Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm re-listening to the Reagan eps and I want them to do Kissinger, which was the original plan

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm sure they'll do Kissinger when (if?) he drops dead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm sure they'll do Kissinger when (if?) he drops dead.

Gonna be a billion way race to drop the podcast first

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kissinger is so loving grim. Like not even in a "can you believe this piece of poo poo?" sort of way. My blood would evaporate in situ.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Kissinger is so loving grim. Like not even in a "can you believe this piece of poo poo?" sort of way. My blood would evaporate in situ.

Every time he gets brought up I think of two things

Anthony Bourdain saying he wishes he could beat him to death after touring Cambodia

And the parody of him on Venture Bros, Henry Killinger

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 3, 2021

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
deleted

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 19, 2022

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

youre doing gods work

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Also if anyone can point me to some video compression software thats free and easy to use I would appreciate it. I'm literally doing a screen record using my graphics card and the raw files are like 8+ gigs in size.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Also if anyone can point me to some video compression software thats free and easy to use I would appreciate it. I'm literally doing a screen record using my graphics card and the raw files are like 8+ gigs in size.

Wouldn't iMovie on Mac or whatever is baked into Windows work? I know I can export and change scaling and bitrate and all that kind of stuff. You could do that and then either archive the raw video captures or delete if storage is a consideration.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I can do it in the next day or so

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Every time he gets brought up I think of two things

Anthony Bourdain saying he wishes he could beat him to death after touring Cambodia

And the parody of him on Venture Bros, Henry Killinger

same but unlike kissenger, killinger is like an actual good person kinda.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I think Dave is losing his mind

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

terrorist ambulance posted:

Losing?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

What he do now?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

What he do now?

Latest west wing thing he's openly talking about how the only thing that will scare McConnell is someone shooting into his house or car in between yelling about how he hates America

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Latest west wing thing he's openly talking about how the only thing that will scare McConnell is someone shooting into his house or car in between yelling about how he hates America

i mean i sorta get the line of thought but one, thats dumb to say on a public podcast and online and also loving look at the 6th. they would have killed mitch in a second. hell they were close to killing mittens, i honestly think if mittens had died that day, not much would have changed outside a slightly closer conviction for trump(he would have still been acquitted)

right now. it seems the dems are basically sideling the GOP because they realize Lucy won't play football and mitch already shot the hostages so the filibuster will probably get gelded when we push out hr1 and etc. the obama/clinton sorkin type poo poo has been sidelined hard so thats makes me happier.

also why does he hate america today? just same old same old? i don't judge but poo poo like that gets stale after a while. he really needs to log off.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I admit I haven’t listened to most of the latest eps because the show has become mostly depressing as hell topics and even if they are not, they always end with Dave ruminating on how the world is hosed. That Miami Aerospace academy ep was pretty great but even there it ended with “...yeah, America is basically just like this school, right?”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

I admit I haven’t listened to most of the latest eps because the show has become mostly depressing as hell topics and even if they are not, they always end with Dave ruminating on how the world is hosed. That Miami Aerospace academy ep was pretty great but even there it ended with “...yeah, America is basically just like this school, right?”

i hate being that guy. but poo poo is slowly getting better in some ways and its good to try to have hope for the future and also work for it. Doomer poo poo is the loving worst.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i hate being that guy. but poo poo is slowly getting better in some ways and its good to try to have hope for the future and also work for it. Doomer poo poo is the loving worst.

lol how.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol

Being angry on the radio has always been good business and I don't know that Dave has that many bridges left to burn. He will probably do alright.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Thank you for this reminder, Mr. Pinker

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't think we can really say things are getting better when Trump was recently in the White House with white supremacists working for him directly, plus you still got cops killing unarmed black people with impunity.

Also, the only reason mass shootings cut back in the last 18 months was because of a pandemic that world leaders were warned about over a decade ago.

Dave's a father, he has every reason to be scared for the future. The environment is getting worse, nazis are running around, the cost of living is getting higher and higher.

If Joe Biden is considered an improvement, things are bad.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Everyone who says Biden is better than Trump is lying to you and themselves.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

MonsieurChoc posted:

I agree with this but it's kinda funny how someone can come into the thread and go "man the Dollop has been depressing as hell a lot more often lately and it always just devolves into a rant about how we're all hosed" and the thread immediately descends into a rant about how we're all hosed

we are all Dave Anthony in our own way, I guess

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

How? Like Biden ain’t great but he is at least doing way better than I expected.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't think we can really say things are getting better when Trump was recently in the White House with white supremacists working for him directly, plus you still got cops killing unarmed black people with impunity.

Also, the only reason mass shootings cut back in the last 18 months was because of a pandemic that world leaders were warned about over a decade ago.

Dave's a father, he has every reason to be scared for the future. The environment is getting worse, nazis are running around, the cost of living is getting higher and higher.

If Joe Biden is considered an improvement, things are bad.

Exhibit A in "things are getting better:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swmTBVI83k

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I agree with this but it's kinda funny how someone can come into the thread and go "man the Dollop has been depressing as hell a lot more often lately and it always just devolves into a rant about how we're all hosed" and the thread immediately descends into a rant about how we're all hosed

we are all Dave Anthony in our own way, I guess

It's not that I disagree with, it's trying to say that he's wrong that I feel need to be correct. If you need a pick-me up and cant handle dark stuff right now, that's more than fine. Gotta take car eof ourselves and each other.

But he's right.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

How? Like Biden ain’t great but he is at least doing way better than I expected.

[citation needed]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's not that I disagree with, it's trying to say that he's wrong that I feel need to be correct. If you need a pick-me up and cant handle dark stuff right now, that's more than fine. Gotta take car eof ourselves and each other.

But he's right.

[citation needed]

It’s not that it’s wrong to be upset about poo poo being poo poo. It’s just the dude needs to take a break or something before he burns all his bridges or gets a knock on the door for making a threat, also the stimulus stuff was good and the infrastructure stuff coming looks good.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
trump really broke a lot of people's brains

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also the stimulus stuff was good and the infrastructure stuff coming looks good.

Ah yes the money going into health insurance pockets and broken 2000 bucks promise and the infrastructure week 2 sure look good if you don't think about them.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Not a one of you can assail my "Montero Defense."

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I would say the administration has done an admirable job of spinning itself as being better than Trump, but when you look past the fresh coat of paint and the new facade, everything is still rotten and falling apart.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I would say the administration has done an admirable job of spinning itself as being better than Trump, but when you look past the fresh coat of paint and the new facade, everything is still rotten and falling apart.

Exactly. Biden is still doing cruel horrifying poo poo that pisses in the eye of democracy and basic decency, he's just not a loudmouth about it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

MonsieurChoc posted:

Anyone who thinks biden isn't better than trump is at best being obtuse, and at worst shouldn't have been allowed to graduate 8th grade.

Having said that, anyone who plans to live more than 10 years or has kids should probably be pretty panicked at the state of the world/the US.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, I don't think it's healthy to wallow in the doomerism, even if I generally agree with it. But it's pretty inevitable with a West Wing podcast (which is why I've put off picking it up). It's ground zero for the most obnoxious stuff in our political system and it's going to generally strike nerves.

If you're worried for practical reasons, I wouldn't worry too much. The line for actionable threats is pretty far off from what was quoted and it's well-established. The listeners probably like the anger overall and find it cathartic, like Dave. I know there used to be concerns about angry leftists having their Patreons pulled, but I don't think it's happened to anyone yet. And Dave's had similar meltdowns before so I don't know if it's anything "new."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, I don't think it's healthy to wallow in the doomerism, even if I generally agree with it. But it's pretty inevitable with a West Wing podcast (which is why I've put off picking it up). It's ground zero for the most obnoxious stuff in our political system and it's going to generally strike nerves.

If you're worried for practical reasons, I wouldn't worry too much. The line for actionable threats is pretty far off from what was quoted and it's well-established. The listeners probably like the anger overall and find it cathartic, like Dave. I know there used to be concerns about angry leftists having their Patreons pulled, but I don't think it's happened to anyone yet. And Dave's had similar meltdowns before so I don't know if it's anything "new."

Yeah, I don’t disagree with him fully or his anger about the world. I just think you do need too look away from the hell vortex or twitter vortex for mental health. Going constantly doom fucks up your mind hard and isn’t healthy for you or the folks your around. I know this from personal and second hand experience. Like I couldn’t watch west wing or do a podcast on it. I tried for a friends and it makes me want to put a fist through a wall half the time.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
What I think drives him particularly mad is having some historical context. If you're just living in the moment / near past, you can think, well, things will trend to the better eventually.

Except if you go back even 50 years you know that's not true and a lot of the worst problems we currently face aren't new and are only deepening and worsening. Trump, for example, isn't really that much of a rupture compared to Reagan when you really step back and look at it

Its tough to feel happy about incremental change when the long view seems pretty bleak. I know you have to look away from it before too long or else you end up yelling at clouds for 2 to 4 hours every week

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

stealie72 posted:

Anyone who thinks biden isn't better than trump is at best being obtuse, and at worst shouldn't have been allowed to graduate 8th grade.

For what it’s worth, I wish you were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

What I think drives him particularly mad is having some historical context. If you're just living in the moment / near past, you can think, well, things will trend to the better eventually.

Except if you go back even 50 years you know that's not true and a lot of the worst problems we currently face aren't new and are only deepening and worsening. Trump, for example, isn't really that much of a rupture compared to Reagan when you really step back and look at it

Its tough to feel happy about incremental change when the long view seems pretty bleak. I know you have to look away from it before too long or else you end up yelling at clouds for 2 to 4 hours every week

I mean I am mixed. In someways, I absolutely agree, though I would push it back to Goldwater and Nixon and the Dixiecrats before them. But in someways we are better off than 50 years ago at least on social things. I was born disabled and if I had been born a few years earlier, I’d have lasted a week. If I had some how survived I would have never been able to do anything and probably treated as mentally disabled at best. Things are a lot better for lgbt folks as well. And while shits still bad for black folks, it’s better than 50 years ago, I think things can get better. I don’t think some sorkin centrist incremental change is some magical cure or good. But I will be happy when progress still happens. I am not making GBS threads on anyone for wanting poo poo to be better faster because they are right, it should be. But acting like things are worse from then is kinda dumb.