Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Skwirl posted:

He cools everything down to absolute zero.

yeah he makes heat energy disappear from the system of the universe, that isn't good tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah he makes heat energy disappear from the system of the universe, that isn't good tbh

I'm not saying he should do it, I'm just saying he could if he wanted to.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What is his real power is he diverts heat from our universe's system into a different universe's system, and in short he is causing global warming on an alternate earth?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He sends it into the local shared matter-energy holding pocket so that someone else can shoot it out of their hands later. It's all kept in balance by the cosmic anthropomorphic personification of double entry book keeping.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

marshmallow creep posted:

What is his real power is he diverts heat from our universe's system into a different universe's system, and in short he is causing global warming on an alternate earth?

He makes things cold. His name is Iceman for fucks sake.

Also he can just become water and make golems, because, sure why the gently caress not?

He is probably the most broken X-Men member and that includes the ones who can disrupt reality.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 3, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, he's not, uh .... Heat Transfer Man

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah, he's not, uh .... Heat Transfer Man

No, he doesn't transfer energy to anything, he just stops it.

"Oh, those are a bunch of molecules moving around, shame if anyone stopped them."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

He is called that because it is what we can observe in this reality. In another reality he is called the Hot Death and their world is dying!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think ice can cool things down to absolute zero

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i also don't think jubilee can split atoms and destroy the universe with infinite atomic bombs or whatever the gently caress people thought

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Amusing Bobby Drake movie trivia I didn't realize until just now: the actor that played Bobby Drake/Iceman in the X-Men films, Shawn Ashmore, also played Lamplighter in Netflix's The Boys, who has fire manipulation powers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

i don't think ice can cool things down to absolute zero

He absolutely can, he just doesn't because that also generally involves committing a bunch of murders. Even if he wasn't trying to cause the heat death of the universe, reducing temperature to absolute zero in a local area would kill any humans in that area pretty quick.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mmm, no i don't think ice can do that. the ice cubes in my freezer can't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

i also don't think jubilee can split atoms and destroy the universe with infinite atomic bombs or whatever the gently caress people thought

Jubilee might be able to do that, but hasn't yet. Ice Man has reduced a localized temperature to absolute zero.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Alaois posted:

mmm, no i don't think ice can do that. the ice cubes in my freezer can't.

Well yeah, they're not men.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The Flanderization of Bobby Drake's dumb ice powers is almost as bad as the Flanderization of Reed Richards dumb super-intelligence.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best part of Reed's super intelligence is that his daughter is just that much smarter.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Flesh Forge posted:

Amusing Bobby Drake movie trivia I didn't realize until just now: the actor that played Bobby Drake/Iceman in the X-Men films, Shawn Ashmore, also played Lamplighter in Netflix's The Boys, who has fire manipulation powers.

No way that was coincidence.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

jng2058 posted:

No way that was coincidence.

Hold up, wait a second....

Are you saying WandaVision hiring the Quicksilver from X-Men may not have been a coincidence

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

site posted:

Hold up, wait a second....

Are you saying WandaVision hiring the Quicksilver from X-Men may not have been a coincidence

Nah, apparently that one WAS. :rolleyes:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wet rear end Speedster

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm sure everybody knew that but me, my entire life is like this I know

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ice man can shoot ice. That's it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Ice man can shoot ice. That's it.

its all right there in his name!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's a dumb carryover from when they tried to make every mutant a potential world ender because that's what kids are into right, they like characters that are walking time bombs

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's a dumb carryover from when they tried to make every mutant a potential world ender because that's what kids are into right, they like characters that are walking time bombs

It's just the natural evolution of a character who's been around for nearly sixty years now. Angel? Went blue and got metal wings. Beast? Also went blue, keeps getting new characterizations and a hosed up evil version who escaped from AoA. Marvel Girl? Got cosmic power and made dying and being reborn literally her gimmick. Refuse to call her Phoenix at your peril. Hell, even Cyclops got some subtle power ups, like losing the need to power up from sunlight and ever running out of power. By comparison Iceman going from "shoots ice" to "shoots ice REALLY WELL" is a pretty modest upgrade.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

jng2058 posted:

losing the need to power up from sunlight and ever running out of power
So Cyclops used to be Birdman?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

jng2058 posted:

It's just the natural evolution of a character who's been around for nearly sixty years now. Angel? Went blue and got metal wings. Beast? Also went blue, keeps getting new characterizations and a hosed up evil version who escaped from AoA. Marvel Girl? Got cosmic power and made dying and being reborn literally her gimmick. Refuse to call her Phoenix at your peril. Hell, even Cyclops got some subtle power ups, like losing the need to power up from sunlight and ever running out of power. By comparison Iceman going from "shoots ice" to "shoots ice REALLY WELL" is a pretty modest upgrade.

Iceman can cause the heat death of the universe, if he wanted to. Also can teleport if there's water.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

site posted:

Wet rear end Speedster

you're thinking of the Whizzer

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

jng2058 posted:

Beast? Also went blue, keeps getting new characterizations and a hosed up evil darker blue version who escaped from AoA.

Lets be real, Beast was already hosed up and evil.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Was Jubilee one of the 'she could destroy the world' mutants at one point?

I only ask because like everybody could be at one point. "One day Skin could COVER THE ENTIRE EARTH IN HIS SKIN."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Dawgstar posted:

I only ask because like everybody could be at one point. "One day Skin could COVER THE ENTIRE EARTH IN HIS SKIN."

The only X member this doesn't apply to is Beak. I mean, even Cypher could like.. figure out the Marvel equivalent of the Anti-Life Equation. But Beak?

"Oh god he's so terrible and ugly everyone is dying of laughter."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

John Dyne posted:

The only X member this doesn't apply to is Beak. I mean, even Cypher could like.. figure out the Marvel equivalent of the Anti-Life Equation. But Beak?

He's Omega-level ugly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's so drat ugly that Eternity takes one look at him and goes "I'm done, peace" and everything ends.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

John Dyne posted:

Beak is so good at making friends that he'd just ask really nicely and have one of the other omega threats do it.

Omega level charisma powers yo

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Beak is cool and his power is being a good dad. So I guess the extrapolation here would be that he could solve any problem by I don't know, wrapping a bungee cord around it or duct taping it to something else and clapping his hands on his jeans and saying "welp, that'll do for now. Ok, let's boogie, people."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

How Wonderful! posted:

Beak is cool and his power is being a good dad. So I guess the extrapolation here would be that he could solve any problem by I don't know, wrapping a bungee cord around it or duct taping it to something else and clapping his hands on his jeans and saying "welp, that'll do for now. Ok, let's boogie, people."

You're very close but the activation phrase for the incantation is "Well, that's not going anywhere"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He will tell the dad joke at the end of time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If Cyclops opens his eyes wide enough, the entire punchlaser dimension will come over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hmm idea, rogue + eye boy + cyclops