Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise posted:

My thing is, if you want to drink a beer cocktail, fine, that's cool, but what's the point of paying a bunch for a can of beer that tastes like a cocktail you could make for much cheaper?

i think you already know this but that can/poured glass is extremely good bait to troll for attention on various social medias.
honestly the fruit puree bomb may even be an extremely stealth attempt at guerilla marketing? they may hope that some influence fails to store it properly so that it does explode, giving them a shot at broader attention.

this planet is a gently caress sometimes.

e: a shameful snype. here are three beers i like that don't have fruit and marshmallow in them.

my go to most favourite beer in the world.

want a tasty beer? try this instead of a smoothie.

want a really tasty beer? try one of these. i have also never had a smoked imperial stout i disliked, so just find one of those.
thank you for attending my show and tell.

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 5, 2021

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

i think you already know this but that can/poured glass is extremely good bait to troll for attention on various social medias.
honestly the fruit puree bomb may even be an extremely stealth attempt at guerilla marketing? they may hope that some influence fails to store it properly so that it does explode, giving them a shot at broader attention.

this planet is a gently caress sometimes.

e: a shameful snype. here are three beers i like that don't have fruit and marshmallow in them.

my go to most favourite beer in the world.

want a tasty beer? try this instead of a smoothie.

want a really tasty beer? try one of these. i have also never had a smoked imperial stout i disliked, so just find one of those.
thank you for attending my show and tell.

I wouldn't really care if the cans didn't literally explode and they weren't putting false ABVs on the label

Escape From Noise

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter what I think. Rousting the bottom of the tank to mix trub with beer and fruit puree is the future. Just make sure it has madagascar vanilla

Heather Papps

hello friend

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter what I think. Rousting the bottom of the tank to mix trub with beer and fruit puree is the future. Just make sure it has madagascar vanilla

i think it does matter what you think, and that there is a market for more traditional beers. i can imagine how the trends must be really disheartening tho

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

i think it does matter what you think, and that there is a market for more traditional beers. i can imagine how the trends must be really disheartening tho

Nah. People want to pay a premium for exploding cans of puree that cost more than dropping a shot in your Jamba juice.

Stoner Sloth

fashions come and go though, classics are classic for a reason imo

Escape From Noise

Normally, I'd agree, but this is the most overwhelming trend I think I've ever seen. It might pass but...I dunno. I think the damage is done to be honest. Craft beer has always struggled with quality control and quality assurance. There was always a bit more wiggle room, but I really think that the smoothie sour, especially has completely nuked the idea of craft beer as a shelf stable product. Can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Escape From Noise

Sorry. I'm trashed and have opinions about a beverage

Heather Papps

hello friend

thinking of it as a pandoras brew, once tapped never stopped, does kinda make sense

honestly i find your beer ruminations pretty fascinating because i feel like you hold the opinions i would if i were more than a novice beer drinker and not at all producer.

Escape From Noise

I'm no expert either. poo poo. I haven't brewered in almost two years!

I'm still drinkin' beers

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I pretty implicitly trust you and mfp on beer opinions because I'm a weedlord professional but I know Jack all about beer, just what I like.

Escape From Noise

Like what you like, but I think we'd mostly agree

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I do, I prefer a traditional brew. If I want something with fruit juice, I'll use booze and mix myself a drink.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

beer bad. weed good.

Escape From Noise

TVsVeryOwn posted:

beer bad. weed good.

Smoke beer imho

Escape From Noise

Asahi needs to get their poo poo together

This thing overflowed! WTH?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You're supposed to stir beer, not shake it.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

You're supposed to stir beer, not shake it.

I JUST OPENED IT!

Heather Papps

hello friend

does this pull tab rip open the whole lid?

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

does this pull tab rip open the whole lid?

Yeah

Heather Papps

hello friend

is everything in japan high technology, what the hell. i want my beer cans to open like this. the only canadian innovation in storage is the stubby:

i don't even like these because it is a small one. i prefer my ones to be slightly larger than this. that bit in 1984 about pint sizes comes to mind.

more falafel please

forums poster

there's a brewery in the Chicago suburbs that uses cans that open all the way. I guess it means you actually get to smell the beer without having to pour it in a glass, but it also removes a lot of the convenience of a can (gesticulating)

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

is everything in japan high technology, what the hell. i want my beer cans to open like this. the only canadian innovation in storage is the stubby:

i don't even like these because it is a small one. i prefer my ones to be slightly larger than this. that bit in 1984 about pint sizes comes to mind.

I remember being so confused by that bit in 1984 because they're saying a half-liter is too small, give me a pint, but a pint should be 16oz right? and a half liter is 16.9! EXCEPT NO it's England so a pint is like 20oz, but only for beer

Escape From Noise

It's available wherever canning is, it's just a different lid basically.

Heather Papps

hello friend

more falafel please posted:

I remember being so confused by that bit in 1984 because they're saying a half-liter is too small, give me a pint, but a pint should be 16oz right? and a half liter is 16.9! EXCEPT NO it's England so a pint is like 20oz, but only for beer

english measurements are confusing as hell, but the fact that they all come from human experiance is something i kinda like. i hope that there is an ancient pint glass that was just the absolutely perfect amount for a single drink that ended up becoming the standard, the the official kilogram where ever it is.

hunh okay this makes sense. as a former colony we still use british pints. or, we used british then american then british again.

from wikipedia: "Canadian imperial units of liquid measure remain incompatible with American traditional units to this day, and although the Canadian pint, quart, and gallon are still legal units of measure in Canada, they are still 20% larger than the American ones. "

THIS IS A PUZZLE PIECE COMING INTO PLACE FOR ME. canadians generally frown at american beer, complaining it isn't nearly strong enough. i figured that was because american beers typically have a half percent lower abv than local varieties. however a huge part of canadian beer drinker disdain for americans and their brews is that at a bar a glass of beer is gonna be 20% larger, meaning that a lout in canada who drinks six pints is drinking that 20% more of stronger beer than their southern neighbours.

fascinating.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Smoke beer imho

is there a good smokey beer i can get in canada?

Escape From Noise

TVsVeryOwn posted:

is there a good smokey beer i can get in canada?

Maybe Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Maybe Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier?

i've gotten these at well stocked lcbos. they are good

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Hello welcome and trashed. :trashed:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the yeast, and Juliet is the One.

I somehow don't loving hate this. After all my poo poo talking. I just, I don't hate it. It was kinda expensive and I would probably not buy it again. Huh. I think it's because it's blackberry.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the yeast, and Juliet is the One.

I somehow don't loving hate this. After all my poo poo talking. I just, I don't hate it. It was kinda expensive and I would probably not buy it again. Huh. I think it's because it's blackberry.

I do like that series but think it's pretty overpriced.

My guess would be because they used real whole fruit added at the beginning of fermentation. I love a good fruit beer, but there are a lot of examples of not very good fruit beers. I had a peach Berliner weisse yesterday and was hesitant, because so many fruit beers are so sweet now, especially sours, but it was nice and tart with plenty of peach character other than the sweetness.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I do like that series but think it's pretty overpriced.

My guess would be because they used real whole fruit added at the beginning of fermentation. I love a good fruit beer, but there are a lot of examples of not very good fruit beers. I had a peach Berliner weisse yesterday and was hesitant, because so many fruit beers are so sweet now, especially sours, but it was nice and tart with plenty of peach character other than the sweetness.

Yeah it's good, but yeah, it's way overpriced. It was over 30. Would not spend money on it again.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Yeah it's good, but yeah, it's way overpriced. It was over 30. Would not spend money on it again.

In the US my hard cap on a large bottle is $20. It's just never worth it to me at more than that.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

In the US my hard cap on a large bottle is $20. It's just never worth it to me at more than that.

I will make exceptions. I have paid a lot of money for certain things that mean things to me, like Black Tuesday, or things that were really funny.

more falafel please

forums poster

yeah, goose does make good stuff, they just also make mass produced craft-ish beer and of course now that means like 9 different ipas. i used to work across the street from the brewpub and the stuff they made there was always real nice. they'd have stuff on cask too, which is the best

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm still a little shocked that I drank 30 dollars in two glasses and had a Totino's Crisp Crust Party Pizza for dinner with it. Trashing is truly a land of contrasts.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

I will make exceptions. I have paid a lot of money for certain things that mean things to me, like Black Tuesday, or things that were really funny.

Yeah, mostly hard cap. I will make exceptions for things that I know I'll really like

Escape From Noise

I M trash in

take the moon

by sebmojo

ssame

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

mornin :350: