post the others?

EDIT: By the way I saw a lot of people claiming the Dan accusations were fake. I haven't been keeping up with those since I've never watched Gamegrumps, are those just butthurt fans or was there some sort of credible debunk?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Red Bard's the one i saw in the replies but they've retweeted a couple things about it from others.

https://twitter.com/RedBardIsCool

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Red Bard's the one i saw in the replies but they've retweeted a couple things about it from others.

https://twitter.com/RedBardIsCool

https://twitter.com/Charoncaori/status/1378128612101132290?s=20

https://twitter.com/infitanixx/status/1378139758744977418?s=20

Yep these seem pretty damning. Doesn’t sound like anything illegal went down but it’s very scummy. Now to wait for a statement from Vinny.

I still think the original accusation is fake as hell though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 3, 2021

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
welp there's still joel at least

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean there are plenty of parasocial streaming buddies that don't gently caress their fans, but maybe just assume if they're not married that there could be some shady poo poo going on behind the scenes. Then determine how much you, personally, care about it and go from there.

That's all I got :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know that them being married is much of an impediment.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

I mean there are plenty of parasocial streaming buddies that don't gently caress their fans, but maybe just assume if they're not married that there could be some shady poo poo going on behind the scenes. Then determine how much you, personally, care about it and go from there.

That's all I got :shrug:

lol

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Then just always assume there's some shady poo poo going on behind the scenes, and determine how much you personally care about it.

That is all I got.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel like if someone was going to make a fake accusation, it would be something worse than "uses e-celebrity status to sleep with fans". I can't imagine someone would put that much effort in a fake accusation that doesn't go beyond "he's a horny creep".

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It looks like the original accusation is fake but there's a bunch of actual poo poo floating out now that makes him look like a creep, the redbard retweets especially

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Apparently someone named Joowiz or something on 4chan is behind the accusation from what I've been reading and it's from his discord. :effort:

Dunno what to really make of it considering a few other posts have come up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Apparently someone named Joowiz or something on 4chan is behind the accusation from what I've been reading and it's from his discord. :effort:

Dunno what to really make of it considering a few other posts have come up.

The accusation from the former mod is much more credible but there is still a lot of this that is weird, really just waiting for a statement at this point.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

There's a pinned thread on r/Vinesauce. Looking more and more likely that this thing originated from 4chan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man it's not been a great time for guys I follow lately. I enjoyed grumps occasionally and just started watching some of vinny's stuff with his bugsnax run and blaster master zero videos a few weeks ago. gently caress's sake, guys.

King Vidiot posted:

Then just always assume there's some shady poo poo going on behind the scenes, and determine how much you personally care about it.

That is all I got.
the only one that would absolutely destroy me is something horrific coming out about Day9. But he has his precious kitty babies and his loving wife and his dog cece boneyes(because she gives you this specific ridiculous look when she's chewing on a bone) so I'm going to go with he's managed to thread the needle of "not being a sexpest creeper" that seems to be the highest of bars for content creators these days

him, the non-intern giant bomb guys, and woolie and pat from castle superbeast seem to be good eggs all around at least.

there, I think those are all the ones that I would be utterly annihilated by if they were exposed as ein sexmonsters

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Vinny's hitting me pretty hard, not going to lie. I've been listening to him more or less constantly in the background and it's helped me through some tough times recently.
But yeah. The old Super Best Friends may be assholes with brain goblins at times, but they at least seem pretty good people, if nuts.

Vinny though, yeesh. Is there anyone like him who isn't a monster? He was one of the few solo LPers I could watch and be entertained by and his sense of humor and taste in games was also very much akin to my own.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There's more.

https://twitter.com/alyssa_falcone/status/1378167461602807808

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm hearing poo poo about gpm being involved, which if he is lol gpm is a genuine scumbag who got kicked out of vinesauce for stealing charity money and regularly streams with groomers

Both mandalore and shammy appear to have undone their retweets and issued an apology, which is weird. They were both early rters

https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/1378221233536446465?s=20

https://twitter.com/ShammyTV/status/1378228319120986117?s=20

This whole fiasco is loving bizarre

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RatHat posted:

The accusation from the former mod is much more credible but there is still a lot of this that is weird, really just waiting for a statement at this point.

Doing this at the moment as a lot of accusations that have shown up are using his heavily moderated email that multiple mods can see (or) have something really wrong about them that people have noticed tampering on. The fact there *is* a group trying to throw him in the toilet makes me wary to believe anything.

Just gonna wait because my lizard brain has no idea how to process it.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
gee, as a parent it's almost like I don't want my kids interacting with any part of gaming culture that features adults because it seems like for SOME reason, a good chunk of the grown rear end adults that want to spend their time online forging gaming-based relationships with younger fans don't have good intentions!

my kids will have flip phones and internet access in common areas only until they are 19 and living in their own apartments.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cabbages and Kings posted:

gee, as a parent it's almost like I don't want my kids interacting with any part of gaming culture that features adults because it seems like for SOME reason, a good chunk of the grown rear end adults that want to spend their time online forging gaming-based relationships with younger fans don't have good intentions!

my kids will have flip phones and internet access in common areas only until they are 19 and living in their own apartments.

One, no way you're accomplishing that; two, like, you can try to educate them. Be aware of what media they're consuming and make sure it's appropriate, also talk to them about what to do if an older person suggests anything to them. It's 2021, not even the Amish survive without Internet.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Dias posted:

One, no way you're accomplishing that; two, like, you can try to educate them. Be aware of what media they're consuming and make sure it's appropriate, also talk to them about what to do if an older person suggests anything to them. It's 2021, not even the Amish survive without Internet.

Yeah, forbidding them from any of this just makes them even more vulnerable to it when they keep what they do online from their parents, which they absolutely would do.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

RatHat posted:

Could you please post those examples? Like I'm not doubting you but I'm scrolling through and I can't find anything other than arguing about the validity of the claims.
Check the OP.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

This in particular from a (former?) mod for Vinny's streams.

https://twitter.com/Charoncaori/status/1378128612101132290

(more in the thread and their subsequent tweets - not gonna embed it all here)

Another tweet from that same person posted:

Other stories I have aren't my place to share, but I don't know anyone in that google doc, was not made aware of the google doc beforehand or after it came out until I saw the twitter trending tags, and the behavior in the doc is familiar enough that I believe what I've read.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I have to raise an eyebrow whenever someone goes "not gonna take questions about it or provide further details, just trust me on this one fam."

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I have to raise an eyebrow whenever someone goes "not gonna take questions about it or provide further details, just trust me on this one fam."

Oh really, why's that? Could you spell it out for us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ErrEff posted:

This in particular from a (former?) mod for Vinny's streams.

https://twitter.com/Charoncaori/status/1378128612101132290

(more in the thread and their subsequent tweets - not gonna embed it all here)

Supposedly that's the person connected to GPM who Grapplejack talked about a few posts up.