Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

hbag posted:

NZBget on the pi (Raspbian), Sonarr on the windows machine (has the pi mounted as a WebDAV drive)

If I can make a suggestion here, move your download mechanisms to your windows machine and your automations stay on the PI.

I'd also recommend dockerizing them so you don't have to deal with system dependency bullshit. Don't let sonarr radarr managed the files, let NZBget do it on the windows box.

You've got a complicated setup here and it's kind of scotch taped together (not your fault!).

Simplify. Wherever you want your downloads to end up is where your downloader should be.

Ideally you'd run everything on a Linux host dockerized and keep your system clean. Maybe you have an old machine you can set up for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
In your Sonarr configuration, have you entered details about your NZBGet instance, such as it's IP, u/p, download folder etc.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Matt Zerella posted:

If I can make a suggestion here, move your download mechanisms to your windows machine and your automations stay on the PI.

I'd also recommend dockerizing them so you don't have to deal with system dependency bullshit. Don't let sonarr radarr managed the files, let NZBget do it on the windows box.

You've got a complicated setup here and it's kind of scotch taped together (not your fault!).

Simplify. Wherever you want your downloads to end up is where your downloader should be.

Ideally you'd run everything on a Linux host dockerized and keep your system clean. Maybe you have an old machine you can set up for this?
I would, but, again, I don't want to leave my PC constantly running 24/7, and some of these files are quite large. The reason the download clients are on the Pi is because that's low-power and I can leave it running for months on end with little to no issues.

Rooted Vegetable posted:

In your Sonarr configuration, have you entered details about your NZBGet instance, such as it's IP, u/p, download folder etc.
Yes, otherwise it wouldn't be able to download in the first place.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Sorry if I missed it, but why WebDAV of all things? I can't imagine that being anything but horrible for any use that isn't transferring complete files over an internet connection.

It may not be related to your problem, but it is going to drastically limit how many people are capable of helping you work with it.

If there is not some really weird requirement in play you should definitely use Samba for local network shares being accessed by Windows machines.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wolrah posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but why WebDAV of all things? I can't imagine that being anything but horrible for any use that isn't transferring complete files over an internet connection.

It may not be related to your problem, but it is going to drastically limit how many people are capable of helping you work with it.

If there is not some really weird requirement in play you should definitely use Samba for local network shares being accessed by Windows machines.

I'm using webDAV because for Sonarr's remote path mapping to work, it needs a local path that... has access to the remote files, apparently. So, if I mount it as a WebDAV drive, it has a local path to the remote files, and can import them via that.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

think i've discovered my current issue, mountain duck isnt syncing files for some reason so im gonna work on fixing that

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You can use many protocols to connect remote drives, the ones that are better than WebDAV are Samba, NFS and maybe even SSHFS. The process of mounting a Samba drive is very similar to a WebDAV one but with a better protocol.

https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/samba-windows-linux

Specifically, look at the sections about hosting a Linux share and accessing it from a Windows client with a drive mapping. I don't know if this will fix any problems you're having but it's definitely possible the webdav connection has some problems, the drive having 8 EB of space is also an indicator.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

You can use many protocols to connect remote drives, the ones that are better than WebDAV are Samba, NFS and maybe even SSHFS. The process of mounting a Samba drive is very similar to a WebDAV one but with a better protocol.

https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/samba-windows-linux

Specifically, look at the sections about hosting a Linux share and accessing it from a Windows client with a drive mapping. I don't know if this will fix any problems you're having but it's definitely possible the webdav connection has some problems, the drive having 8 EB of space is also an indicator.

i'll give that a look
for now restarting mountain duck seems to have fixed it, it'll do until i get that poo poo sorted

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Can't help you here. You're also now mixing mountain duck into the mix as well

My suggestion, like others have said, is to start with a typical configuration on a single machine and get it working. Once you understand it better you'll can try abstracting between machines (if you must, I also don't see a good reason too).

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

Can't help you here. You're also now mixing mountain duck into the mix as well

My suggestion, like others have said, is to start with a typical configuration on a single machine and get it working. Once you understand it better you'll can try abstracting between machines (if you must, I also don't see a good reason too).

im using mountain duck because windows' built in webdav functionality sucks poo poo
and, again, i'm not going to leave my pc running 24/7

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

hbag posted:

im using mountain duck because windows' built in webdav functionality sucks poo poo

Can you just run everything on a raspi and then watch via plex or something?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

hbag posted:

A) Webdav sucks poo poo period, which is why people are saying to look at smb/CIFS.
B) No one is saying 24/7/365 but rather get a simple system going then expand it out when you know WTF you're doing.
C) What you are doing doesn't make any sense anyway unless you're on dialup. Sonarr is on your PC that isn't on 24/7 as you've said 237948 times. So you have a 6 hour window where things are going to be going to nzbget. Where 8-11 minutes later it'll be done. the other 18 hours the Pi isn't going to be looking for anything because it's not geting any instructions. So why is nzbdget and sonarr not on the same machine? If both were on Windows you'd get the files. If both were on Pi you'd get the files. And in no case would you be loving around with Webdav.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Slimy Hog posted:

Can you just run everything on a raspi and then watch via plex or something?

Do this. It should be ok.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah i think when i originally installed sonarr i was being a dumbass and installed it on my pc because of dumb reasons

so, i'm going to install it on my pi, and that should solve my problems
but now, unrelated to any of this, apt is being a shithead again and earlier it turned out my root disk was full of garbage - so im fixing both of those before i do it

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

hbag posted:

NZBget on the pi (Raspbian), Sonarr on the windows machine (has the pi mounted as a WebDAV drive)

LTTP here but highly recommend dropping raspbian for dietpi. Everything just works and runs very well on my Pi 4.

I use it for docker, plex server, radarr, sonarr, sabnzbd, tautulli, overseerr, and nginx proxy manager. No slow downs, crashes, etc in over 6 months running 24/7.

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 3, 2021

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

UncleGuito posted:

LTTP here but highly recommend dropping raspbian for dietpi. Everything just works and runs very well on my Pi 4.

I use it for docker, plex server, radarr, sonarr, sabnzbd, tautulli, overseerr, and nginx proxy manager. No slow downs, crashes, etc in over 6 months running 24/7.

Same but I've been running Arch Linux :smuggo:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

finally got everything working
now the only thing im struggling with is my pi's lovely internet connection but that's probably because im running lke 4 different things on it lol
ill trim em down tomorrow

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

actually im starting to think its the fact i ticked the "let plex gently caress with your network to allow access from outside your LAN" thing
it was not this bad before

then again its 6 am and around the time people are getting on the internet so maybe it is just that

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Just get one windows computer and stop complicating things. Literally I’m not near a pc but I can think of 3 steps to make this work on windows pc with a bunch of hard drives slammed in there, not in a raid or anything just diff drives = diff drive letter. Who cares about leaving a computer on for power and using a Pi cause it’s lower? Just pay the loving power bill to have a computer on.

I get so frustrated at setups like yours but I mean it’s not mine so really how much do I care.

The Usenet Megathread - How’s your permissions?!

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 3, 2021

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Probably have tomato firmware on your router

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

please direct yourself to an anger management class chief i already said i sorted my poo poo out
everything's running on the pi now, installed a plex server, rebooted the pi to fix the internet speed, everything's running fine now
chill the gently caress out
jesus

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I’m chill as ice water buddy

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Nitr0 posted:

I’m chill as ice water buddy

so i take it you completely disregarded my last few posts where i said i fixed everything, in a fit of blind calmness?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I didn’t read them to be honest, I just like fuckin with ya

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

you sure got me good by... doing nothing, really

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Anyone who is postin 30 times a day I envy them, you gotta be a rereg

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

hbag posted:

you sure got me good by... doing nothing, really

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no i just have fuckall to do with my time

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lurk more

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

hbag posted:

no i just have fuckall to do with my time

This is a good suggestion that you should probably follow. Your latest posts in the thread have been a bit much. Please take a step back.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ding ding ding, best comment of the last 40000 pages

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
counterpoint: :justpost:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

qsvui posted:

counterpoint: :justpost:

Lol

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I for one have been inspired to move all my NFS/is so shares to webdav.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Whereas I’m personally never going to let anyone (in other places, not here) ever try to convince me to run these setups on an OS I’m not super familiar with. I can probably get everything up and running on MacOS in like an hour these days without any issues.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
my guess would have been using an older gen rpi that has the ethernet port share bandwidth with usb external drives or flash drives

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Personally i like to use a Fitbit synced to my yoga patterns to send a signal to my Pi that's connected to a hard disk, that sends a command to one of my Kubernetes deployments (One of them running on my toaster I outfitted with more RAM), that runs NZBGet and Radarr -- in different regions and server providers because I don't trust AWS. After it's downloaded it FTPs it back to my pi so Radarr can pick it up.

When my blood pressure goes above 160mmHg it downloads an episode of The Next Generation that I use to calm down with.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

before i get another 70 posts about how im overcomplicating poo poo im going to preface this entire post by saying i have simplified everything and it is all now running on my pi, since apparently some people cant tilt their eyes upward to read anything other than the most recent post

right now sonarr is being a little poo poo and deciding sometimes it'll be accessible via port 8989 after a restart, and sometimes it'll act as if it wasn't even running (i've checked, the daemon is running)

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

hbag posted:

right now sonarr is being a little poo poo and deciding sometimes it'll be accessible via port 8989 after a restart, and sometimes it'll act as if it wasn't even running (i've checked, the daemon is running)

if you have dhcp assigned ips, vpns or other things that start on boot, make sure sonarr is delayed-start to the end or it might bind to every ip except a new dhcp that comes up late or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Biowarfare posted:

if you have dhcp assigned ips, vpns or other things that start on boot, make sure sonarr is delayed-start to the end or it might bind to every ip except a new dhcp that comes up late or something

yeah i fixed it, turned out the issue was actually that the rootdisk had decided to fill itself with garbage and logfiles
setting up a cron job to clean up every so often now