Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Critical posted:

welp my dad just left for the hospital in an ambulance. i'm the worst kind of atheist so if you have a couple of words for the dark lord to keep my father on this poo poo planet out of spite feel free

severe shortness of breath post surgery with acute lower leg pain that dissipated last week has all the makings of a pulmonary embolism so i hope we caught it quick or i'm way off base

edit: sorry to be a downer but other than a few friends i've already talked to i am an isle unto myself and everyone here is cool and it feels better to rant into the digital ether

when something like this happens we gotta pull out all the stops when it comes to looking for support. you done fine and i'll keep your daddy in my positive thoughts little bubby. similar to praying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Critical posted:

welp my dad just left for the hospital in an ambulance. i'm the worst kind of atheist so if you have a couple of words for the dark lord to keep my father on this poo poo planet out of spite feel free

severe shortness of breath post surgery with acute lower leg pain that dissipated last week has all the makings of a pulmonary embolism so i hope we caught it quick or i'm way off base

edit: sorry to be a downer but other than a few friends i've already talked to i am an isle unto myself and everyone here is cool and it feels better to rant into the digital ether

ain't never a downer to need help and care. Non-denominationally keeping fingers crossed for you.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ItohRespectArmy posted:

every day we come closer to animated steel ball run :sickos:

oh good someone else with my exact same thought process

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Listening to the new Godspeed, OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN is the most emotional drone track I've heard since the disintegration loops. Tears in my eyes.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Listening to the new Godspeed, OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN is the most emotional drone track I've heard since the disintegration loops. Tears in my eyes.

drat you just got me hyped for it, gonna check it out on the commute tomorrow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hope your dad is okay, Critical, and remember to look after yourself too!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Hope your dad is okay, Critical, and remember to look after yourself too!

thank you everyone. apparently his vitals are stable and he's waiting on radiology but will be there for the night

it's weird, i exist fighting off anxiety and neuroses of poo poo i can't control all day, but the moment I hear "dad is having trouble breathing" i can keep everyone else's poo poo together, make the decision he's going to the hospital and make a (very calm and informative if i say so myself) 911 phone call despite a hatred of phone calls, and explain to my mom "here's what i think it might be, if i'm right we caught it early and it can be taken care of, if I'm wrong you can blame me later but he needs to be seen by a doctor right now" without her having an anxiety ridden meltdown herself. good thing I actually paid attention in class a decade ago

maybe I should have become an emt and taken a life of poo poo pay and for sure alcoholism and ptsd

currently I feel pretty calm but that's probably my 90%TAC vape cart talking

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
that's why they call you critical, because in the critical moment, you take it to the hole.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Goddammit Godzilla vs. Kong almost nailed the only thing I was looking for from the movie but didn't quite stick the landing. All I wanted was for at the end for Godzilla and Kong to give each other the little "You're a'ight" nod goddammit Hollywood what the gently caress are you doing get your poo poo together :argh:

I watched it last night and this absolutely happened??

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
my boss got shitcanned over the weekend and this is my last week here before i move so i’m watching movies lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bangin on a shitcan

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

drummin on a fleshLIGHT

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Today is one of those days when I feel like I have zero idea what the hell I’m doing and how no one’s found it out yet lol however I’m also pretty good at seeming like I know what I’m doing. Basically I do everything flying by the seat of my pants and somehow end up looking like I know my poo poo. This is unrelated to the drumming thing above. Nine weeks until summer vacation

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 5, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wazzu posted:

There's people who played Bioshock and thought it was a drat shame other people stopped Andrew Ryan's otherwise flawless plans.

For many years this forum has frustratingly thought they've been that kind of gleefully lightly racist and sexist. Kind of like how Family Guy has all it's offensive humour - it's not really laughing at the sexism, racism etc. it kinda just [u]is[u/] all it's awful humour.

In other discussion, is it worth trying to get the video for the Lance review/breaking of Vinny's will?

Moving this here from another thread because it feels more appropriate here.

I've been playing Bioshock for a little bit recently. I remember when it came out everyone was going on about how it was the best thing ever. I thought it was pretty good - but not as good as Mass Effect but I was in the minority. Bioshock was one of those games where I beat it all the way through and didn't play it again for a decade.

I was wondering though, since the mess that was Bioshock Infinite with it's sloppy messaging about revolution and terrible DLC - whatever happened to Ken Lavine?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I just downloaded Disco Elysium. Don’t know what to expect from it but I need something to do this week.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

I just downloaded Disco Elysium. Don’t know what to expect from it but I need something to do this week.

It's very good, lots of reading but less now with the enhanced voice acting. My one tip is don't worry so much about failing skill checks, sometimes failing is the better option and sometimes it leads to hilarious or interesting events.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
You are right Eat My Fuc.

I should reinstall Dwarf Fortress.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Awesome, thanks I just started it.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

the good news: i was wrong and no blood clots for my dad (although the er doc said it was his first thought as well). he's stable and very cranky as he's still in the er on a gurney and his rear end hurts and the red sox suck out loud.

the meh: he has fluid around his heart, although that's apparently a common side effect of cardiovascular surgery. they stuck him on a diuretic and are waiting until tomorrow to run further scans but he should be fine

i need to do research on diuretics. the fact that you can take a pill to sop up excess fluid around your heart and then piss it out hours later is mystifying to me

thanks for watching my video please hit the bell

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that kicks rear end im glad your dad is alive

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Critical posted:

the good news: i was wrong and no blood clots for my dad (although the er doc said it was his first thought as well). he's stable and very cranky as he's still in the er on a gurney and his rear end hurts and the red sox suck out loud.

the meh: he has fluid around his heart, although that's apparently a common side effect of cardiovascular surgery. they stuck him on a diuretic and are waiting until tomorrow to run further scans but he should be fine

i need to do research on diuretics. the fact that you can take a pill to sop up excess fluid around your heart and then piss it out hours later is mystifying to me

That's real good hell yea. Piss is magic.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Critical posted:

Glad he's doing good and he's right, the Red Sox do in fact suck out loud so far.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

glad to hear your father’s in good enough condition to be cranky, Critical

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The rangers home opener was today and the stadium was jam packed full of fans to watch the worst team in baseball suck wee wee but at least they get to experience the novel coronavirus

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Happy to hear about your dad, Critical

Columbo is the best piece of media ever created

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Happy to hear about your dad, Critical

Columbo is the best piece of media ever created

Not many other shows can say they featured both Johnny Cash and William Shatner as villains

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not many other shows can say they featured both Johnny Cash and William Shatner as villains

Reality can make this claim, actually

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Reality can make this claim, actually

Big lol over here, the pitch and the home run, thanks ya’ll

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got three yahtzees on my off-brand yahtzee phone game yesterday. still thinking about it. it continues to gives out the 50 as long as you already scored a yahtzee. so that racked up 390 points in total since it was a decent game aside. where do i go from here. will i ever beat that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ih5UArd4zk

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I got my first dose of Astrazeneca COVID vaccine today. Been 15 hours with no side effects and counting. Well, the arm that got injection has been a little uncomfortable, but only a little. It is good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's awesome forkboy, how long till you can get the second?

Also so glad to hear your dad is okay, Critical, get some sleep!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I watched it last night and this absolutely happened??

It almost happens. They stop to stare at each other and it looks like they're gonna give the nod but then they just move on. Be more explicit dammit, give me the "You cool" nod :argh:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
In the cut I saw they had sex

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they did the nod

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Okay so

Death Stranding came out in 11/2019. I bought it opening weekend.

I took a monumentally long break and picked it up again during spring break 2020 and beat it around this time last year.

The gap between beating it and now has been almost three times as long as the gap between starting it and finishing it; yet it feels like I finished it like yesterday and gap for the break I took still feels interminable.

Wtf is time.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i got my first moderna shot today and it is kicking my rear end.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shayna Baszler posted:

i got my first moderna shot today and it is kicking my rear end.

Whoop my rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoomp there it is was originally called whoop that rear end but they decided to change it due to high pressure. they still say it in the song, during the chant. children "misheard" it correctly for years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

analysis of my fave song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4alg9CZMIw

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

That's awesome forkboy, how long till you can get the second?

Probably take them the full 12 weeks. British government seem to have decided getting every one their first shot is a higher priority than getting the second shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just played through Baldur's Gate 2 3 times in a row over the last couple of weeks trying out a bunch of different mods. Think I'll hop into Neverwinter Nights 2 now.