Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hikari Noa vs. Rina Yamashita in a Hardcore match - TJPW Inspiration 4/1

This was a hell of a thing, I did not expect a match like this in TJPW.

nth, you love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

+1

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Put this one on the board

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Definite nth. Just a real fun match, a couple of gnarly moments, Rina being a tremendous monster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Christian Cage vs. Kazarian, AEW Dynamite, 31/03
MOTYC: Kenny Omega/Good Brothers vs. Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid, AEW Dynamite, 31/03
MOTYC: Chuck Taylor/Orange Cassidy vs. Miro/Kip Sabien, AEW Dynamite, 31/03

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm going to compile my top 25 matches of the first 1/4 of the year & before I thought I'd ask if people would recommend 5 non-Japan matches, because I have made absolutely no effort to keep up with most wrestling from outside Japan this year, aside from the AEW Women's tournament as well as Britt vs Rosa & Kenny vs Fenix. Oh, & that one NXT UK match with Walter & A-Kid that wasn't as good as the Ilja match but did still rule.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
23nd March
Riot Lucha Libre Covidiotas
Aramis vs Iron Kid

This was a blast, some real wild spots, the finish in particular is some real "holy poo poo" stuff. I will post a link when I'm back at a computer

MOTYC
23rd March
Riot Lucha Libre Covidiotas
RIOT Title
Arez vs El Hijo del Vikingo

Two young men with absolutely no respect for gravity. Ruled. The fact these lads haven't turned up in Japan somewhere like Dragon Gate makes me sad. Especially Vikingo

Nice change of pace.

Links for these 2 match
Aramis vs Iron Kid
Arez vs El Hijo del Vikingo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

recommend 5 non-Japan matches

Leaving aside the ones you've watched and in no particular order, Darby Allin vs John Silver AEW Dynamite 24.03, Jungle Boy vs Dax Harwood AEW Dynamite 27.01, Kenny Omega & KENTA vs. Jon Moxley & Lance Archer AEW Dynamite 10.02 plus Sting & Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage & Ricky Starks and Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley (if you just pretend that the post-match segment doesn't exist) from AEW Revolution.

E: Also the Best Friends vs Miro & Kip match from yesterday, but that might not work as well if you're not following the product.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 1, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Inspritation April 1st
MOTYC
Rina Yamashita vs Hikari Noa
- loving loved this, the sub-par streaming set up gave this a perfect atmosphere to see Hikari get brutalised in her first ever hardcore match. This is my favourite Rina match (though tbf i've only seen the Freedoms and Seadlinnng stuff that gets linked here) and Hikari brought her absolute A-game, she's making a push up my UpUpGirls rankings.

HM
Raku vs Rika Tatsumi
- Tomfoolery will always have a place in my wrestling, Raku is far from being the best wrestler but she hits all the right beats for me. Rika Tatsumi was also there I guess. Just a real fun match to warm us up for the violence following

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I'm going to compile my top 25 matches of the first 1/4 of the year & before I thought I'd ask if people would recommend 5 non-Japan matches, because I have made absolutely no effort to keep up with most wrestling from outside Japan this year, aside from the AEW Women's tournament as well as Britt vs Rosa & Kenny vs Fenix. Oh, & that one NXT UK match with Walter & A-Kid that wasn't as good as the Ilja match but did still rule.

For you specifically, I'd throw out Omega vs Sydal.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'll give an unnecessary HM to the Omega/Good Brothers v Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid tag from Dynamite.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

I'll give an unnecessary HM to the Omega/Good Brothers v Lucha Bros/Laredo Kid tag from Dynamite.

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
28th March
All Japan Pro Wrestling Dream Power Series Night 5 ~NEXTREAM SPECIAL~
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi) vs NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO)

Good main event of a fun short show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Takayuki Ueki for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS The Gekokujo 2021 (3/21)

Toru Sugiura is having the best world title run I've ever had the privilege of living through full of absolutely batshit insane matches.

This was the most insane.

e: fair warning - shoot headbutts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUtdUMY-NA

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 2, 2021

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King AEW Dark: Elevation 3/29/21.

match owned loving bones.

Nth, King looks like a star in the making

Rarity posted:

HM: Jungle Boy vs. Jack Evans, AEW Elevation, 29/03

Nth

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Christian Cage vs Frankie Kazarian
MOTYC: Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Good Brothers) vs Lucha Bros & Laredo Kid
HM: Hikaru Shida & Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose & The Bunny
MOTYC: Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Chuck Taylor) vs Miro & Kip Sabian

All from AEW Dynamite 31.03. What a goddamn home run of a show this was.

Nth. Holy poo poo Miro looked incredible

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think everything else has enough seconds but I will nth Christian vs Kazarian from Wednesday's Dynamite for an HM. Felt like a match near the top of an ROH card from 15 years ago. And not Christian vs Daniels this was better than that!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Belated and probably pointless HMs:

Fuega del Sol vs. QT Marshall, Dark, 3/9
Maki Itoh vs. Riho, Dark: Elevation, 3/15

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Other Posters posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida & Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose & The Bunny

im gonna do a hot take here but this match was really really really good, everyone was on the same page the chemistry and timing between these 4 was incredible even if it was a throwaway match

e: i mean the timing, pace and chemistry on display here is so tight, am i crazy? watch this again and tell me im crazy

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 3, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Christian Cage vs Frankie Kazarian
from AEW Dynamite 31.03

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Christian Cage vs. Kazarian, AEW Dynamite, 31/03
MOTYC: Chuck Taylor/Orange Cassidy vs. Miro/Kip Sabien, AEW Dynamite, 31/03

nth

The Christian vs Kaz match was superb imo.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Takayuki Ueki for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS The Gekokujo 2021 (3/21)

Toru Sugiura is having the best world title run I've ever had the privilege of living through full of absolutely batshit insane matches.

This was the most insane.

e: fair warning - shoot headbutts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUtdUMY-NA

Nth, Ueki is an absolute monster. Didn't have as much a problem with these headbutts, although the spots with the cinder blocks got to me (especially the one he just threw at the stack around Sugiura's head, gently caress right off with that). Also there was some really conspicous camera cuts around 22 minutes in which took me out of the action a bit, although they brought me back quickly enough. loving vicious the whole way through.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 3, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Neo Breeze April 3rd
MOTYC
Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya and Tadasuke) vs Naomichi Marufuji and Full Throttle (Seiki Yoshioka and YO-HEY)
- YO-HEY got brualised for a bit, then they all decided to hit each other as hard as they could for a bit more until the match ended. Extremely up my alley, absolutely no stakes but these 6 went out there and worked real fuckin hard for the couple of hundred in attendance

HM
Takashi Sugiura vs Hajime Ohara
- Always enjoy a well worked Junior vs Heavyweight match, even if the result is never in doubt
Kongoh (Kenoh, Masa Kitamiya, Nioh and Haoh) vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Yoshiki Inamura and Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge and Daisuke Harada)
- Kongoh are great as always, Inamura had some good interactions with his old stable, and Kotoge set up the Kongoh Jrs as future challengers. Good fun all round

For a nothing card without titles on the line this was real enjoyable, would recommend

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Chris Brookes Produce Show 3
HM
Chris Brookes (c) vs Mecha Mummy - DDT Extreme Title
- Some good clean family fun outside of the murder attempts, just didn't reach the heights of Mummy/Misao from the last show
Baliyan Akki vs HARASHIMA
- So it turns out both these guys are pretty good

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
- Some good clean family fun outside of the murder attempts, just didn't reach the heights of Mummy/Misao from the last show

+1

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Chocopro 102
HM
Lulu Pencil Vs. Shinno Hagane

A comedy match put over with innovative use of the Chocopro camera

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth to both. Especially to Akki's excellent entrance music which I hadn't heard in a while as he doesn't get an entrance at ChocoPro.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Tetsuya Naito/SANADA/Shingo Takagi vs. The Great Okhan/Jeff Cobb/X, NJPW Sakura Genesis, 04/04

Great choice of X, his look is fantastic and his ringwork is fantastic. Really excited to see where he goes from here

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM : LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & SANADA) vs United Empire (Great O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & Iron Aaron)

Great match, great surprise and great showcase for Aaron.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i recommend you watch this match for the great surprise, also gently caress you if you want to experience it for yourself

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Shingo Takagi) vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb, and X), NJPW Sakura Genesis, 4/4

Good reveal of X and a great performance plus strong dude yeeting action from the Dumbpire, very solid and worth a watch if you were going to skip the undercard

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito/SANADA/Shingo Takagi vs. The Great Okhan/Jeff Cobb/X, NJPW Sakura Genesis, 04/04

Great choice of X, his look is fantastic and his ringwork is fantastic. Really excited to see where he goes from here

2nd

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth. They correctly figured out that what the recipe needed was more beef.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

:agreed:

Really interested in seeing how X goes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

i recommend you watch this match for the great surprise, also gently caress you if you want to experience it for yourself

lol yeah

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs. Roppongi 3k NJPW Sakura Genesis 04.04

Great match and a great return for R3k. YOH did a sell job for the record books.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado (C) vs. Roppongi 3K for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Sakura Genesis

This was a really, really good match and YOH in particular was really great considering it was his first match back.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 4, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs. Roppongi 3k NJPW Sakura Genesis 04.04

Great match and a great return for R3k. YOH did a sell job for the record books.

I think I'll nth this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Roppongi 3K vs. El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru, NJPW Sakura Genesis, 04/04

Great to have YOH back in the mix

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Im gonna go the MOTYC on this one. Maybe its because I really like YOH but his selling got me completely engaged in the match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edit: Why this isn't the Sakura Genesis GDT! It isn't the Sakura Genesis GDT at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
J-Ru coming in to challenge a cyborg mug's throne