Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Greetings pipe goons! I'm moving, and cleaning out in the process. I've got a pile of tobacco and some pipes and a stand I'm looking to rehome.

All of the tobacco has been jarred since March of 2015. It's all labeled except for the short squat jar, which I believe is overflow of Dunhill Nightcap, but may be mistaken.

I initially bought all the pipes / stand as a bundle at an antique mall, and I'd bet only one or two of the pipes is salvageable but I'll send them along with the stand.

If anyone is interested in any or all please PM me. I'm only asking you to cover shipping. Pics are below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Wish I saw this yesterday... all my cash burned up from a notification at 1:00 am that my new desktop shipped. It will be the only computer since 2010 I didn’t build myself, but it was also the only way to get a 30xx gpu close to MSRP!

Some of those pipes are wonderful!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I doubt you'll want to send to Europe (import taxes in tobacco products might make that weird) but this is really nice and generous of you!

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!

NewFatMike posted:

Tonight, though, to help lift my spirits, I'll be having a cigar I've been sitting on for a year or so: a Vegas Robaina Clasico. I've never had the marca before, so I'm really looking forward to it.

E: this is loving delicious. Red wine, salt, cedar, toasted.... Something. Fantastic. And in a Lonsdale!

Ee: just got a blast of cinnamon, allspice, and clove. loving fabulous.

Robaina is a loving fantastic smoke

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I think my humidor has been running too dry. I've had a few ashy-tasting smokes. Gonna get another large Boveda and try and run it at like 68% rather than 65%. Also, strongly considering a Cigar Oasis.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Had a MF Le Bijou 1922 last night, those sticks SLAP! I actually managed my first RASS this week as well. It's still a little young but I got a very nice smoke out of it. I'd like to thank this thread yet again for awesome suggestions

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Kenning posted:

I think my humidor has been running too dry. I've had a few ashy-tasting smokes. Gonna get another large Boveda and try and run it at like 68% rather than 65%. Also, strongly considering a Cigar Oasis.

Nice! My humidor is running a little too wet. I'm thinking about getting a big rear end Boveda to put on the top. I think the beads and propylene glycol are only one way, thus making stuff extra wet.

I got my vaccines scheduled at last! I think I've got my drinks and smokes planned out already. Montecristo Linea Dumas 1935 and Hakushu 12 year. I may have a 2017 Hors d'Ages as well.

And yeah, the MF lines all fully super own.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Maksimus54 posted:

Had a MF Le Bijou 1922 last night, those sticks SLAP! I actually managed my first RASS this week as well. It's still a little young but I got a very nice smoke out of it. I'd like to thank this thread yet again for awesome suggestions

I just finished one myself, and man they are flawless every time. I think the le bijou is the very best of their otherwise exemplary portfolio. What a fabulous cigar.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I need to try another Bijou. I just remember getting a bit nicotine sick with one that I had early last summer. The flavor, as I recall, was excellent.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Crowned Heads Le Careme 2021 was pretty good. If you like Connecticut Broadleaf and can find it at your B&M or online I'd grab it.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man, this box of LAdC Rothschildes is amazing. They're a full 5" x 50, which is absolutely a Robusto in my book.

I snagged this box from Cigar Page for $87, but Atlantic Cigar has them for $74 - they didn't come into stock until the day after I ordered the Rothschildes lmao. Although at $113 for 25 Belicosos, that's a strong purchase as well...

Curivari Buenaventuras, very glad to have them back. I had forgotten how picture perfect they are, and the boxes of 10 are really just the sweet spot price wise.

The Nicaraguans overrun lanceros are very interesting. I'm going to be doing some forensics and see if I can't track down what they are!

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
It’s 28F out right now. What the hell I want to break into the mag46 fiver I got last week.

I hope everyone is smoking well and doing well.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I've grabbed a pair of My Father Le Bijou torpedoes for my spouse and myself, thanks thread!

Chicagoons, how are y'all looking on your vaccination schedule? I just got my first today, so mid-May meetup at Up Down could be quite fun!

E: that Le Bijou was fabulous! Really great tangerine, floral, and perfume flavored without any acridness. Super duper smoking those more often.

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 3, 2021

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Julius Caesar was super nice. There was something savory about it that reminded me a bit of the Opus X maybe? Not the main flavor profile but almost like the after taste or something.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Gentlemen, I have something I'm very excited about tonight! The Curivari Buenaventura LCA exclusive. It's called "Trail Mix" and the secondary band has pictures of pine, nuts, orange, and vanilla. I can't wait to tuck in:

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"

NewFatMike posted:

I've grabbed a pair of My Father Le Bijou torpedoes for my spouse and myself, thanks thread!

E: that Le Bijou was fabulous! Really great tangerine, floral, and perfume flavored without any acridness. Super duper smoking those more often.

Every time my bijou recc sticks I feel a little more validated. That Buenaventura looks hot too, enjoy!

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

NewFatMike posted:

Gentlemen, I have something I'm very excited about tonight! The Curivari Buenaventura LCA exclusive. It's called "Trail Mix" and the secondary band has pictures of pine, nuts, orange, and vanilla. I can't wait to tuck in:

I thought it was really good. It was the first LCA I’ve tried mainly because I like Curivari and it was good enough that I got the new LCA release yesterday which is made by Blackbird.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

That LCA stick was really something else. It's really not anything like a Buenaventura, but it's a recognizable label so I don't blame them.

It was straight medium, maybe a touch on the heavier side. The flavors are even more subdued than the Le Bijou, but also different. The trail mix name is spot on. Even the pine notes were really well balanced. The nuts were great, too. Finished with a smoky flavor with a creamy texture.

Do recommend, I might go grab a fiver since there are only a few left.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
At the tail end of a Flor de las Antillas because it's mid 50s and sunny today, went in to get more coffee and pick up an Alec Bradley tempus because a double header in the sun today sounds too good. I don't have a problem

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Alright y'all, it's last call for for the box pass. I want to get the labels printed and the box on its way by the end of the week. So far we've got Maksimus54, NewFatMike, zuffenphile, and myself. If you'd like to join just PM me with your mailing address and I'll add you to the list.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hell yeah! Very excited, and hopefully my Habanos well get here in time for it to get to me.

I had a Tatuaje Capa Especial Lonsdale Limited Edition today and that is very good. Rather spicy, very delicious. I think I prefer that Curivari I picked up along with it, though.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Nexein and I just kicked off the My Father La Opulencia. It's REAL good so far. Big ol chewy fudgy boi

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I had a partagas petite corona last night while I was grilling some burgers. It was ok, a little one dimensional but it was good for a “I’d like a cigar but I can’t really spend a lot of time or focus on it” smoke.

I probably wouldn’t buy any in the future as this was a freebie I got with some other sticks. It also reaffirms my stance that partagas is just not a brand that interests me. With the maduros and 898s being an exception.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Gramps posted:

Nexein and I just kicked off the My Father La Opulencia. It's REAL good so far. Big ol chewy fudgy boi

Just burned down a Corona in that. Mighty fine smoke, lovely chocolate malt flavors. I've been picking up a bunch of 5 packs of various smokes for testing and MF cigars are quickly finding themselves as favorites

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The Opulencia corona is a lovely perfumey smoke. It's also got a nice citrus zest to it that is quite welcome on such a sweet cigar.

I'm almost wrapped up with a Padron panatela. It was all I hoped it would be, rich and a bit spicy, with plenty of oak and walnuts. Excellent smoke production too.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I'm smokin a cigarpage habano overrun this morning and it's pretty drat awesome. Reminds me of the nub habano flavor wise. I'm trying to get away from cheaper sticks cause I'm trying to cut back a bit but these are just solid. Definitely keeping some around for yardgars and giveaway smokes.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Illusione cg4 and Black Works Killer Bee were just okay, I'm going to give them both another try at some point but I was not overly impressed with either. Aganorsa Signature Selection is pretty tasty, chocolate, nuts, a bit of citrus zest here and there.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I have had like one Liga Privada, I think it was a No. 9, and never really thought they were worth buying at that price point. I have, however, been seeing some Papas Fritas and Nasty Fritas 50 cabs at reasonable prices, so I snagged a Papa Frita from my local Binny's (gobbless da Binny's).

I do remember that Nica Rusticas more or less gave me what I was getting out of LPs, but I think those LPs were perhaps not kept in the best condition. This has much more of that Habanos sea breeze. In fact, if I were blindfolded I might actually mistake this for a Cuban. At least at first. It's turning sweet, peppery, and sublimely spicy at the end.

I'm not a Drew Estate fanboy by any means - I don't think I've ever really sought out their cigars, and their president's steeze is quite far from mine, but I think I will be picking up a 50 cab of these Papas Fritas:

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

I have had like one Liga Privada, I think it was a No. 9, and never really thought they were worth buying at that price point. I have, however, been seeing some Papas Fritas and Nasty Fritas 50 cabs at reasonable prices, so I snagged a Papa Frita from my local Binny's (gobbless da Binny's).

I do remember that Nica Rusticas more or less gave me what I was getting out of LPs, but I think those LPs were perhaps not kept in the best condition. This has much more of that Habanos sea breeze. In fact, if I were blindfolded I might actually mistake this for a Cuban. At least at first. It's turning sweet, peppery, and sublimely spicy at the end.

I'm not a Drew Estate fanboy by any means - I don't think I've ever really sought out their cigars, and their president's steeze is quite far from mine, but I think I will be picking up a 50 cab of these Papas Fritas:

Jonathan Drew is a goofball but they make some drat fine sticks. I still wanna know what the hell they're doing to make their sticks dump foot smoke like a city bus.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Swag day! My order from smokingpipes.com finally arrived:

I got Grand Croupier Boneyard pipe tobacco - I've always wanted to try Grand Croupier because I'd never heard of it before but it's highly rated. There's also Lane HGL pipe tobacco; and finally a 4-pack of Camacho cigars - oh and a cutter because I'm not usually much of a cigar guy.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
Haven't had those particular Camachos yet but Camachos, as a rule, own.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I smoked the first PSD4 that I actually enjoyed today, it was perfect for a beautiful spring day, nice flavors but not overpowering. I've had two before this one that were extremely dull/muted but maybe the box just needed some time to find itself. I also smoked a Cuaba Divinos which was a nice little follow up cigar since I wasn't ready to go inside yet.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I smoked an ‘18 mag 46 last night. I wasn’t surprised at how good it was because I’ve come to expect a lot when it comes to the mag 46.

I really think the are the best flavored cigar in that vitola. MAYBE the RA superiores can make a claim for that spot but I prefer the flavor of the MAG 46

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

At long loving last my Habanos tracking has updated! They're being sorted through New York's ISC right now, which is kind of a bummer because even pre-COVID it had a rep for taking the longest out of places it could hit entry to the US.

My little CNC machine has arrived this week. I've ordered a new router bit and collet for it, so hopefully I'll be getting around to making some cigar accessories soon! I even got a little more work coming up this weekend which may get put into rounding out the humidor further still.

I'm so psyched for this order. Partagas Shorts, JLP Cazadores, and Bolivar Petite Coronas are no joke of a haul! Too bad I'll have to let them sit a month or something before they're where they should be, but I can muster the patience. Hopefully they'll get in before the box gets to me before my turn on the pass ;)

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's hardly gramps mode if it's a new day, yeah?

Stimulus check finally came through! I bought a 50 cab of Liga Privada Papas Fritas, even paid the Illinois tax so I could get a box from Binny's already humidified.

So glad I did! The price is much better online, but it won't have to hang out in the humidor for a month to be ready to smoke. I'm really pleased to have that injection of variety in the humidor.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Went a little ham on cigarbid freefalls yesterday. Got some Perez Carillo E-III, Oliva Melanio Maduro figurados, a full box of Rose of Sharon toros, and a Camacho Sampler. Hyped.

Now I gotta figure out some fancy boy sticks I can get locally for my 40th birthday coming up

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
Padron anniversarios would be a nice 40th birthday stick. I think they even have a 40th

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

+1 to anniversary Padrons for a birthday smoke.

The box pass is on its way! First stop, Maksimus54!

Looking forward to seeing how it all goes. In other news, I smoked a Nub Dub the other night, and I think I agree with Gramps that this might be the best Nub.

Inky black wrapper, nice combination of chocolatey maduro sweetness and zesty pepper. Very fun smoke, with I had more.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Kenning posted:

Looking forward to seeing how it all goes. In other news, I smoked a Nub Dub the other night, and I think I agree with Gramps that this might be the best Nub.

Inky black wrapper, nice combination of chocolatey maduro sweetness and zesty pepper. Very fun smoke, with I had more.

Yeah buddy! I just ran out. I have a serie V maduro and shockingly I think that's my second favorite vitola behind the special figurado. We'll see how the Melanio Maduros hold up against all the other great maduros I've had. Chocolate bombs are my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Super stoked for the box pass. I'll just ask now for a refresher on how this works and any boxpass etiquette I wouldn't know about since this is my first time