Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It's hard to pick a favorite but this is a top 5 OCU (On Cinema Universe) laugh for me.

I flipped on https://adultswim.com/streams/channel-5 before bed last night and caught the 5th Oscar special just in time for Mark in the Diving Suit doing Quint part and that's also a top 5.

Those guys deserved an emmy, the acting is loving great. Everyone sells the shock of 'our friend might be dead' perfectly.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 2, 2021

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Another Bill posted:

It's hard to pick a favorite but this is a top 5 OCU (On Cinema Universe) laugh for me.

Mark playing Tim playing Decker is definitely one of the best bits in the whole show, and probably one of the most opaque. I can't even imagine how inscrutable it must be if you haven't watched the show from the beginning, but presumably there are people who have only seen Decker because it's on TV and don't understand half the premise

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Mark playing Tim playing Decker is definitely one of the best bits in the whole show, and probably one of the most opaque. I can't even imagine how inscrutable it must be if you haven't watched the show from the beginning, but presumably there are people who have only seen Decker because it's on TV and don't understand half the premise

I got into On Cinema through Decker being a Tim and Eric Fan, it works as a weird Tim and Eric bit that goes on way too long. It's better with context but it does actually stand alone.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mark does an impression of the Three Stooges that’s unparalleled. It’s like Larry, Curly and Moe are alive again

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

sponges posted:

Mark does an impression of the Three Stooges that’s unparalleled. It’s like Larry, Curly and Moe are alive again

I had to bring up my tv’s info bar to confirm I wasn’t back in time watching the real life Stooges. Mark has a gift!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

They should do some movie magic and have mark recreate a famous stooges bit and play all parts.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I heard that Gregg's version of the oscar special will be VHS only, and the tapes will be sent to ticketholders two months after the oscars (it takes time to make all those copies!) not much else info on it, though we do know the runtime will be 97 minutes

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

sponges posted:

It's even better if you sit back, relax, pour yourself some Three Stooges coffee and enjoy the show!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
A great thing about golden age comedies is that so many are in the public domain and can be freely duplicated onto tapes. Just like the Oscar winning film ”A Star is Born”

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1378017141509648384?s=21

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I can't belive a good Christian like Tim is using cancel culture on popular movie experts

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 3, 2021

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Here is some ORIGINAL movie research I just did. In Oh God Jerry drives an AMC Gremlin with the license plate "825-DQI". This license plate is a reused prop from the 1971 TV show "Cannon" in which the license plate is used by Frank Cannon as seen in season 3.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Another Bill posted:

I can't belive a good Christian like Tim is using cancel culture on popular movie experts

He clarified that Joker is banned, Gregg may still be a guest but that’s up in the air.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tetramin posted:

He clarified that Joker is banned, Gregg may still be a guest but that’s up in the air.

I can't believe Tim has gone radical ANTIFA

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Just subscribed to the HEI network for the Oscer Special.

I've got the Oscar fever!!!!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i hope tim reforms dekkar. axiom deserves it after saving everyones lives

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i hope tim reforms dekkar. axiom deserves it after saving everyones lives

Not to mention Ax’s movie expertise

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
With a name like Mister Movies in them you can’t lose!

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
hey everyone I just am here to say that I am new to OC@TC but I am really enjoying catching up on things. I cannot believe Tim had the audacity to ruin Gregg's VHS tapes all those years ago at the 1st annual Oscar show. I hope by the time I am up to speed that Tim has replaced the ruined tapes!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

g-c posted:

hey everyone I just am here to say that I am new to OC@TC but I am really enjoying catching up on things. I cannot believe Tim had the audacity to ruin Gregg's VHS tapes all those years ago at the 1st annual Oscar show. I hope by the time I am up to speed that Tim has replaced the ruined tapes!

smdh

Maybe Gregg can lift a finger for once and help out instead of sabotaging everything Tim has worked hard for.

Have you considered that?

Where’s Mark?!? Serious questions remain as to the level of care that Gregg was purportedly furnishing. Medicaid fraud!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

g-c posted:

tim has made it up to gregg many times over since then :)

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

19 o'clock posted:

smdh

Maybe Gregg can lift a finger for once and help out instead of sabotaging everything Tim has worked hard for.

Where’s Mark?!? Serious questions remain as to the level of care that Gregg was purportedly furnishing. Medicaid fraud!

I considered myself a Gregg head until he demonstrated such a failure to find Mark. Poor guy is out there somewhere

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tetramin posted:

I considered myself a Gregg head until he demonstrated such a failure to find Mark. Poor guy is out there somewhere

We speak of the failures of Gregg but where are the successes of LaRue?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gregg took care of Mark for months and as a result of his care Mark came out of his coma, I don't know in what book that is poor care or some kind of failure. He resurrected him through the power of movies. Mark literally became an Oscar

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Chairman Capone posted:

We speak of the failures of Gregg but where are the successes of LaRue?

I have been sending tips to La Roux on the Hei website for weeks

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

g-c posted:

ah i wish i could watch it for the first time over again... you are in for so many treats

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

Just subscribed to the HEI network for the Oscer Special.

I've got the Oscar fever!!!!

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

sponges posted:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Lmaoooooo

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Legitimately never fails to make me laugh

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
Ugh, god! I try to remain unbiased but it really got under my skin how Gregg refused to give his thoughts on Carrie. Why is he going out of his way to derail Tim's show? Just do the job! He's lucky that Tim even has him on the the show as a GUEST as often as he does.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

19 o'clock posted:

smdh

Tetramin posted:

g-c posted:

Ugh, god! I try to remain unbiased but it really got under my skin how Gregg refused to give his thoughts on Carrie. Why is he going out of his way to derail Tim's show? Just do the job! He's lucky that Tim even has him on the the show as a GUEST as often as he does.

I reported all these posts fyi enjoy your bans :byewhore:

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Another Bill posted:

I reported all these posts fyi enjoy your bans :byewhore:

unbelievable! im starting to understand why Gregg heads have a bad rap. im only caught up to mid season 2 but I'm starting to think tim has the more levelheaded fan base

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

g-c posted:

unbelievable! im starting to understand why Gregg heads have a bad rap. im only caught up to mid season 2 but I'm starting to think tim has the more levelheaded fan base

Greggheads are dangerous fanatics

Also Dr. San is still alive and did nothing wrong

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dr. San was persecuted because of the China Connection (vape systems protect from covid).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I dont know anything about dominos but I love how the E not unfolding must be an actual error. The kind of thing that make the oscar specials freewheeling and fun

e: in the first appearance of agent kington in decker, the joke as I recall is that tim has recut footage of gregg after asking him to put on a suit and talk about his coding system. does anyone remember the episode w the original footage?

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 7, 2021