Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

inferis posted:

there’s also probably a lot of questions that don’t really have a question

There’s a lot of implied “am I good”s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wish they would take regular questions instead of goofy rear end poo poo that probably didn't happen. I know that doesn't lend well to comedy but I want them to come up with advice for more mundane poo poo again damnit

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

yeah actually they will posted:

I have a theory that every raccoon is the ghost of a Confederate Civil War hero.
this was loving dire to witness in person and I'm angry that you made me remember it

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stroop There It Is posted:

this was loving dire to witness in person and I'm angry that you made me remember it

i have a question, more of a comment really: i have a podcast

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I’m p. sure I was at that one too (or maybe it was the year before) and blocked it out of my mind

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish they would take regular questions instead of goofy rear end poo poo that probably didn't happen
The pumpkin in the tub seemed a little suspect but it was the most I've laughed at the show in a while

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

i have a question, more of a comment really: i have a podcast
gently caress THAT DUDE TOO

Ok Comboomer posted:

I’m p. sure I was at that one too (or maybe it was the year before) and blocked it out of my mind
lol I wouldn't blame you

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish they would take regular questions instead of goofy rear end poo poo that probably didn't happen. I know that doesn't lend well to comedy but I want them to come up with advice for more mundane poo poo again damnit

I definitely enjoy the brand of MBMBaM when they offer fairly normal advice interspersed with funny jokes

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

gently caress THAT DUDE TOO

lol I wouldn't blame you

I think all three of us were at this show lol

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think all three of us were at this show lol

let’s start a podcast
:wrongcity:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have a theory that every raccoon is the ghost of a Confederate Civil War hero.

I gather this was a "question" at a live show? was this finally what made them change formats?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

AndrewP posted:

I gather this was a "question" at a live show? was this finally what made them change formats?
Yes and it certainly contributed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i'm a little bummed that "bone down hard" never became a thing like they said it would but what can you do

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

AndrewP posted:

that and people generally being shy/starstruck/slow/unfunny and ruining the energy, people trying to hijack the moment for their own bullshit (like to pimp their own podcast), and people roping the brothers and audience into their wedding proposals which super duper sucks

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Yes and it certainly contributed.

For how good Bone Folders was, I'm amazed at how awful some the other questions were on this one. The McElroys are a land of contrasts.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I don't mind the non-questions as long as they get a good response. "Raw Fettucine*" and the "Sock Aisle" stories were pretty great examples. But yeah, there are a whole lot of "whoa hey check out my wacky friend!" stories that are just total mood vacuums.

*I'll always love Travis' deadpan "you're a monster" line.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My live show proposal is that when it is safe to do live shows again they should get Jon Gabrus as a special guest, so that he can bully all the bad question-askers.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Srice posted:

My live show proposal is that when it is safe to do live shows again they should get Jon Gabrus as a special guest, so that he can bully all the bad question-askers.

Wow, if they really want to alienate the “no bummers” contingent, that would certainly be a way to do it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If any of the Action Boyz said a word to the average McElroy fan they would turn into dust and blow away

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I was initially really annoyed that Justin pulled a bait and switch promising to get Munch Squad out of the way early this week only to pull out a second one after the ad break...

And then it got to the pumpkin in the tub and I just get it now. This is what he was talking about last week

Despite that I actually really liked this episode a lot

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The ghost statement wasn't too bad, but oof the followup one.

Speaking of civil war ghosts, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAZJVkelgcg.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbQS1ExSeBQ

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Srice posted:

Gabrus is way too cool for the mcelroys, you listen to the poo poo he gives mike Mitchell, Travis would be crying by the end of it

I would pay good money to see them on a power hour with gabrus

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 3, 2021

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If any of the Action Boyz said a word to the average McElroy fan they would turn into dust and blow away

At the live show, a person was accidentally sitting in my seat and I feel like I almost gave them a panic attack by politely asking if they might have misread their ticket (they did, btw)

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I'm not gonna make anyone listen to the latest Besties that is only Russ and Justin if they don't want to. But you might have missed out on the revelation that Justin's dog (which he hates) in Monster Hunter is called Woofa Doofa.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Sivart13 posted:

I'm not gonna make anyone listen to the latest Besties that is only Russ and Justin if they don't want to. But you might have missed out on the revelation that Justin's dog (which he hates) in Monster Hunter is called Woofa Doofa.

Thank you for this.

I'll be honest any podcast that features Griffin that suddenly takes Griffin away makes me not want to listen until he is returned safely.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I listened to that episode hoping it would be full of Justin dunking on Monster Hunter and was disappointed to hear he enjoyed it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AndrewP posted:

I listened to that episode hoping it would be full of Justin dunking on Monster Hunter and was disappointed to hear he enjoyed it

Do people not like monster hunter?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
broadly speaking people love monster hunter

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
monster hunter rules

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

if you played monster hunter before world and didn’t have a friend who pushed you into it and held your hand you hated it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
that's true but that's because only true gamers of honor had the guts for the old stuff

i'm very happy with the improvments though

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

eh most people seem to love it except me, but it's just because it's not the game I wish it was.

"monster hunting" is a great idea but they bury it in a million menus and complicated mechanics (which is why people love it I know)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

inferis posted:

if you played monster hunter before world and didn’t have a friend who pushed you into it and held your hand you hated it
I liked prep work and paintballs actually

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

I liked prep work and paintballs actually

Agreed, they’ve taken a little more of the hunting part out of it than I would like but I’m glad more people are playing it now.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/j_mcelro...ingawful.com%2F

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

AndrewP posted:

eh most people seem to love it except me, but it's just because it's not the game I wish it was.

"monster hunting" is a great idea but they bury it in a million menus and complicated mechanics (which is why people love it I know)

Horizon Zero Dawn might be the game you're looking for!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn might be the game you're looking for!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I forgot about Canadian Justin McElroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I bet he got real into welding instead of woodworking