Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
MOD EDIT:

Julias posted:

:siren: Keep manga spoiler discussion (anything past the first 12 eps) to the manga thread here.

For the first 12 episodes, you may feel free to discuss them openly here, without spoiler tags, in their entirety. If you don't want to be spoiled, bail out now and watch it. If you want to give episodic thoughts without having to wade through a minefield of other posters posting future spoilers, feel free to make a thread for your reactions with a "no spoilers" policy and post your thoughts in there.

If there are significant differences between the anime and manga that are plot important for later on, please post that stuff in the Manga thread instead of in here.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Enjoy. :siren:

quote:

DIO’s handiwork was complete at the end of the sixth part. Araki, the author of Jojo, summed up the week of creation with these words: “Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.” - Jojonesis 2:1

It's time again, friends. On this day, Jojo has risen and this time her name is Jolyne Cujoh, daughter of Jotaro Kujo. The series opens up with her in prison cussing out her single parent. Sound familiar? Yep, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The last part took us on a road trip around Italy, but this time the series mostly takes place in a localized setting as Jolyne gets used to prison life, with the occasional bizarre encounter, of course.

Compared to previous parts, Part 6 is highly unusual even for a Jojo series. For starters, it's the first to feature a female protagonist. In fact, most of the main cast is female. Second, the story involves very little travel as it takes place mostly inside a prison. The weirdness and wonder comes not from seeing exotic new sights but from the other prisoners and staff she has to put up with. Third, without getting into too much detail, the Stand fights are...bizarre. Very bizarre. But in a good way.

Because of these departures from the formula, Part 6 saw lower popularity compared to the rest of the series. Opinions on it have been historically mixed. Personally, it's my favorite part starring my favorite Jojo and I cannot wait to see it animated. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPlMYlRs-o

Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M2k6E7lMX4

As always, keep discussion limited to what has been shown in the anime up until this point. We all goof on occasion, yours truly included, but do your best to be mindful of what thread you're posting in. See the manga thread here for spoileriffic discussion: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889260

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Legit excited for all the anime-only people to see who imo is probably the most hardcore jojo

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

When is this likely to start?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Probably around late fall, assuming Covid hasn't screwed up production too badly.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

We don't have a date announced yet, and David Productions has been keeping steady with other projects like Fire Force, Cells At Work, and that one volleyball anime. And we still have covid affecting production behind the scenes to some extent. If I was a betting man, I'd say 2022.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Julias posted:

We don't have a date announced yet, and David Productions has been keeping steady with other projects like Fire Force, Cells At Work, and that one volleyball anime. And we still have covid affecting production behind the scenes to some extent. If I was a betting man, I'd say 2022.

This is probably more likely. I have to consciously remind myself that David does other stuff besides Jojo now.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

ground floor

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I've been looking forward to this.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know much about part six, but I know I love Jolyne's hair. And that I will misspell Joylen Jolene Joleen Jojo's name every time I type it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm thinking winter season of this year, it's far enough in the future without being too far

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Imma say 2023

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL8chWFuM-s

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

YggiDee posted:

I don't know much about part six, but I know I love Jolyne's hair. And that I will misspell Joylen Jolene Joleen Jojo's name every time I type it.

It's just Jolene, but the first e is a y.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Your beauty is beyond compare
With shining locks of emerald hair
With ivory skin and eyes of ocean green

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Just nitpicking that it's Cujoh instead of Kujo.

Time to look foward to the weird poo poo only Florida can provide.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Legit excited for all the anime-only people to see who imo is probably the most hardcore jojo

same, really fun times ahead

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Man oh man, Jolyne rules. Stone Ocean is good, gently caress the haters.

Can't loving believe we've got this far guys.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Remembering all the lategame Golden Wind reactions makin me look forward to seeing all the brains this part will break. On the insanity scale, the poo poo that happens in Requiem is like Stone Ocean's midpoint.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It's just Jolene, but the first e is a y.

Jolyne, Jolene, Joleene

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I am excited for more JoJo :)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

C-Euro posted:

I am excited for more JoJo :)

:same:

This is the first time I’m going to be all caught up on the anime, and I’m excited to see what batshit insanity DP manages to translate into TV

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Cant believe they scouted Florida in the middle of COVID.

(There is no way anyone fuckin went to Florida lol.)

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Your beauty is beyond compare
With shining locks of emerald hair
With ivory skin and eyes of ocean green

I'm an easily amused man so I want this to be the ED.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Can't loving believe we've got this far guys.

I'm tickled that we've gotten five Jojo series animated and are moving on to a sixth during the writing period of Part 8.

It's going to be surreal for DP to catch up to the manga.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm tickled that we've gotten five Jojo series animated and are moving on to a sixth during the writing period of Part 8.

It's going to be surreal for DP to catch up to the manga.

I can't wait to see the Jojo driving episode.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Regalingualius posted:

:same:

This is the first time I’m going to be all caught up on the anime, and I’m excited to see what batshit insanity DP manages to translate into TV

:same: I'd been thinking about watching JJBA for a few years and quarantine gave the missus and me the perfect excuse to finally jump in. We both loved it!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Easy Lover by Phil Collins as the ED. Thanks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Level Seven posted:

Have you seen Atlanta? No major spoilers or anything, but... yeah, poo poo does get crazy.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Level Seven posted:

Just nitpicking that it's Cujoh instead of Kujo.

Thanks for pointing this out. Double checked the PV and they are indeed going with the "Cujoh" spelling. OP fixed.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i've been anime-only since 2013 or so & part 6 is the one i've been eyeballing the most. beyond stoked to meet jolyne.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DamnGlitch posted:

Cant believe they scouted Florida in the middle of COVID.

(There is no way anyone fuckin went to Florida lol.)
it sounds like bullshit but i believe it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM2dN2UPmmQ

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

VERY COOL MAN posted:

i've been anime-only since 2013 or so & part 6 is the one i've been eyeballing the most. beyond stoked to meet jolyne.

same here

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I hope they will go to Publix and get a chicken tender sub

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I heard there will be new jojo and I am here to express my approval.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Another anime adaptation of Araki's wild ride. You love to see it.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

already starting to read it and I can’t wait for the anime.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 8, 2021

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Also, reminder that Part 4 is coming to Netflix tonight!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Regalingualius posted:

Also, reminder that Part 4 is coming to Netflix tonight!

Netflix México doesnt have Jojo and it makes me so depressed (although they do have the Rohan OVA, so I guess they should have the rights to stream the show) Maybe doing the dub of 5 parts it's taking a lot of time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was curious and looked it up to remind myself, but the part 4 anime was announced late october of 2015 and started airing the beginning of april 2016. part 5 was announced in late june of 2018 and started airing in early october of 2018. unless there's something huge that gets in the way i guess we can expect 6 to start sometime this year. hopefully we'll get some more info in the next month or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Something huge like a Pandemic might keep them out of the scouting zone