Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

hbag posted:

before i get another 70 posts about how im overcomplicating poo poo im going to preface this entire post by saying i have simplified everything and it is all now running on my pi, since apparently some people cant tilt their eyes upward to read anything other than the most recent post

right now sonarr is being a little poo poo and deciding sometimes it'll be accessible via port 8989 after a restart, and sometimes it'll act as if it wasn't even running (i've checked, the daemon is running)

I really want to help you and I'm glad you got your stuff fixed but what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Look into monit if you aren't dockerizing. It's a good simple way to make sure your devices stay up and running and you can probe TCP ports and set failure alerts.

I just checked and it's available on arm64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

before i get another 70 posts about how im overcomplicating poo poo im going to preface this entire post by saying i have simplified everything and it is all now running on my pi, since apparently some people cant tilt their eyes upward to read anything other than the most recent post

no need to get salty, and I saw that and am glad u fixed it :))

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
This is starting to make me want to donate to Linuxserver.io for their wonderful docker images.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
But how do I run this in kubernetes?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
This guy just pisses me right off man, like loving 10 yr old kid, but he was me back then, but I held my tongue.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
poo poo, I was wondering why this bookmarked thread had so many g'drat responses to it all of a sudden.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
hey guys ccan i get some invites

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone got a recommendation for a good indexer to pair with Mylar?

Also why is Mylar such an unwieldy piece of poo poo compared to the equivalents for virtually any other thing? Just lack of interest leading to lack of developer really caring that much?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also why is Mylar such an unwieldy piece of poo poo compared to the equivalents for virtually any other thing? Just lack of interest leading to lack of developer really caring that much?

Dog works pretty well with it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

It isn’t. It’s a fork of a common code base that lazy librarian and a music one also came from. A half dozen years back that was the state of the art. It’s just that then lidarr radarrsonarr came along.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Hughlander posted:

It isn’t. It’s a fork of a common code base that lazy librarian and a music one also came from. A half dozen years back that was the state of the art. It’s just that then lidarr radarrsonarr came along.

While this is true, it doesn't make me feel any better that I have tried three times and still can't get Mylar to recognize my existing collection, so I gave up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

While this is true, it doesn't make me feel any better that I have tried three times and still can't get Mylar to recognize my existing collection, so I gave up.

Have you tried the new Mylar3 (for python 3) fork? The old one was depricated last year sometime I think. Still looks the same but it's where active development is going.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

hbag posted:

actually im starting to think its the fact i ticked the "let plex gently caress with your network to allow access from outside your LAN" thing
it was not this bad before
All that does is control whether Plex sets up a port forward via UPnP for remote access. That will not affect your internet performance at all unless you're actively streaming content to a remote location in which case it will obviously be using bandwidth.

hbag posted:

yeah i fixed it, turned out the issue was actually that the rootdisk had decided to fill itself with garbage and logfiles
setting up a cron job to clean up every so often now
Look in to logrotate, it's set up for most system logs by default on most distros and can automatically archive logs after a certain time or size and then delete the old ones as it goes.

That said if you have log files filling up your disk it's probably a good idea to look in to why. Either something desperately trying to tell you something's wrong or something is misconfigured and is running with debug-level logging that isn't needed. Excessive logging can impact performance, especially when running from a SD card, and will also wear out the flash faster. Automated cleanup/rotation is just working around the most visible symptom.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 5, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wolrah posted:

That said if you have log files filling up your disk it's probably a good idea to look in to why. Either something desperately trying to tell you something's wrong or something is misconfigured and is running with debug-level logging that isn't needed. Excessive logging can impact performance, especially when running from a SD card, and will also wear out the flash faster. Automated cleanup/rotation is just working around the most visible symptom.

yeah im pretty sure its filling up with logs about a service i dont use anymore starting correctly so im gonna just turn that off

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Argh the Pilot monitor function on Sonarr is so annoying. I have it add shows from the trakt ‘anticipated’ list (so much anime I have to delete by hand, but eh) that’s just supposed to monitor the pilot, but the second tvdb updates and adds more episodes to the list it marks them as monitored too. Hopefully they fix it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Did abnzb change their model lately?

SABnzbd is giving me an error when reading the RSS feed and loading the RSS (without any activity in the last 24 hours) instantly gives me a "too much activity/ban" warning.

I assume reading the RSS equals an API call?
Never had the problem before, but it looks like abnzb no longer (?) includes API calls in the free plan - did they previously?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

mcbexx posted:

Did abnzb change their model lately?

SABnzbd is giving me an error when reading the RSS feed and loading the RSS (without any activity in the last 24 hours) instantly gives me a "too much activity/ban" warning.

I assume reading the RSS equals an API call?
Never had the problem before, but it looks like abnzb no longer (?) includes API calls in the free plan - did they previously?

https://usenetreviewz.com/abnzb-review/

This says it went from 100 API calls down to 10. If you can handle only checking it every couple hours, you should still be okay.

edit: that was two months ago though, so who knows if they've reduced it to zero since then

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

https://usenetreviewz.com/abnzb-review/

This says it went from 100 API calls down to 10. If you can handle only checking it every couple hours, you should still be okay.

edit: that was two months ago though, so who knows if they've reduced it to zero since then

Looks like they completely removed API access in the free plan, but upped the download limit to 100 (from 25).

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 23, 2021

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
AFAIK just reading the RSS feed (watching only for new posts) shouldn't count as an API call though?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
nvm

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 24, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is there anything particular I can look for when I notice that a bunch of stuff start's getting 'low health' failures?

I tried getting 2 series recently and I can't download about 90% of the material that shows up on indexers, none of the files are more than 2-3 yrs old. I've made no changes to configuration and I've had a very stable functional setup for quite some time. I am using the following news servers and just verified that I have active accounts / block space left on them.

Newsdemon - unlimited
Vipernews - block
Bulknews - block
Blocknews - block
TheCubenet - block

Any advice / suggestions?

Knifefan
Nov 5, 2008
JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEX

That Works posted:

Is there anything particular I can look for when I notice that a bunch of stuff start's getting 'low health' failures?

I tried getting 2 series recently and I can't download about 90% of the material that shows up on indexers, none of the files are more than 2-3 yrs old. I've made no changes to configuration and I've had a very stable functional setup for quite some time. I am using the following news servers and just verified that I have active accounts / block space left on them.

Newsdemon - unlimited
Vipernews - block
Bulknews - block
Blocknews - block
TheCubenet - block

A lot of retention these days comes down to having an indexer with (semi-)unique obfuscated content/reuploads. What indexers are you using?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Knifefan posted:

A lot of retention these days comes down to having an indexer with (semi-)unique obfuscated content/reuploads. What indexers are you using?

DrunkenSlug, NZBGeek, NZBFinder all through NZBHydra.

Looking at my logs in NZBGet and I was getting a lot of these:

quote:

Could not write to TLS-Socket: Connection closed by remote host

TLS handshake failed for news.newsdemon.com: error:1409442E:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert protocol version

Authorization for news.newsdemon.com (news.newsdemon.com) failed: Connection closed by remote host

Not just for newsdemon but for just about all of my news servers. I ran updates and restarted NZBGet, cleared blacklist in Sonarr etc but I get the same problem again and the same errors in the logs.

Again I haven't made any changes or anything and I've verified that my accounts are active. Internet connection is not an issue either. What gives?

e: all but one of my news servers are run encrypted with no ciphers listed. Am starting to wonder if I am being throttled by my ISP somehow for this (Verizon FIOS). I haven't been terribly active with usenet so would be surprised.

That Works fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 30, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Went back and ran the whole thing through a VPN and still have the same issues. Losing files due to health, getting the same socket error msgs.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

That Works posted:

Newsdemon - unlimited
Vipernews - block
Bulknews - block
Blocknews - block
TheCubenet - block

Newsdemon and cubenet are both the same now which means sucky retention once you get beyond 75 days or so. vipernews, while different, same deal..sucky retention on old posts. out of the ones you have, blocknews is about your only hope on older posts and if they are DMCA'd then it wont matter who you have.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sonarr query.

I've done this before and sorted it out, but for there must be a reference somewhere that I can't find and it's driving me mad.

Constantly have a System / Status notification because:

quote:

Missing root folder: /Volumes/Media/TV 4K

This is from when I bought a new HDD and moved that folder to a new location. Everything that lived there was updated on Sonarr and I've checked multiple times and no show thinks that's its folder. I've also removed the entry for that folder being a base to add new shows. I've updated Sonarr a bunch of times (it's been a few months of this), I've rebooted the system it runs on etc. It's still holding on to this folder and I have no idea why. I should probably just make an empty folder for it to latch on to, but I refuse to bow down!

Is there anywhere else in the software that it might have a reference to this location I've forgotten about?

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

under /settings/mediamanagement you can remove the root folders that SONARR knows about.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yup, I got that one (I think it propagates from the same list the 'Library Import' button does as they both match each other. I'm wondering if I've just been caught in a bug this time and it can't resolve itself for whatever reason. I'm going to end up making the drat folder, aren't I... (or just stop caring about the notification icon, but I still keep clicking it out of instinct!)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

How does Dog compare to DrunkenSlug?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

thanks, NZBGet, very cool!
hopefully rebooting fixes it lol

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Unraid? That very bug is why I switched back to SAB. Before I switched I ran a script that would reboot NZ get every 3 hours and that would ensure the queue would clear up.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Minty Swagger posted:

Unraid? That very bug is why I switched back to SAB. Before I switched I ran a script that would reboot NZ get every 3 hours and that would ensure the queue would clear up.

im not using a raid drive wtf
also SAB was literally just downloading them as text files and not converting them lol

and for whatever reason, after i reformatted the drive (because it turns out some files were corrupt which was causing that funny issue) and set all my poo poo back up, NOW sonarr isnt moving the files when theyre done downloading
or rather it is and it isnt letting it, because its making the directories that it only makes when it moves the files, but then doesnt actually move the files
idfk whats going on with it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

does anyone use blocknews as their primary and also have a fast connection tell me what their maximum speed is?

i just moved from 100/40 to 250/25 fibre and it tops out at 16MB/S regardless of how many connections I let it have in SAB.

I can hit 250mbps on xbox downloading games but not close to sustained and speedtest is telling me that my connection hits 250/25 but thats worthless unless you want a pissing contest with your friends.

Blocknews says they dont have a speed cap but it would seem there is and I want to rule out my provider throttling the connection.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Knot My President! posted:

How does Dog compare to DrunkenSlug?

According to NZBHydra2 indexer stats, it's easily competing on unique hits with DrunkenSlug, even on the free tier. Of course my paid subs to DrunkenSlug and NZBGeek are processing a lot more API hits than the 100 free hits on DogNZB but still, it has lot of stuff the other two don't.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Does anyone have separate 1080p/4K installs of Sonarr and Radarr? If so, how much of a pain are they to maintain?

Alternately, is there a better way to get multiple versions of some things?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

disaster pastor posted:

Does anyone have separate 1080p/4K installs of Sonarr and Radarr? If so, how much of a pain are they to maintain?

I have separate Radarr installs on Windows. It is relatively easy to maintain: The directories are in C:\ProgramData as \Radarr and \Radarr720. You use a shortcut argument to load the correct instance, for example: C:\ProgramData\Radarr720\bin\Radarr.exe -data=C:\ProgramData\Radarr720

One issue is that automatic updates are sometimes wonky and result in the updater killing all Radarr.exe processes and only restarting one of the instances. You could probably sidestep this by disabling auto updates.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that Sonarr is grabbing shows that have been watermarked with a torrent site. I've already added tgx to the must not contain list in Sonarr but some are still getting through. Any ideas on if I should start blocking certain release groups or words.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

disaster pastor posted:

Did you find any new realizations? I may also need this as my Plex server struggles with 4K HDR transcodes.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Did you find any new realizations? I may also need this as my Plex server struggles with 4K HDR transcodes.

That's the same reason I did it, and I just ended up doing separate installs. It was easier than I thought on Unraid; like bobfather mentions, it's probably dead simple on Windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Alright, thanks! I got Radarr installed in a docker container on my NAS, perhaps there is a way to clone it and then run two at once, with a separate directory for the 4K one, that would probably be easiest.