Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Mr. Steak posted:

nice, thank u for understanding how d1 works

But I’ll quote this again as I quoted it before when I voted steak. Steak was calling out someone for overexplaiining a vote, then when lotus points it out this was steaks response.

So I think steak should be well aware of how d1 works. I don’t have some fancy reason to vote someone, I saw at low had the most votes and don’t want to vote him, and I like lotus posts so far, so picked the person who has called them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry steak just had the “what’s going on here post, not the vote on at low”. That was lotus.

Take it back I just don’t want to vote at low anymore. I’m indifferent to lotus now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lotus Aura posted:

Looks like Votefinder's down right now so I can't say for sure, but I think Voodoo's the only person currently voting for Steak. Moreover he's the only person who appears to have done so in a way that could be perceived as a serious vote. There's no setting up of a "vote trichotomy" at any point before, during, or even since Voodoo voted for Steak. Steak's response basically reads like he's weirdly shook by it.

No someone else was voting steak, hold on:

Merk? My phone isn’t scrolling that far back but I think it was merk.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Agree. ##vote Steak

Yep.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lotus Aura posted:

Or to put it in short: Steak probably scum, Hal/Voodoo probably not, Sandwolf could go either way.

Oh wait I don’t want to vote lotus again. Lotus is cool.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My gut keeps telling me that Lotus and Sandwolf are scum together. I have no idea why, but it is insistent.

##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gun to your head Grandi, who in the game is most likely to hold a gun to your head?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Since Pig isn't in this game, I'd think it be you Sandy. We have history and you wouldn't hesitate to shoot me either as scum or town. Also, since you are asking this question, I can totally see it as a preamble to actually shooting a shot you have. If you are a vig, I am shocked you lasted this long.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol no no vig and I petitioned for you to be a stump last time you were prematurely shot !!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

lol no no vig and I petitioned for you to be a stump last time you were prematurely shot !!

Exactly, you are way more likely to vig someone you like than someone you don't. Unless that person is just a fun drain on the game to play with.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voodoofly posted:

But I’ll quote this again as I quoted it before when I voted steak. Steak was calling out someone for overexplaiining a vote, then when lotus points it out this was steaks response.

So I think steak should be well aware of how d1 works. I don’t have some fancy reason to vote someone, I saw at low had the most votes and don’t want to vote him, and I like lotus posts so far, so picked the person who has called them out.

what are you trying to argue against....? im saying your explanation was weird and unnecessary because it was... not necessary. the tacked-on justification for voting me seems s-word c-word, if u know what i mean

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

what are you trying to argue against....? im saying your explanation was weird and unnecessary because it was... not necessary. the tacked-on justification for voting me seems s-word c-word, if u know what i mean

I assure you I do not know what you mean.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

But in all seriousness it’s day 1 I feel much stronger about not wanting to vote some people than I do for wanting to vote any particular person.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have no reads and will vote for literally anyone at this point

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

This guy gets it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Retro Futurist posted:

Same here, tbh.

Haven't been paying attention. I'll catch up in the am

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

lol I’m about here

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
My turn to put my money where my mouth is; ##vote Steak

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think Steak feels fake this game.

That's about my only read.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I think Steak feels fake this game.

That's about my only read.

Yeah!

##vote Mr. Fake

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have town vibes from AT-LOW too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

i understand voting for me, but this justification/distancing i don't understand. you are voting me primarily because you don't want to vote for someone at like -5 votes? that's kind of a weird thing to say

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont like this setting up of a vote trichotomy when nothing of the sort exists. basically nobody has voted anybody yet

Mr. Steak posted:

actually, im pretty sure voodoo just got caught in his last scumgame (that i played in) for voting "just to get a vote down" rather than voting for scum. this reeks of that same thing.

##vote voodoo

This walk up to voting Voodoo, in particular, feels fake.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Moorrrnningggg.

##unvote

*affixes detective hat*

Time to solve this case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

##unvotes It's been so long since I played mafia I forgot how to unvote. Anyways I think the people trying to drag us out of joke phase are the villains.

Toal isn't really playing yet, but this throwaway semi-joke looks scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Grandicap is way less verbose than usual.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

Since Pig isn't in this game, I'd think it be you Sandy. We have history and you wouldn't hesitate to shoot me either as scum or town. Also, since you are asking this question, I can totally see it as a preamble to actually shooting a shot you have. If you are a vig, I am shocked you lasted this long.

Grandicap posted:

Exactly, you are way more likely to vig someone you like than someone you don't. Unless that person is just a fun drain on the game to play with.

This is odd too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Reading it again: that line from Steak is bothering me so much because he uses a poorly thought out meta case that he trumps up with the word 'reeks' to make it sound more impressive.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

merk posted:

Toal isn't really playing yet, but this throwaway semi-joke looks scummy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this lol.

I think I pretty much agree with the steak case and think they were acting kind of scummy early on.

Mr. Steak posted:

unironically tho, im getting weird vibes from voodoo's posting. didnt he post weird smalltalk like this last time he was scum?
This specifically looked like a bad-faith reason for setting up his subsequent vote on voodoo which felt scummy then and still does now.

But those are the only two things that stood out before I stopped following thread.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk what to tell ya, merk. ive just been posting my thoughts, and sometimes also voting. idk why you'd want to vote me for wanting to scumhunt, compared to the like 7 people who have hardly even posted

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

idk why you'd want to vote me for wanting to scumhunt

Why attack a straw man?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

idk what to tell ya, merk. ive just been posting my thoughts, and sometimes also voting. idk why you'd want to vote me for wanting to scumhunt, compared to the like 7 people who have hardly even posted

Well because the thoughts you are posting don’t feel real thus far

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well because the thoughts you are posting don’t feel real thus far

i must be really lost since yesterday i still dont even understand what people found wrong with my posts about voodoofly. it feels like im getting voted just for making a serious vote at all. hence, "getting voted for scumhunting"

this also feels like a case of, person who's posting gets votes cuz they're the only one posting, so i called out the people who have hardly checked into the game yet

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for the record, i dont feel that strongly about voodoofly being scum. u know, day 1 etc etc

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I agree that Steak looks scummy. I’m getting town vibes from Toalpaz. I haven’t formed an opinion on anyone else beyond “eeeehhhhhh”, if even that much.

I’ve also forgotten most of what happened in this thread, sleep has eluded me for the most part over the past few days.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If someone had a dayvig now would be an excellent time to shoot Steak

Or me

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

This is odd too.

How would you have responded to Sandwolf's query?

Sandwolf posted:

Gun to your head Grandi, who in the game is most likely to hold a gun to your head?

Or do you disagree with my assessment that it is more likely to be your friends who d1 vig shoot you than people you are antagonistic with?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

How would you have responded to Sandwolf's query?

Or do you disagree with my assessment that it is more likely to be your friends who d1 vig shoot you than people you are antagonistic with?

It is odd that you happily jumped into that meaningless inquiry instead of actively scum hunt. You're usually doing much more by now on day 1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

It is odd that you happily jumped into that meaningless inquiry instead of actively scum hunt. You're usually doing much more by now on day 1.

Eh, maybe you don't. Just glanced at Dinosaurs. I guess your gut call on two scum without any real work behind it juxtaposition to that meaningless Sandwolf stuff is irking me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m getting town vibes from Toalpaz.

How could you possibly have town vibes from Toalpaz? They've done nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Deadline is in four hours. Thought it was tomorrow.

Might not be around much as it’s a holiday today up here.