Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

wuggles posted:

what's wrong with my photo?

Spray hairspray all over your food, it'll look great then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

what's wrong with my photo?

Put a bird on it!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Food is gross...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Food is gross...

agreed. soon i will have perfected the technique of photosynthesis via tv screen and then i will be truly free

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Harrow posted:

CF's food posts have me really wanting to learn how to make my own ramen broth like he does. Tonkotsu is my favorite but I know that's a pretty laborious process. I should look around for simpler at-home recipes to get started with. I have an unending love for ramen of all kinds but getting good ramen takeout is not cheap.

Not gonna lie, making a huge batch of pork bone broth is pretty close to top of my bucket list, (right next to homemade Jamaican oxtail made with wagyu beef) from what I’ve seen online it’s time consuming but not hard or anything and it probably freezes well once your done.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I often get dough from my favorite pizza place

i think i'm the only person who buys it from them but they don't seem to mind. it's loving perfect, that dough. place has been open since '59 and they're still using the same yeast, it's magic.

Hmm, I never thought of doing this before, I should hit up one of the local pizza joints for some.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

To the old person gaming discussion a while back I just had one of my students describe C&C Generals as the one they started out with :(

I started out with the original and Red Alert and dropped off around Tiberian Sun/RA2 so I suppose in a way their experience is no more or less valid than mine. Crazy to think that video game franchises are so spread out now that two different people can have no overlap within the same series.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So I've made it to the first proper dungeon in Okami and I'm kinda digging this game. Obviously the art style is stunning and it's just a joy to move around and see the world be animated around you. Beyond that there's so many wild ideas that have gone into this that I can't imagine being in any other video game like using how much the world believes in you to upgrade your stats or feeding animals to get more praise or having the power to make flowers grow or special powers coming from painting. Even though this is clearly aping Zelda games it all comes together to create a gaming experience that feels totally unique. I feel like I'm constantly being hit with new mechanics and new techniques that just keep expanding the game more and more. The only criticisms I have at the moment are the text speed is way too slow and registering brush patterns can be real finnicky. Overall though it's good fun so far.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If we’re talking old mans gamer stories then first game I remember playing was Super Mario World but the first game I ever beat was Kirbys Dreamland on a GB pocket. First tv console I could call my own was the N64 and OOT taught me to love games. That’s pretty much it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Finished the Walking Dead: The Last Season and I enjoyed it (as much as you can enjoy a bleak game like this). In my game through Clementine was queer and AJ was in a reasonable sound mental state at the end (he didn't become someone that enjoyed killing people). And while the ending manages to end Clem's arc in a meaningful way it would still be fun with another game where you have to manage the school like you do in RDR2

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The actual first console that was mine was the NES. Then I got a Gameboy, SNES, Genesis and Game Gear. Got the NES in '87 and the Genesis and Game Gear in '92 and nothing else until I was gifted a PS2 in '04.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

marvel avengers is coming to psnow so i guess maybe i'll play the main campaign

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

Thank you Zaphod and Harrow!

(Thanks to Regy Rusty clipping it, I did not realise how incredibly filled with joy and delirium I sounded when beating Darklurker here:
https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenPlainOwlPMSTwin-n3FLlEpHtbnkEfuI I was so ecstatic that I saw stars and went light headed. What a feeling :D)

Today I am taking a day off from gaming (possibly - gaming is so much fun on days off from work) before I start DS3 tomorrow. :)

By the skin of your teeth! Lucky dog :cheeky:

3 is my gf's favorite as it was her first. I like it, although it definitely (intentionally) feels like a nostalgia trip through the souls series. Its a good capstone for the whole series, but I'm glad From is trying things like Bloodborne and Sekiro too.

Speaking of, I never actually beat Sekiro :shobon: I got real real close to the end and then life got in the way and I put it down. So I picked it back up two days ago and I'm now 2 bosses from beating it! Here we go!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I just wanna play video games
all the time and every day

If only I could somehow get paid to play games...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i made quite a bit of progress over the weekend in sekiro, i think (at the expense of doing anything else oops). defeated a big sparky plot boss and quite a few minibosses, defeated one simian boss and introduced myself to another. i also found a dried serpent fruit and realized what the game meant by a fresh one, and then found one of those too. there's gotta be a clip of that scene set to rules of nature floating around somewhere

also made it up to chapter 10 of sonic chronicles after meeting a whole bunch of generic aliens from ben 10. I'm very glad it's the kind of rpg that can be trivialized just by having max level characters, though i have finally started buying equipment

Looper fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 5, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wuggles posted:

As CharlieFoxtrot mentioned I've been dabbling in sushi for the last month or two. I wouldn't say I'm good at it but the resulting product is edible and tasty so that's sufficient for me

Last night I had a few different things I wanted to do. I wanted to use the unagi I had bought from the Asian market (eel is my favorite sushi ingredient), I wanted to make nigiri, and I wanted to make tamago sushi in celebration of Bunny Day. (When I went to the market and asked about eel the woman took me to a freezer and shoved four different ingredients into my arms including the eel I asked for as well as the tamago.)

I'd say it went ok

they look nice and were tasty, I do not have a comment on the structural integrity of the rolls themselves. I ate too many of them, but I do have an eel roll waiting for me in the fridge for breakfast :unsmith:

Thanks Chef Eddy for showing me the nigiri packing technique as well as basically everything I know about sushi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPHxQSYGkY

This owns, the tamago looks especially good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This owns, the tamago looks especially good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Yoshi's Island is, imo, a perfect video game. There isn't a single flaw in the game to me

its good as hell but no game with crying babies is flawless

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

sharrrk posted:

its good as hell but no game with crying babies is flawless

Just never get hit and the baby never cries, ezpz

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The crying noise is supposed to be annoying to make you want to get him back quickly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please look forward to my rom hack of yoshis island that replaces the crying baby noises with gex one-liners

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the only good baby is Baby Daisy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

The crying noise is supposed to be annoying to make you want to get him back quickly

really it's the pathologic of the snes

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Looper posted:

please look forward to my rom hack of yoshis island that replaces the crying baby noises with gex one-liners

"It's Tail Time!"

-Gex

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
"I'm Batman" - Luigi

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Prop Wash posted:

To the old person gaming discussion a while back I just had one of my students describe C&C Generals as the one they started out with :(

I started out with the original and Red Alert and dropped off around Tiberian Sun/RA2 so I suppose in a way their experience is no more or less valid than mine. Crazy to think that video game franchises are so spread out now that two different people can have no overlap within the same series.

Generals is only 7 years younger than Red Alert.

It is now 18 years old...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the big failing of yoshi’s island is the soundtrack. the songs are great! all four of them!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Oxxidation posted:

the big failing of yoshi’s island is the soundtrack. the songs are great! all four of them!

That's like, twice as many as smw1 has :p

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
can one of you persona 5ers or animekin explain this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3xh8gs24c

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

"I'm Batman" - Luigi

Luigi never was the same since the death of his brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMLIwh8Qdw

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Khanstant posted:

can one of you persona 5ers or animekin explain this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3xh8gs24c

It's a rap song OP

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is the only thing i care about today

https://twitter.com/FIUFootball/status/1379114812794417153

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Coach Horny has got nothing on Jizz Hornkamp

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
It's a rap song made and performed by someone who has to work 100 hours a week or they get deported.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now this on the other hand, this I can get behind

Old, but something about this gun absolutely screams Unreal Engine 3.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

she is, and I quote, "a workaholic business lady getting poo poo done"

also, that album was number #1 on itunes when it came out and rap twitter was very angry about it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Khanstant posted:

can one of you persona 5ers or animekin explain this

how dare you lump us in together with persona likers

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Looper posted:

I was hoping someone would mod Death Stranding on PC to make the baby float away crying in a bubble when you take damage, but I suppose that would have been pretty hard to engineer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Unreal_One posted:

Old, but something about this gun absolutely screams Unreal Engine 3.

I deconstructed it for the mods lol. I did get a pair of legendary pants though, if I complete the set I automatically refresh my ammo every time I punch someone

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Started a new run of Dark Souls III this weekend and I'm reminded of how much I deeply and truly loath the Road of Sacrifice and Farron Keep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Luigi secretly diverts mushroom kingdom funds to repair neighborhoods deemed unlivable due to insane Mario rampages

Luigi is a friend of the people and a communist