Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
We have the kitchenaid pastas roller as well as the spaghetti and fettuccine attachments. It's obviously not cost effective and a lot more time consuming, but it's an enjoyable experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The Costco Connection has big boomer vibes.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
making pasta isn’t necessarily the most cost effective thing but you can get really creative with it, and it’s a great social/bonding activity for couples, neighbors, friends, families, parents and kids, etc

plus once you know how to make one kind of pasta you can branch out easily and make stuff like ravioli, etc

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Look at all these people with the time to actually do all that poo poo.

Sometimes I change dinner plans because i don't have time to boil water.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Costco Connection is skymall-esque

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im hand pulling my noodle

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Renegret posted:

Look at all these people with the time to actually do all that poo poo.

Plan better

PokeJoe posted:

Costco Connection is skymall-esque

I've never read one, they're always sitting in the break room, Tbh all that poo poo feels too cultish for me

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

SirPablo posted:

It's made by old people, what do you expect?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Wow. It was so simple this whole time. Why didn't I think of that?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh yeah the Jacquot chocolate eggs fit like a glove in plastic Easter eggs and this year's egg hunt is about to get really funny

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Home made pasta is really great but....

Renegret posted:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

I used to go to a chinese noodle place where they would make the noodles in a kitchen with a glass wall so you could watch, it was cool. My fav was the “cutting noodles” where dude would have a big lump of dough and flick noodles off with a knife. They were super good.

It is the best kind of Chinese noodle

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

It used to be better before they changed the recipe.

It’s still good but it used to be better.

When did this change? Last time I had Costco pizza was the before times

Hope it doesn't suck now :ohdear:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

When did this change? Last time I had Costco pizza was the before times

Hope it doesn't suck now :ohdear:

Before than, probably 2 years ago

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Before than, probably 2 years ago

Oh at least 2+ years ago.

A few people have said theirs hasn’t changed so I’m gonna assume that they just unified which recipe they use.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

thathonkey posted:

im hand pulling my noodle

Instead of hand pulled have you considered knife cut?

https://youtu.be/_C8DglGq3_E

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

i read it specifically to keep tabs on them

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Instead of hand pulled have you considered knife cut?

https://youtu.be/_C8DglGq3_E

only in america

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

thank you i would rather just buy the costco noodles

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Do you have kids? poo poo changes on the fly sometimes.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

nwin posted:

Do you have kids? poo poo changes on the fly sometimes.

teach your kids to make pasta

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Ok Comboomer posted:

teach your kids to make pasta

He’s two. I usually let him stir some uncooked oats and rice in a bowl to keep him busy, but that’s ten minutes of cleaning up after.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

nwin posted:

He’s two. I usually let him stir some uncooked oats and rice in a bowl to keep him busy, but that’s ten minutes of cleaning up after.

what, is the toddler not a badass man enough to make his own pasta?

you really should’ve taught him when he was very young and taken advantage of the mammalian pasta reflex

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Ok Comboomer posted:

what, is the toddler not a badass man enough to make his own pasta?

you really should’ve taught him when he was very young and taken advantage of the mammalian pasta reflex

Wtf just happened

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

nwin posted:

Wtf just happened

I couldn’t pick between making an obtuse Achewood reference or a joke about mammalian dive reflex, so I did both

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Vegetable yakisoba good
Not knowing how to make acai bowls bad.

I've never had an acai bowl before but we got the frozen kind at costco. I read the directions not realizing there were two different methods of preparation, so I did BOTH sets of instructions thinking they were meant to be done sequentially, resulting in a hot fruit soup because I didn't know acai bowls were intended to be eaten cold. As hot fruit soup goes, it was nice I guess, but I can't wait to try one again, this time only following ONE set of preparation instructions.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why is the pizza from the food court always like 1000x better than the same pizza you take and bake?

When you get the premade it is always perfect, when you bake at home it's okay, but no where near the same

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nooner posted:

Why is the pizza from the food court always like 1000x better than the same pizza you take and bake?

When you get the premade it is always perfect, when you bake at home it's okay, but no where near the same

They didn't have the same ingredients like at all, sauce Pep and crust were different. Only the Mozz was the same

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Is that take-and-bake ever coming back? Have I asked this before? I really miss it, I'd hack away at it one slice at a time with kitchen scissors since you can't eat the whole thing at once if you don't cook the whole thing at once.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont take-n-bake

i wake-n-bake

:blastu:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I only got the take-and-bake once and it was borderline inedible to me compared to the food court. Way breadier crust and less flavorful sauce and toppings.

If you're taking it home though, always order your whole food court pizza "no-cut." It stays hotter and fresher, you can pick your own size of slice, and also that steel cutting frame always looks encrusted with old sauce and gross to me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

I only got the take-and-bake once and it was borderline inedible to me compared to the food court. Way breadier crust and less flavorful sauce and toppings.
Same. It seems to be a rule for any place that sells ready to serve pizzas and take home pizzas. The take home will always be 1/20th the quality.

Ror posted:

If you're taking it home though, always order your whole food court pizza "no-cut." It stays hotter and fresher, you can pick your own size of slice, and also that steel cutting frame always looks encrusted with old sauce and gross to me.
Pro tip, here.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nooner posted:

The bubbles in pizza come baking at higher temperatures. Home oven can't even get to the heat that commercial ovens can. Even if it was the same ingredients it wouldn't be the same.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Just break your oven so you can open the door when the clean cycle runs!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

secular woods sex posted:

Just break your oven so you can open the door when the clean cycle runs!

Alex French Guy Cooking did that on Youtube so he could get his oven hot enough to cook pizza correctly.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Chinatown posted:

i dont take-n-bake

i wake-n-bake

:blastu:

the only way to do Costco right

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

I get this. What I don't get is why some people hold their nose when they jump in water. Can't you just .. block the air/water flow in the back of your throat? Or however you describe.

I don't really have a Costco near me, so I'm living vicariously through you guys.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Church is closed today. Now I'll never get that 14" wiper.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Sir, this is the Costco thread. You’ll find we all prefer the $300 bidet to the 14” wiper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q0vk_fKDEo