Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
dipping a pepperette in my clamato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Entropic posted:

dipping a pepperette in my clamato

A rusty Caesar

Finger Prince

Ventral EggSac posted:

Every time I see this thread I get the Pepper Ann theme song stuck in my head now

For me it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QErPDNcj4

Only pepperette instead of leatherette.

take the moon

by sebmojo
i was afraid of that, dont eat meat tho sorry :(

i will gladly eat /drink some dumb :canada: thing most ppl dont have tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Finger Prince

take the moon posted:

i was afraid of that, dont eat meat tho sorry :(

i will gladly eat /drink some dumb :canada: thing most ppl dont have tho

Make a Caesar but from scratch. None of this Motts Clamato garbage, juice some tomatoes and add a healthy dollop of clam juice.

(I wonder if you could put clams in a juicer...)
Ok I guess you could use canned tomato juice if you're using bottled essence of clam.

Oh wait do clams count as meat for your diet?

take the moon

by sebmojo
never rly thought bout it tbh

i will acquire the clam juice may take a bit. ill post in wh&c or someth

----------------

nut

you can get vegan jerky too, just order something fragile off of eBay and they’ll fill the box with it

Prof. Crocodile

don’t lean on me man ‘cuz you can’t afford the ticket
back from pepperette city

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise posted:

So they're kind of spicy, skinny landjäger?

canada is a mosaic, and when different sausage producing ethnicities met they traded all their best ideas and tips to produce "the pepperette"

1 r, 2 t's, 3 p's and 4 e's. that's how you spell perfection.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

Rttpppeeee is not good spelling, Pappsy.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
rttpppeeee://www.google.ca

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Entropic posted:

Prof. Crocodile

Entropic posted:

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
real time text transfer of perfect peppers protocol eeee

cruft

take the moon posted:

never rly thought bout it tbh

i will acquire the clam juice may take a bit. ill post in wh&c or someth

Heads up vegetarian goon, clamato has clam in it.

I had vegan jerky once, it was okay, but it seemed a little pointless to me. Like, nobody's trying to form beef into a facsimile of a banana, why are we going the other way here.

Jackfruit seems like maybe unpretentious vegetarian jerky. I've only had it once but I liked it.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

canada is a mosaic, and when different sausage producing ethnicities met they traded all their best ideas and tips to produce "the pepperette"

I didn't mean this as a dog btw. Just trying to understand

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

I had vegan jerky once, it was okay, but it seemed a little pointless to me. Like, nobody's trying to form beef into a facsimile of a banana, why are we going the other way here.

Jackfruit seems like maybe unpretentious vegetarian jerky. I've only had it once but I liked it.

I wish I could eat jackfruit because it gives that same chewy stringy have to fight it satisfaction like meat, but also is actually better tasting to me. vOv

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also yes vegan pepperettes exist and yes I have eaten them and yes they are pointless but sometimes I just want something from childhood.

Sausage Party makes really good ones: https://sausagepartytoronto.square.site/product/pepperette-3-pack-/29

Pretend I wrote an essay about my complicated feelings about meat here.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Also yes vegan pepperettes exist and yes I have eaten them and yes they are pointless but sometimes I just want something from childhood.

I feel the same way about soy jerky

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I feel the same way about soy jerky

I get horrible cravings about once a year for the stupid soy jerky they used to sell at the trading posts along I-40 when we were kids. And the awful carob chip hippie cookies. I kinda miss them.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also my friends in Ontario Sausage Party will deliver and I can tell you that their cupcakes are also good

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

I get horrible cravings about once a year for the stupid soy jerky they used to sell at the trading posts along I-40 when we were kids. And the awful carob chip hippie cookies. I kinda miss them.

Oh man! Carob! I haven't had carob for AGES! My mom used to make me a quesadilla with brewer's yeast and soy sauce for some reason. Wrapped with a paper towel. She called it a "cheese crisp" for some reason. Even though she knows Spanish and spent a lot of time with the latinx population in Tucson, so who knows?

biosterous

Teddy Thunders posted:

Sausage Party makes really good ones: https://sausagepartytoronto.square.site/product/pepperette-3-pack-/29

Pretend I wrote an essay about my complicated feelings about meat here.

ttm eat the pepperrette

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

hot cocoa on the couch

So they're kind of spicy, skinny landjäger?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

for a long time i worked in a food distribution warehouse and i got product at cost, and i would buy these 4 kg cases of pillars pepperettes for like $25-$30, and eat them regularly as my post-work beer + meat/cheese snack. now tho i go up to the st. jacobs farmers market instead and buy these dope rear end landjaegers which, while more expensive, are the best pepperette i've ever had (honorary pepperette status, doesn't matter that they're tyrolean or w/e)

i fuckin love shriveled up dried meat

yes

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Escape From Noise

I'm very good at reading comprehension.

cruft

tl; dr

Heather Papps

hello friend

it is fair to say a pepperette is like a landjaeger but you could also say they are like a hot dog and technically you'd be correct

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cruft

Heather Papps posted:

it is fair to say a pepperette is like a landjaeger but you could also say they are like a hot dog and technically you'd be correct

Compare and contrast: a pepperette and Marie Antoinette

Escape From Noise

I mean a landjäger is like a dried sausage, similar in a way to salami. A hotdog is like barely a sausage

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

cruft posted:

My friends bought me mushroom jerky from an Asian grocery store in town and though it smelled kind of funny, a bit like sweat, it was so freaking delicious that I think I may have preferred it to actual beef jerky, which I already adore.

cruft

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My friends bought me mushroom jerky from an Asian grocery store in town and though it smelled kind of funny, a bit like sweat, it was so freaking delicious that I think I may have preferred it to actual beef jerky, which I already adore.

I will have to try this!

Plant MONSTER.

Yeah, it wasn't nearly as chewy as traditional jerky but it had a very delightful compacted flossy texture, like someone finely grated dried mushrooms and packed it together tightly. The flavor was so good, smoky and peppery with a bit of that sichuan pepper sensation. Very slightly oily in the most pleasant way.

nut

joirky

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yeah, it wasn't nearly as chewy as traditional jerky but it had a very delightful compacted flossy texture, like someone finely grated dried mushrooms and packed it together tightly. The flavor was so good, smoky and peppery with a bit of that sichuan pepper sensation. Very slightly oily in the most pleasant way.

I've had something similar from a store in Korea and it's excellent. Smoky, chili spiced mushrooms forever.

Manifisto

Plant MONSTER. posted:

hmm very interesting. I will have to check it out next time I'm in an asian grocery but I wonder how I'll be able to tell it from other mushroom products (the kind of thing I often wonder in the asian grocery tbh, which admittedly does make shopping kind of an adventure)

ty nesamdoom!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
What is a reasonable way to try to get into mushrooms? I am not sure what flavour profile I have abhorred let alone what possible compounds common to the mushrooms I've eaten are the culprits. And for certain the texture doesn't help.

As a child I refused to eat them. As a teenager I'd get a single piece slipped into my soup or sandwich to try and prove it's psychological (and it partly might be) but I'd catch the wee bugger. Over the years I've learned to love what I couldn't stand in my younger years, like spinach. But mushrooms... The most that developed was I can stand a piece or two on a slice of pizza and even then not if there's so many their flavour becomes apparent. Are there mushrooms that don't taste similar to others?

The grilled Portobello burgers served in Montreal looked appetizing but I missed out on trying them because the beef at those places was always too tempting.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 4, 2021

Finger Prince

Bright Bart posted:

What is a reasonable way to try to get into mushrooms? I am not sure what flavour profile I have abhorred let alone what possible compounds common to the mushrooms I've eaten is the culprit. And for certain the texture doesn't help.

As a child I refused to eat them. As a teenager I'd get a single piece slipped into my soup or sandwich to try and prove it's psychological (and it partly might be) but I'd catch the wee bugger. Over the years I've learned to love what I couldn't stand in my younger years, like spinach. But mushrooms... The most that developed was I can stand a piece or two on a slice of pizza and even then not if there's so many their flavour becomes apparent. Are there mushrooms that don't taste similar to others?

The grilled Portobello burgers served in Montreal looked appetizing but I missed out on trying them because the beef at those places was always too tempting.

Shitakes.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Bright Bart posted:

What is a reasonable way to try to get into mushrooms? I am not sure what flavour profile I have abhorred let alone what possible compounds common to the mushrooms I've eaten are the culprits. And for certain the texture doesn't help.

Don't cook them too long maybe; you can eat your normal store mushrooms raw and the texture is completely different.
My standard shroom method is to fry/toss them in salt, pepper, butter, garlic and a fresh herbs like parsley at the end

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I like the mods choice for the thread tag. voted 5.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
wasnt checking thread for a bit but ill eat the pepperette lol

----------------