Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Kingdom Cyclonus is probably the coolest Transformer in a while imo. The last time I was in such awe of a dude was like..TR Triggerhappy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Good Listener posted:

Kingdom Cyclonus is probably the coolest Transformer in a while imo. The last time I was in such awe of a dude was like..TR Triggerhappy?

What's retail on him? I kind of want him but have no idea what the markup on ebay is right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Medullah posted:

What's retail on him? I kind of want him but have no idea what the markup on ebay is right now.

$30/£25 and worth every penny.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Medullah posted:

US $30 is the retail price on that guy

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Love the dino coloring, but I hope that torso isn't done being painted yet because yikes.

Sadly he's a Target Red Card exclusive.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I saw that this morning, and it took me until now to realize that it makes him look like he's wearing an old-timey bathing suit

Just needs a moustache and some tinny music on a hand-cranked victrola

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Keldroc posted:

Love the dino coloring, but I hope that torso isn't done being painted yet because yikes.

What is this?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

T-Wrecks

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Where’s the Jurassic Park T-Rex?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Keldroc posted:

I like the grey better than the original's beige, I approve of this oblique beast machines reference

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Open Marriage Night posted:

You say what we all think

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Later, most likely. Maybe as late as June 2022 to coincide with the third Jurassic World release.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wanna build this Windblade.
https://twitter.com/flametoys_staff/status/1377818863002247171?s=20

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BBTS has that as well:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/156997

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve seen people online saying their Kingdom Huffer doesn’t come with his gun. Has this been the case for anyone? Or is it simply that people aren’t finding that the accessories are hidden in the base of the packaging?

Like I thought Paleotrex was missing his tail, and then I checked the inner packaging throughly and it was hidden inside.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve seen people online saying their Kingdom Huffer doesn’t come with his gun. Has this been the case for anyone? Or is it simply that people aren’t finding that the accessories are hidden in the base of the packaging?

Like I thought Paleotrex was missing his tail, and then I checked the inner packaging throughly and it was hidden inside.

I nearly tossed out Blackarachnia's weapon-thing in a similar manner.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

runwiled posted:

You'll have to let me know how it is.

I got the RED Arcee yesterday, and it's the first RED I've bought so I didn't know what to expect, but I find it super disappointing. The plastic is soft everywhere, kind of rubbery, and all the joints are either too tight (rotating ones) or too loose (everything else). Despite being designed as an action figure, this toy is harder to pose than her transforming toys. Paint apps on the figure herself are OK, but all the accessory bits are just awful lightgray rubberplastic.

The transforming toys are way better, kibble included.

This kinda reminds me of a knockoff Revoltech, and I don't even really like the feel of real Revoltechs. Definitely skipping the rest of these.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I got the RED Arcee yesterday, and it's the first RED I've bought so I didn't know what to expect, but I find it super disappointing. The plastic is soft everywhere, kind of rubbery, and all the joints are either too tight (rotating ones) or too loose (everything else). Despite being designed as an action figure, this toy is harder to pose than her transforming toys. Paint apps on the figure herself are OK, but all the accessory bits are just awful lightgray rubberplastic.

The transforming toys are way better, kibble included.

This kinda reminds me of a knockoff Revoltech, and I don't even really like the feel of real Revoltechs. Definitely skipping the rest of these.

Well that's disappointing to hear. I guess the quest for a decent Prime Arcee continues. Thank you for reporting back.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I need to vent some frustration. I've broken my arm in two places, I don't have any resistance or grip strength. So all of a sudden I can't mess around with plastic robits. I have desk bots that I can't fiddle with and a bunch of stuff on order that isn't worth getting out of the box.

Any tips for a (hopefully temporarily) one armed transformers collector?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s the One Step Changers’ time to shine!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

DigitalRaven posted:

Get a gun arm. Also remove your face

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

The_Doctor posted:

It’s the One Step Changers’ time to shine!

Ha, I was gonna say "Battlechargers time!"

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DigitalRaven posted:

I need to vent some frustration. I've broken my arm in two places, I don't have any resistance or grip strength. So all of a sudden I can't mess around with plastic robits. I have desk bots that I can't fiddle with and a bunch of stuff on order that isn't worth getting out of the box.

feet, teeth, a friend

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

DigitalRaven posted:

Can't help with the Transformers, but I enjoy quite a few of the new Bakugan, and the small (non-Deka) ones can definitely be operated one-handed, though some will be challenging. They're fun to mess with at the desk. A lot of the designs are nonsense, but there's usually 2-3 neat ones per shipping wave. The current stand-out one is Arcleon, a manticore who turns into a cube.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
So there’s a leaked list of the upcoming figures for Kingdom and they just basically gave up on more Beast Wars figures. Tigertron is it. No Inferno? Like, the Beast one, not the stupid fire truck that showed up in the Beast Wars line and gave my hopes up?? No Scorpinok or Terrasaur? Fine, fine, I guess everyone was clamoring for... Shattered Glass Goldbug....????

?????????

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

So there’s a leaked list of the upcoming figures for Kingdom and they just basically gave up on more Beast Wars figures. Tigertron is it. No Inferno? Like, the Beast one, not the stupid fire truck that showed up in the Beast Wars line and gave my hopes up?? No Scorpinok or Terrasaur? Fine, fine, I guess everyone was clamoring for... Shattered Glass Goldbug....????

?????????

I'm kinda miffed at Transformers right now since it seems that all the creativity is in the bumblebee cyberverse adventure line (or whatever it's called), but all the budget and engineering is in the nostalgia line. Not that the nostalgia line should be crappy or anything, but why can't the line that's actually innovating get some budget and make some actual cool toys? I mean, among other neat things they've had recently, that were badly executed, we have:
- Iaconus
- Thunderhowl
- HammerByte
- WildWheel
- Meteorfire
- a neat new Shockwave design
- a new Grimlock design that's pretty cool
- whatever was going on with "Ocean Storm" as a spark armor partsformer, that could have been a proper robot
- Clobber
- Megatron-X

I dunno. I was all about Titans Return and subsequent lines since I love headmasters and the engineering was so good, but Earthrise and Kingdom don't do anything for me. I want good toys of new characters and/or new altmodes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

?????????

Terrosaur is happening in something called "Kingdom Golden". The Shattered Glass toys are cheap redecoes (easier to make than new molds) that will be some kind of exclusive.

Plus, whatever comes after Kingdom is widely suspected to be a Thrilling 30-style grab bag, and that will certainly have some more Beast Warriors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sold my Unicron for a little over double what I paid and the buyer thanked me for the fair pricing.

So I probably should have preordered 10 of them.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I sold my Unicron for a little over double what I paid and the buyer thanked me for the fair pricing.

It's up on BBTS for $1250 so that does seem fair according to the current market value.

But selling Unicron... you're a monster!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

It showed up right as I was in a dire financial situation or I absolutely would have.

At least I was able to get in on a bunch of the sentinels, I guess. Maybe I can haggle for a unicron sentinel trade down eventually.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Plus, whatever comes after Kingdom is widely suspected to be a Thrilling 30-style grab bag, and that will certainly have some more Beast Warriors.

Thrilling 35 for the Movie this year, I guess.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Surprising absolutely no one, there's gonna be an MP Sunbow Skywarp. He's up for preorder at BBTS and probably other places.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Do TransTech, cowards

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

Do TransTech, cowards

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Ark!

https://twitter.com/daim_choc/status/1379845200932114435

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Now that's actually pretty rad!

Edit: although this mainly makes me want a titan class Pyramidas.

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 7, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The little guy turns into Teletran-1? That's neat!

First Titan I'm likely going to pass on.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The wing sections are a little dicey due to the transformation but overall I am pleased with how this turned out

less pleased that I want to buy it despite having no room to display it but, still pleased! And BW Scorpinok too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m absolutely sold on this.