Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Raiz is really having a lot of fun with this race commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Raiz is the best caster for PoE stuff. The PvP match in the last Havoc Blitz is 5/5 content

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Papercut posted:

Raiz is really having a lot of fun with this race commentary

I tuned in for him to say "retard... uhh I mean rhubarb"

I never watch Twitch or use voice chat and forget that I have to like adjust to gamer speak.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elentor posted:

BA Elementalist Epilogue:

I did the feared the hidden blabla every boss and then to wrap up uber elder, some good old So Paulo action:

https://i.imgur.com/gKGhLzp.mp4

Deathless.

drat, girl, the server is bad but I don't have it THAT bad.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Real sao paulo hours lmfao

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The top racers seemed to all be using Armageddon Brand for clearing and added Cremation + Wave of Conviction for bossing, with Smoke Mine + Flame Dash for movement, is it safe to assume that's the optimal league start strategy for next league if nothing changes?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zero VGS posted:

The top racers seemed to all be using Armageddon Brand for clearing and added Cremation + Wave of Conviction for bossing, with Smoke Mine + Flame Dash for movement, is it safe to assume that's the optimal league start strategy for next league if nothing changes?

Probably. They also throw down flame wall on the boss. Tytykiller has a video.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Elentor posted:

A lot of people analyzed that video and the only solid conclusion was "my character died of a heart attack".

offscreen attack didn't render would be my best and really only guess, cuz otherwise who the gently caress knows

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Erulisse posted:

Here's what I would do if I would not be too lazy to do this before league start:

- write down a list of links from Lioneye to maps with colors
- compare what bases have best chance of 4L of these colors (like int/str armor for red-blue links or ev/int for blue-greens)
- add these specific colors to leveling filter with big red tags
- have a post-it close to monitor with list of total links needed (off top of my head like b-b-b-b r-b-b-b b-b-b-g r-g-b)
- pick only these if they drop, scour\alch\ess if needed
- craft resistances\hp at hideout

Alternatively, check 'adjacent' builds for supplied filters, like ShakCentral does for his Occuvortex build (b-b-b-g+ with INT/es bases) every league.

or just download tyty's caster or melee filters and use those for day 1. stupidfathobbit's filter is really good for day 1-2 or so. A few other people have good racing filters, but I see most people who zoom just using tyty's at this point

Zero VGS posted:

nah that's just racing meta. It's at or near optimal for getting to act 5 or act 10, but a bunch of other builds finish act 10 within 10% or so of that and several of them scale into yellow/red maps/bossing/delirium farming quite a bit better.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 4, 2021

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Zmej posted:

everytime craigk plays dota, an elentor character dies in poe

lotta fuckin deaths

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

If you're on trade, be aware that SSF racing builds aren't so impressive for the most part. Even compared to non-group play people you'll never get anywhere close to outpacing the guys who just can just buy a tremor rod and the other miner poo poo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Armageddon Brand/Crema is the fastest way to get to maps on league start, doesnt matter if its trade or SSF
BBBF poison, either Occultist for fast or Assassin for dps, is right now the strongest build to go from zero to hero. Its a strong mapper, especially once you get Obliteration, and has plenty of boss dps. The first 38 levels of poison Occultist are absolutely horrible though
Mines arent even remotely close

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Don't have to take my word for it, just look at day 1 and disable aura bot/curse bot/mf carry items.

e: Actually nm I still recognize most of those names are definitely groupers, it's kinda a wash either way,

Jean Eric Burn fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 4, 2021

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

also you can easily convert your arma brand race build to a self DD one once you’re in maps. it’s insanely strong if they don’t nerf the spectre health interaction.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Even with trade and grouping, at the end of the first day the difference is only like 3 levels between ssfhc and trade league

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
So I've broken the 2k hours played barrier, and there's still so much I don't understand about the game (which I love). I don't really use guides or do heavy math to min/max beyond checking to see if a build idea would possibly be functional, and I do use PoB, but not too heavily.

I have a couple questions that I've been having trouble finding clear, concise answers about.

One: How do people manage to get such high ES numbers when they go CI? I understand you gotta have that good good ES gear, but Ive seen people with 10k plus and I just don't understand.

Two: Is a Shav's pretty much mandatory if you want to go low life? Also, how is LL achieved? Auras with Blood Magic? I'm real dumb.

Three: I'm building a bleed/lacerate gladiator to finish off the league, because I've never done it before and why not. How is max block achieved? Judicious use of the passive tree I assume? Cluster jewels? I'm at 61% right now without Glancing Blows(?).

My two most successful builds to date happened to be this league. First was a BF/BB poison Trickster, because I like the Trickster defensives and I wanted to see how Harvest the Void would interact with it, and nobody does Trickster for BF/BB. I also lucked into an Unholy Might corrupt on one of my Obliterations, and along with the large cluster jewel passive I have 100% UM uptime. It's real fun.

The second is the latest iteration of my dumb all elements skellymancer that takes advantage of all the bonuses on the Femurs of the Saints staff. Triad grips with red/green/blue sockets so all pets do all things and cause all ailments. Obviously skeletons 6L on the staff, popcorn raging spirits linked with phantasms in the helm, and 3 Redemption Sentry spectres. Zombies and earth elemental linked to both meat shield and feeding frenzy purely for defense and utility. Popcorn SRS/phantasms works really well with the Life from Death cluster passive.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you want the highest possible energy shield you're playing a int stacking build. Every 10 int is 2% increased maximum energy shield and you can get 1000+ int without too much trouble which is 500% increased.

J
Jun 10, 2001

WTF BEES posted:

One: How do people manage to get such high ES numbers when they go CI? I understand you gotta have that good good ES gear, but Ive seen people with 10k plus and I just don't understand.

Two: Is a Shav's pretty much mandatory if you want to go low life? Also, how is LL achieved? Auras with Blood Magic? I'm real dumb.

Three: I'm building a bleed/lacerate gladiator to finish off the league, because I've never done it before and why not. How is max block achieved? Judicious use of the passive tree I assume? Cluster jewels? I'm at 61% right now without Glancing Blows(?).

1) For ES, don't forget that INT gives ES. Big ES builds typically have large INT rolls where they can get them. Also check their watcher's eye, it probably has "Gain % of mana as extra ES" mod on it, which is expensive but also adds a lot of ES.
2) Shav's is generally the go to, although there are ways to make Ivory Tower work as well. Yes, you activate LL by linking a few auras to blood magic to ensure your life pool is low enough.
3) Passive tree, and a properly placed red nightmare jewel should get you there as gladiator. Non-gladiators will often use a rumi's flask to reach max block since it is harder for non-gladiators to get there. I'm not familiar enough with gladiator builds to know if they are using cluster jewels or thread of hope to grab block nodes but those are also possibilities.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
1. Energy from Within next to Infusion or by Pain Attunement, Guardian's Radiant Faith passive, bumping up levels on Discipline, and as J said, stacking INT.
2. What J said. Prism Guardian very common for BM auras.
3. You definitely don't need Glancing Blows as a Gladiator. Jewels (both regular and cluster), The Anvil, a good shield (you probably want The Surrender) and a few passives should get you capped.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please, do not take Glancing Blows as a Gladiator. Innocence forbids it.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

whypick1 posted:

1. Energy from Within next to Infusion or by Pain Attunement, Guardian's Radiant Faith passive, bumping up levels on Discipline, and as J said, stacking INT.
2. What J said. Prism Guardian very common for BM auras.
3. You definitely don't need Glancing Blows as a Gladiator. Jewels (both regular and cluster), The Anvil, a good shield (you probably want The Surrender) and a few passives should get you capped.

OOOO I actually have the precursor shield to the Surrender, but can't get my grubby mits on the proper blessing.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Are you playing on trade league? A goon should be able to hook you up with a blessing / they're probably super cheap to buy.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

dyzzy posted:

Are you playing on trade league? A goon should be able to hook you up with a blessing / they're probably super cheap to buy.

They're 1c.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

WTF BEES posted:

Greetings friend. Bleed/lacerate gladiators are the topic of like every third post I make in this thread because they're my favorite build. Max block is achievable with just the default tree and jewels. The red nightmare can also do a ton of work in the marauder jewel slot. I'm personally in favor of focusing more on damage and life and using a rumi's to hit ~70/70. This build carried me through everything except the feared in ritual hardcore.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

search engine posted:

Greetings friend. Bleed/lacerate gladiators are the topic of like every third post I make in this thread because they're my favorite build. Max block is achievable with just the default tree and jewels. The red nightmare can also do a ton of work in the marauder jewel slot. I'm personally in favor of focusing more on damage and life and using a rumi's to hit ~70/70. This build carried me through everything except the feared in ritual hardcore.

I’m a bad player and following search engine’s suggestions helped me create my most successful character ever 💪

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Here, thought I'd share this and put a little something together to get my feet wet. I'm not sure if I like the picture quality (the OBS captures I have are WAY cleaner), and I think the "fuzziness" has to do with Camtasia's encoder and possibly attempting 60 FPS. I know, Camtasia is baby's first video editing software, but I got it free from work, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys aware of any video editing software that has an easy to jump into GUI? I'm not worried about cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJVZ_krsbfk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

New pob

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Dahbadu posted:

You guys aware of any video editing software that has an easy to jump into GUI? I'm not worried about cost.

For the most basic poo poo I just use Shotcut, it's free

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

No Safe Word posted:

For the most basic poo poo I just use Shotcut, it's free

:glomp:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah +1 to shotcut, it's perfect for slapping together gameplay recordings

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I used https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

It's basically professional software minus the fancy stuff to make it free.

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

totalnewbie posted:

I used https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

It's basically professional software minus the fancy stuff to make it free.

Gonna +1 on this. Resolve is super good and the process to crop and render a clip is real quick once you get familiar with it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Dahbadu posted:

Here, thought I'd share this and put a little something together to get my feet wet. I'm not sure if I like the picture quality (the OBS captures I have are WAY cleaner), and I think the "fuzziness" has to do with Camtasia's encoder and possibly attempting 60 FPS. I know, Camtasia is baby's first video editing software, but I got it free from work, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJVZ_krsbfk

For basic stuff, avidemux is super easy and quick to use.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Not bad....

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nice, being able to add up all your dps is going to be really helpful.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You may all cheer now, but once GenCry is balanced, only then, will you understand: PoB hiding the real DPS of certain skills is the last line of defense they have against the nerf bat. A dark knight, protecting us. We may look up to its Lua code and puke in disgust, we may look up at its abandonment, left behind by its creator, and shun him, shun. But secretly we knew that we were protected, safeguarded by it being unable to make Firestorm work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Nice, being able to add up all your dps is going to be really helpful.

The developer said it could take up to 40 seconds for those numbers to pop out

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Elentor posted:

You may all cheer now, but once GenCry is balanced, only then, will you understand: PoB hiding the real DPS of certain skills is the last line of defense they have against the nerf bat. A dark knight, protecting us. We may look up to its Lua code and puke in disgust, we may look up at its abandonment, left behind by its creator, and shun him, shun. But secretly we knew that we were protected, safeguarded by it being unable to make Firestorm work.

Anyway here's my new Cactaur build with 20,000 sheet DPS

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

euphronius posted:

The developer said it could take up to 40 seconds for those numbers to pop out

It takes a lot longer to do it manually, it's still really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1379599639934984195?s=19