Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Tenzarin posted:

I think they only show up on uniques.

Its this so far as I know.
Only on legendaries, but bear in mind this also includes armor setpieces.

Im wt12 and still havent found a Claymore mod, or more than 1 legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Servers are down again

Offriders!

Also, the server-status page is a joke

Raged fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 4, 2021

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
This baby's coming with me to the end-game. Smashing that level up button like there's no tomorrow.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Elendil004 posted:

Sometimes when you load into the first hub area onto someone you uh...dont...

I just had this happen to me.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/rally-vincent/video/130546671

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game. I just got an lmg and a shotgun that have bone hurting juice and lightning drops and it's a ridiculous combo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Floppychop posted:

it spins at a consistent speed, so just strafe while hipfiring. If the fire/lava gets close just use a skill to avoid it. I used the "aiming" part of Gravity Leap on Devastator, borrowed time on Trickster is great too. I'm fuzzy on the other classes, but basically anything that makes you invulnerable or a blink will work.

explosivo posted:

It does stop rotating eventually, so you should be able to focus on sprinting to stay ahead of it and take some potshots if you want but it SHOULD eventually stop and let you shoot. I just kinda unloaded on it at this point, I don't know if shooting the orange.. globs.. helps at all but I was aiming for those. I should note I notched down the difficulty one level for this fight but haven't had to do that since that fight.

Thanks for the tips. I went back in and died again, but figured out how to work the side-strafing, I just was taking way too much damage if I made a mistake (and I'm bad at games) so I dropped down to WT5 and ran it another time and finally got through it, then bumped back up to WT6 (max) after getting past this.

Finally got to stay online for a fairly nice play session, only disconnected once and was able to immediately get back in... luckily I was in camp taking care of post mission gear stuff at the time, so nothing but a couple remods had to be redone.

I really hope they get a handle on this disconnect thing as it's making an otherwise pretty fun game into something that annoys me a lot, as I'm constantly thinking I'm going to be disconnected at the worst possible time now.. heh..

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Finally bought the game after the launch day stuff settled somewhat. It's far and away a better experience now being able to tone down the screen shake and increase the frame rate in cutscenes and have high FPS with DLSS on.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

My shotgun pink-mist machine has gotten to a new level with a mod I stumbled into:

Note the firepower - this is thanks to Twisted Rounds.
With the Perpetuum Mobile mod, any kill at 3 shells or below refills the gun - and doesn't end the effect (the effect lasts 2 magazines)
The effect procs -after- you pull the trigger, so firing when you have 3 in the mag actually procs while the gun has 2 (so you have 3 chances to refill in a six-shooter - it can proc on the last bullet in your gun)
Oh - and for you shotgun lovers: this also gives you infinite ammo.

In essence it is now an infinite duration buff as long as I can 2 shot an enemy - which, apart from actual boss-bosses - is nothing I've run into.
I used to run it with Vulnerability bullets, which is a 25% damage boost on hit - solid for follow-ups, but infinite damage boost is way stronger so far.

Highly suggested if your build uses a gun-buff type skill at all!

---

Got my first legendary armor:

For a skill I don't use!

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 4, 2021

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Well, beat the game. I have nothing positive to say about the final boss, it's ugly, the first phase is extremely boring, and the second phase is just "gently caress you" to my build i guess. And of course if you die on second phase, you get to do the boring first phase over again. So my advice is just crank the WT down to 1 and dome the boss and get to the fun end game! That i haven't experienced yet because my game keeps crashing when i try to load into it.

Despite my above bitching, i'm fairly positive on the game. When you really get into the groove of a fight it's very fun, and i actually enjoy doing the mental puzzles of figuring out how to modify new armor and weapons to better suit my build. The crafting system genuinely elevates the looter shooter loop since you actually want to look at guns to see if they'll give you a new mod, and also to see if you can make them work with what your playstyle is.

Game is really fun (other than most of the bosses).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jimbot posted:

I don't even know why they have an authentication process anyway. Absolutely nothing in this game is a GaaS. Not single goddamn thing. You aren't spending real money to get currency or loot or any of that crap. No competitive multiplayer or social hub (beyond just the town for you and your two other friends). So by saddling the game with this trash they now have people talking about how lovely their servers are instead of how awesome exploding bad guys with powers is.

Congrats PCF.

I don't know, but I guess is more than DRM, they may be sending upstream the account data, like xp and loot picked.
But could be more, like the "rolls" of loot being something downloaded from the server.

Warframe uses a similar setup, but only communicate with the central server when the game ends... that is worse because it means if you quit, you get not progress.

totalnewbie posted:

Storyline ending spoilers/discussion:

So at the end, they kill the shaman dude but if the Pax were keeping the anomaly in check then that hasn't done poo poo about the anomaly, right? So it's still going to continue to rampage out of control. So they get some pods and get some temporary reprieve but the world is still desert so they can't grow crops, etc, they still have the fungus killing people unless they sacrifice people on the regular - they're still absolutely hosed. Did I miss something?

My guess is humans are hosed. But maybe they can find some gadget that work automatically, or learn how to use the existing obelisks.

Perhaps not the entire planet is affected by the anomaly.

fappenmeister posted:

Does this tick the same boxes as Borderlands 2&3 when it comes to loot and gun feeling? I'm so wary of buying this, but I have a broken brain and want something new, too.

No. The loot is not has varied and all weapons feel basically the same hitscan automatic rifle. But sometimes it does look and feel similar, withouth the cartoony shader.

CuddleCryptid posted:

"Hey since this game can be played fine offline can we get a pause option while singleplayer to, yknow, take care of children and pets during long fights"

"Nah, actually if you go into the menus you go out of cover"

"Okay well if it has to be online can you at least make it easy to group with people to get through fights faster"

"Also no"

Gamers always get the worst part of the deal. I heard pause is possible if you have the nvidia feature ansible.

Really the matchmaking feature is terrible. Its hilarious when you search a game and it find one and ask again for confirmation. Why the hell this confirmation exists? if you are not looking at the screen (and why whould you?, nothing happens on the screen while it search) you may miss it. Terrible and dumb.

Tei fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 4, 2021

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Any suggestions on pyro setups around the Forest? I’m level 22 and wt 9. I keep dying here and there over the quarry and this zone so I’m not progressing WT anymore.

I’m running overheat (with overheat damage on burn consumption mod and another gear mod that does damage on skill cast when stuff is on fire), volcano rounds (weakness/anomaly power/extra mag), volcano (extra charge). I have an assault rifle that causes burn to things I damage when I reload so I’m using that + volcano rounds to keep stuff on fire.

What I had been doing for the last 10 hours was big mag LMG + volcano rounds + kill something under 35% mag to refresh mag, and stacking anomaly power as a dot build. Somewhere two bosses back I had to switch to an AR that did more damage. I have a roughly equal level LMG right now but it’s just not where near the dps I need compared to an AR. So basically instead of having infinite volcano mags like I used to and dot everything, now I’m running volcano rounds on my AR and burning with the reload perk to try and make up in between but it’s struggling except all the monsters chimp rushing me on this map.

I’m still unsure of dropping WT. I’ve done that(down to 8) for the last 2 bosses and some encounters here but I don’t know if that impacts me a lot or not (other than the values in the WT screen that it informs you about)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Tei posted:

Gamers always get the worst part of the deal. I heard pause is possible if you have the nvidia feature ansible.

Yep, people have confirmed that you can use Ansel (the Nvidia screenshot tool) to pause the game in singleplayer. That's funny.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Why do "breach" shotguns exist in this game? Why would you ever use that variation? Oh boy, I can't wait to trade away my accuracy and range, half my magazine size, 20% of my crit damage, and 30% of my weapon damage, all so I can drop my fire rate from 0.88 seconds per shot to 0.70 seconds per shot and reload 0.5 seconds faster. What a good trade.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Nigulus Rex posted:

Any suggestions on pyro setups around the Forest? I’m level 22 and wt 9. I keep dying here and there over the quarry and this zone so I’m not progressing WT anymore.

I’m running overheat (with overheat damage on burn consumption mod and another gear mod that does damage on skill cast when stuff is on fire), volcano rounds (weakness/anomaly power/extra mag), volcano (extra charge). I have an assault rifle that causes burn to things I damage when I reload so I’m using that + volcano rounds to keep stuff on fire.

What I had been doing for the last 10 hours was big mag LMG + volcano rounds + kill something under 35% mag to refresh mag, and stacking anomaly power as a dot build. Somewhere two bosses back I had to switch to an AR that did more damage. I have a roughly equal level LMG right now but it’s just not where near the dps I need compared to an AR. So basically instead of having infinite volcano mags like I used to and dot everything, now I’m running volcano rounds on my AR and burning with the reload perk to try and make up in between but it’s struggling except all the monsters chimp rushing me on this map.

I’m still unsure of dropping WT. I’ve done that(down to 8) for the last 2 bosses and some encounters here but I don’t know if that impacts me a lot or not (other than the values in the WT screen that it informs you about)

I'm doing something similar, armor perks are 2 round volcano mag, and then whatever your first skill that causes ash is with perks to make it refill my mag by 1/3 for every enemy it affects, make it affect an additional enemy, and heal for 125% on use. I usually use living bomb for my last skill, with the armor perk that makes it inflict ash on everything in a smallish radius when the affected enemy is detonating. You could also use the armor perk on your immobilize that increases the efficiency of your weapon leech against burning targets, since you have almost 100% uptime on volcano rounds.

It seems like the build strategy is (at its absolute most basic) a. figure out what makes you get health back; b. use skills and perks that let you do that all of the time

e; oh, and the T1 weapon perk that inflicts burn on targets that are below 50% health and causes the shot to ricochet to another target within 5m is great too for the few times you don't have volcano rounds up

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 4, 2021

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Nalin posted:

Why do "breach" shotguns exist in this game? Why would you ever use that variation? Oh boy, I can't wait to trade away my accuracy and range, half my magazine size, 20% of my crit damage, and 30% of my weapon damage, all so I can drop my fire rate from 0.88 seconds per shot to 0.70 seconds per shot and reload 0.5 seconds faster. What a good trade.

Something is up with those.
If they did more damage per shot they might be worthwhile but the trade offs right now are godawful.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i have successfully co-opted the outriders tag in the discord gif search

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm afraid to read 50 pages of complaining about how the server downtime is awful and how this should never have happened especially with a single player game, but I also wanted to pop in here and say that I made a Devastator build at level 24 where I just punch people for 8k damage every 2 seconds and that amuses me. Maybe that's weak, I dunno, but it's good enough for me.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I really want to like this game but every time my hunt the prey activates, puts the debuffs on the target, and either doesnt move me or puts me in front of the cover they're behind that becomes slightly less likely.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there any Trickster player not using twisted rounds? I can't really imagine using another build if I'm pushing the world tier as fas as it goes, would like to know what everyone uses.

Currently, I'm runningTemporal Blade, Twisted rounds (+damage, extra reload, extra crit damage), and Borrowed time (extra armor and reduced cd), with weapons that refund ammo on crit. Maybe as I reach tier 2 mods it'll be different but besides changing temporal blade to the blink ability (to deal with the loving marksmen) I just don't know what else I'd run. BT with extra armor is a must, I get destroyed in 5 seconds flat when it's not up.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I really like how many nasties the game sometimes throws at you...

Help!

https://i.imgur.com/HzqwB81.mp4

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I love that this game doesn’t do what the Division and Destiny games do and have super long cool downs on all your powers. I can become a murder top or have my slow bubble up a lot and it’s a ton of fun.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
While leveling it seems way more practical to keep pumping iron to a single blue gun than any of the ones you get from drops

Sniping people with this shotgun

Costs like a single iron node per level instead of titanium for purples and above

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

fast cars loose anus posted:

I really want to like this game but every time my hunt the prey activates, puts the debuffs on the target, and either doesnt move me or puts me in front of the cover they're behind that becomes slightly less likely.

Yuuup. As a former WoW mage this pains me greatly.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

That gun has the claymore mod, its gonna rip bad guys up no matter what. Pure dmg mods is what you want on guns.

You could disassemble that and get the mod and put it on every gun.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 4, 2021

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yuuup. As a former WoW mage this pains me greatly.

What sucks is that when it works it's beautiful thanks to the mod that makes it put vulnerable on your target and the class traits that up your damage by 40% when attacking from behind. Pop behind enemy -> One or two shot everything that isn't a boss -> go to 1 even on wt10

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I love that this game doesn’t do what the Division and Destiny games do and have super long cool downs on all your powers. I can become a murder top or have my slow bubble up a lot and it’s a ton of fun.

Was playing with some friends I Destinyed with and shared a similar sentiment. In this game you play each class differently, instead of doing the exact same thing 90% of the time and every now and then popping your super. Very much reminds me of Warframe in a good way. Servers are a pain, but all in all, I’m really liking this.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Double post to ask about the Double Gun. Is it an AR that shoots two bullets at a time? Just an LMG with a smaller mag?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's like a hybrid between assault rifle and the light machine gun. It does not use two bullets up at once when you shoot it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lumpy posted:

Double post to ask about the Double Gun. Is it an AR that shoots two bullets at a time? Just an LMG with a smaller mag?

I don't know why it's called a "double gun" like if it shoots twice or something but it does look like they are basically MGs that fire quicker the longer you hold the trigger as far as I can tell.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tenzarin posted:

That gun has the claymore mod, its gonna rip bad guys up no matter what. Pure dmg mods is what you want on guns.

You could disassemble that and get the mod and put it on every gun.

Yeah but the point was that all my other guns were much lower level always and I could keep leveling a single blue. That damage increases with the gun level, and I wouldn't be able to do that with a purple

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jusupov posted:

Yeah but the point was that all my other guns were much lower level always and I could keep leveling a single blue. That damage increases with the gun level, and I wouldn't be able to do that with a purple

You only get one weapon mod with it, though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jusupov posted:

It takes like 50 iron to put that mod on each gun.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
But the other weapon will have it doing 3000 less damage

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Guns don't drop as your level that you can equip?

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

DarkDobe posted:

With the Perpetuum Mobile mod, any kill at 3 shells or below refills the gun - and doesn't end the effect (the effect lasts 2 magazines)
The effect procs -after- you pull the trigger, so firing when you have 3 in the mag actually procs while the gun has 2 (so you have 3 chances to refill in a six-shooter - it can proc on the last bullet in your gun)
Oh - and for you shotgun lovers: this also gives you infinite ammo.

Interesting thing about this mod for Technomancers - if you use the minigun from tool of destruction, it also replenishes on cooldown. I'm only level 13 / tier 6 but along with a Fortify mod and my natural health leech, I just pull my minigun out at the start of every fight and murder everything without my health ever dipping. below like 90%.

edit - hit 14k damage per second non crit at level 16 with this build lol.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 4, 2021

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Jusupov did give me a good idea tho. Since the game comes with the preorder guns which are blue guns that come with t2 dmg mods way way way way before you can ever see them as drops means, that you should use the dlc guns until you get those mods to drop.

Seems like a pretty be flaw with the game hahahaha.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Those guns are like level ten and you can't shard them for the mods though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hulk Krogan posted:

Those guns are like level ten and you can't shard them for the mods though.

If you keep upgrading their level they stay ahead of most weapon drops you'll find, so if you find a good set of perks, roll with them.

I upgraded the bone explosion AR to epic quality and nothing's come close to beating it yet. Level 20 right now.

E: I've currently god Toxic as the second mod on it, but I may swap it out as Toxic isn't as amazing as I'd hoped. It doesn't always proc on enemies (especially elites) and the damage of tier I toxic isn't that hot.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 4, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Oh good point. I keep forgetting you can straight up level up the guns. I've just been plugging good mids into whatever drops at my level.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have no idea how you'd maintain enough Titanium to keep levelling guns. I probably collect enough to level one thing up every few levels, nowhere near enough to keep my guns above the level of what's dropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This is what’s driving me to buy this game. In division and destiny all the skills suffer from too good to use syndrome, but the way this game is setup you need to use your skills or you’re going to get smoked. The weapons are just there to augment your skills and use while they’re on cool down. I dig it.