Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Madrox doing anything lately?

I think he'll be in X-Corp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

rantmo posted:

I actually liked Jan and Alex together.

I really enjoyed that whole Apocalypse Twins/ Ragnarok Now arc. It was a great mix of Aaron Thor and Remender’s Uncanny X-Force.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm enjoying X of Swords more than I thought I would. Probably helps in the Unlimited format that it's all just there and I don't have to buy $100 in comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rick posted:

I'm enjoying X of Swords more than I thought I would. Probably helps in the Unlimited format that it's all just there and I don't have to buy $100 in comics.

X of Swords ended up being way better than I think any one expected it to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

She's not a mutant!

Also Alex is really slacking. Scott has four kids of varying nature running around, and a clone of one of them too. Alex has squat.

As far as I'm aware neither are any of their parents. :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
corsair has the mutant power of being able to pull off that space pirate look.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
It's the Summers family tree. Sara sister wasn't a Summers. Wasn't married to a Summers. Hadn't given birth to a Summers. And Hadn't adopted a Summers.

Also, wasn't Sara actually a mutant and they just never knew until after her death? Could be a good reason to bring her back.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Adder Moray posted:

It's the Summers family tree. Sara sister wasn't a Summers. Wasn't married to a Summers. Hadn't given birth to a Summers. And Hadn't adopted a Summers.

Also, wasn't Sara actually a mutant and they just never knew until after her death? Could be a good reason to bring her back.

She was intended to be a mutant but Claremont never got around to actually establishing that.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Sara Grey's kids were mutants too, although to my knowledge their powers were never revealed.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Has Dark Beast been directly addressed or appeared? Him killing Beast and0or preventing his resurrection by existing might be interesting. I love the idea of alternate future timeline people lobbying for resurrection of various possible mutants. Like the twins!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dark Beast died during Rosenberg's mess. As no alternate reality/clones can be resurrected, he's going to stay dead under the new status-quo.

Amusingly enough, I'm fairly sure Sugar Man is alive and kicking in Krakoa.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

are you gonna tell Sugar Man he has to leave

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alaois posted:

are you gonna tell Sugar Man he has to leave

Maybe, who's the artist? If it's Bachalo, gently caress no I am not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Adder Moray posted:

Wait, is Hepzebah actually related to the Summers? I thought she was just Corsair's on-again/off-again romantic interest but it says 'related by blood"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, is Hepzebah actually related to the Summers? I thought she was just Corsair's on-again/off-again romantic interest but it says 'related by blood"

That seems to include marriage (but not long-term relationships, because Emma's got a grey line?) because Scott's also got that same link with Jean and Maddie.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

How Wonderful! posted:

Sara Grey's kids were mutants too, although to my knowledge their powers were never revealed.

Nanny gave them both the codename "Shatter-Box", which might indicate they both had the same powers, but yeah, we never actually saw them do anything.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Claremont had this idea going back to the early '80s that Sara Grey's kids would be a projecting and a receiving empath, but it never ended up happening for whatever reason.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wanderer posted:

Claremont had this idea going back to the early '80s that Sara Grey's kids would be a projecting and a receiving empath, but it never ended up happening for whatever reason.

Then he killed them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Is there any comics writer who we have as much information about what he didn't write but totally wanted to as Chris Claremont

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Is there any comics writer who we have as much information about what he didn't write but totally wanted to as Chris Claremont

If only he had time while on the series.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Clearly Marvel should've given him another dozen X-books to write to give him room to breathe.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think it would be cool to have a series starring Krakoans who, due to law, can't be resurrected and have come together to prove their worth/just be spiteful about it. Some alternate reality folks, clones, maybe someone who got resurrected a second time accidentally.

Call the book Exiles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Call the book Xiles.
Fixed.

Or maybe X-iles.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

IUG posted:

Fixed.

Or maybe X-iles.

Ten-iles???

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

IUG posted:

Fixed.

Or maybe X-iles.

It would either be
eXiles or E[STYLIZED]X[/STYLIZED]ILES

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

IUG posted:

Fixed.

Or maybe X-iles.

Starring two new mutants named Mlder and Sully.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Cant be raised? Moulder and Skully

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Beerdeer posted:

Cant be raised? Moulder and Skully

lol

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Marauders and Excalibur both great this week. At this point the only title I’m still kind of iffy on is X-Force. It’s not bad, it’s just not very noteworthy. Cable seemed a bit aimless too but that’s ending soon.

I also completely forgot about Children of the Atom which is not a great sign, but I’ll give it a few more issues because Vita Ayala is cool.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Yeah X-Force is the one I'm the least invested in as well, aside from stuff I've just outright dropped like Wolverine and Cable. I've really come around on Excalibur since the build-up to X of Swords.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like X-Force but it doesn't seem to have a point? There's no real through-line other than Beast being a poo poo.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I guess it's kind of the fun over-the-top action and ultraviolence book but honestly imo it is neither really fun enough or violent enough to sell the concept. It has nice art which is mostly why I bother at this point. I think I'm just not a big fan of Benjamin Percy-- his x-books are very machismo-laden in a way that's just not my taste, but they also feel kind of generic and not often that interested in digging into the weirdness of the Krakoa status quo as much as some other writers. Wolverine in particular feels like it could have been published at any time between like, 1991 and now without changing much. Just very cookie cutter Wolverine stories.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Endless Mike posted:

I like X-Force but it doesn't seem to have a point? There's no real through-line other than Beast being a poo poo.

The Many Deaths of Quentin Quire are enough to keep me coming back awhile longer. I'm not all that invested in Cable's bigger picture but there are some nice little character moments.

This week's Marauders was my first encounter with Bliss and...I'm not sure how I feel about them.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Many Deaths of Quentin Quire are enough to keep me coming back awhile longer. I'm not all that invested in Cable's bigger picture but there are some nice little character moments.

This week's Marauders was my first encounter with Bliss and...I'm not sure how I feel about them.

oh yeah, they're a long-time Morlock. Freaky as hell, especially since Masque turned her into a Jean Grey doppleganger

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

I guess it's kind of the fun over-the-top action and ultraviolence book but honestly imo it is neither really fun enough or violent enough to sell the concept. It has nice art which is mostly why I bother at this point. I think I'm just not a big fan of Benjamin Percy-- his x-books are very machismo-laden in a way that's just not my taste, but they also feel kind of generic and not often that interested in digging into the weirdness of the Krakoa status quo as much as some other writers. Wolverine in particular feels like it could have been published at any time between like, 1991 and now without changing much. Just very cookie cutter Wolverine stories.

Oh yeah, I think I read the first couple issues of Wolverine and bounced off it hard. It definitely did nothing for me. Cable has at least been fun and has pretty art, but it's also one of the weaker ones. I haven't picked up Excalibur except for X of Swords. Maybe I'll give it another try during the Hellfire Gala.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Part of my weird grudge against X-Force is it's the book with Domino and is such a downgrade from her ongoing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

Part of my weird grudge against X-Force is it's the book with Domino and is such a downgrade from her ongoing.

They should give Gail Simone a lady team X-Book. She's really good at doing her own thing while staying within the bounds of the current status quo so she'd be perfect.

gently caress it, give her X-Force. Percy can keep Wolverine's solo book, outside of X of Swords they haven’t really tied into each other much anyways.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
X-Force is probably my favourite title, but it got hit HARD by X of Swords. They actually finished a good (imo) storyline in Terra Verde, and the entire clandestine action part of the book is great. Then when Swords hit it into an undersea adventure with Namor, then the first QQ issue which while good, wasn't really hitting on the XENO/Peacock plot that's been going through the entire series. It's back into that by the end of 18. Hopefully the Hellfire Gala issue has some relation.

Also, lol the russian nesting doll invasion

At least it's not as meandering as X-Men. And the art is top notch, especially whenever Black Tom is on screen. It made the underwater issues worthwhile too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like xmen though. Its pretty much just snapshots from Krakoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/1380159476431478786

looks like x-men is being relaunched by duggan/larraz in july, and hickman has a secret book starting in september. the leah williams book starts with "THE TR---" maybe?