Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The best you can do is stun them for a brief moment under conditions I don't fully understand.

When the survivor screams they also cannot interact with anything for 2.5 seconds. What makes him hard is the window to stop a pallet drop or vault with shock therapy is fairly tight and easy to gently caress up, and the more you play the less valuable his info gathering component is.

Basically the 2 second delay on shock therapy being active (1s charge, 1s to zap) makes it difficult to know when to use it - both how early to charge it and when during a chase to use it - whereas Bubba is easy because chainsaw go brrrrr

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I mean I can kiiiiiiiinda see it. The Doctor's abilities don't do damage to survivors and you can't kill anyone with them. The best you can do is stun them for a brief moment under conditions I don't fully understand. Meanwhile Leatherface can insta-down survivors with his chainsaw, even though the chainsaw is situational and occasionally frustrating.

But really, being able to zap and interrupt survivors through walls, make them scream and see hallucinations and reveal them, is IMO a lot more useful than occasional one hit KOs.
His difficulty has not been updated since his release. So it's still assuming he has a janky stance change mechanic that made chases fairly hard.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TGLT posted:

When the survivor screams they also cannot interact with anything for 2.5 seconds. What makes him hard is the window to stop a pallet drop or vault with shock therapy is fairly tight and easy to gently caress up, and the more you play the less valuable his info gathering component is.

OK that explains things a bit. Is this when I see like those "arching in pain" silhouettes through walls? I could swear that sometimes survivors are actually shocked in place for a moment after I hit them, sometimes not.

Also what does it mean when I sometimes get a "Pacified" points popup when I shock people? Is that just "you shocked a dude" or some specific condition?

Terrible Opinions posted:

His difficulty has not been updated since his release. So it's still assuming he has a janky stance change mechanic that made chases fairly hard.

Oh well that makes sense.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I think they're basing a killer's difficulty on their skill floor, which is higher for Doctor than most characters. Really only Myers and Freddy come to mind as having straight up wrong difficulty values.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK that explains things a bit. Is this when I see like those "arching in pain" silhouettes through walls? I could swear that sometimes survivors are actually shocked in place for a moment after I hit them, sometimes not.

Also what does it mean when I sometimes get a "Pacified" points popup when I shock people? Is that just "you shocked a dude" or some specific condition?

Yeah, when you see a survivor do that big scream that's when they can't do anything. The problem with the shock therapy is it takes a second to charge up then an additional second to actually activate. The electric field spreads out first then zaps whoever's in it. Couldn't tell you why they decided it needs to work like that but it does.

Also yeah, pacified is just the scoring event for his Shock Therapy attack.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Doctor owns and is my friend.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh well that makes sense.

The scream outlines from static blast are snapshot afterimages of where the survivor was when it went off that linger for a few seconds, it doesn't freeze anyone.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, the scream notification is just showing you where they were it doesn't actually stop anyone from moving. Static Blast will interrupt their actions though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Doctor owns and is my friend.

drat straight.

On another topic, now that the console versions at least are having big sales, what DLC packs are worth picking up? I'm mostly playing killers so I'm looking for fun killers to play as.

So far I have:
- Leatherface
- Oni
- Freddy
- Pyramid Head

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Yun Jin's scream is a lot better than Elode's.

Doctor and plague are my friends and you should love them too.

TGLT posted:

Basically the 2 second delay on shock therapy being active (1s charge, 1s to zap) makes it difficult to know when to use it - both how early to charge it and when during a chase to use it - whereas Bubba is easy because chainsaw go brrrrr

Its really good if they try to drop a pallet and vault the other way. On a short loop you can catch them.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So the funniest poo poo ever is running Iri Button on Legion and Starstruck. Down someone, go into Frenzy (terror radius is now mapwide), pick them up, drop them. Every stupid survivor on the map is now Exposed for half a minute. I had a sweatsquad of three Claudettes just fall to pieces from this, they went from winning the game handily to two dead and one DCed

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is amazing, four man streamer SWF sweat squad go from "I hope we get Hag, Hag is easy to bully, I know how to bully Hag" to "what a boring OP killer, time to rage disconnect" in a couple of minutes flat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/min9op/streamer_swf_bully_squad_get_what_they_wished_for/

The schadenfreude is so sweet.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

DeathChicken posted:

So the funniest poo poo ever is running Iri Button on Legion and Starstruck. Down someone, go into Frenzy (terror radius is now mapwide), pick them up, drop them. Every stupid survivor on the map is now Exposed for half a minute. I had a sweatsquad of three Claudettes just fall to pieces from this, they went from winning the game handily to two dead and one DCed

:stare:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
man this game is so much fun on ps5, bought the stranger things edition because it came with more than the silent hill one

I know they probably wouldn’t have dualsense features right out the gate but it doesn’t even have vibration which is wild

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

DeathChicken posted:

I've seen the same thing work with Doctor; stack up multiple Calm addons with Distressing and Agitation, expose the whole map with Starstruck as soon as you pick someone up if you have Static Blast available, THEN use Static Blast to find folks after exposing them.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Boy it sure is great design when a survivor figures out if they run upstairs on Haddonfield, go out the window, go in the door and repeat you will never catch up until Bloodlust kicks in

I even 4Ked that game in the end, but this one Claudette just kept running to the house with the balcony if I was within 50 miles of her, to the point I had to just leave her for last

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 2, 2021

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
As a killer main, I never DC on principal.

But when I think about DC'ing, it's always on Haddonfield.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Haddonfield is a map so bad that it actively detracts from it's source material.

I was watching John Carpenters Halloween on a whim and when it introduced us to the suburb a tiny part of me was screaming, "gently caress this place".

Jamie Lee would be toast if it weren't for Haddonfield's impossible geometries.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is amazing, four man streamer SWF sweat squad go from "I hope we get Hag, Hag is easy to bully, I know how to bully Hag" to "what a boring OP killer, time to rage disconnect" in a couple of minutes flat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/min9op/streamer_swf_bully_squad_get_what_they_wished_for/

Heh heh time to ebic bully this trash killer for my strea- NOOO KILLER WHY ARE YOU KILLING MEEEE NOOOOOOOOOO *DC's*

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Haddonfield is a map so bad that it actively detracts from it's source material.

I was watching John Carpenters Halloween on a whim and when it introduced us to the suburb a tiny part of me was screaming, "gently caress this place".

Jamie Lee would be toast if it weren't for Haddonfield's impossible geometries.

She had like 3 decisive strikes BS if you ask me

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yesss pump that poo poo directly into my veins! :getin:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:flashfap:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Heh heh time to ebic bully this trash killer for my strea- NOOO KILLER WHY ARE YOU KILLING MEEEE NOOOOOOOOOO *DC's*

And the best part? The guy who rage quit has a YouTube channel devoted entirely to bullying killers until they get angry.

Bullies can never take what they dish out.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DeathChicken posted:

For all of Trickster's many, many...many problems, Starstruck is becoming one of my favorite perks. Yes, please bomb my hook while I'm trying to carry this guy. Please hover around me with a flashlight. It just straight makes the most obnoxious type of survivors eat flaming death

Yeah, after I saw this Perk in action I slammed the purchase option as hard as I could.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Trickster being a great perk battery is at least a silver lining, he's got some fun pain in the rear end ones, let's just hope it doesn't take Bubba/Sharp Hand Joe timeframe to make he himself fun too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

DCing in a match with your own teammates still playing (with party streamers) is hilariously salty

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Their smug bravado draining away in a milisecond as the Hag just rampages through their bullying attempt effortlessly is a thing of beauty. :allears:

BORING GAME TRASH KILLER OP poo poo

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 3, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blasmeister posted:

DCing in a match with your own teammates still playing (with party streamers) is hilariously salty

The excuses are also amazing. "I disconnected because why would I give a boring trash OP killer more BP by playing the game".

loving babies.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
finally getting back to my boy blight, i'm glad to see how consistently he doesn't slide off of anything. zero collision issues at all!!

https://i.imgur.com/NMmOqBs.mp4

At least his eyes aren't in his balls any more, I guess.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

drat straight.

On another topic, now that the console versions at least are having big sales, what DLC packs are worth picking up? I'm mostly playing killers so I'm looking for fun killers to play as.

So far I have:
- Leatherface
- Oni
- Freddy
- Pyramid Head

Doctor is kinda funny, especially with Distressing + Unnerving Presence for skill check hell. He also helps with info which is nice if you're still getting used to that sort of thing. Monitor and Abuse / Overcharge are dece perks. The pack also comes with Feng Min who has a very nice Survivor perk in Lithe.

Hag brings Ruin to the table and has the traps aspect.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Blight has Undying, which single handedly raises any hex perk you use from worthless to pretty annoying

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Blight is also fun (when the collision cooperates) and has a decently high skill ceiling so there's room to grow into. Arguably more than Nurse, although her skill floor is much higher.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pyrolocutus posted:

Doctor is kinda funny, especially with Distressing + Unnerving Presence for skill check hell. He also helps with info which is nice if you're still getting used to that sort of thing. Monitor and Abuse / Overcharge are dece perks. The pack also comes with Feng Min who has a very nice Survivor perk in Lithe.

Oh crap yeah, I forgot to say that I have the PS5 ... Special Edition? Which means I also have the Doctor, the Hag and probably a few other older killers. And yeah, the Doctor owns.

The killers I'm still missing are...
- Michael Myers
- The Plague
- The Blight
- The Pig
- Ghostface
- The Trickster
- The Twins
- The Deathslinger
- Demogorgon
- Legion
- The Spirit
- The Clown

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Of those, Plague is good if just for her perks. Corrupt Intervention's pretty universally good, Infectious Fright's comically good on killers like Oni, and Dark Devotion actually has some interesting niche uses. The Ghost Face is the best stealth killer in the game and two of his perks - Thrilling Tremors and I'm All Ears - are pretty good.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Clown is also a bit improved now, and Pop is a great tool for a lot of killers including Oni. Bamboozle a little less but still.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Pop's good on a lot of killers, but honestly I think Corrupt Intervention is better for Oni. Oni's weakspot is the early game, and forcing the survivors to come closer to you let's you get your power faster. Plus once you get going with Oni you wanna stay going.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So the Blight now has collision on hatches that have not actually spawned yet. Think we're doing a pretty good job so far.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
They were supposed to patch that out.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Is psprices just messed up right now? They say there's a 50% discount on DLC on the PSN in the US, like Leatherface and stuff. Doesn't match with my PSN.

https://psprices.com/region-us/search/?q=Dead+by+daylight&platform=&show_dlc=on&content_type=&sort=percent&ordering=desc

I just got the Stranger Things Edition from the sale because Demo is the killer I think I'll most likely enjoy and I'm figuring on buying Plague, Leatherface, and Myers for perks that seem nice. If the sale is real, I'd splurge more.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ape Agitator posted:

Is psprices just messed up right now? They say there's a 50% discount on DLC on the PSN in the US, like Leatherface and stuff. Doesn't match with my PSN.

https://psprices.com/region-us/search/?q=Dead+by+daylight&platform=&show_dlc=on&content_type=&sort=percent&ordering=desc

I just got the Stranger Things Edition from the sale because Demo is the killer I think I'll most likely enjoy and I'm figuring on buying Plague, Leatherface, and Myers for perks that seem nice. If the sale is real, I'd splurge more.

Plague and Bubba are great for their perks, but they're also generally a lot more fun to play than they used to be nowadays as well, Miguel Myers is also fun but if you want to keep enjoying him, don't play Ghost Face, it's hard to go back after :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Scratched Mirror Myers with an indoor offering is the most immersive and fun thing ever, though.