Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

I've been manipulating sega video game covers/ephemera for the past few months from what I assume is a prolonged episode of madness

original on right for comparison

Got over 100 images on my twitter here if you want to subject yourself to more

https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier

These are hilarious, I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sanford posted:

I don’t know if it counts as something I’ve made but I kept this idiot for over a year as a horrible giant worm and then another six months as a weird soil egg and now he’s finally a glorious megabeetle and I love him.

Oooooooooh he's lovely!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

last year i made a programming language that's like brainfuck but consists entirely of screaming
yes, there is an interpreter for it

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

hbag posted:

last year i made a programming language that's like brainfuck but consists entirely of screaming
yes, there is an interpreter for it

(looks at hello world example)
:stare:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Some murals.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

mofolotopo posted:

Oh, this is timely! I just put out my first real full album in years, literally posted it on Bandcamp today.

It's called Evergreen, and it's a weird one. It's basically a vocoder opera about some robots that are trying to bring a bunch of frozen human brains back to consciousness, and in order to do that they have to figure out what makes human beings tick. It's a sort of sci fi existentialist love story.

Anyway it's so strange that it might be one of those things that's just for me, but hey I've been wrong about that before.

It's been a long time since I posted music here, so if anyone out there is hankering for something that's more in line with my usual fare, I also did a bunch of songs for the Hypnospace Outlaw soundtrack as Barnaby's Chair.

edit: oh yeah here's my soundcloud which I post new stuff to semi-regularly

This is excellent god drat. I'm on the last track now and I'm bummed it's over.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

internet celebrity posted:

This is excellent god drat. I'm on the last track now and I'm bummed it's over.

Hey thanks! Hopefully it's some consolation that you can play it all again. :unsmith:

For real though I think it's one of the most detailed and textured things I've ever made, so I'd highly recommend a listen or two on headphones if you haven't already.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Good morning thread! My name is Lieutenant Dan and I have been spending my spare time making trippy dumb fun weed-induced music videos on the Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQeVSS46XotA-8ZBLYVi5A

My day job requires a shitton of creative output but I never get to gently caress with moving pictures so at night I just sit around and chill out and produce Things To Get High To

(also hello I am greatly enjoying the Wonders Showcased so far in this thread)

Nice! Heheh. I VJ weekly and here is one of my performances with Res_Freq (a local DJ) for Radio RVA (Richmond Magazine)

https://twitch.tv/videos/956020564

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

mofolotopo posted:

Hey thanks! Hopefully it's some consolation that you can play it all again. :unsmith:

For real though I think it's one of the most detailed and textured things I've ever made, so I'd highly recommend a listen or two on headphones if you haven't already.

For sure, I feel like this is going to be my summer bop like Dan Deacon's Mystic Familiar was last year.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Oh poo poo that is quite an act to follow. :stare:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

(looks at hello world example)
:stare:

i mean, given how few commands there are in the language, it wasn't gonna be short

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sanford posted:

I don’t know if it counts as something I’ve made but I kept this idiot for over a year as a horrible giant worm and then another six months as a weird soil egg and now he’s finally a glorious megabeetle and I love him.

Edit: lol

I also love your glorious megabeetle

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

flavor.flv posted:

I take wool and then stab it with a barbed needle until it looks like stuff

This one's my favourite, I want to do more stuff like this:

My God, those are beautiful.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
This isn't directly a goon thing I guess but I reckon goon parent projects count, right? My dad's been making and recording his own music for decades, and I've been trying to persuade him to put it online for almost as long. Last year he relented and stuck two of his songs on Bandcamp at https://wjwmusic.bandcamp.com.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Whybird posted:

This isn't directly a goon thing I guess but I reckon goon parent projects count, right? My dad's been making and recording his own music for decades, and I've been trying to persuade him to put it online for almost as long. Last year he relented and stuck two of his songs on Bandcamp at https://wjwmusic.bandcamp.com.

The first one is not my bag (my daughter likes it) but Crow Sky Dawn is going on the playlist. It sounds like someone I can't place so when I wake in the middle of the night to shout a band name I'll come back and say who it was.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Okay it's April 1 so I can finally drop my big non-musical project that I've been working on. It is essentially a massive scientific shitpost. Some colleagues and I have just published a paper on the effects of climate change on an Australian endemic Pokémon. The paper comes out later today in Methods in Ecology and Evolution, and I'll post a link when it does. For now here's the press release:

https://www.oist.jp/news-center/press-releases/unique-macro-vertebrate-risk-blood-sport-and-climate-change

Basically we use data on kangaskhan from Pokémon Go to demonstrate new methods for estimating bias in how we predict the effects of climate change on threatened and endangered species. It's actually a really serious and possibly quite valuable new tool for conservation planning, and I hope it gets super widely adopted in the field so that a bunch of my colleagues have to cite a paper about Pokémon.

And of course five minutes after I post this, the article finally posts online.

https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/2041-210X.13591

mofolotopo fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 1, 2021

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I ruined a dice by letting a two year old convince me to turn it out before it was ready, but we found a good use for it.

Good for April Fool's Day too!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I just put out an album of upbeat, slightly psychedelic electronic tunes. Tiny release but it's the first time I've ever partnered with a label on something (let alone anyone else who was interested in my solo tunes), so I'm pretty excited.

Tape comes with optional bag of coffee.

https://hairsablazin.bandcamp.com/album/legal-coffee

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

One of the bands I’m in put out an album in 2019, and we’ve spent most of Covid writing a bunch of material for a 2nd! (Latin Pop/Cumbia)

This is the first thing we recorded for that album: https://open.spotify.com/track/74vPQmdkoFCiwwuNC8NM16?si=Qay0jP_EQ-6lpcm6aTGbHg

(I wish that this was on our bandcamp too, but sadly it isn’t atm)

Our 1st album:

https://soldelanoche.bandcamp.com/releases

I also cross-stitch and I’m working on some electronic music that isn’t ready yet.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
looks like I didn't post in this thread yet, so here's some of the stuff I've been doing over the past few months and years

I also like FFVI

did a gif of the progression for the last one, colour by colour

I do not have a problem and I can stop any time I like.

I DEFINITELY did not spend Ł200+ on all the colours so I know I have every option to hand...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Fatkraken posted:

I DEFINITELY did not spend Ł200+ on all the colours so I know I have every option to hand...
Oh, did you get the wooden collectors box??? I have been drooling over that for a while but have nowhere to put it...

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Fatkraken posted:

That's good but I also secretly hope that you never stop because those are stunningly amazing

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Fatkraken posted:

That evee is enough to make me consider cross stitching one for the kiddo. (She loves pokemon atm and evee is a fav) Fabulous work.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Anias posted:

That evee is enough to make me consider cross stitching one for the kiddo. (She loves pokemon atm and evee is a fav) Fabulous work.

once you do the evee you’ll have to do all its evolutions

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Keetron posted:

Oh, did you get the wooden collectors box??? I have been drooling over that for a while but have nowhere to put it...

naw, just an ebay listing, bit cheaper. They're in 4 plastic thread organiser boxes, in addition to a dozen or so anchor purples and blues to fill in a few of the more noteable gaps. I also have a box of variegated threads and a buncha metallics and pearlescants...

I like rainbows lots

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 4, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Starting work on a spooky tombstone for a short film

Only bought enough air dry clay for one side and everything is closed for Easter so I'm not gonna get any further for now.

The lettering is a bit sloppy, was going to print out some letters in a fancy font, cut them out, and gently press them into the clay but the printer wouldn't cooperate so I had to clumsily etch it in with my credit card.

Gonna paint it and weather it and add some moss and/or lichen so it will be fitting for this dude to climb out of the accompanying grave

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 4, 2021

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Very awesome

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Great stuff on this page all around.

I mean, the entire thread is awesome, but I really dig the needlepoint and the tombstone.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

mofolotopo posted:

Okay it's April 1 so I can finally drop my big non-musical project that I've been working on. It is essentially a massive scientific shitpost. Some colleagues and I have just published a paper on the effects of climate change on an Australian endemic Pokémon. The paper comes out later today in Methods in Ecology and Evolution, and I'll post a link when it does. For now here's the press release:

https://www.oist.jp/news-center/press-releases/unique-macro-vertebrate-risk-blood-sport-and-climate-change

Basically we use data on kangaskhan from Pokémon Go to demonstrate new methods for estimating bias in how we predict the effects of climate change on threatened and endangered species. It's actually a really serious and possibly quite valuable new tool for conservation planning, and I hope it gets super widely adopted in the field so that a bunch of my colleagues have to cite a paper about Pokémon.

And of course five minutes after I post this, the article finally posts online.

https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/2041-210X.13591

Hey, this is seriously awesome. I saw this blow up on twitter back when it first dropped and it's deeply satisfying to know that a goon was involved.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Spinz posted:

I've been making jewelry mostly earrings for about 15 years now and a few years ago I I realized I could draw and I started putting the earrings on cards like greeting cards that I drew pictures on. So I make the jewelry and the card and the decorations on the card:

This idea is amazing, love it.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

naw, just an ebay listing, bit cheaper. They're in 4 plastic thread organiser boxes, in addition to a dozen or so anchor purples and blues to fill in a few of the more noteable gaps. I also have a box of variegated threads and a buncha metallics and pearlescants...

I like rainbows lots

The colours are just so good! Looks exactly like when you press a screen hard enough so that it starts shifting, and the motive is hilarious!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Last year and this year have been a blur. I picked up a few hobbies and here's some random parts of them

Photography:

Made my friend into a tarot card for her birthday:

I started making dumb t-shirts:

(restored an old 70s shirt for this one)

Stickers:

Mycelium:

Making my living room actually livable / built and veneered speakers:

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hey, this is seriously awesome. I saw this blow up on twitter back when it first dropped and it's deeply satisfying to know that a goon was involved.

Yeah the reaction has been great! I actually had to do a press conference for the Japanese media with an interpreter and everything. That's a very weird experience when you don't speak the language at all; basically you say one (not too long) sentence and then you just sit there and smile at the cameras for like thirty seconds while they say a bunch of stuff that might as well be bird song as far as you're concerned. It gives you a LOT of time to think about what you're saying next, which is good because it requires a certain efficiency of presentation that doesn't come naturally to me.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Over the last few months I've been learning Blender and made a new years resolution to stick with my projects and not rush them, which is a big deal because usually I'll get bored or demoralised and then push them out prematurely. It's been a culture shock for me but the results are worth it - I've learned a lot and I'm making things I didn't think I'd be able to put together without a lot more effort. I don't have the luxury of furlough but if I did I'd probably be spending most of my waking time working on my projects.

My current ongoing one that I've been haunting YOSPOS's Blender thread with has been the Ghastly Martin, which is a steam powered undead hunter's car with a bunch of fun gadgets I'm in the process of animating. I made a rough animation a few days ago that shows off the roof, some of the flaps (ooer) and the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ6jR8UiCS4

It's got pop-out combination flamethrower/stake launchers:

High tech interior lighting solutions:

And a fun cluttered interior, with old cigarettes, a map, old scrolls and more:

I've always been a fan of making vehicles in games like GMod, Trailmakers and so on and just marvelling at some of the great concepts other artists come up with, so getting to a point where I understand how to do this sort of thing myself is hugely rewarding. 3D art is like all those games I enjoyed but without the limitations on what I can do :3:

Prior to this I made a cuckoo clock/time magic pistol and I can see just how far I've come since then. It's been a helluva ride and I've seen the results applying myself have to offer, but there's still so much I need - and most importantly, want - to learn :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UDkvYIXn8

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Songbearer posted:

Over the last few months I've been learning Blender and made a new years resolution to stick with my projects and not rush them, which is a big deal because usually I'll get bored or demoralised and then push them out prematurely. It's been a culture shock for me but the results are worth it - I've learned a lot and I'm making things I didn't think I'd be able to put together without a lot more effort. I don't have the luxury of furlough but if I did I'd probably be spending most of my waking time working on my projects.

My current ongoing one that I've been haunting YOSPOS's Blender thread with has been the Ghastly Martin, which is a steam powered undead hunter's car with a bunch of fun gadgets I'm in the process of animating. I made a rough animation a few days ago that shows off the roof, some of the flaps (ooer) and the engine.

That's awesome. I tried to self-learn some 3D modelling software many many years ago and bounced off of it hard. If I had time it might be interesting to see what the modern stuff like Blender is like, but for now I'll just enjoy cool stuff that others like you cook up!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Thanks! Now is an excellent time to revisit 3d modelling. Blender 2.9 is relatively simple to figure out, especially with the tons (and tons and tons) of tutorials out there. It's undergone a ton of changes from when I last tampered with it in the late 2010's and the UI is a heck of a lot friendlier, far less reliant on learning a billion keyboard shortcuts :)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
drat, literally every goon is cooler than me... heres my insta that i'm terrible at updating.

Heres some stuff?

Made a mold from a real fossil and cast this magnet

Made molds from local acorns and cast em

Made some real small corns out of polymer clay

lastly, flower crowns for week old rats (that I bred, does that count as 'making' something?)

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
rattie natal photography!!!!!!!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Bismuth posted:

A truly excellent post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Thanks, if you like rats n crafts i also made the props in this vid (not my tiktok)

Im completely astonished by the creative power of goons, this thread is a modern art museum (minus the rich weirdo's vanity projects?)