Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Voodoofly posted:

I believe that one is just called the Southern Cross

Southern Cross is a constellation, not a star.

One of its stars is called Mimosa, which I think is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lotus Aura posted:

Seems like trying a bit too hard to play off the start of day scumclaim as a joke, but also getting too defensive about it in general. ##Vote AtLow

this seems kinda like overexplaining your vote tho. especially when its a thing that's already been pointed out

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Steak why are you pretending to be a rational person

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Steak why are you pretending to be a rational person

Agree. ##vote Steak

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why did you include this part? This makes you look way too defensive about joke claiming, which makes me think maybe it wasn’t a joke claim after all.

Basically I had a whole thing planned where my next posts were going to be about the scumchat thing and then the "I am playing the role I was given because I got a PM that says 'Mafia'" thing, but when I went to put the next part in after my seriouspost I realized that lapsing back into the bit would not, in fact, make my posting any better or more interesting

So I tabled the bit but I still wanted to call out that it was supposed to be going somewhere, I just wasn't going to finish it because I wound up seriousposting about Somberbrero acting like I was playing the game :argh:

And yeah, saying "I'm going to stop doing something but I need people to know why I was doing it!" is definitely defensiveness, so I see why that's what would come through

All this said...

Lotus Aura posted:

Seems like trying a bit too hard to play off the start of day scumclaim as a joke, but also getting too defensive about it in general. ##Vote AtLow

Repeating someone else's points and appending a vote to them is not scumhunting, it is putting on the appearance of scumhunting while not actually being helpful or contributing to the case at hand

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That’s my AT-LOW

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Agree. ##vote Steak

lmao

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ahhh the binus approach

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
u know what, im gonna put my money where my mouth is ##vote lotus

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I don't see how "overexplaining" is a bad thing. I'd rather do that than not explain at all, personally. But whatever, you do what you wanna do Steakums.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lotus Aura posted:

I don't see how "overexplaining" is a bad thing. I'd rather do that than not explain at all, personally. But whatever, you do what you wanna do Steakums.

nice, thank u for understanding how d1 works

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lotus does have a weird avatar

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AT-LOW posted:

Repeating someone else's points and appending a vote to them is not scumhunting, it is putting on the appearance of scumhunting while not actually being helpful or contributing to the case at hand

I don't mind the rest of this AT-LOW podt, it is genuine enough, if overwrought, but I don't like this point. I don't think it's fair interpretation of Lotus' vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I like lotuses avatar, it looks like an old magic card. Wow so cool..

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

AT-LOW posted:

s given because I got a PM that says 'Mafia'" thing, but when I went to put the next part in after my seriouspost I realized that lapsing back into the bit would not, in fact, make my posting any better or more interesting

This literally has never stopped me before

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

At-low feels a little self conscious with that post but he doesn’t seem nervous. Also I like his style.

Lotus’ post is overexplained but I still kinda get it.

So I’m gonna ##vote Hal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I disagree that Lotus' post is over-explained, for what that is worth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I'm not sure I buy a one sentence post as over explanation

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I buy a one sentence post as over explanation

What do you buy? A bunch of bananas at 69¢ a pound?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sazankurosu

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
##vote toalpaz

If jokephase is over, let's just vote scum and be done with it.

:ocelot:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Nice

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

At-low feels a little self conscious with that post but he doesn’t seem nervous. Also I like his style.

Lotus’ post is overexplained but I still kinda get it.

So I’m gonna ##vote Hal

Look who’s scared

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Mr. Steak posted:

nice, thank u for understanding how d1 works

Thank you for reminding me.

##vote Steak

This is more that I don’t want to vote either lotus or at low than anything.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’d vote sand too

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

P. Sure I'm in the same boat as voodoo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Look who’s scared

Hal’s intimidating me!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voodoofly posted:

This is more that I don’t want to vote either lotus or at low than anything.

i understand voting for me, but this justification/distancing i don't understand. you are voting me primarily because you don't want to vote for someone at like -5 votes? that's kind of a weird thing to say

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont like this setting up of a vote trichotomy when nothing of the sort exists. basically nobody has voted anybody yet

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually, im pretty sure voodoo just got caught in his last scumgame (that i played in) for voting "just to get a vote down" rather than voting for scum. this reeks of that same thing.

##vote voodoo

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think it's peculiarly interesting that both Sandwolf and Voodoo posted to the effect of not being interested (at the moment) in voting for either AtLow or myself and then voted for a 3rd individual seemingly spontaneously. These both came after we'd segued into being more serious and in both cases were for an individual neither one had indicated any suspicions for at all. Further to that, quickly checking reveals Sandwolf only mentioned Hal once as a joke in response to a thing RF posted whereas Voodoo addressed two things about Steak that were both related to past games.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That said, I also think it's also peculiarly interesting that Steak noticed Voodoo's vote was more akin to voting for the sake of voting but doesn't seem to even remotely care at all about Sandwolf doing functionally the same thing. I think the reason that didn't catch Steak's attention (it's literally not even mentioned) was because... it was a vote for Hal and not Steak. It was a lot of setup to explain his vote for Voodoo, but spread across 3 posts and it just serves to obfuscate that it's basically an OMGUS.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Looks like Votefinder's down right now so I can't say for sure, but I think Voodoo's the only person currently voting for Steak. Moreover he's the only person who appears to have done so in a way that could be perceived as a serious vote. There's no setting up of a "vote trichotomy" at any point before, during, or even since Voodoo voted for Steak. Steak's response basically reads like he's weirdly shook by it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Or to put it in short: Steak probably scum, Hal/Voodoo probably not, Sandwolf could go either way.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="Lotus Aura" post="513747379"]
I think Voodoo's the only person currently voting for Steak. Moreover he's the only person who appears to have done so in a way that could be perceived as a serious vote. There's no setting up of a "vote trichotomy" at any point before, during, or even since Voodoo voted for Steak.

i dont think you understood what i meant. it doesnt matter how many people are voting for me, what matters is voodoo's stated reason for voting me. or, i guess more specifically, voodoo's weird unnecessary justification for voting me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lotus Aura posted:

I think Voodoo's the only person currently voting for Steak. Moreover he's the only person who appears to have done so in a way that could be perceived as a serious vote. There's no setting up of a "vote trichotomy" at any point before, during, or even since Voodoo voted for Steak.

i dont think you understood what i meant. it doesnt matter how many people are voting for me, what matters is voodoo's stated reason for voting me. or, i guess more specifically, voodoo's weird unnecessary justification for voting me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it just me? is what voodoo said perfectly normal actually?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Mr. Steak posted:

is it just me?

Oh my god it finally happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Steak you voted lotus and at low today, two people I least want to vote. But yes I’d vote anyone who had a vote on them as well, not sure who else was up other than Hal with only 1 vote.

I also think sands vote on Hal sucked. Hence I’d vote him.