Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gentle Autist posted:

i am a late to the party woody allen liker

these films are good

vicky cristina barcelona
hannah and her sisters
midnight in paris

this is ok

match point

bad and kinda creepy

whatever works (even tho i love larry david)
mighty aphrodite

In fact given context they are all a lot creepier in retrospect except midnight in paris which is quite wholesome and cute imo

my favorite woody allen movies:
  1. bananas
  2. love and death
  3. everything you ever wanted to know about sex

good but not great (overrated, i guess):
  • sleeper
  • zelig
  • manhattan

annie hall is very good. play it again sam is good. anything with diane keaton is good, really

take the money and run is good, and includes the austin powers theme song during one scene

bullets over broadway is weird, because it's john cusack doing a woody allen impression and doesn't feel right to me :shrug:

i am definitely forgetting a bunch. there's one where he takes an old foreign-language (japanese?) movie and redubs all the voices to make it a spy story about the world's greatest egg salad recipe

i rented manhattan murder mystery about a dozen times, but only because i kept forgetting to watch it for i-don't-know-what reason. it's okay. i have a hard time seeing alan alda and not thinking about mash

prefect fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK so don't?

Do you want a medal or something?

may i please have a medal?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
have any of you ever seen sweet and lowdown?

i only saw it once, but it really got to me that once. seems like it was one of sean penns better performances, and the music was p good.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Woody Allen is very good at writing oneliner comedy.

He’s no Mitch Hedberg, but good.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Captain

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
hey just noticed something

captain crabcakes
fatty foo

huh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cold on a Cob posted:

hey just noticed something

captain crabcakes
fatty foo

huh

delete this

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
gestures at now empty box and shrugs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

I've enjoyed a woody

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Can you do that I think presidents outrank you

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Can you do that I think presidents outrank you

our president is just a figurehead that beeps at everything constantly, blissfully unaware of the real levers of power being pulled behind the curtains

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow so little respect for the office. smdh.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

scene: mods, in a dim smokey room. their polos unbuttoned, their utilikilts ruffled. all the vape batteries are almost dead. lanyards have been cast aside

graph: look, being a mod sucks. i get picked on all day. we need to find some rube to pin this on

jesus wep: but who? who would be so oblivious not to catch on?

foo: *taps out e-liquid* gentlemen, i think i have our man

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Roosevelt posted:

scene: mods, in a dim smokey room. their polos unbuttoned, their utilikilts ruffled. all the vape batteries are almost dead. lanyards have been cast aside

graph: look, being a mod sucks. i get picked on all day. we need to find some rube to pin this on

jesus wep: but who? who would be so oblivious not to catch on?

foo: *taps out e-liquid* gentlemen, i think i have our man

Sidney J. Mussburger: What we need now is a new president who will inspire panic in the stockholder.

Board Member 6: A puppet.

Board Member 5: A proxy.

Board Member 2: A pawn.

Sidney J. Mussburger: Sure, sure. Some jerk we can really push around.

*all heads turn to look at beep*

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

beeped again

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cold on a Cob posted:

ok that's all valid, thx for clarifying for me. guess i never noticed because most of the movies she's in all the actors are mediocre at best lol

it was extremely lovely how they cast her in gits instead of an asian

i thought both she and kylo ren were great in marriage story

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i like wes anderson films

same

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i really liked grand Budapest hotel but idk how much of that was wes anderson and how much was ralph fiennes being amazing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

jesus WEP posted:

i really liked grand Budapest hotel but idk how much of that was wes anderson and how much was ralph fiennes being amazing

grand budapest is a very good movie, as is fantastic mr fox. but yeah former is a lot of ralph fiennes and pretty nice cinematography, and a good story. i think rest of wes's poo poo is hard to get through these days and some are just straight up awful like darjeeling.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

jesus WEP posted:

vote for it mostly just being fiennes, but i really liked the movie

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

Sidney J. Mussburger: What we need now is a new president who will inspire panic in the stockholder.

Board Member 6: A puppet.

Board Member 5: A proxy.

Board Member 2: A pawn.

Sidney J. Mussburger: Sure, sure. Some jerk we can really push around.

*all heads turn to look at beep*

hudsucker proxy is so underrated, it's shameful. love that flick

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

prefect posted:

hudsucker proxy is so underrated, it's shameful. love that flick

one of my absolute favorite soundtracks. Carter Burwell is a goddamn genius.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

huh? did i do something cool again?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

huh? did i do something cool again?

again??

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
love to have seasonal allergies so bad i start wondering if i've got covid. exact same thing happened last year though and i was fine then so i'm sure i'm fine now. getting covid this week would be the worst possible timing b/c i'm moving in a few days. i hired movers obviously because _taps thread title_ but if i am sick then i can't even let them in here

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

love to have seasonal allergies so bad i start wondering if i've got covid. exact same thing happened last year though and i was fine then so i'm sure i'm fine now. getting covid this week would be the worst possible timing b/c i'm moving in a few days. i hired movers obviously because _taps thread title_ but if i am sick then i can't even let them in here

yea i take a desloratadine daily and then because that's hit and miss if it gets too bad i take a fexofenadine on top of that, usually the kind with meth built-in and that takes care of most of it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

daily loratadine kinda guy here

cetirizine gives me crazy nightmares and fexofenadine makes me more susceptible to migraines, but loratadine is where it's at

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
loratadine helps and doesn’t put me to sleep but it’s only moderately effective

will just keep windows closed for the rest of the day that should help

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pain in foot and leg - tendons or a blood clot? vOv

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you sat slightly wrong for 10 minutes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

3D Megadoodoo posted:

lower heart attack

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

loratadine helps and doesn’t put me to sleep but it’s only moderately effective

will just keep windows closed for the rest of the day that should help

it used to be great for me, then it started to wear off. i sprang for allergy shots and that made a huge difference until the pandemic had me stuck at home, which was most of my allergies (dust and pets)

still worth it because now i can fall asleep with my dog without an allergy attack as long as he doesn't lay right on my nose :kimchi:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

why are you barking in Swedish?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

why are you barking in Swedish?

because :shrug: doesn't show up in yopos

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

im reading this book (again) and read about thyroid function

then I looked up hypothyroidisim and I hecka hit some of the symptoms: overweight, depression, low heart rate, dry skin

im now getting a blood test on tuesday and hoping I have it so I can lose a bunch of weight without any effort and become studly and buffed with a simple pill. what could go wrong

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my big fat uncle lost nearly 90kgs simply by eating gently caress all and walking 5-10km on a grunty treadmill each day. Took about a year and a bit.

then he got depressed again, started eating poorly and 'couldn't be hosed' fixing the treadmill that he never got serviced/maintained. And he has put it all back on again. Took pretty much 2020 to reacquire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

it used to be great for me, then it started to wear off. i sprang for allergy shots and that made a huge difference until the pandemic had me stuck at home, which was most of my allergies (dust and pets)

still worth it because now i can fall asleep with my dog without an allergy attack as long as he doesn't lay right on my nose :kimchi:

yeah my so had done the same and can’t say enough good things about allergy shots. i was never allowed to get them as a child because my mother was convinced you became addicted to them

i was on loratadine for years but like others it stopped working for me too. i started taking desloratadine a few months ago (just one chirality vs the racemic mixture as i understand it) and it’s ok but not my fav.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my big fat uncle lost nearly 90kgs simply by eating gently caress all and walking 5-10km on a grunty treadmill each day. Took about a year and a bit.

then he got depressed again, started eating poorly and 'couldn't be hosed' fixing the treadmill that he never got serviced/maintained. And he has put it all back on again. Took pretty much 2020 to reacquire.

yeah this is pretty much how weight is lost: eating less and moving more, ideally with no extreme behaviour on either side.weight loss is simple but often not easy. feeling extreme blessed that i scored an awesome treadmill for mega cheap ngl. i flat out refuse to get fat again.

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 5, 2021