Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TBH it would (maybe) be legitimately great if there was a secondary dub where everyone Araki referenced voiced their respective characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

and the stand user with the white wind/good stuff. Because I still have really no idea what the hell happened there.

Pucci?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Has someone ever done a "Pucci died on the way to「HEAVEN」" meme format yet? I need it for next year.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think one of the things I'm most excited to see animated is that first "fight" or whatever between Jotaro, Jolyne and the stand user with the white wind/good stuff. Because I still have really no idea what the hell happened there.

You talking the first fight where they thought they were fighting a sniper, but then found out they were hallucinating and them had to escape the actual Stand?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, the one where Pucci covers them in cum

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

TBH it would (maybe) be legitimately great if there was a secondary dub where the Part 5 characters all have bad italian accents

i'm never getting over the beauty that we were denied

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Augus posted:

i'm never getting over the beauty that we were denied

worth it just for Ghiaccio’s Venezia rant done in that style

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Grouchio posted:

#Jolyne is trending at 132k as of 12pm EST. :eyepop:

(Ai Fairouz)

There is no way she isn't low-key cosplaying as Wonder of U.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Who was that cosplayer that broke her tailbone doing the Narancia pose?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

hatty posted:

Who was that cosplayer that broke her tailbone doing the Narancia pose?

Shoko Nakagawa?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked the ending on a recent reread, I think Emporio is cool which may have something to do with it?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Emporio made his mama proud by punching a man to death with oxygen.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Emporio is okay but Jolyne not getting her finale to shine in the way the rest of the Jojos do (besides Johnathan I guess??? But part 1 is the weakest so) really takes all the catharsis out of it. Especially with how loving much Pucci deserved the comeuppance. It coming from Emprio and Weather is just...okay, whatever.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Needs a even bigger monster with 'Steel Ball Run'

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Emporio is okay but Jolyne not getting her finale to shine in the way the rest of the Jojos do (besides Johnathan I guess??? But part 1 is the weakest so) really takes all the catharsis out of it. Especially with how loving much Pucci deserved the comeuppance. It coming from Emprio and Weather is just...okay, whatever.

Jolyne got a happy ending in a universe without any vampire/Stand related shenanigans. I'd say she got the best finale out of anyone.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jolyne got a happy ending in a universe without any vampire/Stand related shenanigans. I'd say she got the best finale out of anyone.

Jolyne died and her soul didn't make it to the new universe like, say, Emporio. There's an alternate timeline version of her without any of that stuff but it turns out I do not care about this character who isn't actually the awesome Jolyne we read about for years.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i s2g if y'all ruin the anime news by bringing up this poo poo again

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i s2g if y'all ruin the anime news by bringing up this poo poo again

Part 6 chat is a funnel. A funnel where all starting points lead to Part 6 Ending Chat.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Part 6 chat is a funnel. A funnel where all starting points lead to Part 6 Ending Chat.

Would you say it has a certain... gravity :agesilaus:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'd believe in that.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I always read it as kind of exposing Pucci's hypocrisy and vanity, with some of the religious trappings from part 5 too. Jesus' teachings like "the meek shall inherit the earth" and "suffer the little children" etc etc are fundamentally opposed to Pucci's vision of power, so having an actual kid end him through what seems like divine luck and turning Made in Heaven's ability against him is very fitting. It's the one thing Pucci can't see coming, and thats why he deserves it.

PsychoInternetHawk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 6, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wanted the real jolyne to win

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I always read it as kind of exposing Pucci's hypocrisy and vanity, with some of the religious trappings from part 5 too. Jesus' teachings like "the meek shall inherit the earth" and "suffer the little children" etc etc are fundamentally opposed to Pucci's vision of power, so having an actual kid end him through what seems like divine luck and turning Made in Heaven's ability against him is very fitting. It's the one thing Pucci can't see coming, and thats why he deserves it.

This is actually a really interesting perspective on Pt6's ending, thank you for sharing. As someone who wasn't quite a fan, I now appreciate the thematic context here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't know how censored the last season was on Crunchyroll but if they're still doing that the sequence immediately leading up to Pucci's death is gonna be the new Nice Boat in terms of cutting away

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jolyne’s fight with C-Moon and her heroic sacrifice are extremely badass

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 5 actually didn't have the censoring that earlier parts and whatever had going on, iirc because of a different time slot that it was airing at or something

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah diavolo was popping holes in people’s stomachs completely uncensored

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We're going to get Pucci's head exploding in excruciatingly detailed slow-motion.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jolyne did win. She died, she didn't deliver the final punch, but the whole thing was a team effort and Jolyne's last action was basically her own special way of telling Pucci to gently caress off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Darko posted:

You talking the first fight where they thought they were fighting a sniper, but then found out they were hallucinating and them had to escape the actual Stand?

Exactly

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly Pucci only gets as far as he did, because he is luckier then the guy whose name means Lucky Shadow Killer.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 6, 2021

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Pucci had access to a time machine but he needed to be louder and angrier.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pucci desperately wants to be right and will do anything in order to justify that he has not been wrong and did not, in fact, majorly gently caress up, and continues down the path of idol worship and murder to distance himself from responsibility. He cannot come to terms with his problems and it is only fitting that he is ultimately the reason for the destruction of everything he sought to achieve, right from the beginning. That is the way of Gravity and Fate.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FirstAidKite posted:

Pucci desperately wants to be right and will do anything in order to justify that he has not been wrong and did not, in fact, majorly gently caress up, and continues down the path of idol worship and murder to distance himself from responsibility. He cannot come to terms with his problems and it is only fitting that he is ultimately the reason for the destruction of everything he sought to achieve, right from the beginning. That is the way of Gravity and Fate.
A Poster to the end.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Most of the Jojo final fights feature an almost divine amount of luck on the part of the heroes and/or accidental self-sabotage by the villains anyway, so it's not as if part 6 is all alone in this.

The notable exception being when Dio dies because he gets punched in the knee too hard, which is a pretty dumb ending to an otherwise great fight. Joylene (or anyone) beating Pucci because they just did a regular fight but somehow better would be a very underwhelming ending.

PsychoInternetHawk fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 6, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Most of the Jojo final fights feature an almost divine amount of luck on the part of the heroes anyway, so it's not as if part 6 is all alone in this.

The notable exception being when Dio dies because he gets punched in the knee too hard, which is a pretty dumb ending to an otherwise great fight. Joylene (or anyone) beating Pucci because they just did a regular fight but somehow better would be a very underwhelming ending.

DIO lost because Jotaro got inside his head and made him doubt himself, so when The World and Star Platinum have their Stand beam struggle at the end he's the one who buckles

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Plus the knee that got destroyed was the same one Jotaro hosed up earlier so it was already weakened

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I like Part 6's end because Weather Report is so cool that just a slight residue of his cool on his stand disc is enough to turn Emporio into the hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also that for all of Pucci's grandstanding about controlling fate his brother had been given the hard counter to Made in Heaven before he ever conceived of his plan