Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Azure does not seem to exist in DNS anymore, so that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fart Amplifier posted:

Azure does not seem to exist in DNS anymore, so that's something.

Que?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Something just blipped, teammate posted something similar in Teams and then deleted it a minute later.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

DNS is not responding for Azure addresses.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

<insert dns.jpg>

https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status/status/1377738432265396225

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
What the hell Microsoft really again

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm over here laughing my rear end off. "We're investigating issues with Azure DNS, but everything else is green across the board!"

https://status2.azure.com/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A former monopoly struggling to stay relevant amongst all the new monopolies who also happens to sell an OS that almost everyone uses.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lmao our team meeting was set to be 5 minutes ago and of course teams meetings aren't working rn so.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

xzzy posted:

A former monopoly struggling to stay relevant amongst all the new monopolies who also happens to sell an OS that almost everyone uses.

There is no easy answer, but I sort of feel that we are past the point where Windows is a "product" when the majority of the world runs and depends on it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Kinda seems like folks may be having trouble with AWS and Cloudflare as well. I wonder if it's an ISP peering issue.

https://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services/

https://downdetector.com/status/cloudflare/

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Bezos finally decided to go full Lex Luthor on the world

AWS was a weapon the entire time

KaLogain
Dec 29, 2004

I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Cybernetic Crumb
Something is up with cloud.com as well. Citrix apps are not working.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

KaLogain posted:

Citrix apps are not working.

but you repeat yourself

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

devmd01 posted:

but you repeat yourself

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
Our Budget group has reached out to let us know that they’re doing Very Important work over the next few weeks and that they would greatly appreciate not having any downtime after hours or weekends.

Not usually a problem, except that they didn’t send an email (brought it up in a call with management) to the app or server team. Thankfully my management didn’t forget to tell me this time!

Also, we have been scheduling updates for the first Monday of each month for several years and the planned maintenance has gone through CAB but sure, let me push back maintenance for an unknown amount of time because you’re so loving important :fuckoff:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

klosterdev posted:

i really do think he would do some poo poo like this if he felt threatened enough

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

klosterdev posted:

Wonder when he is just going to try to buy MS.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Amazon Quicksight

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

why can't they just fill out our preconfigured spreadsheets

why must they use 5 paragraphs broken up in 4 different Salesforce fields to say "move this from A ->B"

why do they attach 10 different random reports with no actual useful information on the error being found.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Famethrowa posted:

why can't they just fill out our preconfigured spreadsheets

why must they use 5 paragraphs broken up in 4 different Salesforce fields to say "move this from A ->B"

why do they attach 10 different random reports with no actual useful information on the error being found.

"Document was not submitted to correct procedure, please fill out the provided spreadsheets attached and resubmit, per policy."

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Document was not submitted to correct procedure, please fill out the provided spreadsheets attached and resubmit, per policy."

oh, definitely. It just sucks to get ticket after ticket like that, have them sit in my name, and follow up 2-3 times to get a response. we're only one step removed from our clients, and the issues are constantly getting escalated, so we can't just kill bad tickets :smithicide:

and then they message you all confused like ????

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

For some reason, cyber-security people call their field “cyber”

Which leads to me seeing this loving LinkedIn post with a woman and this quote about how “she’s trying to get more women into cyber”

I was trying to get women to cyber too, in 1998 on AOL. What a great choice of words for an ad.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I put on my robe and wizard hat.

ihafarm
Aug 12, 2004
Kill jester.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Bob Morales posted:

For some reason, cyber-security people call their field “cyber”

Which leads to me seeing this loving LinkedIn post with a woman and this quote about how “she’s trying to get more women into cyber”

I was trying to get women to cyber too, in 1998 on AOL. What a great choice of words for an ad.

It will never not be funny to my 14 year old inner child when some super serious CISO type talked with his very serious voice about cyber in the workplace. Are you cyber aware? What's your cyber stance? I keep waiting for A/S/L? in one of the slides.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

It will never not be funny to my 14 year old inner child when some super serious CISO type talked with his very serious voice about cyber in the workplace. Are you cyber aware? What's your cyber stance? I keep waiting for A/S/L? in one of the slides.

After that, slides about 'going private', because you've been acquired by a PE firm.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The use of the cyber prefix is pissing me off in a lot of cases. I think "cyberphysical system" from this Industry 4.0 bullshit takes the cake so far.

Also, this week the IT guys have been trying to force us to run our AS400 terminal sessions within Citrix instead of locally. Because supposedly the communications go clear text over the wire and someone could tap that. I'm like :confused: and like "Bitch, the client has a TN3270-over-TLS checkbox, and checking it actually negotiates a secure connection!" and they're like "Oh, yea, but still..."

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 5, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cyber is the worst word/prefix to have entered use in my lifetime and I hate how it refuses to die.

It always feels like it's non technical people that keep pushing it too, it must sound super serious and scary to them.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

xzzy posted:

cyber is the worst word/prefix to have entered use in my lifetime and I hate how it refuses to die.

It always feels like it's non technical people that keep pushing it too, it must sound super serious and scary to them.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
My new company seems to have a really hard time cajoling clients to close projects. I realize the teams we work with have other stuff going on and sometimes we run into dependencies that are hard to resolve, but I was at a similar company for five years and we’d just say gently caress you this SOW is getting signed off as complete and if you want more here’s an open ended SOW with some T&M hours. Never lost business over it, if you wrote what the client is responsible for into the SOW and they failed to execute you have plenty of leverage. Put an end date on these or something Jesus Christ. Horrible discipline on these fixed bids.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

People that put in tickets for other people...

'x needs a new keyboard, can you give her one?'

Sure. Walk about a half mile over there to drop off a new in box keyboard. Knock on office door..."I have people in here blah blah blah"

Sorry. Please go whine about this to someone higher up so I can get bitched at later.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bob Morales posted:

People that put in tickets for other people...

'x needs a new keyboard, can you give her one?'

Sure. Walk about a half mile over there to drop off a new in box keyboard. Knock on office door..."I have people in here blah blah blah"

Sorry. Please go whine about this to someone higher up so I can get bitched at later.

That seems like violating a whole bunch of COVID protocols with unnecessary direct contact :yikes:.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Hughmoris posted:

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

time to change my password again

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
We've been testing some SDWAN devices for about a year now, at first it was just for testing, but when quarantined happened, a handful of us were allowed to take some extra ones home. The difference is night and day compared to our other access method, and since these act like an extension to our network, I can even bring a deskphone home. Not to mention I've been able to troubleshoot other things that would be impossible without going into the office. Our voip group and bring test phones home, its just a huge improvement. We've been raving about it to other departments, and one was sent to a infosec person so she could WFH.

A month ago or so, I got a request to ship 4 out to another department. One person has some weird connection going on at their home, but the other 3 have been extremely happy.

We got word today that we will have to bring them all back to the office by Friday, and they can only be used as branch network equipment. Apparently, the infosec head discovered that more people were using these then he thought, so he had a tantrum and demands that we stop using them. He says he can't trust people won't plug a non-work device in, and that they are a problem. So everyone loses them.

My plan was to immediately shut the one off his person was using, because why not. But, it turns they were blindsided by this as well. But I'm still cutting theirs off first.

This has immediately created fallout, because it feels like we can't be trusted. If we can't be trusted with this, why trust us with anything? We've heard the new WFH policy that is coming is getting worse, and I know a bunch of senior management people are itching to get people back in. But at the same time, a bunch of people lost office space when they were sent home, and literally don't have a desk or office to return too.

Tomorrow is going to be GREAT.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

He says he can't trust people won't plug a non-work device in, and that they are a problem.

Does your "infosec head" not know about 802.1X?

Hell, basic MAC filtering would prevent nearly all of your users from "accidentally" plugging their personal devices in, and the ones it doesn't stop you should probably fire anyways. Tell him it's a honeypot - infosec guys love that poo poo.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 7, 2021

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

KillHour posted:

Does your "infosec head" not know about 802.1X?

Hell, basic MAC filtering would prevent nearly all of your users from "accidentally" plugging their personal devices in, and the ones it doesn't stop you should probably fire anyways. Tell him it's a honeypot - infosec guys love that poo poo.

I dunno man, that sounds like entrapment to me!

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Like, if you're a packet cop you have to tell me.