Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Lol, so all that backstory for Venus about her being an international agent and all her action figures/video games was from an actual series and not just background. If so that owns.

:hai:

Read Codename: Sailor V, it’s really fun and more like the 90’s anime in tone (there’s more comedy and it follows a general MOTW style setup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
90s sailor moon's flaw is that it has a really really slow start and while its filler does add a lot at its best, s1 takes a long time to get to the best parts and some of the filler eps in later seasons can still be duds. sailor moon r has some incredibly boring ones after an actually decent anime original opening arc and sailor moon s has like, a couple eps that get very weird about the idea of being gay. in sailor moon s. the season where usagi has romantic tension with a butch lesbian.

which kinda sucks cause otherwise sailor moon s is easily the one that benefits most in the 90s anime

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Arbite posted:

Stone Ocean anime confirmed.

kirbysuperstar posted:

drat, that fuckin rules

:hai:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Colonel posted:

90s sailor moon's flaw is that it has a really really slow start and while its filler does add a lot at its best, s1 takes a long time to get to the best parts and some of the filler eps in later seasons can still be duds. sailor moon r has some incredibly boring ones after an actually decent anime original opening arc and sailor moon s has like, a couple eps that get very weird about the idea of being gay. in sailor moon s. the season where usagi has romantic tension with a butch lesbian.

which kinda sucks cause otherwise sailor moon s is easily the one that benefits most in the 90s anime

I think SuperS might be the only season where I actually prefer the manga version to the anime (which basically turns into the Chibiusa Show and spends a lot of time just spinning its wheels). Hell, there are plot points brought up at the very beginning of the manga arc that don’t show up in the anime until near the end.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Larryb posted:

Read Codename: Sailor V, it’s really fun and more like the 90’s anime in tone (there’s more comedy and it follows a general MOTW style setup)

I preordered the first volume, thanks!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hell yeah stone ocean

marumaru
May 20, 2013

such a feel good story
im happy for her

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ai Fairouz is awesome, yes (she also plays the lead in the most recent Precure series)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah the best off shot of that casting (beyond her being excellent for the role) is that it's going to lead to more Jojo Cure fanart

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ironically enough, in the games Jolyne is also voiced by a Precure (Miyuki Sawashiro who played Towa/Cure Scarlet in Go Princess)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now if Kira Buckland can get cast as Jolyne when the inevitable dub happens, that'd be rad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171skzi5BKc

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The only reason to watch Crystal is seeing Chibiusa pull a pistol on Usagi the first time they meet. Funniest scene in that entire run.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

The only reason to watch Crystal is seeing Chibiusa pull a pistol on Usagi the first time they meet. Funniest scene in that entire run.

Doesn’t she do that in Sailor Moon R as well?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Pretty sure she does, yeah.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(Ai Fairouz)

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Really cool detail: The VA playing Jolyne is Half-Japanese Half-Egyptian, and she got into voice-acting because her and her friends would fandub the JoJo's manga and the first two seasons of the anime into arabic. Must be a dream role for her.

This rules, glad for her.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Grouchio posted:

(Ai Fairouz)
Her heels are sword guards there. :swoon:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Larryb posted:

Doesn’t she do that in Sailor Moon R as well?

Haven't seen R. Just the OG, Crystal, and SS.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Watch more of the 90’s show then. All 5 seasons are available both subbed and dubbed for free over on Viz’s website (as well as on DVD)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't watched Jojo since the first few episodes of Stardust Crusaders. I've been waiting for Stone Ocean to hop back in. I'm excited as heck, Jolyne rules.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FilthyImp posted:

Her heels are sword guards there. :swoon:

Yeah that is turbo dope

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I'm still kind of holding out hope that Shoko Nakagawa will do the opening theme for Stone Ocean, given her blatant lust fangirlish love of Jotaro

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hoping the anime adaptation helps it out because part 6 has some really dire fight paneling.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hoping the anime adaptation helps it out because part 6 has some really dire fight paneling.
I haven't read part 6, can you show some examples?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

It's cool that game finally got a fan translation. Odd that they chose to go with netflix script translation choices though.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I haven't read part 6, can you show some examples?

Grouchio loves spoilers so much he desires to be spoiled!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Anyway the whole dragon orb fight sticks out in my mind as really bad

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I apologize to alzam for making them aware of the youtuber thread

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dragon's dream ftw

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

I apologize to alzam for making them aware of the youtuber thread

Those people are so bad...It was cool to be accused of being a famous youtuber doing an epic fascist psyop stealth mission on somethingawful though.

It got a laugh out of me to see how they're all still just as idpol poisoned as the previous thread though.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 5, 2021

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was cool to be accused of being a famous youtuber doing an epic fascist psyop stealth mission on somethingawful though.
what the gently caress

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can't believe Ibram was Pewdiepie all along

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I love the idea that leftwing youtube is this lucrative space that everyone is insincerely trying to sneak into. Like yeah having half the subs of a 17 year old who says the nword at minecraft and having to pretend to care about which podcasters called kamala harris a cop sounds like the greatest gtift of all time

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But think of all the clout though!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Those people are so bad...It was cool to be accused of being a famous youtuber doing an epic fascist psyop stealth mission on somethingawful though.

It got a laugh out of me to see how they're all still just as idpol poisoned as the previous thread though.
its a pleasure to meet you, kagura mea

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Everything Burrito posted:

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo