Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

iSketch

some of the most fun ive had on a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yep isketch for me too. loved that poo poo

sketchful.io is a fairly good replacement

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jonny 290 posted:

nanaca crash for us. i still dont even know what anime it's based on.

woah haven't looked at that one for a long time

runs in a flash emulator now

https://megami.starcreator.com/nanaca-crash/

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

iSketch

some of the most fun ive had on a computer

oh god this was a blast

we had a zoom hangout for a friends birthday earlier this year and he requested we do one of these clones with his friends from back home and it was just an excellent time

about 3/4s through i was getting some poo poo because i would take half the time to draw the most inconsequential aspect of my keyword and then rapidly fill in the rest in broad strokes for people to ring in lol

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Swatch Internet Time

quote:

Swatch Internet Time (or .beat time) is a decimal time concept introduced in 1998 by the Swatch corporation as part of their marketing campaign for their line of "Beat" watches.

Instead of hours and minutes, the mean solar day is divided into 1000 parts called ".beats". Each .beat is equal to one decimal minute in the French Revolutionary decimal time system and lasts 1 minute and 26.4 seconds (86.4 seconds) in standard time. Times are notated as a 3-digit number out of 1000 after midnight. So, for example @248 would indicate a time 248 .beats after midnight representing ​248⁄1000 of a day, just over 5 hours and 57 minutes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mediaphage posted:

about 3/4s through i was getting some poo poo because i would take half the time to draw the most inconsequential aspect of my keyword and then rapidly fill in the rest in broad strokes for people to ring in lol

hell yeah the only way to play

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i am an addict for the isketch noise where if you were the first to guess the correct answer, there was like a .5s pause and then the clock would start ticking first before the dUN DUNDUN DUN! that whole game was super pavlovian

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i still have the isketch opening theme music in my head

*highly compressed jaunty guitar music*
*isketch logo squashes nonproportionally off to the side*

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i still have the isketch opening theme music in my head

*highly compressed jaunty guitar music*
*isketch logo squashes nonproportionally off to the side*
lol yuss. shape tween!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
there's a guy i see while walking the dog most days now who always has a discman in one hand and 3 jewel cases in the other. he is crazy obese and has a backwards bluejays cap and oakley's and i love it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
woah, there's a wall-sized mirror on your dog walking route?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jabor posted:

:golfclap:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

there's a guy i see while walking the dog most days now who always has a discman in one hand and 3 jewel cases in the other. he is crazy obese and has a backwards bluejays cap and oakley's and i love it.

siiick

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Jabor posted:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

google video

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I sketch ruled and I spent waaaaay too much time on it in college

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jabor posted:

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

nanaca crash for us. i still dont even know what anime it's based on.

i got a ridiculous run in nanaca crash once. during the run i just walked away from my computer he was hanging in the air so long

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol. nanaca crash.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it always pissed me off that the dude hugged one of them. why didn't she kick him further??

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cloudflare uses lava lamps to seed RNGs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

they shut that down, but i sniped a picture of it and use it as a greenscreen bg when i want to check new hires' knowledge of the CDN market

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wait. what?

e: lol this rules https://blog.cloudflare.com/lavarand-in-production-the-nitty-gritty-technical-details/

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 4, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

aww… and i used that as an example of generating randomness just last week :(

i like the idea of that for a zoom bg though and i might grab it too

mostly linking for the fun dog and the photo

https://www.sciencedog.org/2018/12/03/cloudflare

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i think this nudges out the dice machine for me. that's cool as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n8LNxGbZbs

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i think this nudges out the dice machine for me. that's cool as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n8LNxGbZbs

Dice machine is superior.

LavaRand is a goofy but somewhat practical and effective way to get reasonably random seed values, which is important from a security perspective.

Dice machine is for grogs who must have only the most truly random values for their elf games. Because the next dice roll could be theoretically guessed by a nation state level adversary behind the GM screen, they must have actual lumps of plastic roll, somewhere, or the true nature of reality for their elfgames is in doubt.

Dice machine is completely unnecessary engineering writ large for the superstitious whims of grogs.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i always viewed it as good marketing :shrug:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

VIA chipsets

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty
4-D mice.
Two wheels so you can scroll up/down AND left right.

Mine was infra-red """wireless""".

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

anyone else remember when dell was launching the steak and they did it by dressing a bunch of dudes up as bikers and they stormed the office yelling at everyone to get in the lobby and the swat team showed up

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hell yeah

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
they should make a mouse with 5 wheels
we have 5 fingers ffs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s already got 5 Botons, you monster!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

anyone else remember when dell was launching the steak and they did it by dressing a bunch of dudes up as bikers and they stormed the office yelling at everyone to get in the lobby and the swat team showed up
lmao i would like some more detail about this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Which conference was it where all the CEOs and presenters at the keynote dressed up like hot topic kids and the theme was "sales punks" or "hr punks" or something

There was a tweet with pictures but I can't find it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

https://www.computerweekly.com/microscope/news/2240153208/Dell-staffers-arrested-following-botched-PR-stunt

According to police in Round Rock, Texas, two members of a small sales team had "enacted an in-house product promotion scheme, with little or no notice to co-workers, internal security or Dell executives."

"Essentially, a member of the marketing group who wore dark clothing with a face-hiding, skull-pattern mask held aloft small metallic items as he rushed through densely staffed areas while yelling 'go to the lobby'," said the police.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

dell launched an android tablet line called the dell streak (which yospos immediately dubbed the dell steak)

like a lot of early iphone/ipad competitors the marketing was built around being tough rugged manly machines for REAL MEN to do REAL WORK on, unlike those sissy oh-so-elegant la-di-dah limp-wristed apple products

so the dell streak team did an internal marketing stunt (to get people at dell excited about this whole new products) by hiring a bunch of dudes dressed as bikers to wander around the main dell campus yelling at people and demanding to know if they were pumped about this kickass new tablet

but they forgot to notify or clear it with site security so when a bike gang rolled onto dells campus and a bunch of tattooed bikers jumped off their bikes and started screaming at people and stomping into buildings welp here comes the swat team

the product ended up being about as well thought out as the marketing plan

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

bahahahhahahahahah

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
one funny thing about the steak is how everyone mocked it when it came out because a 5" screen was ludicrously huge for a phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i remember seeing a guy with the original galaxy note on the bus and being aghast at the size. it looked dumb as poo poo, like he was talking on a paperback book.