Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Space Jam Extended Universe will spin off the new Sassy Velma show and The Matrix 4 in the Post-credits scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Space Jam Extended Universe will spin off the new Sassy Velma show and Johnny Mnemonic 2 in the Post-credits scene.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Space Jam Extended Universe will spin off the new Sassy Velma show and Johnny Bravo in the Post-credits scene.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

10 min short in the bluray of the rapeskunk finally learning consent, voiced bitterly by gerard depardieu

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I am Don Cheadle's soy face

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Space Jam may have been a crass marketing stunt for the Looney Tunes and Michael Jordan, but it at least had the decency to be that and stick with it. It didn't try to be an "expanded universe" of every single property owned by a global megacorporation , just two of them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

fatherboxx posted:

I am Don Cheadle's soy face

...? What has soy got to do with anything about... Well, whatever Don Cheadle is doing?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Johnny Bravo movie is edited down to 10 minutes

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Samovar posted:

...? What has soy got to do with anything about... Well, whatever Don Cheadle is doing?

It's a lovely meme that I can't wait to die off.

I have been waiting a long time.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/soy-boy-face-soyjak

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

galagazombie posted:

Space Jam may have been a crass marketing stunt for the Looney Tunes and Michael Jordan, but it at least had the decency to be that and stick with it. It didn't try to be an "expanded universe" of every single property owned by a global megacorporation , just two of them.

This. The original Space Jam was literally a Nike ad adapted to film and it still looks less soulless and commercial than New Legacy.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 5, 2021

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Vandar posted:

It's a lovely meme that I can't wait to die off.

I have been waiting a long time.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/soy-boy-face-soyjak

Apparently having facial expressions means you're a soy boy (another meme I crave the death of)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Samovar posted:

I am similarly excited about the sweet embrace of nothingness and the new batch of funko pops
They should give Foodfight another chance

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mischalaniouse posted:

Apparently having facial expressions means you're a soy boy (another meme I crave the death of)

It's more annoyingly exaggerated facial expressions designed to get toddlers to tap on youtube thumbnails.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if they'll have edited out the droogs by the time it is actually released. That seems like the one they're getting the most pushback on.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anthony Burgess would have hated it, so I say good on WB for this one.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

muscles like this! posted:

I wonder if they'll have edited out the droogs by the time it is actually released. That seems like the one they're getting the most pushback on.

[replaced with hogwart wizards and space jam 2 is immediately known as terf jam 2]

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's more annoyingly exaggerated facial expressions designed to get toddlers to tap on youtube thumbnails.

Its not just toddlers (though that is part of it). Data says excited looking faces get clicks, and you're trying to clearly convey excitement on screen space the size of a postage stamp. So you emote like your audience is 500 feet away and look completely stupid.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is five years old:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeLynx posted:

One thing on the top of the list of upsetting things in Space Jam 2 is that there are CGI/costume people who are really proud of all their work bringing these characters to life — for the half a second they each appear on screen.

At least they can soak up some attention from all the insane people on Twitter who are micro analyzing every frame of the trailer (who probably won't give a single gently caress about the film itself once it's out)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At least they stopped talking about cartoon rabbit tits.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

AccountSupervisor posted:

It does not bode well for stuff like Dune. The studio that greenlit a project like that is gone and does not have the guts to stick with a project like that if it isnt ranking in 1bil immediately. Theyre probably thinking "its gunna be our Star Wars!" the same way they thought the Snyderverse was their ticket to the MCU life.

I'm still amazed Warner Bros had enough faith in Denis Villeneuve's Dune to split it in two. Are they filming part two at the same time as one, or is it likely we'll only get half of Dune adapted?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Martman posted:

Space Jam Extended Universe will spin off the new Sassy Velma show and Johnny Mnemonic 2 in the Post-credits scene.

I legit would pay to see Johnny Mnemonic 2. Love that stupid movie.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Emotion Eric gifted us with his art before we were ready...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I'm still amazed Warner Bros had enough faith in Denis Villeneuve's Dune to split it in two. Are they filming part two at the same time as one, or is it likely we'll only get half of Dune adapted?

The same kind of crushing disappointment as when we didn't get the second half of Battlefield Earth.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

joylessdivision posted:

I legit would pay to see Johnny Mnemonic 2. Love that stupid movie.
If they do a sequel they have to use the same level of computers to render the CGI

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The same kind of crushing disappointment as when we didn't get the second half of Battlefield Earth.

Battlefield Earth only adapted the first third of the book. Imagine two whole movies about fighting Belgian mercenaries who've been living in the Congo for 1000 years, humans discovering the works of Adolf Hitler, biological discussions of the Psychlos, and Earth being foreclosed and put up for auction by aliens.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Someone at WB has a thing for splitting movies in two parts, they were the first to do it with that last Harry Potter set, did it for IT, wanted to do it for Justice League, etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Battlefield Earth only adapted the first third of the book. Imagine two whole movies about fighting Belgian mercenaries who've been living in the Congo for 1000 years, humans discovering the works of Adolf Hitler, biological discussions of the Psychlos, and Earth being foreclosed and put up for auction by aliens.

I'm imagining it and it's amazing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Someone at WB has a thing for splitting movies in two parts, they were the first to do it with that last Harry Potter set, did it for IT, wanted to do it for Justice League, etc.

Twice the releases for a lot of the same resources, and shorter hours means more showings!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At least they stopped talking about cartoon rabbit tits.

It's a pretty lousy design, cartoon rabbit tits aside, but it makes more sense now knowing that characters don't stay 2D for long.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

This person must have cummed buckets when they negotiated splitting The Hobbit into three movies.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

It's a guaranteed sequel, and if they do most of the principal photography all at once, the second part probably doesn't cost nearly as much, making it a lot more profitable.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

galagazombie posted:

It also knew exactly what it was and reveled in the sheer absurdity of it all. There's an extended subplot of Wayne Knight slowly losing his mind as he excavates an entire golf course. Bill Murray shows up to save the day near the end and flat out admits he's only there because he knew someone on the production who got him the role. The entire sport of basketball is nearly outlawed because the country goes nuts thinking there's some kind of magical pandemic on the loose that only targets professional basketball players.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It also knew exactly what it was and reveled in the sheer absurdity of it all. There's an extended subplot of Wayne Knight slowly losing his mind as he excavates an entire golf course. Bill Murray shows up to save the day near the end and flat out admits he's only there because he knew someone on the production who got him the role. The entire sport of basketball is nearly outlawed because the country goes nuts thinking there's some kind of magical pandemic on the loose that only targets professional basketball players.

Jesus Christ I completely forgot the subplot about all the other basketball players going nuts after their skills are stolen.

I should rewatch Space Jam I guess? I don't think I've seen it since it hit VHS in the 90's.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Yeah, and I feel like the world after grappling with the issue of 'aliens exist, and so do Looney Tunes, and we have been brought into their conflict via a basketball game' would rapidly become unrecognisable

(the shut up and jam gaiden jokes write themselves yes)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

LifeLynx posted:

One thing on the top of the list of upsetting things in Space Jam 2 is that there are CGI/costume people who are really proud of all their work bringing these characters to life — for the half a second they each appear on screen.

Hey, now! Now that those models are in the WB library, they can be in any number of films for who knows how much time.

joylessdivision posted:

Jesus Christ I completely forgot the subplot about all the other basketball players going nuts after their skills are stolen.

I should rewatch Space Jam I guess? I don't think I've seen it since it hit VHS in the 90's.

It's surprisingly decent.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It's a Warner Bros. Exclusive Franchise™ now so they're probably going to attempt to milk it for all it's worth à la LOTR and the Hobbit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Klowner posted:

It's a Warner Bros. Exclusive Franchise™ now so they're probably going to attempt to milk it for all it's worth à la LOTR and the Hobbit

There are like 200 Dune books, no need to split them up

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Iron Crowned posted:

It's a guaranteed sequel, and if they do most of the principal photography all at once, the second part probably doesn't cost nearly as much, making it a lot more profitable.

I don't have a particular opinion one way or the other about it, it's just very obvious that this is a push by a particular exec at WB.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

There are like 200 Dune books, no need to split them up

Yeah, and like 2 and a half of those are good! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They should bring back Michigan J. Frog and have him fight Michael J. Fox.