Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Lammasu posted:

I clicked the link but I'm not seeing it in my list of games? did I do something wrong?

Ah yes, it was actually the same for me. I first clicked the link on my phone, told the store I wanted to stay on the Korean store, logged in and then clicked on 'receive'. But that didn't do anything, I had to do the same on my pc and then I also had to choose 'install to device' or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I wonder if MLB day one gamepass came as a shock to Sony? Says it’s published by MLB themselves for the Xbox platforms, so maybe they didn’t have foresight.

There’s quite a gulf in value when you could pay $70 for mlb, or alternatively you could buy a year of Xbox live and upgrade it all to Game pass ultimate and still have change. I guess the only downside would be if MLB only stays on gamepass for 3 months, but then you have the three hundred+ other games to play as well.

In Phil we trust.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Major mlb owner, Nintendo obviously engineered this epic double cross to get chief in smash

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think my current game pass sub takes me through July. What’s the most economical way to extend it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think my current game pass sub takes me through July. What’s the most economical way to extend it?

Wait until it expires, top up on Gold, convert back to Ultimate.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Without letting your current sub expire, the current EA Play 12-month subscription converts to 4 months of GPU which is essentially half off the normal price.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373087-ea-play-12-month-2588-30-amz-cdk-shopto/

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

BisterdDave posted:

Without letting your current sub expire, the current EA Play 12-month subscription converts to 4 months of GPU which is essentially half off the normal price.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373087-ea-play-12-month-2588-30-amz-cdk-shopto/

About the only GPU that's half price these days amirite :downsrim:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Major mlb owner, Nintendo obviously engineered this epic double cross to get chief in smash

Sadly they're just a minority stake holder in the team now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Ken Griffey Jr. MLB games were consistently great.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

Winning Run always gets left out of the DKC-era Rare conversation but that game looked AMAZING

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Barudak posted:

Sadly they're just a minority stake holder in the team now

Can't imagine why Nintendo would have had a problem with the Mariners nope

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Microsoft Rewards. I'm paid up till December 2023. If someone as lazy as me can do it anyone can.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Lammasu posted:

Microsoft Rewards. I'm paid up till December 2023. If someone as lazy as me can do it anyone can.

What do you do exactly?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

The follow-up all star baseball series is one of the goats

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

BisterdDave posted:

What do you do exactly?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards?rtc=1
mainly click on links on Bing. Take a few quizzes for daily sets. Also a lot of Xbox related stuff you can do. Like I said I'm paid up till December 2023 for very little work.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Nope, i've had so many issues trying to play PS1 games lately. Just about every JRPG i've played on ePSXE, i've had to do some troubleshooting of some kind.

ePSXE is bad, go with Mednafen/Beetle or Duckstation.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
Seconding MS rewards. I changed my search engine to bing and do a moderate amount of game pass challenges. Doing just that probably saves me 50% on GPU (or would if I wasn’t paid up until 2022).

I actually really like the game pass challenges, they motivate me to try new stuff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How much input lag does the HDMI In port of a One S add?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How much input lag does the HDMI In port of a One S add?

You dont want to game through it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

irpoweroutlet posted:

Seconding MS rewards. I changed my search engine to bing and do a moderate amount of game pass challenges. Doing just that probably saves me 50% on GPU (or would if I wasn’t paid up until 2022).

I actually really like the game pass challenges, they motivate me to try new stuff

I'm mostly using MS rewards for the 2€ gift cards. It's nice.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
There’s a chrome extension called ABS that will automatically do your daily Bing searches every day. It will even spoof itself as a mobile device so you get the mobile search points too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Finished Prey the other night. Very glad I waited to play on Series X with the FPS boost. It looked and played fantastic, I definitely woulda stopped playing if I tried this on my one. It's a 9/10 for me (I don't give out big scores easily) and might even end up being my game of the year. It does so much right it's almost hard to believe. One small gripe + big spoiler - I just kinda wished your choice at the end was the actual outcome instead of it being a set up for the personality check portion in the twist ending. It would've made the game feel more complete, but I get it as the real ending leaves the door open for Prey 2.

I will gladly shell out for the DLC and start playing it this week.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Oh and if you're looking to buy the Mooncrash DLC like me, buy the digital deluxe edition of the game instead. I clicked on the DLC in the store and its 17 bucks, then I luckily clicked on check other versions and the digital deluxe (base game, mooncrash dlc, and typhon hunter DLC) is $13. It's on a big sale for the next 10 days.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I decided to play Battlefield V for the first time in over a year, and apparently the servers have been unstable/down worldwide all weekend. Based on what I’ve seen on Twitter, EA had no idea and has done nothing to fix it.

lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Saving not working in WD: Legion for a month still takes the cake for me. The sheer audacity and, of course, zero consequences

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Titanfall 3 was trending on Twitter but it's just a bunch of people really bummed out that the next season of Apex Legends will apparently cater to Titanfall fans a lot somehow rather than the IP getting a much-needed and deserved sequel.

What the hell Respawn :negative:

After giving them the funding to complete development and release the original Titanfall when Respawn was in trouble, MS really should have bought them to save them from EA fuckery with being told to make Star Wars games :smith: Remember Vince Zampella was very vocal about being pissed they were screwed by EA with Titanfall 2 (they thought they were just going up against COD and releasing a week beforehand until EA suddenly announced a new Battlefield launching before them after they committed to the launch date) and the whole reason he and the original Infinity Ward team joined Activision in the first place and made COD was to get away from EA, and then they go right back to them and act surprised when they're screwed again.

Gonna be weird as heck if they try to add titans to Apex Legends, they should really just make Titanfall 3.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The titanfall 2 devs OKd the release date

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah, that's what my post says. You missed the part about EA keeping Battlefield and it's launch date secret from them so Titanfall 2 was no longer competing solely against COD (and launching a week earlier) but was instead stuck between that and a Battlefield game they didn't know was coming until long after they'd agreed to the Titanfall 2 launch date?

Was a really lovely thing for EA to do.

There's an interview with Zampella somewhere (I forget who did it now - maybe Eurogamer?) where he was asked about the launch timing and he explained as such, and when asked if there was a future for the Titanfall franchise the EA spokesman stepped in and said something about being committed to the IP and Zampella chimed in with "Whatever the gently caress that means" and seemed rightfully pissed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EA shoulda got Respawn to make a Star Wars FPS game like get them do to the single player for Battlefront or make a new Republic Commando. Instead they crank out a buggy Souls ripoff. Disaster.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I wish EA wasn't forcing the Star Wars IP on their developers.

Need for Speed sucks and has for a long time. Criterion (or what's left of it) has been there and just used to support Star Wars games when they could have revived the Burnout IP. Now apparently they're tasked with taking over the Need for Speed IP and EA should really just let these studios work on the IPs that they're known for. They've bought Codemasters and will probably have them make a Star Wars RPG or something rather than keep doing what they're good at, sucks that Take Two couldn't finalize the acquisition before EA swooped in.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

EA shoulda got Respawn to make a Star Wars FPS game like get them do to the single player for Battlefront or make a new Republic Commando. Instead they crank out a buggy Souls ripoff. Disaster.
As much as I agree with the logic, I'm glad they didn't pigeon hole them into one thing. Let devs do what the gently caress they want. Respawn has more than earned the right. Just means now they can learn and work from the new experience instead of just staying in their lane.

This is why I don't think teams were forced at EA to do star wars, they probably begged for the chance. Did EA give them the proper support should be the question.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah one of those jason schrier articles talks about how every studio pitched multiple sw games when the license deal was signed. Ea just wanted to funnel all the fans into battlefront and do stock buy backs with any money that could have made new games

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Jedi Fallen Order was a massive seller, it's led to EA going 'huh maybe our dev teams can just focus on making good single player games without shoehorned in multiplayer and other garbage'. Respawn have like carte blanche.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just got my Series X and it owns. I wish I had a list of games that upgraded to 60 FPS (either through optimization or just unlocked framerate)

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

AndrewP posted:

I just got my Series X and it owns. I wish I had a list of games that upgraded to 60 FPS (either through optimization or just unlocked framerate)

For a complete list of Series X optimised games you can go here: https://www.trueachievements.com/optimized-for-series-x/games

Alternatively you can make an account on TrueAchievements and use the Game Collection section to see the games you own (if you enter that you have Game Pass it'll populate with all Game Pass/EA Play games). Then you can fiddle with the filter options and save them. I have ones that say how long each game takes to complete, it's site rating /5 and a bunch of other stats.

Edit: found they have a direct link.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 6, 2021

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

irpoweroutlet posted:

I decided to play Battlefield V for the first time in over a year, and apparently the servers have been unstable/down worldwide all weekend. Based on what I’ve seen on Twitter, EA had no idea and has done nothing to fix it.

lol

It’s for the best.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Not sure how to troubleshoot this but ever since I got my Series S on launch day, the screen will randomly flicker to black for about a second, a few times over a 1-2min period upon returning from standby. This seems to happen with HDR games and doesn’t happen after the first couple mins that the console has been on. Also seems to only happen when Instant On is enabled. I’m not sure if there’s a setting somewhere that is messing something up but it sure is annoying. Doesn’t happen with HDR games on my PS4 and haven’t had any other issues with the TV itself (Samsung KS8000). Has anyone else experienced this?

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 6, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you can just sort your game library by platform and it will put the ones with series enhancements at the top with a logo on them.

the back compat games with fps boost are just
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Fallout 4
Fallout 76
Far Cry 4
New Super Lucky's Tale (120fps)
Prey
Sniper Elite 4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
UFC 4
Watch Dogs 2

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

UncleGuito posted:

Not sure how to troubleshoot this but ever since I got my Series S on launch day, the screen will randomly flicker to black for about a second, a few times over a 1-2min period upon returning from standby. This seems to happen with HDR games and doesn’t happen after the first couple mins that the console has been on. I’m not sure if there’s a setting somewhere that is messing something up but it sure is annoying. Doesn’t happen with HDR games on my PS4 and haven’t had any other issues with the TV itself (Samsung KS8000). Has anyone else experienced this?

My Samsung would do something similar with my PS4 Pro. It’d go to black usually within the first few minutes of firing up the console and then never happen again for that play session. Haven’t seen it on the series X or PS5 but it seemed to be a Samsung thing from what I remember googling at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

UncleGuito posted:

Not sure how to troubleshoot this but ever since I got my Series S on launch day, the screen will randomly flicker to black for about a second, a few times over a 1-2min period upon returning from standby. This seems to happen with HDR games and doesn’t happen after the first couple mins that the console has been on. I’m not sure if there’s a setting somewhere that is messing something up but it sure is annoying. Doesn’t happen with HDR games on my PS4 and haven’t had any other issues with the TV itself (Samsung KS8000). Has anyone else experienced this?

Xbox consoles in my experience can hang up going from HDR and back, especially if you don’t give them time to process the transition or whatever. Ive had it happen with Netflix more than with games, and even then it’s pretty rare with the Series X and One X. The only thing I can suggest is a hard reset when it happens.