Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

josh04 posted:

From Blake:

When I had my Defiance given
The Sun stood trembling in heaven
The Moon that glow'd remote below
Became leprous & white as snow
And every Soul of men on the Earth
Felt affliction & sorrow & sickness & dearth
Los flam'd in my path & the Sun was hot
With the bows of my Mind & the Arrows of Thought
My bowstring fierce with Ardour breathes
My arrows glow in their golden sheaves
My brothers & father march before
The heavens drop with human gore

Now I a fourfold vision see
And a fourfold vision is given to me
Tis fourfold in my supreme delight
And three fold in soft Beulah's night
And twofold Always. May God us keep
From single vision & Newton's sleep.

blake's marvel though

Alexander Hamilton posted:

They defeat Steppenwolf with their own Unity, though.
they stamped unity on his head for at least a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

I can't imagine Desaad saying "please."

I can, in a "bitch please" kind of way

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I watched Justice is Gray. I think I prefer the color version but that was an interesting experience.

AccountSupervisor posted:

Desaad being like "I fuckin told you dude, that guy suuuucked" and Darkseids "yeah yeah yeah I know" crack me up.

...poor guy. He won until Flash speed force BS took it away.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

obviously they deleted this line because that scene takes place after the apocalypse, so batman and joker in fact don't live in a society

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bongo Bill posted:

I mean he's definitely begged Darkseid for his life on multiple occasions, sometimes successfully.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Augus posted:

obviously they deleted this line because that scene takes place after the apocalypse, so batman and joker in fact don't live in a society

Hack Snyder doesn't even understand his own story!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Stepphenwolf: That's it? After 100,000 conqurered planets it's 'hurry up and find the third one please'?
Desaad: I don't recall saying please

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Augus posted:

That exchange was really stuffed with "anyway" and "by the way" and besides" so it's better that it was cut down a bit

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

multijoe posted:

Stepphenwolf: That's it? After 100,000 conqurered planets it's 'hurry up and find the third one please'?
Desaad: I don't recall saying please

C'mon Desaad, you know what this is......

It's ANTI-LIFE!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Even Steppenwolf gets it!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Martman posted:

C'mon Desaad, you know what this is......

It's ANTI-LIFE!

Oh great now they got the Icelandic girl out here singing! I hope you’re happy!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Immediately compelled to make this

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

josh04 posted:

Immediately compelled to make this

We need to get Juice One to make an edit of Cyborg listening to it on the recorder.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I'd just like to say that one of my favorite things about this movie is Aquaman having a Polk County, Iowa accent.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Joker referring to the future setting as a “society” does kind of lend support to the interpretation that the Bad Future isn’t quite a conventional post-apocalypse, but more like a Land of the Dead type scenario.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes sense, Darkseid isn't interested in wiping out life when he can control it, though the survivors may envy the dead.

It's not like post-apocalyptic 'the heroes lost' worlds don't have a rich history with wildly varying quality; see Age of Apocalypse, Old Man Logan, Days of Future Past... lots of X-Men ones come to think of it. Marvel Zombies for a more general one. There was a Superman/Batman comic I remember about an alt future where Grodd had taken over the world, which turned out to be a simulation. Then there was Flashpoint.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's not like post-apocalyptic 'the heroes lost' worlds don't have a rich history with wildly varying quality; see Age of Apocalypse, Old Man Logan, Days of Future Past... lots of X-Men ones come to think of it.

That was hilarious what they did with the last few X-Men movies. We spend an entire film trying to undo the horrible events of the future where mutants are captured, sent to concentration camps to be enslaved or murdered.

And then in Logan they just die out. After what, twenty years? The whole species goes extinct.

They would have had a better survival rate from staying in the original distant lovely future fighting for their freedom than fizzling out like chumps. Logan made all the struggles in Days of Future Past completely pointless.

White Light fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 3, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Parrotine posted:

That was hilarious what they did with the last few X-Men movies. We spend an entire film trying to undo the horrible events of the future where mutants are captured, sent to concentration camps to be enslaved or murdered.

And then in Logan they just die out. After what, twenty years? The whole species goes extinct.

They would have had a better survival rate from staying in the original distant lovely future fighting for their freedom than fizzling out like chumps. Logan made all the struggles in Days of Future Past completely pointless.

It's a bit easy to miss but they mention that they put a genetically engineered strain of corn syrup in food that neutralises the X-gene, and by the time anyone noticed mutant birthrates had plummeted. While the timelines are of course vague, this presumably is a countermeasure put into practice after the Sentinel program was retroactively cancelled.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Huh, I should try and look for that detail next time it shows up on my streaming programs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's also strongly implied America's become such a shithole, especially in particular to mutants, that merely being a mutant is sufficient status to apply for asylum in Canada. gently caress, the movie is literally about unaccompanied children travelling north to cross the border.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just want to trundle in here to say this is my favorite Batman again. Make no mistake.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Adam West will always be the best, but Affleck does a good job of exceeding expectations after his turn as Daredevil

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
top half face masks rarely work irl
the whole costume is fine until you have to squeeze someone's face in leather

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Watching aqua man finally and wow this film is just bonkers. It makes no sense and is a mess but I’m totally on board with how it’s just goes all in on as being as imaginative as possible.

Now there’s dinosaurs!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

top half face masks rarely work irl
the whole costume is fine until you have to squeeze someone's face in leather

It's definitely one of the cases where "comic book outfits are body paint, not spandex/rubber" becomes super apparent

I remember liking the Daredevil movie, angsty training montage aside. I'm sure I'd have a different opinion if I watched it again now.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
BvS: Frank Miller Batman
ZSJL: Grant Morrison Batman

Ben Affleck is the GOAT Batman. He's so, so much better as the inspiring team leader in ZSJL than schlubby slowpoke dipshit in whatever that other thing was.

Watching MoS the other night, the scene with the priest and Superman: "Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith."

ZSJL: "Faith, Alfred! Faith!" >hops over to the transport<

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

It's definitely one of the cases where "comic book outfits are body paint, not spandex/rubber" becomes super apparent

I remember liking the Daredevil movie, angsty training montage aside. I'm sure I'd have a different opinion if I watched it again now.

colin farrell's sleazy bullseye is fun, duncan's good as kingpin and it's a very 2000s time capsule that i enjoy for that reason, evanescense inlcuded

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

colin farrell's sleazy bullseye is fun, duncan's good as kingpin and it's a very 2000s time capsule that i enjoy for that reason, evanescense inlcuded

I agree except about all but the Evanescense being consistently that high and loud is like nails on a chalkboard.

Also, Bullseye's expert marksmanship was legitimately fun; it's disappointing that wasn't carried over to Hawkeye to make him more interesting, but oh well.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I really like Duncan's evil Michael Jordan in Daredevil. But the film doesn't really deal with the dynamic of an Irish superhero trying to beat up the rich Black guy in charge of what used to be a pretty white neighborhood.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I saw Daredevil in theater and bought the DVD (shaddup), and the Evanescence song wasn't in the theatrical version.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I saw Daredevil in theater and bought the DVD (shaddup), and the Evanescence song wasn't in the theatrical version.
I think it would be more appropriate to tell things like this to your therapist, we can't give you the help you need

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Martman posted:

I think it would be more appropriate to tell things like this to your therapist, we can't give you the help you need

sounds like they need someone to wake them up inside

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Fwiw Evanescence had no say over the white goober that has a 10 second rap and just says WAKE ME UP CANT WAKE UP through the song. Lol.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That song alone probably set them up for life. I’m sure they’re fine with it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I went and saw Affleck's Dare Devil during a period when I was extremely depressed and seriously considering suicide. I decided to be more outgoing and try to have more friends. A group of casual friends we going to see it and I went with them. After the movie I used the bathroom, as you do, and when I came out they had all forgotten I was there and left.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

I only saw it in the theater and, my man, I think there were TWO Evanescence songs in the movie

Friend I saw it with went out and bought their CD as soon as he could

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hmm. It's been just about twenty years but I do remember that there was some discrepancy between a song being different between the theatrical and home release.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

I only saw it in the theater and, my man, I think there were TWO Evanescence songs in the movie

Friend I saw it with went out and bought their CD as soon as he could

There definitely were multiple songs. I remember some apartment thing with Elektra and something outside.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
A rewatch of this movie really underscores what an incredibly bad idea resurrecting Superman was. Like, the power trio of Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman definitely could have just beaten Steppenwolf toe-to-toe and that would've been the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cyborg still needed Superman's strength to pull apart the mother boxes. And it didn't look like Superman did it effortlessly.